20. Giddings
21. Celina
22. Lubbock Cooper
23. China Spring
24. Libery-Eylau
25. Lubbock Estacado

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Wow...Giddings all the way down at #20. Surprises me.

'Necks 2013-14
09-04-2012, 11:16 AM
1. Navasota
2. La Marque
3. Columbia
4. Wimberley
5. Gilmer
6. Carthage
7. Stephenville
8. Alvarado
9. Waco La Vega
10. West Orange stark
11. El Campo
12. Kilgore
13. Abilene Wylie
14. Kennedale
15. Bellville
16. Coldspring
17. Argyle
18. Melissa
19. Henderson
20. Giddings
21. Celina
22. Lubbock Cooper
23. China Spring
24. Libery-Eylau
25. Lubbock Estacado Now that looks LOADS more accurate than the AP poll. I would however have Bellville and Giddings ranked higher than where they are at.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Is Llano really that good? Because they damn near beat the #4 team on the poll, and they've been terrible recently.

I figured it was a combo of them being much better and Wimberley being down.

Hard for me to put the Texans at #4...

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Is Llano really that good? Because they damn near beat the #4 team on the poll, and they've been terrible recently.

I dont think we were ranked that high at this time last year, were we?

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I dont think we were ranked that high at this time last year, were we?

No clue. I mean, im not saying Wimberley isnt good. We all know you guys are bipolar (3-7 Taylor) and then winning state.

I'm more than aware that the Texans can turn it on at any point because theyve got the players/coaches to do so.

Just not sure what to make of wimberley after last friday

Hater
09-04-2012, 12:04 PM
So basically Saggy is saying that he KNOWS NOTHING about Wimberley, but the NOTHING that he knows is enough info for him to make the decision that they shouldn't be ranked #4.. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
So basically Saggy is saying that he KNOWS NOTHING about Wimberley, but the NOTHING that he knows is enough info for him to make the decision that they shouldn't be ranked #4.. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

I KNOW WT almost lost to LLANO of all people, LOL.

Let me emphasize that, LLANO....

They won ONE game last year? They got beat by burnet 73-0. SEVENTY THREE TO ZERO....

Did Burnet even make the playoffs???

Hater
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I KNOW WT almost lost to LLANO of all people, LOL.

Let me emphasize that, LLANO....

And what do you know about this year's Llano team..? NOTHING..

Let me emphasize that.....NOTHING! Give me a break.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 12:22 PM
And what do you know about this year's Llano team..? NOTHING..

Let me emphasize that.....NOTHING! Give me a break.

How many games has Llano even been competitive in in the last 3-4 years? 5 or 6? against 2A schools?

I'm sure they're really good this year.

Hater
09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
How many games has Llano even been competitive in in the last 3-4 years? 5 or 6? against 2A schools?

Remind me again how many games "your boys" the Roughnecks won the seasons prior to their recent successful seasons..? I remember one win in 03 & not very many in the seasons leading up to the two state semi-final runs..

Gsquared
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM

:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Remind me again how many games "your boys" the Roughnecks won the seasons prior to their recent successful seasons..? I remember one win in 03 & not very many in the seasons leading up to the two state semi-final runs..

LOL, please explain how 2003 has anything to do with 2010 and 2011?

Those guys have already graduated from college. They have 0 influence on the product WC put on the field the last 2 years. And 2007 was a Qfinal appearance for WC, a LITTLE more relevant.

Llano, however, has had ZERO success in recent years with a great majority of those players coming back this year, which is actually relevant.

Hater
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
One-win 03 season came right before two district championship seasons and a deep playoff run (many of the key players on the crappy 03 team played on the successful teams, some played on all 3).. Might wanna brush up on your facts, young buck.

I'm really don't wanna argue about two teams that I don't care about...I just found it interesting that someone could formulate and defend an opinion that was based on little-to-no facts.. Seems off.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
One-win 03 season came right before two district championship seasons and a deep playoff run (many of the key players on the crappy 03 team played on the successful teams, some played on all 3).. Might wanna brush up on your facts, young buck.

I'm really don't wanna argue about two teams that I don't care about...I just found it interesting that someone could formulate and defend an opinion that was based on little-to-no facts.. Seems off. I dont have the history on hand, but wasnt the district championships and subsequent playoff run in 05 & 06 and not 04/05...?

Playoff run was a new coach and 3 years removed from 2003?

And i never said that a team cant be greatly improved, WC being a perfect example of that here recently and as you pointed out, but to what extent?

I dont forsee Llano going from the absolute cellar of 3A to anywhere close to what WC or Wimberley are supposed to be.

Gone Fishing
09-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Llano had some good teams not that long ago, and these seniors this year (wimberley and Llano) played each other every year 7th, 8th grade and then the realignment happened. Llano's young teams were good then. They also had big time injury problems last year and a coach that lost control I heard. The new coach had them boys ready to play the other night and they have some really good players as I mentioned in another thread. My theory is, if your bad one or two years in a roll, but you are going to turn it around sometime, why can't it be now, New coach, tons of seniors, some really good players. Just saying a team turns it around sooner or later. Llano is not a cellar team or school, so its a matter of time till they have a good year and turn it around. I really think they were good and may win a lot of games this year and maybe make the playoffs. You heard it from GF first......

Sportshack
09-04-2012, 06:29 PM

Me either!

regaleagle
09-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Well, I don't see Kilgore and El Campo getting a very high ranking so far, considering the past history of both of these 4A dropdowns. The season is only a week old, so the cream has yet to rise. I said all along Argyle was over-ranked and young....that I'd be surprised if we got to Week 10 with no losses. Still a viable contender come playoff time IMO, but certainly not a Top 10 early on. And our predistrict is designed for tough matchups....not cupcakes.

Old Tiger
09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Now that looks LOADS more accurate than the AP poll. I would however have Bellville and Giddings ranked higher than where they are at.
Why bellville because they beat a below average at best caldwell team?

'Necks 2013-14
09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Why bellville because they beat a below average at best caldwell team?No, just going on all that I have read and heard about the 'Bulls before the season even started. Not saying that I have a crystal ball or anything...besides..I believe they have an ointment for that! :)

rb585
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Now that looks LOADS more accurate than the AP poll. I would however have Bellville and Giddings ranked higher than where they are at.

Speaking of Bellville, they went 2-8 in 2010 so I guess we should dismiss their 2011 season.

ogg
09-04-2012, 10:07 PM

Llano’s not going to be kicked around in 8-3A. Like I’ve said before, the Jackets are a much improved team. Their coach is doing some very impressive work with these boys.

ccmom
09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Llano’s not going to be kicked around in 8-3A. Like I’ve said before, the Jackets are a much improved team. Their coach is doing some very impressive work with these boys.

Slaughter is a good coach. District will be interesting. It might be different than the previous times he and Shipley have met. We shall see.