PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs 4A Victoria West

Old Green
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
First time these two teams have played and it's been since 1995 that Cuero has played a Victora team.
The West Warriors are coached by a former Gonzales Head Coach Leonard McAngus. They were manhandled last week by Lockhart 55 - 12. Cuero won in the last few seconds 20-19 against a good Wharton team.

Pudlugger
09-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Cuero should win this one by 20 points. The Leps hung 35 points on Lockhart before taking their foot off the gas in out scrimmage.If Lockhart scored 55 against Victoria West then the Gobblers should have no problem.

Gontex
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM
West is on a pretty serious losing streak that dates back to last year. I think they have lost something like 6 straight. They shouldn't be too much of a challenge for the Gobblers. McAngus is a good coach, but he may be seriously shorthanded this year.

Roughneck93
09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Cuero takes this one.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Cuero 50
West 12

These poor Victoria teams are pitiful. Remember when Reeve had them a solid playoff team, year in and year out as a 5A school. Really, not long ago. That town has crumbled in football since then. McAngus a solid coach, just zero talent. Poor guy, I like him.

29-3aFAN
09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Cuero by 35

FireGraig
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Cuero by at least 2 touchdowns. Sadly, both Victoria teams might be in for a rough year.

jett
09-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Cuero with a walk-away win. Vic West pretty shabby looking.

buff4ever
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Cuero rolls on

MustangFootball
09-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Cuero wins easily!!!!!

BigGreen61
09-05-2012, 01:04 PM
My Cobblers will win this week but not looking past Vic West.This team will scratch & fight for 48 minutes. 1Game at a Time

garciap77
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
MEAN GREEN by 10!

XtremeCouture
09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Cuero is getting flat out embarrassed so far. 20-0 close to halftime

KingRob
09-07-2012, 09:56 PM
What an awful game for the Gobblers. 3 turnovers, defense playing flat, offense playing flat. VW outplayed the Gobblers. Let's hope they regroup for the next game. Just didn't sound like the Gobblers of last week (Listening to game on Gobblersports).

KingRob
09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
By the way, VW is winning 33-12 with 7 mins to go. Fumble on kick off gave VW the ball inside the Gobbler 20.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow, I'm shocked here!!!!! Didn't see this happening for sure.:eek:

crabman
09-08-2012, 12:04 PM
A couple of observations from last night.

Our linebackers always seemed to be engaging an offensive lineman as the RB or QB ran by them. They never looked like they were going to the ball but rather they looked like they were reading things. This is correctable. No biggie.
Fumbles continue to plague us. Also correctable. One interception in 35 attempts is to be expected. 25 for 35 with 4 drops right in receivers hands. Accuracy is not a problem.
Victoria West may be a mediocre 4A program but their defensive backs and safeties were some of the best I have seen in years. Never more than two yards of separation and man coverage all night. Lockhart beat them by running, not passing.
We are still playing with our #3 running back who is doing double duty as starting linebacker. This will be remedied in a couple of weeks when we are back at full strength with the return of Goebel and Hopkins.
Receivers continue to have pretty darn good hands. A couple of drops are to be expected.
QB had a good game in spite of being sicker than a dog all week and during the game. No excuse. You could just tell he was way below full strength.

raider red 2000
09-09-2012, 06:30 AM
That is a lot of positive spinning right there. I how you are right.

crabman
09-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Compared to last year's 3-7 team we look like state champions. Not going to let one flat game get me down. Just trying to say that we will be okay. Not sure if we are a playoff team but we won't be embarrassed. The other five teams in our district are in most people's top ten in region 4. We may be relegated to the role of spoiler. Time will tell. We will be pretty salty by district.

Old Green
09-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Compared to last year's 3-7 team we look like state champions. Not going to let one flat game get me down. Just trying to say that we will be okay. Not sure if we are a playoff team but we won't be embarrassed. The other five teams in our district are in most people's top ten in region 4. We may be relegated to the role of spoiler. Time will tell. We will be pretty salty by district.I agree with everything you've said Crabman. They're 200% better than last year. The little things can be corrected.

FireGraig
09-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Victoria has always had talent, but they have struggled to put it all together. Maybe this is a turning point. Sounds like Cuero might be a bit inconsistent the start of this year. Hope the get firing on all cylinders by district.

Johnny Utah
09-09-2012, 06:24 PM
When the UIL lets 4 teams in the playoffs next season Cuero will get in. Giddings is fast! Yoakum is very good! Gonzales???

jett
09-10-2012, 09:30 AM
When the UIL lets 4 teams in the playoffs next season Cuero will get in. Giddings is fast! Yoakum is very good! Gonzales???

The fact that you have "Mingus" listed as your location is amazing. Drank A LOT of beer at Mingus City Limits one night with a buddy of mine you may know from the basketball board as "coach wad".

1stnurseryman
09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Only time will tell. Probably come down to the last week for this district.

BigGreen61
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM

cuero will be in thick thangs when the disrict is settle. We will beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the district.

buff4ever
09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
cuero will be in thick thangs when the disrict is settle. We will beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the district.

Unless Wharton is better than I thought, you haven't shown that you are ready for this district's potential at this point. You guys are wanting to get behind your coach and players, and that is what you should do, but what would have been your reactions in the last couple of years with a loss like this last one. We have all read how you supported your coaches and kids last year, just interesting to see the change for the better in Cuero. It will be a tough district for everyone in it, Cuero has a ways to go in the next few weeks to be ready for the level of competition in this district.

1stnurseryman
09-10-2012, 09:34 PM
This district is going to get a good idea about each team in the first week of distinct play. Have no idea what's gonna happen but it should make for some great football.

apache78
09-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I saw Cuero against West. Cuero is definitely improved over last year, could not get worse, but Cuero is no where near what they have been in the past. QB is a really good kid but everyone else is not heads and shoulders above the talent in this district. I agree buff, I really feel this district is going to be a week to week race and no one better have an off night or you will find a big L in your record book.