PDA

View Full Version : Sealy@St. Pius X on ESPNU this Thursday

Manso/V8
09-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Thursday night's Sealy@St. Pius X game will be nationally televised on USPNU.
We will get a chance to see Ricky Seals-Jones and Kohl Stewart (A&M commit) play.
What a great opportunity for those schools.
I think the game starts at 8 pm CT, but I am not sure.

http://www.theleadernews.com/?p=1269

Johnny Utah
09-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Go Sealy and the Mitchell's!!

pirate4state
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
+1 can't wait! Thursday will be Wednesday this week ;-)
Go Sealy and the Mitchell's!!

Hater
09-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Watched Kohl in a scrimmage....dude can sling it. Doubt he ever makes it to Aggieland tho....he's 6'5" and 95ish off the mound, which means he'll be a millionaire come June-July. Too bad for the Aggies.

CTS
09-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing this game on TV. Coogs have St. Pius a couple of weeks down the road. Heard a lot of good things about their QB.

wimbo_pro
09-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Gotta root for Sealy!

TigerForever
09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
What a great opportunity to showcase the Tigers. Plus, can watch the game on ESPNU HD and drink beer at the same time. Doesn’t get any better than that.

GO TIGERS!!!

TigerForever

rancher
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
To bad this is being played at St Pius instead of a better field. Plus the fact they are charging $15 for both students and adults. I hope the stands are empty when everyone can sit at home and watch it on TV. I fail to understand why they could not move the game to a better facility plus being charged more to sit in such a dump.

NastySlot
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
To bad this is being played at St Pius instead of a better field. Plus the fact they are charging $15 for both students and adults. I hope the stands are empty when everyone can sit at home and watch it on TV. I fail to understand why they could not move the game to a better facility plus being charged more to sit in such a dump.

that s a lot of money for a game. As far as the stadium is really that bad looking at in online bleachers/seating look fine.

and why should they move a home game and have to rent out another place?

I wouldn't think there would be that big a crowd for a Thursday night game anyway.

lbjacj
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Thursday night's Sealy@St. Pius X game will be nationally televised on USPNU.
We will get a chance to see Ricky Seals-Jones and Kohl Stewart (A&M commit) play.
What a great opportunity for those schools.
I think the game starts at 8 pm CT, but I am not sure.

http://www.theleadernews.com/?p=1269

They will be hard pressed to have a more exiting game than the last 2 Texan/Tiger games!!!

Tiger Turtle
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
So, how good is St. Pius anyway? Beyond the QB, what are their strengths? How would they compare to a UIL program? Equivalent to a 3A, 4A? Most of the private schools I have seen Sealy play over the years weren't all that good, but remember, they can effectively recruit by offering scholarships to kids who couldn't afford the tuition otherwise.

garciap77
09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Go tigers!!!

hookandladder
09-05-2012, 08:04 AM
So, how good is St. Pius anyway? Beyond the QB, what are their strengths? How would they compare to a UIL program? Equivalent to a 3A, 4A? Most of the private schools I have seen Sealy play over the years weren't all that good, but remember, they can effectively recruit by offering scholarships to kids who couldn't afford the tuition otherwise.

I know some players on the St. Thomas team and I would say St. Pius and them are pretty even other then Stewart at QB, think they would be a top notch 2A team and in the middle as far as 3A. Should be an interesting game but I have to go with Sealy, RSJ and Davis will be hard for them to stop.

TigerForever
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM

I had "heard" that ESPN is paying to have an additional 1000 temporary seats installed for the game. Can anyone confirm this?

TigerForever

tigerball4life
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I had "heard" that ESPN is paying to have an additional 1000 temporary seats installed for the game. Can anyone confirm this?

TigerForever

From what I am hearing out of my connections in Sealy it was St. Pius that did not want the game moved. I assume this to be a recruiting ploy for them and a way for the AD to get needed repairs to Parsley Field. ESPN gave St. Pius a list of improvements needed to keep the game there, they made those needed repairs and they are renting portable bleachers to meet those requirements. I am also told that because there isn’t any room on the visitor’s side that all the cameras will be on the home side and pointed at the Tigers sideline. It is being speculated that St. Pius is charging $15.00 not to pay for rentals but to keep Tiger fans at home watching on TV, why? That seems obvious; it will keep the fans out of the mix and make it a solid Panther crowd. I hope that is not the case but makes sense because we all know the players feed off the crowd.
I was planning on watching at home with a cold drink but now I will be making the trip from San Antonio to cheer on the Tigers and spoil the plans of the panthers. I urge all fans to tape the game and show up at the stadium, it looks like the crowd will be on camera often, even if you aren’t form Sealy come, wear Black or white, support the UIL Tigers over TAPPS panthers and see a good game!!!!!

rancher
09-05-2012, 04:26 PM
It seems to me that Sealy Supt. and AD are dropping the ball on this one. Why would they agree to this??? This is the second year in a row they are playing at St. Pius homefield, why??? If a family of 4 wanted to go to the ball game, that is $60 admission + 3.79 a gallon for gas and drive in Houston traffic, to sit in the heat in a dump of a stadium. That adds up to at least a Ben Franklin in cost. I will sit at home with a cold been and watch it on dish. I hope all do the same. I also hope everyone lets the admin. at Sealy know someone dropped the ball.

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
It seems to me that Sealy Supt. and AD are dropping the ball on this one. Why would they agree to this??? This is the second year in a row they are playing at St. Pius homefield, why??? If a family of 4 wanted to go to the ball game, that is $60 admission + 3.79 a gallon for gas and drive in Houston traffic, to sit in the heat in a dump of a stadium. That adds up to at least a Ben Franklin in cost. I will sit at home with a cold been and watch it on dish. I hope all do the same. I also hope everyone lets the admin. at Sealy know someone dropped the ball.

WWhat does a cold been do for U??? Grow it in ur own garden???:evilgrin:

rancher
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
One to many been already at the Cat Spring Country Club. Fingers have a hard time telling n from r. No wonder you qualify as the moderator.

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM
One to many been already at the Cat Spring Country Club. Fingers have a hard time telling n from r. No wonder you qualify as the moderator.

I'll have to come out to the CSCC one day and have a cold one with ya!!!

Tiger Turtle
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Any information on the Sealy players who were injured against Milby?

tigerball4life
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Once again Rancher jumps to conclusions and assumes the worst of Sealy.
When Sealy administration found out the game was going to be on ESPNU they tried to get the sites flipped because St. Pius is so small, St. Pius’ head coach agreed but the AD wouldn’t budge, Sealy administration called ESPNU and told them of the venue issues, ESPN assured Sealy that if the St. Pius’ field wasn’t adequate that they would pay for a neutral site, St. Pius AD pitched a fit and ESPN gave them a list of what they needed to do to keep the game there (which nobody thought they would get done) the AD spent the money to make the recommended upgrades and that locked it in at Parsley Field.
I really don’t think it will be fan friendly with the lack of parking and $15.00 a ticket but I will make the trip from San Antonio to show the Tigers they have real fans and I urge others to do the same.