PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 1 GotW: Giddings(1-0) Vs. Wimberley(1-0)

Johnny Utah
09-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Will be there Friday night!! Never thought i would ever say this but Go Buffs!! Get after them Coach Jones!!

wimbo_pro
09-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Will be there Friday night!! Never thought i would ever say this but Go Buffs!! Get after them Coach Jones!!

Should be a great "measuring stick" for our Texans. LH fans says Giddings is for real, so I believe them...so this should tell us a lot about our chances for the year. Win it, Wimberley will take it as a great motivator and move towards a great year. Lose it, and Wimberley will take it as a great motivator to get back to last years form. So...in my view...win or lose, we will get better from this game (due to our coaching staff) and grow from it. Glad we scheduled them!

Johnny Utah
09-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Last time i was at a game in Wimberley i watched the game w Sealy!! Hope it is a great game!! Know some of the Texan coaches, they will be ready!!

1st and goal
09-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm gonna try to make it, I figure it'll be a good game.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Should be!

1st and goal
09-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Ok, I'll start it off, Buffs 31 Texans 24

wimbo_pro
09-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, I'll start it off, Buffs 31 Texans 24

Texans 31, Buffs 30

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 03:10 PM
This game deserves a real poll. One of the best games in the state IMO. Who ya got?

wimbo_pro
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
This game deserves a real poll. One of the best games in the state IMO. Who ya got?

Gonna be a tough one, I'm sure. I really don't know enough about Giddings to make a decent predicition, other than what the LH folks said...and I trust their opinion. But as you might expect, I am not going to predict a Texan loss. I do say we will have to really gel to pull this one out. I predict the Texans by 1 point, 31-30.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 03:56 PM
All I know, Giddings has 3 solid RB's they say, and are fast, faster, fastest. But, WT seen those types many times over the years. Should be a good game. Wish both well.

1st and goal
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Is Wimberley running a spread? Reason I ask is that if their #1 QB is still hurt, it might be a game changer. Rumor I heard was that he has a cracked rib, hope not but if so, those are very painful to play with. If the backup has to stick to a vanilla offense, it might be a good thing for Wimbo from a ball control standpoint.

Obviously, Giddings has quick strike capabilities as evidenced in the game against LH. But LH played Panther ball for the 2nd, 3rd, and most of the 4th quarter. LH capitolized on at least 3 Buff turnovers on special teams and at least 1 from scrimmage and the score quickly changed 21 points or more in their favor. I guess I'm trying to say that the ball bounced their way and they made the best of it, not necesarily them handing our @$$e$ to us. Costly mistakes almost cost us the game. But the miracle come back flipped the dip switch on the emotional roller coaster for both sides. From a knot in your gut to elation in minutes or vice versa for the other side. Heard that Coach V was quite upset too, (as I would have been also). Its only human and he is definitely passionate. I totally respect LH and think they'll be in the playoffs too.

I think the quick strike comeback in the LH game probably did more for the team's mindset for future games than almost anything else. Now, they know they can do it and hopefully expect it of themselves.

1st and goal
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Could a mod combine the 2 threads if possible?
Thanks!

Yoe_09
09-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Giddings(1-0)
W 32-29 over Liberty Hill

Vs.

Wimberley(1-0)
W 27-26 over Llano

Thoughts & Predictions?

lbjacj
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Is Wimberley running a spread? Reason I ask is that if their #1 QB is still hurt, it might be a game changer. Rumor I heard was that he has a cracked rib, hope not but if so, those are very painful to play with. If the backup has to stick to a vanilla offense, it might be a good thing for Wimbo from a ball control standpoint.

QB is OK! No broken bones!:clap:

FireGraig
09-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Should be one of the best games in the state this week.

1st and goal
09-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Anybody got a way to post any hudl links to last weeks games?

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Giddings by 14

lbjacj
09-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Giddings by 14

You may be right yet you rank Wimberley 7 spots ahead of Giddings?

1. La Marque
2. Stephenville
3. Navasota
4. Columbia
5. Carthage
6. Alvarado
7. West Orange Stark
8. El Campo
9. Bellville
10. Abilene Wylie
11. La Vega
12. Wimberley
13. Kennedale
14. Gilmer
15. Coldspring
16. China Spring
17. Kilgore
18. Melissa
19. Giddings
20. Lindale
21. Argyle
22. Palestine
23. Liberty Hill
24. Sweeny
25. Gonzales

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2012, 11:42 PM
You may be right yet you rank Wimberley 7 spots ahead of Giddings?

1. La Marque
2. Stephenville
3. Navasota
4. Columbia
5. Carthage
6. Alvarado
7. West Orange Stark
8. El Campo
9. Bellville
10. Abilene Wylie
11. La Vega
12. Wimberley
13. Kennedale
14. Gilmer
15. Coldspring
16. China Spring
17. Kilgore
18. Melissa
19. Giddings
20. Lindale
21. Argyle
22. Palestine
23. Liberty Hill
24. Sweeny
25. Gonzales didnt put much thought into it. Basically just copied someone elses and made a few changes.

Would it make you feel better if i switched the two?

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 07:23 AM
This should be a good game. Giddings has horses and Wimberley has deep win experience. Giddings will play to the wire and never give up, but the game is in Wimberley, tough to win against em in Hays county..... Wimberley should be much better than last week, also I have a feeling that they underestimaed Llano as they did Taylor last year, the Texans should come out looking much better and ready to play this week. If Giddings does not have a let off and Wimberley is focused, it will be a barn burner for sure.

Rattler
09-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Wimberley by 3

buff4ever
09-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I think that giddings is going to be very prepared come district after this pre-district schedule. This is going to be another great game I would expect. I think the buffs pull it out by 10 with a late score. I expect a little back and forth until then. My guess is that Llano opened Wimberley's eyes last week.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 09:10 AM
but the game is in Wimberley, tough to win against em in Hays county..... .

It's apparently tough to beat us in any county in the state with a record of 29-1 over the last two years! HA!

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
It's apparently tough to beat us in any county in the state with a record of 29-1 over the last two years! HA!

Yeah, but more so when your are at home.

Inmateboss
09-04-2012, 09:51 AM
After this week we will be a little confident in our picks!! But just because I like'em ... Wimberley by 10

buff4ever
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
After this week we will be a little confident in our picks!! But just because I like'em ... Wimberley by 10

ah, boss, can I only take from this you don't like us. jk

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 10:21 AM
The intangibles (the things that make football great and only appear when on the field) will be huge in this game.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but more so when your are at home.

Which is the case with all teams. I would suspect our home win/loss ratio is similar to most other teams over the years.

lbjacj
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
didnt put much thought into it. Basically just copied someone elses and made a few changes.

Would it make you feel better if i switched the two?

No thats ok. I think we should be ranked ahead of them until/unless they prove otherwise.:)

Snotbubbles
09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, the "L" has arrived. Nice run WT. Giddings toooooooooooooo fast overall, and Buff's RB depth takes it's toll late, in a 35-21 Giddings win.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
No thats ok. I think we should be ranked ahead of them until/unless they prove otherwise.:)

I'm just confused by the texans lately. they always seem to lay an egg even though we all know theyre a great team. I'm very interested in the outcome of this game. I chose giddings by 14 based solely on last week's performances.

Snotbubbles
09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm just confused by the texans lately. they always seem to lay an egg even though we all know theyre a great team. I'm very interested in the outcome of this game. I chose giddings by 14 based solely on last week's performances.

Saggy, Wimberley is not the Wimberley of last year. Don't get me wrong, they are good. But, when you lose players like they did last year, you just don't replace them easily with equal ability. Those I think were also solid leaders of the team. Lambert and that WR was amazing players, just to name a few. Did that WR go anywhere to play football? Reminded me of a Wes Welker type. Fearless and productive.

rb585
09-04-2012, 01:00 PM

I hate McLennan County.

Tejastrue
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, the "L" has arrived. Nice run WT. Giddings toooooooooooooo fast overall, and Buff's RB depth takes it's toll late, in a 35-21 Giddings win.

Why do I feel good about this post??? Cause your track record for predicting games really stinks. Lol...

Inmateboss
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
ah, boss, can I only take from this you don't like us. jk

No I like Giddings a lot I lived there for a while in 78-79 great people and food!! Y'all can prove me wrong!!!

LHdog
09-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Mark it down. Wimberley will defeat Giddings. The homer refs will see to it!

Tejastrue
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Yep..away games too now..like our American Express cards, we don't leave home without them...just ask the Llano folks.:doh:

Bassact
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Giddings had less than 50 yards rushing last week against LH. Texans stop the pass or at least limt the big plays they'll get the W.. But as LH found out that is easier said than done. Giddings receivers are very athletic, know where the softspots are at in the secondary and block like crazy for each other down field.
This will be a good one.. and will give LH a good idea where they stand overall..

catfish
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
I get so tired of the "homer" ref statements about Wimberley...The fact is that Wimberley has changed officials chapters several times in the last decade.They have gone from the Austin Chapter to San Antonio and back a couple of times.Wimberley coaches cannot request certain officials,they get different officials every week and they are assigned by the chapter.So,I guess those of you who say Wimberley gets special treatment at home,are accusing both chapters of cheating...Sheesh,what a bunch of crybabies

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM

Ha!!

Gone Fishing
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Lay an EGG ? The WT's are 30 and 1 in the last two seasons an a game... Where is the egg? Coldspring beat them in the semi finals for the only L. Don't quite get that.

Last week performance was against a pretty good Llano team and in the first half WT scored 3 TD's One 35 yd run by QB and one 20 yd TD pass by QB to Receiver and one by the running back, Kelly.. The QB did not come back out of locker room at half. "done" for the night as well as a major DL and OL player. WT scored only one TD at the end of game to win. Back up soph QB played whole second half. (does'nt even have a drivers lic. LOL) I don't think thats an egg.
First half Llano scored on a tipped screen pick 6 and a wide open TE in the middle of field for a long TD with a 2nd or 3rd string safety in game because of injuries. Don't really think that was an egg either... Just saying... And usually I think of "laying an egg" as losing the game. Its hard to find an egg in 30 and 1.

Gone Fishing
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Saggy, Wimberley is not the Wimberley of last year. Don't get me wrong, they are good. But, when you lose players like they did last year, you just don't replace them easily with equal ability. Those I think were also solid leaders of the team. Lambert and that WR was amazing players, just to name a few. Did that WR go anywhere to play football? Reminded me of a Wes Welker type. Fearless and productive.

WT's did lose a bunch of senior starters, but have many good players returning. Blakemore the rec. is at Blinn. And some of their best leaders last year were some" un sung hero's" not just the best players on the team. That is what makes Wimberley Football so special each year, "TEAM" Not too many go play in college, but we win over and over again.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Lay an EGG ? The WT's are 30 and 1 in the last two seasons an a game... Where is the egg? Coldspring beat them in the semi finals for the only L. Don't quite get that.

Last week performance was against a pretty good Llano team and in the first half WT scored 3 TD's One 35 yd run by QB and one 20 yd TD pass by QB to Receiver and one by the running back, Kelly.. The QB did not come back out of locker room at half. "done" for the night as well as a major DL and OL player. WT scored only one TD at the end of game to win. Back up soph QB played whole second half. (does'nt even have a drivers lic. LOL) I don't think thats an egg.
First half Llano scored on a tipped screen pick 6 and a wide open TE in the middle of field for a long TD with a 2nd or 3rd string safety in game because of injuries. Don't really think that was an egg either... Just saying... And usually I think of "laying an egg" as losing the game. Its hard to find an egg in 30 and 1.

The "egg" was letting a team like Llano push you to the wire, similar to last year's "egg"... the Taylor game...

Just not exactly doing what you're supposed to do to inferior teams. Hell, Llano could've had a miracle and they might be decent for once, but im not betting on it.

rb585
09-04-2012, 06:38 PM

We'd better win! Do you have any idea how much a good homer ref charges these days?

We're already talking about having to float a new bond issue for next season when we'll need a full homer ref crew, a homer chain gain, homer ballboys, and a homer clock operator to beat Liberty Hill. That's going to cost a fortune!

rb585
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
The "egg" was letting a team like Llano push you to the wire, similar to last year's "egg"... the Taylor game...

Hey, Taylor was the best 3-7 team in the history of football. I'm not kidding.

solocam
09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Texans by 10

Sportshack
09-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I would think the Texans are a little down from last year at this time of year. Too many youngsters replacing veterans and frankly not of same ilk. However, that does not mean they cannot improve and come together. GF has a major point in that WHS scored 21 in first half and then had to play 2nd half with backup QB...how many teams can be as effective in 3A with their backup QB forced into action. Sooooo....if Texans' QB comes back and they score another 3 TD's would folks consider there to be a problem. So like in all high school games there are a lot of variables.

Now...it does not bode well that Giddings can throw the ball around cuz frankly the Texans do not seem to be strong in the secondary. Hard too know how good Giddings really is at this point. I think that the Texans are gonna need to score!!!! Also hard to know about LH at this point so we will see what we see. However, Texans are vulnerable with a target on their back. Better buckle down!

1st and goal
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
We'd better win! Do you have any idea how much a good homer ref charges these days?

We're already talking about having to float a new bond issue for next season when we'll need a full homer ref crew, a homer chain gain, homer ballboys, and a homer clock operator to beat Liberty Hill. That's going to cost a fortune!

Yea, the rumor was that even after the Sealy peeps passed the hat TWICE, you guys still had them out gunned by a few thousand for the ref payola...jk:stirpot::1popcorn:

rb585, you are one funny dude!

1st and goal
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
The skinny is that both of these teams are fortunate to be here at 1-0. They are both (as expected) a bit green and this week will test each team's fortitude and stamina. I pray that no kids get hurt badly and that the refs call as fair a game as possible.

I think Giddings has the talent to win, and after last week's comeback, the knowledge that if they want the win, they'll have to play 4 quarters of football.

It will be a great self measuring stick, regardless of the outcome. The crazy part is how looking towards the rest of the season, how the pundits will think of the loser. Whichever team loses, will lose respect statewide. But does it really matter? No. Not to either team. I've seen plenty of teams endure a loss and still end up going deep in the playoffs.

catfish
09-04-2012, 08:15 PM
The skinny is that both of these teams are fortunate to be here at 1-0. They are both (as expected) a bit green and this week will test each team's fortitude and stamina. I pray that no kids get hurt badly and that the refs call as fair a game as possible.

I think Giddings has the talent to win, and after last week's comeback, the knowledge that if they want the win, they'll have to play 4 quarters of football.

It will be a great self measuring stick, regardless of the outcome. The crazy part is how looking towards the rest of the season, how the pundits will think of the loser. Whichever team loses, will lose respect statewide. But does it really matter? No. Not to either team. I've seen plenty of teams endure a loss and still end up going deep in the playoffs.

Actually,it doesn't matter who wins or loses.I guess it gives the fans something to talk or brag about,and you definitely want to try and win all your games.But no game counts for or against you until you get to district and the then the playoffs.In the pre district games,you just try to improve and avoid injury...I remember one year Wimberley was 1 and 4 going into district play,ended the regular season 6 ad 4,and played 3 rounds into the playoffs.....I am sure this will be a great game,but hope the Texans avoid injury and get better.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Just not exactly doing what you're supposed to do to inferior teams. Hell, Llano could've had a miracle and they might be decent for once, but im not betting on it.

Blah blah blah (no offense, Saggy, but that deserves a blah blah blah). We have heard it for years...we heard it in 05, we heard it in 11, and we are hearing it now. Teams are up and down in the season...we are young, the season is young...and dont forget Giddings barely squeaked by LH, who is still an unkown this year as well. We might get smoked this week (doubt it), and we might blow Giddings out (highly doubt it), but the fact remains...don't doubt us when we are telling you we played a team far better than what the pundits thought (Llano)...and that includes Taylor of last year. Say what you want (and this is strictly my opinion) ...but the BEST TEAM we played all year in the play offs of '11 was TAYLOR (game-to-game comparison). Yes...a supporter of the State Champ team is telling you a 3-7 team played us harder than Argyle (no offense intended, Argyle fans...but the match-up almost killed us, with all things considered, taken in totality). And I am telling you (in my opinion), that our performance last week against Llano was good enough for me to say at this early point in the season "we are fine". Win it all? No idea...but we are FINE for now.

ogg
09-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Blah blah blah (no offense, Saggy, but that deserves a blah blah blah). We have heard it for years...we heard it in 05, we heard it in 11, and we are hearing it now. Teams are up and down in the season...we are young, the season is young...and dont forget Giddings barely squeaked by LH, who is still an unkown this year as well. We might get smoked this week (doubt it), and we might blow Giddings out (highly doubt it), but the fact remains...don't doubt us when we are telling you we played a team far better than what the pundits thought (Llano)...and that includes Taylor of last year. Say what you want (and this is strictly my opinion) ...but the BEST TEAM we played all year in the play offs of '11 was TAYLOR (game-to-game comparison). Yes...a supporter of the State Champ team is telling you a 3-7 team played us harder than Argyle (no offense intended, Argyle fans...but the match-up almost killed us, with all things considered, taken in totality). And I am telling you (in my opinion), that our performance last week against Llano was good enough for me to say at this early point in the season "we are fine". Win it all? No idea...but we are FINE for now.

Agree Wimbo,

(1) Taylor came to play and played 4 quarters plus! (2) Wimberley had some key players out with injury.

Buff42
09-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Being 100% honest, I worry about the Buffs' conditioning. The cramp monster killed us last week.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Being 100% honest, I worry about the Buffs' conditioning. The cramp monster killed us last week.

Same with most teams at this point, I would suspect.

buff4ever
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Same with most teams at this point, I would suspect.

Yeah, I agree, and especially when we have so many going boh ways. I also assume that cutting 2 a days this year didn't help with getting into playing condition this early either. I am guessing now, but cutting into practice time and learning our new offense and wanting to have timing down on our pass plays cut into conditioning. I wasn't on this board much when ncaa and uil cut back and created new practice rules for summer workouts, but I wonder if they took into consideration that they may be hurting the kids almost as much as they are helping them. It would be interesting to know how many less heat exhaustion cases were reported this year.

LHPfactory
09-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Hey, Taylor was the best 3-7 team in the history of football. I'm not kidding.

Taylor did catch a stride/snap in the second half of district play, no one thought they would make the play offs, but played lampasas (the D champ) to the wire right before the play offs.

1st and goal
09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Austin Fox channel 7 weatherman is predicting temps of up to 104 in the area Friday...OUCH!

Bassact
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Start getting the fluids going now.. Cramps really put Giddings in a bind last week.. Just not enough of one - showed a lot of heart from the players working through it.
exited to see hopw this game goes. LH Giddings was a great HS football game and both teams seemed to get be good for this early in the season.. Now we'll get to see if they just looked good against each other or if both teams are for real this early in the season..

1st and goal
09-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I hope Giddings does more subbing to try and keep players fresh. I hope they also remember to bring the "Porta Cool" or whatever its called. We are plenty deep at the speed positions, we need to get our alternate linemen skilled up fast.

garciap77
09-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Wimberley Texans by 14!

wimbo_pro
09-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Wimberley Texans by 14!

SHUT UP GARC......wait a minute....

GO GARCIA!!!!!

Tejastrue
09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Taylor did catch a stride/snap in the second half of district play, no one thought they would make the play offs, but played lampasas (the D champ) to the wire right before the play offs.

Not to mention they scored 50 points in that one. It appears their offense was starting to click.

buff4ever
09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Not to mention they scored 50 points in that one. It appears their offense was starting to click.

Giddings is no Taylor....I don't know what that means one way or another, but I think you better be ready for the buffs, we coming after that target you say you have on your back.

What happened last time we played you guys as the defending state champs, oh yeah I remember, we won, but then again that was at our stadium without your home cooking. uh oh, we better watch it.

:)

Tejastrue
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Not sure what I said had anything to do with playing you guys. Certainly wasn't comparing. You are right though about not being Taylor..that team we played last year would have taken you guys to the wood shed in 2011 and I don't believe you guys will put 31 on us Friday night..double OT or not. Yes..you beat us in 06 but we fared pretty well that season if I recall. Can't win them all but we got 2 SC's now in the last 6 years. What you got? :wave:

buff4ever
09-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure what I said had anything to do with playing you guys. Certainly wasn't comparing. You are right though about not being Taylor..that team we played last year would have taken you guys to the wood shed in 2011 and I don't believe you guys will put 31 on us Friday night..double OT or not. Yes..you beat us in 06 but we fared pretty well that season if I recall. Can't win them all but we got 2 SC's now in the last 6 years. What you got? :wave:

Now we are on topic.

1st and goal
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM

We got 2 wins over you guys the last 2 times we played. The one on your turf was a true wood shed beating. Ain't saying that's whats going down this Friday, but I still think we can hang with you guys. Going with my Buffs for the win.

ogg
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Taylor by far was the hardest, toughest team we played last year.

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Texans by 3!!!

Tejastrue
09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
We got 2 wins over you guys the last 2 times we played. The one on your turf was a true wood shed beating. Ain't saying that's whats going down this Friday, but I still think we can hang with you guys. Going with my Buffs for the win.

I wouldn't expect you to feel any other way and it's okay to say that about the wood shed. Just might do it..heck, Llano hung with us..so that should be expected from a Giddings team. This however does feel very much like after that Taylor game last year. I know..you ain't no Gonzales but am hoping for the same results.

Gone Fishing
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't know if Giddings is a Gonzales, but Gonzales was a 11 an 0 team going into that game and very good and yes they ran into a Texan buzz saw for sure. Hoping for a repeat of that for sure.

garciap77
09-05-2012, 07:53 PM
SHUT UP GARC......wait a minute....

GO GARCIA!!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg;)

1st and goal
09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Anybody up for a meet and greet? I'm about 80% sure I'll make it to the game. I gotta drive from College Station and its gonna be a crazy day or 3 in CS due to ESPN gameday and everybody being there..

Gone Fishing
09-06-2012, 06:47 AM

Law of averages says we win then...Lol

Gone Fishing
09-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Taylor by far was the hardest, toughest team we played last year.

Ive said the same a hundred times, still can't believe they fired or got rid of their coach.

1st and goal
09-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Wimbo fans are conspicuously quiet....:thinking::thinking::vrycnfsd::wave:

jett
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I look for Giddings to win this pretty soundly. I'll take them by two scores.

Inmateboss
09-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Still say wimberley by 10!!! Giddings is good but wimberley will pull this one out!!!

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I voted Giddings early in the week... but I have changed my mind. Tex by 6

buff4ever
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I voted Giddings early in the week... but I have changed my mind. Tex by 6

You will regret that ville-d, you will regret that.

Never second guess.

Still stay buffs by 10 with late score to put away the texans, will be a great game to watch down to the end. I love playing solid teams in pre-district, keeps is so much more interesting.

rb585
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Wimbo fans are conspicuously quiet....:thinking::thinking::vrycnfsd::wave:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!

BOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBO WBOW!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBLERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBLEE ERABBBBBBBBBBBBLE!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is that better?

1st and goal
09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!

BOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBOWBO WBOW!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBLERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBLEE ERABBBBBBBBBBBBLE!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is that better?

I don't wanna sit by you...:)

Manso/V8
09-06-2012, 05:23 PM
this pales in comparison to the Wimberley @ Sealy thread last year. yall need to start saying something about the other fella's momma or something.

garciap77
09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

buff4ever
09-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Buff freshmen won 30 something to 6, and buff jv lost 12 - 0 unless someone scored late.

regaleagle
09-07-2012, 12:13 AM
I reckon those Buffs have a little more giddy-up this year than last, huh? Well, they better be ready to unleash it, cuz opening week is a thing of the past. New ballgame/new season this week on the docket for alot of teams. This game should live up to its billing. Probably will be decided late in the 4th. There can be only one.....winner.

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't exactly know what giddy - up was lacked last year, we ran into a really good bellville team and lost in a good game.

Moving on, little Jones is looking good as Freshman qb, they are putting up some points in the first two games against LH and Wimberley. Our JV is playing close games with both teams, but hadn't grabbed a w quite yet. Looking forward to tonite, should be a lot of fun to watch.

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Buff freshmen won 30 something to 6, and buff jv lost 12 - 0 unless someone scored late.

I believe we have close to 50 players on the JV. Love a shutout anytime and I'll take 2 out of 3 any day. :wave:

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I believe we have close to 50 players on the JV. Love a shutout anytime and I'll take 2 out of 3 any day. :wave:

That 2 out of 3 could go either way you know....

Better get the liquids in those kids.

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
This is the quietest I have seen the wimberley posters in 2 years, they must really be wondering what's coming to town tonight.

hollywood
09-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Is Wimberley's QB back this week?

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I expect he will be, but haven't heard that for sure. They said nothing was broke, that was good news. Good luck getting the Texan posters to post, they are confused, or waiting to serve us crow after the game.

TexDad
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Not sure if QB is back or not, but I was a betting man I would say yes. He is a tough kid. In my opinion, if we don't get pressure on the Giddings QB, it might be a long night for the Texans. After seeing last weeks game, we are going to have to play a whole lot better just to keep it close. Hope it's an injury free game.

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
This is the quietest I have seen the wimberley posters in 2 years, they must really be wondering what's coming to town tonight.

The quiet before the storm?

hollywood
09-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Buffs by 14+

Good luck to both.

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
That 2 out of 3 could go either way you know....

Better get the liquids in those kids.

Lol...Advantage one early?? Visitor's sideline is in direct sun for that first quarter. Talk about hot. For the Giddings fans..bring sunglasses, hand fans and something to lay on the bleachers before attempting to sit. I don't think we have signs posted warning about that and we don't need a lawsuit. LOL..

Manso/V8
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Buff fans, tell me how the 2012 team compares to the 2011 team. Better or worse OL, running game, passing game?
What about the defense? The only thing I know is what Giddings was like in round 1.

gtownfan
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Not going to be able to make the game. Wondering if this game being broadcast on the radio or internet?

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Buff fans, tell me how the 2012 team compares to the 2011 team. Better or worse OL, running game, passing game?
What about the defense? The only thing I know is what Giddings was like in round 1.

We'll know more ourselves after tonight's game. We do have speed and backup speed at the key positions.

Gone Fishing
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Not sure if QB is back or not, but I was a betting man I would say yes. He is a tough kid. In my opinion, if we don't get pressure on the Giddings QB, it might be a long night for the Texans. After seeing last weeks game, we are going to have to play a whole lot better just to keep it close. Hope it's an injury free game.

QB is playing for sure. Don't know how much safety he is going to play though.

Gone Fishing
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Not going to be able to make the game. Wondering if this game being broadcast on the radio or internet?

Wimberley radio . Com

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
GF..you have been rather quiet. Any thoughts on the game?

Gone Fishing
09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
GF..you have been rather quiet. Any thoughts on the game?

Been away from home computer a lot this week been reading on my phone but I like a key board more than these stupid buttons. I also don't like the way the voting up top went. I tried to battle the reasons on why Llano played us close on my earlier threads but most didn't buy into the reasons. So gone fishing went with the ol quite bait. Lol.
I do know changes were made this week in some areas that will be good.
I really think Wimberley is going to play great on both sides tonight and shut some doubters up. Oh and win the game too!

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I am surprised too about the voting poll (which means nuthin). I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I am curious about this game also, I believe Wimberley will be tough to beat tonight, but if Giddings is hot and pick up where they left off last friday, they have the horses to win..... Intangibles (who gets the momentum and is the most determined) will be the difference between these two great programs.

ogg
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
QB is playing for sure. Don't know how much safety he is going to play though.

Kyle Terreo playing this week?

wimbo_pro
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM

Thats probably for at least 3 reasons:
1) Been kinda busy, but definitely excited about the game
2) We are still trying to judge our many "new" starters, trying to gauge if they can fill some pretty big voids
3) We are State Champs...we already Talked the Talk, then we Walked the Walk...no need for blustery predictions in Game 2 of the season. We Are The Champions, and we wear it with a little dignity and class!

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Thats probably for at least 3 reasons:
1) Been kinda busy, but definitely excited about the game
2) We are still trying to judge our many "new" starters, trying to gauge if they can fill some pretty big voids
3) We are State Champs...we already Talked the Talk, then we Walked the Walk...no need for blustery predictions in Game 2 of the season. We Are The Champions, and we wear it with a little dignity and class!

Nice. See you guys there. I just love this drive from Giddings to Wimberley. Giddings has good ways of getting just about anywhere, but Wimberley is one that I can't say we have covered. But who does, you guys are kinda in no mans land.

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Goodluck tonight to the Giddings' team and folks, especially the 3ADL people. Safe travels and hope you enjoy the visit..but not too much. Lol.. Go Texans!

lbjacj
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Nice. See you guys there. I just love this drive from Giddings to Wimberley. Giddings has good ways of getting just about anywhere, but Wimberley is one that I can't say we have covered. But who does, you guys are kinda in no mans land.

Better leave a little early! Traffic on Fridays can be a bear! Turn on Green Acres road by Miss Maes BBQ and park at Scudder Elementary school. There's a parking lot right behind the visitors stands!

wimbo_pro
09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Better leave a little early! Traffic on Fridays can be a bear! Turn on Green Acres road by Miss Maes BBQ and park at Scudder Elementary school. There's a parking lot right behind the visitors stands!

Would they still have to walk around to the main entrance?

lbjacj
09-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Would they still have to walk around to the main entrance?

No. I've been parking there for years! Easy in easy out!

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
score?

Tejastrue
09-07-2012, 10:42 PM
31-26 Giddings. Congrats to the Buffaloes. Great game. Momentum went back and forth. Both teams left everything on the field. Best of luck the rest of the season!

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 10:53 PM
:clap:Wow, what a great win for the Buffs. Looks like there is a new sheriff in town.

Buff42
09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
31-26 Giddings. Congrats to the Buffaloes. Great game. Momentum went back and forth. Both teams left everything on the field. Best of luck the rest of the season!
Classy post. Just like everything else about Wimberly's program. Good luck the rest of the season.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Congrats Giddings. Big win and sounded like a great game.

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Congrats Giddings. Big win and sounded like a great game.

:ditto: Congrats Buffs.

lbjacj
09-07-2012, 11:13 PM
What a great game! Both teams went toe to toe and the Buffs hang on for the win! Texans have nothing to be ashamed of. They gave it their all! Congrats Buffaloes! Great sportsmanship on the field and after the game when both teams prayed together at midfield!

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Good game Buffs, looks like you are on track for a great season. The slap in the face you gave LH last week wasnt in vain, The Panthers looking much improved tonight, O and D.... Hope we both keep rollin.

wimbo_pro
09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
I didn't get to go to the game (my brother-in-law chose TODAY to have his stupid birthday), and it was killing me (the family thing kinda trumped my football fever). But...the news eventually dribbled in that the Buffs hung on to win. Damn it!!! Congrats to the Buffs, sounds like you guys are back in the hunt. I believe we are as well (as LH does as well, I am sure), but we have work to do. I will learn the details later, and see the game film on Monday. That gives me plenty of time to come up with excuses. (Ha!). In the meantime...we tip our hat to you, we give our boys 48 hours to get over it...we come back smokin' hot next week. Till we meet again, Congrats!!!!

zebrablue2
09-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Congrats to the Buffs on a hard fought victory. Hang in there Texans, it is a long season....

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Congrats to the Buffs on a hard fought victory. Hang in there Texans, it is a long season....

Thanks Zebra...we are good. Many of us are not the least bit surprised that we will not be undefeated this year...the real goal is the play offs. We have so much to overcome, there is actually a lot of good to take away from this game. But lets face it...Giddings is better than we are at this time in early September. I am OK with that.

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Great game. Everything left on the field. Buffs capitolized early and Wimberley's depth and talent reeled the Buffs back in, in the 3rd. Buffs D holds Wimberley on 2 crucial drives in the 4th that saved the game for the Buffs.

Great hosts you guys are. Concessions were awesome. I think your burgers are better than even Burnet's. Just don't tell Cam I said so. It was crowded and the teams gave everyone their moneys worth and then some.

Good luck to your team in District. Should be yours for the taking. You got some Hosses.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Great game. Everything left on the field. Buffs capitolized early and Wimberley's depth and talent reeled the Buffs back in, in the 3rd. Buffs D holds Wimberley on 2 crucial drives in the 4th that saved the game for the Buffs.

Great hosts you guys are. Concessions were awesome. I think your burgers are better than even Burnet's. Just don't tell Cam I said so. It was crowded and the teams gave everyone their moneys worth and then some.

Good luck to your team in District. Should be yours for the taking. You got some Hosses.

Thanks for the take, 1st and Goal. I was worried about a blow out for a while early, but glad to see the Texans fought back. It sounds like if the Texans didnt have a few untimely errors, the game would have been even closer (if you read the other posts, you would know I didnt see the game live). Sounds like Giddings has roared back to the "real contenders" list. Congrats!

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
a couple of penalties and 2 turnovers and the score would've been the other way around.

Each team's young men learned a lot from this game.

Your brother in law owes you a south Texas bird hunting trip all expenses paid plus shells and beer. You missed that good of a game.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
a couple of penalties and 2 turnovers and the score would've been the other way around.

Each team's young men learned a lot from this game.

Your brother in law owes you a south Texas bird hunting trip all expenses paid plus shells and beer. You missed that good of a game.

Damn it. You're not helping....CRAP!!!!!!

buff4ever
09-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Phew, good to be home, better to be home with the win after that one. We have seen two very good football teams and very good football games. It is easy for us to say good games when we pulled them both out, but they were awesome games. Wimberley had some very impressive backs and linemen got after it. I saw llano won pretty big as well and lh made hondo look horrible. Wow is what I have left to say, now we have to go to bellville and try and get some pay back for last year.

I have surely said it, but our schedule is something else.

Wimberley is beautiful country, and you have a pretty tough darn football team as well. I had 2 cheese burgers by the way, thumbs up.

Snotbubbles
09-08-2012, 06:31 AM
All good things come to an end. Feeling it myself.

Gone Fishing
09-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Great game, especially the second half. I am very impressed with the speed of the Giddings team. Very fast. We have not seen speed like that since Coldspring in the semi finals last year. I will be a Giddings fan the rest of the year, unless we meet again. LOL. Its funny how I do that each year after a win or a loss during the non- district games and just really like the way some teams play the game on and off the field and adopt them as a step team to follow. I already have two after two games this year. Llano and Giddings!! I also would like to say I really like your coach (s) and believe me Buff fans when you get a good one don't let them go. Our boys always have a prayer over by the band after the game and to see that at mid field after the game also was awesome. Good luck to ya'll all year. The only problem I see for both of these teams is depth. Too many players having to go both ways. For two years Wimberley had almost no one going both ways and that made the difference for the road to state.. IMO.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
WT still a force IMO, and I see them getting all systems set and will be very successful again this year. Go get'm GF and friends at WT. Might be a "come together" moment loss.

texanpride1250
09-08-2012, 08:51 AM
That was one heckuva game. Just too bad Wimberley came up on the short end. Nothing to be ashamed of, Giddings is talented. Statesman reported that Glenn only had 112 yds. That is hard to believe, it seemed like it was more. He is tough to bring down. There were many times it looked our boys had him corralled in the backfield to no avail. Same with the QB, good escapability. Hopefully that is more of a statement of the abilities of the Giddings boys and not our inability to tackle. Time will tell. The biggest killers for us were mistakes(penalties, turnovers) and the overall speed of Giddings. They fly to the ball and can close gaps quickly. I am anxious to see how far y'all can go with this squad. There is some room for improvement no doubt, but there is some talent in Giddings. One of the highlights for me was watching Giddings LB #35 and Alden Mann battle all night. They took it to the whistle on pretty much every play. Our backs played well and the O-Line actually looked it was working as a unit in the second half at times. So there is definitely some positives to take away from this game. Learn from it, get better and move on. We are a young team that is no doubt making some mistakes which kept Llano in the game and ultimately cost us this one. They will get better and we will be just fine.

And to all of those who spoke of our home town referees, last night should stop all of that talk. Can you honestly tell me that Giddings did not hold on a single offensive play last night? The officials seemed to think so. Plus we had several big plays nullified by penalties(our fault, not the officials). I think of the ref's have read some of the comments on here and wanted to make sure nobody could accuse them of playing fav's to Wimberley.(tongue planted firmly in cheek)!

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 09:02 AM
That was one heckuva game. Just too bad Wimberley came up on the short end. Nothing to be ashamed of, Giddings is talented. Statesman reported that Glenn only had 112 yds. That is hard to believe, it seemed like it was more. He is tough to bring down. There were many times it looked our boys had him corralled in the backfield to no avail. Same with the QB, good escapability. Hopefully that is more of a statement of the abilities of the Giddings boys and not our inability to tackle. Time will tell. The biggest killers for us were mistakes(penalties, turnovers) and the overall speed of Giddings. They fly to the ball and can close gaps quickly. I am anxious to see how far y'all can go with this squad. There is some room for improvement no doubt, but there is some talent in Giddings. One of the highlights for me was watching Giddings LB #35 and Alden Mann battle all night. They took it to the whistle on pretty much every play. Our backs played well and the O-Line actually looked it was working as a unit in the second half at times. So there is definitely some positives to take away from this game. Learn from it, get better and move on. We are a young team that is no doubt making some mistakes which kept Llano in the game and ultimately cost us this one. They will get better and we will be just fine.

And to all of those who spoke of our home town referees, last night should stop all of that talk. Can you honestly tell me that Giddings did not hold on a single offensive play last night? The officials seemed to think so. Plus we had several big plays nullified by penalties(our fault, not the officials). I think of the ref's have read some of the comments on here and wanted to make sure nobody could accuse them of playing fav's to Wimberley.(tongue planted firmly in cheek)!

Welcome to the board! We can never have too many texan posters.

Here'e a link to my Qwixcore of the game...

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/tztSrGuzQEy1QqF_i2j6kA/football-fall-12/boxscore-giddings-giddings-vs-wimberley-wimberley.htm

And a story from the AAS...

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/high-school-football-roundup-2453282.html?page=3
Giddings 31, Wimberley 26: Adam Dock passed for two touchdowns, and Joseph Glenn ground out 112 yards on 21 carries as Giddings spoiled the home opener of the defending Class 3A, Division II state champs.

Josh Mack rambled 34 yards for a Giddings touchdown in the first quarter, helping the Buffaloes (2-0) to overcome a 376-301 deficit in total yardage. Critical to the win was Greg Haywood's interception and 78-yard TD return in the third quarter that thwarted a potential go-ahead drive by Wimberley (1-1).

The Texans showed a powerful rushing attack, led by Cameron Morris (13 carries, 109 yards) and Kolby Kelley (92 yards and two TDs on 15 carries). Wimberley's Reed Jones passed for 141 yards, including a 7-yard TD strike to Morris.

And another....
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/dRcbxtepM0-k95FRIVk9gw/game-recap--giddings-stays-just-out-of-reach-in-victory-over-wimberley.htm

Gone Fishing
09-08-2012, 09:04 AM
WT still a force IMO, and I see them getting all systems set and will be very successful again this year. Go get'm GF and friends at WT. Might be a "come together" moment loss.

True that YT. I kinda figured we would lose a game or even two before district as young as some players are and the QB now has a total of 4 quarters under his belt as a varsity QB. I hope and think this loss (a close one and hard fought loss) can be a big building stone for athis young team. We lost one of our best senior defensive players in the first quarter last night and he will miss at least all next week and probly several, so now two of our best defensive senior players are out. Good news is they will be ready for district time, but good experience for the young soph replacements.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 09:40 AM
True that YT. I kinda figured we would lose a game or even two before district as young as some players are and the QB now has a total of 4 quarters under his belt as a varsity QB. I hope and think this loss (a close one and hard fought loss) can be a big building stone for athis young team. We lost one of our best senior defensive players in the first quarter last night and he will miss at least all next week and probly several, so now two of our best defensive senior players are out. Good news is they will be ready for district time, but good experience for the young soph replacements.

Who got hurt?

texanpride1250
09-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Kothman. Got hit pretty hard going up to catch a pass. I have no details but they took him for x-rays as a precaution.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 09:45 AM

Welcome to the board, TexanPride. Sounds like to me we were able to hang with a team that is big, faster and full of talent, which tells me we will be just fine. Giddings has flirted with "elite status" before....looks like they maybe there again now. I will keep up with them the rest of the year...they could be a serious threat deep in the play offs.

By the way, I absolutely beleive the Wimberley Texans will also be a threat deep in the play offs this year as well...and we ARE an "Elite Status" Team...and you're gonna have to pry that State Championship trophy from our cold, dead hands before we lie down and give up!!!

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Some video highlights...

http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/Sonic-Blast-Giddings-vs-Wimberley-168935276.html

Gone Fishing
09-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Who got hurt?

Kothman. Got hit pretty hard going up to catch a pass. I have no details but they took him for x-rays as a precaution.

Kothman, got hurt in first quarter, He cant' do any thing for a week is what I heard. Looks like he and Terreo might be back same time. We miss Terreo for sure.

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I sat just behind a couple of nice young men scouting for Bellville. We gave 'em a hard time for not standing during the school song at the start of the game. jk. But on the way out, 1 of them showed me he was holding up his finger for our post game school song performance. (Maybe a new converted fan?) I wished them luck, just not for next week. :)

They said they came away impressed but they might have been just being cordial. This after we were hearing the news of Kincaids win over Bellville.

snaxet
09-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Cangrats to Giddings for another tough win. This game proved to be a real barn burner after a slow start for the Texans. First mistake came early in first quarter when we had driven down to Giddings 20 yard line but interception killed the drive and next play Giddings scores on big play. We go three and out and Giddings strikes again with a reverse. Texans score then miss the extra point on bad snap. That one hurt big time. Giddings goes up 21 to 6 and it looks like the Texans are going to be blown out. We could not adjust to the speed, and there was a concern that this could get really ugly. Giddings began to tire just before half and we were able to take it in to close it to 21-12. To be down only 21-12 as bad as we had played gave hope that we could mount a comeback. Our defense played lights out in second half and held Giddings to just 3 points. We were in a position in third quarter to take the lead with score at 21-19 but interception and return for TD really put us in a hole. That interception also gave new energy to Giddings and you could see that it really picked them up. Nevertheless, Texans came back scored again and had a good drive to the Giddings 25 but could not get the first down to keep it going. While you hate to lose, you have to look at the positives - another week where the Texans could have given up but fought back and came close to pulling itout; rushing game looked outstanding and the line is beginning to come together; speed adjustment finally came late in second quarter and it showed in second half as we pretty much shut Giddings down. To hold them to 3 points when they were inside 10 was huge and gave us the chance for the win. There is plenty to work on. If we get the passing game going and can cut the interceptions (we now have 5 or 6 n two games and 2 were pick 6's), we will be fine. We are young on the offensive side of the ball and will get better each week. Coach Nelms likes to play a team from Region three each year so that we can see and learn to adjust to the speed. Last two years it was Sealy, this year and next it is Giddings. Giddings has plenty of speed and it took us a while to figure out the angles. But this game will go a long way toward getting us ready for District and post District play. Good luck to Giddings you have a great group of players and an outstanding and caring coaching staff. To see them on the Wimberley side talking to our players and parents with encouraging and complimentary words says a lot about the character of your team. We will be cheering for you each week. To the Texans, I am impressed with the toughness to fight through adversity and not give up. You are team in the making and you have the potential to be pretty darn good.

Tejastrue
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Nm....

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 11:37 AM
By the way...remember when Giddings had the reputation as a team that you can be sure a fight will break out with? Well...everyone tells me that they were nothing but good sports and showed a lot of class. I just watched the game video...you got a bunch of good kids there, Giddings! I am glad to see this. I have a lot more respect for Giddings than before...much more than when they beat us in '06. I hope we get the chance to meet them again this year...in the State Semi's!!!

P.S. , it goes without saying how much class the Texans showed...they always do!

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 11:53 AM
By the way...remember when Giddings had the reputation as a team that you can be sure a fight will break out with? Well...everyone tells me that they were nothing but good sports and showed a lot of class. I just watched the game video...you got a bunch of good kids there, Giddings! I am glad to see this. I have a lot more respect for Giddings than before...much more than when they beat us in '06. I hope we get the chance to meet them again this year...in the State Semi's!!!

P.S. , it goes without saying how much class the Texans showed...they always do!

I just watched that video too and if you look at the 9:15 mark the officials missed the backward pass that we recovered! They called it incomplete when our coaches and the fans along the fence knew it was a lateral. That would have been huge for the Texans in the 4th qtr! Also it shows the 72 yd TD pass to Lambert that was nullified by an illegal shift call. A few calls/breaks here and there and we are celebrating instead of what iffing! (Is that a word?)

The video was posted by Gray Moore on the Wimberley Texans Facebook page.

Game photos here...

http://texansports.shutterfly.com/25886

snaxet
09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Wimbo sorry you did not make the game. Evidently your exit plan did not work, but I am sure you enjoyed the time with family and friends. Glad to see that you were able to see the video.

Tejastrue
09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Went to the Texan page but am not seeing the video.:crying:

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Went to the Texan page but am not seeing the video.:crying:

First story on their timeline!

https://www.facebook.com/wimberley.texans

Wow? When I go to the link above it's not there but it's on my FB page?

Try Gray Moores FB page it shows up there for me!

ogg
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Left the game feeling better about Wimberley than I had been, esp. after last weeks close win in Llano. I still believe week over week the Texans will improve and be very competitive by the end of district play, , , , for sure any region 4 team. The oline played better giving Reid more time in the pocket, center snaps improved (not including extra pts), running game A+, D played very good overall considering the speed and moves Giddings had. Turnovers were forgivable IMO. Band was great and the Wimberley fans were electric.

Anyone know anything about our injured players?

Congrats to Giddings on their win.

fourbeee
09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Watched Dripping Springs play Boerne Champion in close game last nite. Wimberley will have a tough time with them. They are a very balanced team with good quickness on both sides of the ball.

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Watched Dripping Springs play Boerne Champion in close game last nite. Wimberley will have a tough time with them. They are a very balanced team with good quickness on both sides of the ball.

Yes and coming off a loss and what we did to them at their place last year they will be tough! Of course the "Battle of RR 12" is always tough!

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Wimbo sorry you did not make the game. Evidently your exit plan did not work, but I am sure you enjoyed the time with family and friends. Glad to see that you were able to see the video.

Yeah...the exit plan...I got busted tryingto exit the "Blue 44 Dive Right" out of the bar...damn announcers. But...I am playing catch-up now!!!

Manso/V8
09-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Some video highlights...

http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/Sonic-Blast-Giddings-vs-Wimberley-168935276.html

Good video overview of the game, thanks for posting.

Did we catch a glimpse of Tejastrue at 1:06 in the video?

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 05:43 PM

LOL Good one! I think that was maybe?

Tejastrue
09-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Looked pretty good don't you think. Heck..it was so hot I was down to my thong by halftime..sorry you missed that. lbjacj..wow, I can't believe you found Manso's comment funny. Very sad. :dispntd: Lol..

Gone Fishing
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Who got hurt?

Cangrats to Giddings for another tough win. This game proved to be a real barn burner after a slow start for the Texans. First mistake came early in first quarter when we had driven down to Giddings 20 yard line but interception killed the drive and next play Giddings scores on big play. We go three and out and Giddings strikes again with a reverse. Texans score then miss the extra point on bad snap. That one hurt big time. Giddings goes up 21 to 6 and it looks like the Texans are going to be blown out. We could not adjust to the speed, and there was a concern that this could get really ugly. Giddings began to tire just before half and we were able to take it in to close it to 21-12. To be down only 21-12 as bad as we had played gave hope that we could mount a comeback. Our defense played lights out in second half and held Giddings to just 3 points. We were in a position in third quarter to take the lead with score at 21-19 but interception and return for TD really put us in a hole. That interception also gave new energy to Giddings and you could see that it really picked them up. Nevertheless, Texans came back scored again and had a good drive to the Giddings 25 but could not get the first down to keep it going. While you hate to lose, you have to look at the positives - another week where the Texans could have given up but fought back and came close to pulling itout; rushing game looked outstanding and the line is beginning to come together; speed adjustment finally came late in second quarter and it showed in second half as we pretty much shut Giddings down. To hold them to 3 points when they were inside 10 was huge and gave us the chance for the win. There is plenty to work on. If we get the passing game going and can cut the interceptions (we now have 5 or 6 n two games and 2 were pick 6's), we will be fine. We are young on the offensive side of the ball and will get better each week. Coach Nelms likes to play a team from Region three each year so that we can see and learn to adjust to the speed. Last two years it was Sealy, this year and next it is Giddings. Giddings has plenty of speed and it took us a while to figure out the angles. But this game will go a long way toward getting us ready for District and post District play. Good luck to Giddings you have a great group of players and an outstanding and caring coaching staff. To see them on the Wimberley side talking to our players and parents with encouraging and complimentary words says a lot about the character of your team. We will be cheering for you each week. To the Texans, I am impressed with the toughness to fight through adversity and not give up. You are team in the making and you have the potential to be pretty darn good.

Pretty good stuff on the game snaxet. I watched the film and last week film too and was worried about the INT's, but really not now, not all on QB for sure. My take on the one in Llano is on that screen play a lineman ( not sure witch one but maybe the center or guard) just has to slightly block or get in the way of that LB and Kelly catches the screen and may have gone the way and last night the first INT hit the receiver right in the hands between the numbers and it popped back towards a player following the play (very lucky), and the pick six last night was a bad read by Jones trying to force a ball in, but my problem there is it should have just been an interception. It was on the 28 yd line and he should have been tackled 5 different times. I think the INT on the last play of the game was just a prayer and who cares. I think that totals 4 in two games but like I said the last one really does'nt count in my stats. Soooo Im not as worried as I might have been after really looking what happened. There is times that Jones really fires the ball in and looks good in the passing game. I think a little better luck and some more experience under his belt and several really young receivers too, and it will be fine. Put that with the running game and a defense that is going to get better each week and I'm ok with the future of this team when district gets here.

buff4ever
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought the refs were a non factor for most part, you guys have. You thoughts on questionable reffing, and we have ours. The back to back 1st down efforts that were both spotted short was hard to see, and I feel that the personal foul call on helmet to helmet at the end of the game to extend your drive was really not called for at that point inn the game uess it was flagarant which it didn't look to be from our side, maybe it was.

It was also unfortunate for our guys to be in position on pass defense just to bat to balls partially into your guys hands. The one by the endzone should have been a pic if hickey would have taken one more step back before he went up after it, he had time and was in position.

Mainly as our guys going both ways get in better shape, and your guys settle into their positions, both teams will be tough to beat.

wimbo_pro
09-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I thought the refs were a non factor for most part, you guys have. You thoughts on questionable reffing, and we have ours. The back to back 1st down efforts that were both spotted short was hard to see, and I feel that the personal foul call on helmet to helmet at the end of the game to extend your drive was really not called for at that point inn the game uess it was flagarant which it didn't look to be from our side, maybe it was.

It was also unfortunate for our guys to be in position on pass defense just to bat to balls partially into your guys hands. The one by the endzone should have been a pic if hickey would have taken one more step back before he went up after it, he had time and was in position.

Mainly as our guys going both ways get in better shape, and your guys settle into their positions, both teams will be tough to beat.

I think you are right Buff4...you guys will be tough to beat, but it seems your Region is stacked deeper than ours, you got your work cut out for you. We have a ways to go apparently...but I know wewill get the kinks worked out and will be a contender for Region 4 champ...so we just might meet again! And by the way, I havent heard anyone blame the refs for the loss here in Wimberley...not one person.

buff4ever
09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
We are in region 4 now for a couple of years. We could meet again before the semis if things worked out. Our bi-district match up would be against a tough bellville, sealy or el campo team.

wimbo_pro
09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
We are in region 4 now for a couple of years. We could meet again before the semis if things worked out. Our bi-district match up would be against a tough bellville, sealy or el campo team.

Oh Wow..thats right!! My bad...then I think there is a very good chance we will meet again.

Manso/V8
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh Wow..thats right!! My bad...then I think there is a very good chance we will meet again.

The Buffs are in the very tough district 26, the most competitive district top to bottom in 3a.

wimbo_pro
09-09-2012, 04:35 PM
The Buffs are in the very tough district 26, the most competitive district top to bottom in 3a.

Totally agree, Manso...now that I got my alignments right! LOL
But thats ok...we will be ready to beat whichever team comes out of that district. I believe we will do it, when the time comes. Got work to do...so true. But we have something on our side they don't...we ARE the Champs. Might not mean anything to them (or to you), but it sure does to us. Beware of the Texans come play off time!

Tejastrue
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x1059011361/High-School-Football-Wimberley-cant-pull-past-Giddings