PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Bulls...

Bullaholic
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
The Bulls were overmatched by a very good and very physical Alvarado Indian team Friday night in Alvarado.

The only bright spots for the Bulls were the valiant runing of #3-Juerta, and the decent QB relief effort turned in by #15-Cook, who came in early for the injured Bull starting QB.

THe Bulls are young, and many players are learning new positions, and as I stated in earlier posts---they will improve over the season, but it is awfully hard to see much progress meeting good teams early, such as Alvarado. I really feel for these players and their families during this agonizing process---it is never much fun getting your hat stomped and handed to you to the tune of 64-13 on any night.

The Alvarado Indians are a solid, well-coached team again this season and will be playing a while after the regular season is finished. Their offense has the ability to run over and away from defenses and complete passes downfield when they need it. THe Indian defense tackles well and goes to the ball quickly. These are the things that the good ones do---and the Alvarado Indians are definitely in that category. Best of luck to the Alvardo Indians.

Things don't get any better for the Bulls this week---they face a very strong Abilene Wylie team at home, which is coming off a big win over a very good Argyle team.

Go Bulls!

defense51
09-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Things aren't as bad as it seems Bullaholic, your young Bulls have potential. Good luck on the rest of your season.

toddg
09-02-2012, 12:10 PM
The Bulls played hard for 48 minutes and never quit..and either did their fans..the Indians, the coaches, and the Alvarado folks didnt expect anything less, we saw the Bull pride and respected it as always. what didnt go unnoticed was #3 Huerta's 160 yards 2 TD effort, which is also a testement to the fine Oline of the Bulls. i think the Bulls defense is well on its way to being very solid and as the QBs and the recievers gain more confidence and timing..they will be a force as well. good luck to the Bulls on the rest of their season!