PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

Cam
09-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Got my middle schooler one of them new Xenith X2 helmets. Some folks love em, some hate em. One thing for sure, studies are showing they are very effective in protecting the ol noggin.....My kid love it! Saids it's the most comfortable helmet he's ever worn. Saids alot of kids are complaining of headaches at practice. Most of them are using Schutts and some Riddells. So, we're gonna see how the X2 works out for him this season.
The only complaints I've heard of the X2:
1) Gets a little hotter than other helmets...maybe cause it only has 6 ventilation holes
2) you can't use your own chinstrap...have to use the built in one...which my kid actually likes.....

anyways,....just fyi.....

Ville-D
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
What's it cost?

Cam
09-01-2012, 11:43 PM
What's it cost?

When Xenith first came out (I think it was the X1) a few years ago, that darn helmet was around $369.00 and you could only order it through their website. They got smart in order to compete with Riddell especially with their Revo helmet....by the way, Riddell is mighty proud of their helmets too!...Anyway, I paid $139.00 for the X2 at Dick's Sporting Goods. The Revo Speed helmet goes for around $189.00.....

LHPfactory
09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
We tried on the xeniths for my 2 older boys but they didn't fit their heads well, the Russell Revo Speeds fit perfect. Both brands are very good and I know Russell has CRT (concussion reduction technology). In making the choice between the two, I would go with the best fitting helmet.

Old Tiger
09-02-2012, 07:26 AM
I remember when the Schutt DNA came out...they seemed cool and looked cool but the hits seem to hurt worse.