PDA

View Full Version : aTm Florida Billboard...

Bullaholic
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Well, you gotta give the Ags credit for having some juevos---but I wonder about the wisdom of "in your face SEC" before the first game....

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/texas-am-billboard-gainesville/?utm_source=SDS&utm_medium=twitter

neck_06
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I'd be willing to bet that neither Texas A&M nor their athletic department had anything to do with that billboard.....if it's even real.

Bullaholic
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd be willing to bet that neither Texas A&M nor their athletic department had anything to do with that billboard.....if it's even real.

I would hope they didn't, neck---it says they are investigating, so I would think that it is a real billboard. Guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out the truth.

jett
09-04-2012, 11:01 AM
The billboard is real, but Jason Cook (VP of Marketing @ A&M) officially saying that they are not behind it...

HEMOTOXIC
09-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Maybe some of those wealthy Aggie Alum!

neck_06
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe some of those wealthy Aggie Alum!

This would also be my best guess...

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Maybe its the big 12 (and/or UT) doing it ? :vrycnfsd:

Maroon87
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Maybe its the big 12 (and/or UT) doing it ? :vrycnfsd:

My guess is it could be another SEC school poking UF and using A&M as bait. When you think about some of the fan hijinks that have gone on lately in the SEC this would be pretty tame...

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 12:53 PM
My guess is it could be another SEC school poking UF and using A&M as bait. When you think about some of the fan hijinks that have gone on lately in the SEC this would be pretty tame...

You may be right.... Its funny to read all the comments from SEC alum, mass hysteria......

navscanmaster
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM
It says Aggie Nation on it. End if thread, not done by A&M or anybody associated with A&M.

Old Tiger
09-04-2012, 02:49 PM
They wonder why people think what they do of them.

Phil C
09-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I am shocked I tell you. Shocked!

Macarthur
09-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I have a hard time thinking that an aggie would use the term 'Aggie Nation'.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
It says Aggie Nation on it. End if thread, not done by A&M or anybody associated with A&M.

What they said...

Rabid Cougar
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM

It is not beyond us to do it in Austin, Waco or Lubbock. It is very hard to believe it in Gainsville. I cannot even believe that an Old Ag would have done it there, at least not until the Ags have whooped them a few times.

navscanmaster
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
They wonder why people think what they do of them.
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/da036c1e6016f54d00887907c82f6059/http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii375/Trueflame08/unsuccessful-troll.jpg

bigwood33
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
The notion that aTm is a clean program just isn't supported by the facts either. I have been an Aggies fan for 40 years but clean, it ain't! The two football programs that have had the most NCAA investigations are Auburn and aTm.
That group might want to get off of their high horse.

Old Tiger
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-7965352

navscanmaster
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
LOL, okay.

Buff42
09-04-2012, 11:06 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-7965352
OK Gang, here's the deal. The majority of aTm's violations came in the Bear Bryant era. You see, that was the only way the orangebloods could keep him from winning a national championship. It was the same bunch of cronies who created the UIL to make sure top recruits got funneled to austin. Before you jump down my throat, ask yourself why the UIL commandeered the now defunct Prairie View Interscholastic League? Same reason. Same reason the longhorn network came into existence, to tilt the table in tu's favor. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Old Tiger
09-05-2012, 06:14 AM
OK Gang, here's the deal. The majority of aTm's violations came in the Bear Bryant era. You see, that was the only way the orangebloods could keep him from winning a national championship. It was the same bunch of cronies who created the UIL to make sure top recruits got funneled to austin. Before you jump down my throat, ask yourself why the UIL commandeered the now defunct Prairie View Interscholastic League? Same reason. Same reason the longhorn network came into existence, to tilt the table in tu's favor. Sounds crazy, but it's true.Do you have an asshole? I hear everyone has one

LHPfactory
09-05-2012, 07:31 AM

UF alum and students refer to themselves as "Gator Nation", thats what I call a clue, pot stirring by their own to get Florida hyped up for the game.

navscanmaster
09-05-2012, 07:53 AM
UF alum and students refer to themselves as "Gator Nation", thats what I call a clue, pot stirring by their own to get Florida hyped up for the game.
I am leaning toward some soon to be named Big XII school alum. They seemed to overlook the fact that Clear Channel is heavily tied into A&M. Jason Cook, VP of Marketing and Communication at TAMU has been on this like stink on Old Tiger. Or is it crap? Is there a difference?

Just kidding little man. Keep on trolling those silly aggies, show them who's better!

jett
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
They seemed to overlook the fact that Clear Channel is heavily tied into A&M.

Yeh, I'd say so... Lowry Mays is the chairman of the board at Clear Channel. (See: A&M's "Lowry Mays School Of Business")

ILS1
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
OK Gang, here's the deal. The majority of aTm's violations came in the Bear Bryant era. You see, that was the only way the orangebloods could keep him from winning a national championship. It was the same bunch of cronies who created the UIL to make sure top recruits got funneled to austin. Before you jump down my throat, ask yourself why the UIL commandeered the now defunct Prairie View Interscholastic League? Same reason. Same reason the longhorn network came into existence, to tilt the table in tu's favor. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Not trying to stir the pot. But alot of the violations the Aggies got most recently was probably during and after the Jackie Sherrill coaching era.

:doh:

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Praying

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Praying

wrong thread... but still praying.

1 Thessalonians 5:17

bigwood33
09-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Not trying to stir the pot. But alot of the violations the Aggies got most recently was probably during and after the Jackie Sherrill coaching era.

:doh:
Most everyone's violations occurred in the not so recent past but they still happened. Most of OU's were in the '50- mid 80's. SMU's were primarily in the 70's and early '80's. A school either has a history of cheating or not. As for the Ag's, their recent past is pretty solid but their history is not.