PDA

View Full Version : George West @ Ingleside

99IHSMustang
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Now that week 0 is down in the books, time to move on to week 1. The Mustangs can now build off of the mistakes that were made and start making the necessary adjustments to be primed for district. Despite the lopsided score there were bright spots on the offense. WR#10 Skylar Shugart ran some good routes, but in all fairness was also well covered. The QB made some good throws and did quite well for the first game. He had one pass that was underthrown and intercepted. The other was a bobbled attempted catch by #10 which was then picked off by a defender and taken to the house. Ingleside looked to be playing a zone defense after they got burnt several times playing man to man. Too much speed on Refugio’s offense to play man to man. Unfortunately, neither worked. I think the Mustangs are going come out ready for a victory this coming Friday.

George West brings back 18 startes from a team that went several rounds in the playoffs last year. They also return div 1 prospect Eli Garcia. They beat Bandera last week 27-13.

I like the Mustangs by 14.

Old Green
09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm taking the Mustangs in this one. Mustangs will have the skill and speed advantage. I don't know much about GW, but they usually are run oriented and if so, the Mustang Defense will stop them.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
28-27 gw!

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
GW :)

I have family there and three rivers

MustangFootball
09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
The Mustangs held Draigon Silvas to 34 yards rushing and the rest of the team to 25 yards. I'd say of George West plans on running the ball primarily they will be in trouble....I think the Mustangs answer back this week huge, and set the tone for the rest of the season.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Maybe so but they gave up over 60!! Refugios strength is their QB and passing game. If Ingleside holds GW to less than 100 yds rushing they will win. Sinton is the best team in district.

MustangFootball
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe so but they gave up over 60!! Refugios strength is their QB and passing game. If Ingleside holds GW to less than 100 yds rushing they will win. Sinton is the best team in district.
Refugio has a great passing game but everyone knows they have a stud RB and a top running game. I'm not disputing that Sinton is the top team in the district right now considering they are pick to win the district. But that's something we will find out soon enough come October 12 when the Pirates come to town for the opening of district play.

99IHSMustang
09-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Yeah, Refugio's core receivers were great and the QB they had was very good. Let's be honest, GW is not Refugio. I still don't understand what Sinton has to do with Ingleside playing George West.. :vrycnfsd:

FireGraig
09-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Why run when you can throw for 500 yards? The only thing that stopped Refugio's offense was the back of the end zone! George West will have more yards rushing inthe first quarter than Refugio had all game. Two vastly different offenses. Ingleside is supposed to be young and small on the lines. GW returns a good solid core from a strong team last year. This will be a close game. 28-27.

bulldog82
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
GW runs the slot or wing T depending on where he lines up , they only threw like 5 or 6 times 1 int 1 td others for key first downs. got to protect the run but are able to throw when they need to . QB probably their best player on both sides of the ball. He'll roll out and run if he has to. watch for the crack back LB's. Their best back was on crutches. (knee) Other backs all carried well, about same amount of carries. IHS need to protect the ball. we had 4 turn overs. can't win when you don't have the ball. GW drives are clock draining and boring, i hate that type of offense. LH would be proud of them. Good luck, and injury free!

MustangFootball
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Expect Ingleside to make a statement in this game, I'm not taking anything from George West but Ingleside will feel like they have something to prove to their home town fans after last week. Both teams are completely different in the systems they run, the veterans for GW might be the key to their victory where as the young Mustangs will be hungry and have something to prove.

MUSTANG69
09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I thought Ingleside's defense did well against the run attack of Refugio's but totally sucked against the pass. Refugio kept running the same 2 or 3 pass plays the whole game. It doesn't seem like the defensive coach made any adjustments to stop them. IF GW can pass we lose again. Ingleside has 2 weaknesses. Lack of experience and lack of defensive coaching.

Roughneck93
09-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Ingleside rebounds with a win.

jett
09-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Hate to go against the majority here, but Ingleside is about to get their second loss in a row. George West is bringing back a lot of starters from last year's very talented team. Yes, they're run oriented, but they're pretty damn good at it. Been watching them play for the past 7 years and this is a good crop they've got this year. Three yards and a cloud of dust running the slot/wing-t... it wears on a defense.

I'm taking G-Dub by a score.

pancho villa
09-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I think I will go to this game! Because all the beer joints will be packed after the game, with them beer drinking, snuff dippen, hard livin women from Ingleside!!

jett
09-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I think I will go to this game! Because all the beer joints will be packed after the game, with them beer drinking, snuff dippen, hard livin women from Ingleside!!

Don't underestimate the females of gw.

"George West. Where the men are men & the women are too."

pancho villa
09-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Don't underestimate the females of gw.

"George West. Where the men are men & the women are too."

But can they drink beer with a dip of copenhagen in their mouth, and a baby on the hip!

jett
09-04-2012, 09:24 AM
But can they drink beer with a dip of copenhagen in their mouth, and a baby on the hip!

Naturally.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Hate to go against the majority here, but Ingleside is about to get their second loss in a row. George West is bringing back a lot of starters from last year's very talented team. Yes, they're run oriented, but they're pretty damn good at it. Been watching them play for the past 7 years and this is a good crop they've got this year. Three yards and a cloud of dust running the slot/wing-t... it wears on a defense.

I'm taking G-Dub by a score.

I am glad to hear that they are as good as advertised. It should be another good test for Ingleside.

pancho villa
09-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Naturally.

Must be some good ladys in GW!

MustangFootball
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Time to corral our women up again pancho is coming to town for some easy Pickens.