PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 1 GotW: Gilmer(1-0) Vs. Plano Prestonwood Christian(1-0)

poisoned10
09-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Plano Prestonwood is coming off of a huge lopsided win against Henderson and Gilmer is coming off of a tough win against Atlanta.

So who do you think wins this one?

According to family that went to the Henderson/Prestonwood game, Gilmer is going to have a really tough time with this team. They are apparently pretty big and physical and their QB is REALLY good and their LB is a stud.

Yoe_09
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Gilmer(1-0)
W 31-17 over Atlanta

Vs.

Plano Prestonwood Christian(1-0)
W 56-21 over Henderson

Thoughts & Predictions?

regaleagle
09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
If Gilmer plays a good game and so does Prestonwood, Prestonwood wins. If Gilmer and Prestonwood both make mistakes(turnovers, excessive penalties, etc) I think Prestonwood probably still wins. If Gilmer plays well and Prestonwood doesn't, for whatever reason, Gilmer CAN win, but still may not. In other words, Gilmer needs to really play well in all facets this week to win this game. Good Luck Buckeyes, and I mean that with my heart in the right place.

Pawdaddy
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Don't know anything about Prestonwood except they opened the season with a big win against a team that has had a lot of success in the past few years. Gilmer started slow and seemed to do everything better as the game progressed against Atlanta, and Atlanta has some talent. We have not heard the last of the Rabbits. This week will begin to show the talent, and resolve, of both the players and the coaches. A good early season test, but that is about it. I do not think Prestonwood will put up 50+ points on Gilmer. Gilmer may not put 30+ on Prestonwood. I call it 27-21, Gilmer, but it could be the other way around.

Matthew328
09-04-2012, 07:24 AM
They have 6'8 basketball stud Mickey Mitchell as their QB....I have no idea why he's risking playing QB, he's probably the top basketball prospect in the country in his class...his brother Mike Mitchell is a stud LB

Rattler
09-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Prestonwood by 7

waterboy
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
The inexperienced Buckeyes will most definitely have their hands full this week. They will have to have the best week of preparation and practice that they've had in a long time to have a chance at winning this one. If the Buckeyes can get their offensive consistency going, and the Black Flag defense can get some stops, I see no reason why the Buckeyes can't hang with Prestonwood. With a break here and there they might just pull out a win? That's a very tall order, because the Lions look like a TAPPS state champion again. The consensus is that it'll be just another win for Prestonwood, but I wouldn't count on it. It'll be a huge test to see if we can compete with the best teams in the state, and I think Prestonwood is one of those teams. I can't go against the Buckeyes for the obvious reasons, but the task ahead does look daunting to say the least. Go Buckeyes! Prove you belong!

garciap77
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Gilmer by 14!

poisoned10
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I like the game plan that Gilmer has in store for Prestonwood. I won't elaborate on it for obvious reasons, but I like it. And if they execute it well, I think Gilmer will have a good chance at winning this game.

Go Buckeyes!

waterboy
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I like the game plan that Gilmer has in store for Prestonwood. I won't elaborate on it for obvious reasons, but I like it. And if they execute it well, I think Gilmer will have a good chance at winning this game.

Go Buckeyes!
I have no doubt the Buckeyes will have a good game plan. That's what good coaches do. Executing that game plan is what will determine whether we win or lose, in my opinion. The Lions will have a definite experience and size advantage. It'll definitely take EXECUTION to pull out the win, both offensively and defensively. It's hard to measure just how good either team is at this early point in the season. I guess we'll see Friday night.

They have 6'8 basketball stud Mickey Mitchell as their QB....I have no idea why he's risking playing QB, he's probably the top basketball prospect in the country in his class...his brother Mike Mitchell is a stud LB

Mike is crazy good.

lostaussie
09-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Mike is crazy good.I was told this guy will remind us a whole lot of Dalton Santos................and that scares the crap out of me.

garciap77
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-2.jpg

buckeyebob
09-06-2012, 05:31 AM
The one ad vantage that the Buckeyes have...they have been playing together for years...I think we can take 'em.

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Pwood by 14

Lion70
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Plano by at least two touchdowns.

CelinaCatFan
09-07-2012, 04:52 PM
This game will be webcast live tonight. Here is the link:

http://www.pcawebcast.com/

lostaussie
09-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Last I heard was not good for the buckeyes. We may be a little out of our league: thinking:

CelinaCatFan
09-07-2012, 10:21 PM
PCA 42
Gilmer 12

Final

poisoned10
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Prestonwood's lines dominated the game. They got pressure on us every play on defense and they pushed us where they wanted us on offense. I can't even begin to count how many times they had open receivers with no one within 10 yards of them. Especially on 4th down.

Prestonwood did an amazing job tackling. They hit our guys hard and wrapped up every play.

It sucks but we were just dominated in every part of the game tonight. I don't think we would see another team anywhere as good as them until 2 or 3 rounds into the playoffs. No disrespect meant towards our future opponents, Prestonwood is that good.

Good luck to them the rest of the year. I know Gilmer will rebound this week and take out some frustration on Jacksonville next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk