PDA

View Full Version : Hondo @ Liberty Hill

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
LH coming off a tuff loss to the Buffs and Hondo edging Boerne.

If LH has responded correctly to the loss, defending LH will be like trying to stop the water from a broken dam.

I suspect Hondo may have a good team, however, Anyone know the real low down on what Hondo is like this year?

I have to go with LH, I believe Hondo better be prepared, if not this could be like LH vs Gatesville 06.... if the Owls are not fired up and ready to play.

What Say You?

panfan
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM

If LH has responded correctly to the loss, defending LH will be like trying to stop the water from a broken dam.

I suspect Hondo may have a good team, however, Anyone know the real low down on what Hondo is like this year?

I have to go with LH, I believe Hondo better be prepared, if not this could be like LH vs Gatesville 06.... if the Owls are not fired up and ready to play.

What Say You?

LH will be ready to go. They had some injuries (and still have some), and had a couple guys going both ways for a big part of the game due to those injuries. THey were just plum wore out. No excuses, they still should not have lost to the Buffs, but I suspect the coaches will make some adjustments.

buff4ever
09-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes, guys going both ways this early in the year with 2 a days being cut back is really tough. Giddings had 5 going both ways against LH and it showed as the game went on. Luckily we have enough athletes that we weren't just counting on one or two to come up with a big play. Glenn obviously plays a huge role in our offense, but we had several others really make great plays on offense as well (for those who know them, dock, mack, hickey, haywood?SP?)

I do expect LH to dominate this game with a convincing victory. I will agree that you should not have lost to the buffs after the buffs had 4 turnovers, I couldn't believe after we came back, I said to some friends, "we just beat a good lh team with us having 4 turnovers, that doesn't happen when their offense is playing that well."

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Yes, guys going both ways this early in the year with 2 a days being cut back is really tough. Giddings had 5 going both ways against LH and it showed as the game went on. Luckily we have enough athletes that we weren't just counting on one or two to come up with a big play. Glenn obviously plays a huge role in our offense, but we had several others really make great plays on offense as well (for those who know them, dock, mack, hickey, haywood?SP?)

I do expect LH to dominate this game with a convincing victory. I will agree that you should not have lost to the buffs after the buffs had 4 turnovers, I couldn't believe after we came back, I said to some friends, "we just beat a good lh team with us having 4 turnovers, that doesn't happen when their offense is playing that well."

Both LH and Giddings look to have good teams this year.

The turn overs also hurt LH. 1 was inside the 5 that cost LH a TD at the end of the first half. Also the onside kick, that was the difference in the game, of course the Buffs made good use of it and made a touchdown.

The turn overs were painful for both sides, but Giddings made the most of the big one at the end and thats the ball game. A great match up for sure.

Adam Dock appears to be as good of a QB as his big brother Alan Dock was as A LineBacker.

Cam
09-04-2012, 12:02 PM

What Say You?

....let's not talk about broken dams and such.....I live on the river bottoms of Buchanan Dam....and that kind of talk skeers me!!.....Since 9/11, all dams are considered terrorist targets. Me and the boys tooks a hike towards the dam and in no time we had a helicopter hoverin' over us!....They're watchin' us!....That's a good thing....anyway,,,carry on men!!! Oh, and LH will win their next game....

greendawg84
09-04-2012, 12:17 PM
....let's not talk about broken dams and such.....I live on the river bottoms of Buchanan Dam....and that kind of talk skeers me!!.....Since 9/11, all dams are considered terrorist targets. Me and the boys tooks a hike towards the dam and in no time we had a helicopter hoverin' over us!....They're watchin' us!....That's a good thing....anyway,,,carry on men!!! Oh, and LH will win their next game....

They are ALWAYS watching you , and for good reason .......:wave:

I agree the Hill rolls this week.

Los Owls
09-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Big test for the Ows this week...Owls faced a 90%pass last week with a no huddle team in Boerne.Now,Owls face a runnng team in LH...Owls are a very small team this year compared to years past but,they sure are a motivated bunch of kids...Owls passing game worked last week so, let's see whats up this week..LH is no pushover and glad Hondo schedules caliber schools in non district like LH...Owls again have to play top notch all the whole 4 qtrs..LH is the favorites but,can't go against those Hondo Owls,They will surprise you if your not ready...Owls in a close one...:doh:

LHPfactory
09-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Big test for the Ows this week...Owls faced a 90%pass last week with a no huddle team in Boerne.Now,Owls face a runnng team in LH...Owls are a very small team this year compared to years past but,they sure are a motivated bunch of kids...Owls passing game worked last week so, let's see whats up this week..LH is no pushover and glad Hondo schedules caliber schools in non district like LH...Owls again have to play top notch all the whole 4 qtrs..LH is the favorites but,can't go against those Hondo Owls,They will surprise you if your not ready...Owls in a close one...:doh:

Are yall gonna bring the whole town/county like the 2006 Semi Finals in San Antonio? If so we will need to rent another stadium, cause the old one we have is to small..... :)

bjrod9
09-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Are yall gonna bring the whole town/county like the 2006 Semi Finals in San Antonio? If so we will need to rent another stadium, cause the old one we have is to small..... :)

LOL...I remember the whole town came out..I'm sure there will be a few heading out to LH!

bjrod9
09-05-2012, 07:35 AM

What Say You?

I hope the Owls show some fight and heart.They will be tested.I'm an Owl fan and this is no Hondo team like in the past. In my opinion, I have not seen a very small team like this in quite some time.They are a scrappy group though.It's good to see LH on the schedule.I'm afraid it's going to be a long night for the Owls.I believe they will come out and show some heart,but I hope they prove us all wrong.I'm not trying to be negative,but lack of speed and size just doesnt look good when facing a monster.

Bassact
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
If LH doesn't refocus it could be the beginning of the end. LH lost a heartbreaker with a lot of young guys. They learned a hard lesson. Hopefully they take it as a positive and come out on fire and build up from here. Coach Vance already making changes to get the team lined out and personel in the right positions which is exactly what non-district is for. I'm betting LH comes out focused and eliminates the little mistakes that cost them last week. It's been an extra hard long week of practice so I'm sure the boys don't want to go through it again.
Offense is rolling and will continue to get better. D started slow then stepped it up just had a let down at the end. Duncan will get that fixed.
bjrod9 - size and speed is not LH strong point, this will be a very good match up.. Be fun to possible play a team with similar size kids as us for once.. Sure wish I knew what everyone else was putting in the water to get their kids to grow and get fast.

LHPfactory
09-05-2012, 12:46 PM
If LH doesn't refocus it could be the beginning of the end. LH lost a heartbreaker with a lot of young guys. They learned a hard lesson. Hopefully they take it as a positive and come out on fire and build up from here. Coach Vance already making changes to get the team lined out and personel in the right positions which is exactly what non-district is for. I'm betting LH comes out focused and eliminates the little mistakes that cost them last week. It's been an extra hard long week of practice so I'm sure the boys don't want to go through it again.
Offense is rolling and will continue to get better. D started slow then stepped it up just had a let down at the end. Duncan will get that fixed.
bjrod9 - size and speed is not LH strong point, this will be a very good match up.. Be fun to possible play a team with similar size kids as us for once.. Sure wish I knew what everyone else was putting in the water to get their kids to grow and get fast.

LH is small and doesnt have blistering break away speed, however, they have ligtning quick execution/ on both sides of the ball. Giddings was very fast and was able to catch each of our backs, however, not till they moved the chains.

garciap77
09-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Liberty Hill by 7!

Los Owls
09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Owls will have some fans over there..Won't be as full as back in '06..Great test for the OWLS....I think the only other team that runs as much as LH,will be Devine at the end of the season....

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 06:35 AM
A good take on Last Week and looking forward to this week:

http://libertyhillsports.com/2012/09/03/the-ugly-the-bad-and-the-good/

panfan
09-06-2012, 10:14 AM
A good take on Last Week and looking forward to this week:

http://libertyhillsports.com/2012/09/03/the-ugly-the-bad-and-the-good/

You know, when I first read that article, I was nun too happy about it. Then I read it again, and reflected a bit on the game. No mis-statements and fairly accurate. We blew opportunites to score, a lead and muffed an on side kick. Some of the details were not paid attention to on the field. I believe those issues have been addressed this week as the coaches have made some adjustments.

BTW - on other threads, Cam and Greendawg are taking every opportunity to rag on purple and gold in an effort to rile up the panther faithful. Suggest an all out frontal assault. I think it is time for a throw down - LH vs Burnet posters paintball - we shoot purple they shoot green. Whoever walks away with less paint and wounds, wins the 29 showdown till we play in October.

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
You know, when I first read that article, I was nun too happy about it. Then I read it again, and reflected a bit on the game. No mis-statements and fairly accurate. We blew opportunites to score, a lead and muffed an on side kick. Some of the details were not paid attention to on the field. I believe those issues have been addressed this week as the coaches have made some adjustments.

BTW - on other threads, Cam and Greendawg are taking every opportunity to rag on purple and gold in an effort to rile up the panther faithful. Suggest an all out frontal assault. I think it is time for a throw down - LH vs Burnet posters paintball - we shoot purple they shoot green. Whoever walks away with less paint and wounds, wins the 29 showdown till we play in October.

Well panfan you finally came out to play ! Bout time , board has been a little slow without you guys.

Paintball !! Dude that would be a blast , count me in !

Super_R
09-06-2012, 10:31 AM
LH returned less than half their starters....Several sophs...and some of the returners are in different postitions. Friday's loss to Giddings was tough...very tough. With a tough loss there is the opportunity to reflect and understand that all it took to get a W was one more tackle...one more block...1 less fumble...1 less penalty. Those kind of losses can sometimes be the best learning tools.

LH will Roll on Hondo.

panfan
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Well panfan you finally came out to play ! Bout time , board has been a little slow without you guys.

Paintball !! Dude that would be a blast , count me in !

I don't think we even need to go to the paintball place - just line up on the football field like revolutionary soldiers, aim and shoot. Someone is going down. After the initial volley of a couple hundred rounds, we can afix the rubber bayonets to the end of the ridiulously short barrels and CHARGE!!!!
Either that, or I can just unload a hopper full of purple paint pellets on CAM as he drives his scooter through town!!!!

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't think we even need to go to the paintball place - just line up on the football field like revolutionary soldiers, aim and shoot. Someone is going down. After the initial volley of a couple hundred rounds, we can afix the rubber bayonets to the end of the ridiulously short barrels and CHARGE!!!!
Either that, or I can just unload a hopper full of purple paint pellets on CAM as he drives his scooter through town!!!!

I like both ideas ( just dont tell CAM about the 2nd one ) . Wonder if that would violate any UIL rules ? Only bad thing is we play at our place and I dont want that Purple junk on our green grass!

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
LH returned less than half their starters....Several sophs...and some of the returners are in different postitions. Friday's loss to Giddings was tough...very tough. With a tough loss there is the opportunity to reflect and understand that all it took to get a W was one more tackle...one more block...1 less fumble...1 less penalty. Those kind of losses can sometimes be the best learning tools.

LH will Roll on Hondo.

I agree, this group has the Intensity and Energy that reminds me of the the 2006ish era for LH. Like I said earlier, I have a feeling that these guys will be like water "rushing" (pun intended) from a broken dam this friday..... unstopable.

As talented and fast as Giddings looked, they could barely slow the LH offense down (and i mean just barely, 410 yards of offense is just the beginning), This young group has the potential to be a rolling snowball as the season progresses.

panfan
09-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree, this group has the Intensity and Energy that reminds me of the the 2006ish era for LH. Like I said earlier, I have a feeling that these guys will be like water "rushing" (pun intended) from a broken dam this friday..... unstopable.

As talented and fast as Giddings looked, they could barely slow the LH offense down (and i mean just barely, 410 yards of offense is just the beginning), This young group has the potential to be a rolling snowball as the season progresses.

Let's use another analogy there factory, snowball and central/south texas heat... Well you get the picture. I recall the 2006 team, and these guys have a bit to go before they get to that level. Not saying this to be negative, just know to many of these guys and believe this to be their year of maturing into the caliber of team we all think they can be. You did say "remind" though so that leads me to believe you think they are on the verge as well. Energy, yes, they got it. Intensity, almost, but not quite. I do believe this young group will go further this year than most folks expect them too, which will lead to a truly deep run in the following couple of years.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I think it is time for a throw down - LH vs Burnet posters paintball - we shoot purple they shoot green. Whoever walks away with less paint and wounds, wins the 29 showdown till we play in October.
A throw down might lead to throwing up (by the Burnet peeps.) ;)

I'm going to whine for just a minute! It absolutely SUCKS bigtime not having a kid playing. There's no one to fill me in after practice, no one to wipe his sweaty face on mine after the game, etc. :weeping: :bigcry:

Okay, whine over! Anyone seen Boosty? :D

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Let's use another analogy there factory, snowball and central/south texas heat... Well you get the picture. I recall the 2006 team, and these guys have a bit to go before they get to that level. Not saying this to be negative, just know to many of these guys and believe this to be their year of maturing into the caliber of team we all think they can be. You did say "remind" though so that leads me to believe you think they are on the verge as well. Energy, yes, they got it. Intensity, almost, but not quite. I do believe this young group will go further this year t
han most folks expect them too, which will lead to a truly deep run in the following couple of years.

Yes remind, we have been having 300 yard games for a few years now, we hit 400 plus against a very fast defense that could run our backs down. Wait and see when we face a team with decent or average speed. I bet you a frito pie we are getting back to the 500+ yard games with 50 to 60+ points
Being scored..... Never said we are back to the champ level yet, but these kids are gonna put up some numbers....

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 06:56 AM

I'm going to whine for just a minute! It absolutely SUCKS bigtime not having a kid playing. There's no one to fill me in after practice, no one to wipe his sweaty face on mine after the game, etc. :weeping: :bigcry:

Well LHPM, with an 8th grader, 6th grader, (4th grader wont play, likes track n wrestling, broke my heart) , and 1st grader starting next year...... When my oldest hits highschool next year, I will keep you posted on whats going on, however, i dont think i can do much about the sweaty face part.... :).

My wife just joined the booster club and will be working merchandise tonight, so she will be around for years to relay the info to you as well.

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Yes remind, we have been having 300 yard games for a few years now, we hit 400 plus against a very fast defense that could run our backs down. Wait and see when we face a team with decent or average speed. I bet you a frito pie we are getting back to the 500+ yard games with 50 to 60+ points
Being scored..... Never said we are back to the champ level yet, but these kids are gonna put up some numbers....

In clarification of the above, Giddings D backs and backers were able to prevent the big break plays, however, a typical team wont be so successful at this. The 500+ games will come against the decent to average teams that cant keep up or slow it down like Giddings did (slowed it down by preventing big break away plays).

Hondo has a great program and will be ready to play, however LH should get over 500 yards tonight.

panfan
09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
In clarification of the above, Giddings D backs and backers were able to prevent the big break plays, however, a typical team wont be so successful at this. The 500+ games will come against the decent to average teams that cant keep up or slow it down like Giddings did (slowed it down by preventing big break away plays).

Hondo has a great program and will be ready to play, however LH should get over 500 yards tonight.

I like your confidence, but they are going to have to show me first. I saw some of what I was looking for in the middle quarters last week. They have to gel and mature as a team. We don't have any super studs that can make up for poor play by a few others. I think they are coming together , and by district, they will be firing on all cylinders, but it hasn't happened yet. It is a talented mix of kids with good depth. Looking for them to fine tune the mechanics already in place (timing, execution, blocks, minimize penalties).

Big kid from Sealy apparently got hurt last night in their televised game. Hope he is OK. Lets pray that we have an injury free game this evening for both teams. Hono peeps - drive safe.

Anyone for Meet and Greet at the north end of the field at the half??

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I like your confidence, but they are going to have to show me first. I saw some of what I was looking for in the middle quarters last week. They have to gel and mature as a team. We don't have any super studs that can make up for poor play by a few others. I think they are coming together , and by district, they will be firing on all cylinders, but it hasn't happened yet. It is a talented mix of kids with good depth. Looking for them to fine tune the mechanics already in place (timing, execution, blocks, minimize penalties).

Big kid from Sealy apparently got hurt last night in their televised game. Hope he is OK. Lets pray that we have an injury free game this evening for both teams. Hono peeps - drive safe.

North end sounds good to me, if i can remember..... usually forget...

Bassact
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
This could be a very quick game.. Looks like both team like to pound the ball. At least from last weeks Hondo stat sheet.. Although scouting report says they are about 50/50.. Humm I guess when you rush for 350+ no need to pass although the few times they did it they hit a big play.
If Hondo comes into LH and tries to pound the ball all night it'll be a long bus ride home..

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
479 20 354 7.38 125 31.25

Player Stats

Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Zane Carroll 4 10 40 125 1 0

Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att TD
A.J. Leos 16 165 10.31 1
Paul Duran 1 74 74 1
A.J. Garcia 13 61 4.69 0
Andre Garcia 4 31 7.75 0
Josh Tapia 4 14 3.5 0
Jacob Sanchez 2 7 3.5 0
Zane Carroll 8 2 0.25 1

Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch TD
Hunter Rone
1 69 69 0
Jacob Sanchez
1 29 29 0
Zach Brooks
1 22 22 1
Josh Tapia
1 5 5 0

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Cant wait for Kick off

panfan
09-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Cant wait for Kick off

me either, just hoping the team overall and my boy have a great game tonight to shake off last week.

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
look out Hondo, LH is gonna come at you, more than once and from more than one angle. LH in a big way tonight.

Cam
09-07-2012, 03:13 PM

...dangit!....I had no idea everybody was pickin' on everybody on this thread!.....I didn't want to interrupt the Hondo vs LH thing here...but oh well........BTW, I'm an expert marksman!...and, I never lose at anything!.....

Cam
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM

oh no you won't touch my scooter!....I've got to keep it clean for when I need it as a peace offerin' to our newly hired right tackle!......

Cam
09-07-2012, 03:26 PM

.....you're probly right!....I'll be throwin' up as soon as I see one of them purple paint balls splatter all over me!...purple always gets the ol' gag reflex goin'....:foul:

you'll be whinin' even more when you come to Bulldog Stadium!.....

Cam
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM
dangit!....must be bad karma....here I am talkin' bout pukin' (thanks you Panther Mom) and as soon as I walked into the mens restroom, someone was blowin' chunks!!!!....he must not like the color purple either!:D........my day has been ruined!.......oh the smell!.....that dude must have eatin' at Motherloads Pizza!........:ack!:

Los Owls
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Too much LH tonight...Great bunch of players for the Panthers...Owls have to regroup and go after it next week...Tough loss but,playing a good team hopefully can make the Owls better down the road...

sotex
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Too much LH tonight...Great bunch of players for the Panthers...Owls have to regroup and go after it next week...Tough loss but,playing a good team hopefully can make the Owls better down the road...

Yep, Owls got donkey stomped tonight. Hopefully it was a learning experience. And hopefully the fool that scheduled this game who quit and is now in Pearsall as an assistant coach will get what is coming to him!

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 11:20 PM

61 Points and around 550 yards, young team on the rise with out a doubt......I be knowin some stuff bout dat LH football.

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 11:24 PM

OH yeah, cant forget this post from earlier either....:clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Sorry...I didn't get a chance to see this or I would've been there!

LHPfactory
09-09-2012, 03:47 PM

I went but didnt see anyone.

panfan
09-09-2012, 04:53 PM

I went but didn't know who I was looking for since I have only met one person prior!