PDA

View Full Version : Columbus @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
This will be a must win for both teams coming off disappointing loses in week zero. Columbus throws the ball very effectively which might be a problem for the Leps. LG's ability to defend the pass is suspect judging from how Marble Falls picked their secondary apart. The Lep running game is very good and the o line looks salty so if the offense can hold onto the football and not throw it away they can control the tempo of the game. But the Lep defense definately needs to step it up, put pressure on the qb up front and cover their receivers. Based on home field advantage and homerism I'll take LG by a td.

Pudlugger
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Will any of the injured Leps suit up this Friday? We're missing some good players out there. Where was #25 last Friday? He would be a big boost to our defense and pass rushing.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes, should be another down to the wire for Columbus. I like LG though, major depth advantage, and HFA. Leps win, 35-30.

Gobblerfan
09-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I heard LG had a few injuries against Marble Falls.

Pudlugger
09-03-2012, 07:06 AM
As far as I know the only injuries were just some minor bumps and bruises. MF had two players leave the field under assistance. #99 a big fella playing nose guard appeared to have a serious knee injury. We sure hate to see players get injured. The Leps had their share of injuries in the first week of practice. Hopefully all will be back on the field soon.

As for Friday, the Leps can win this one if they hold onto the ball and the defense tightens up especially in the secondary.

87 TIGER
09-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Going with the leps in this one, even though my buddy is the dc in Columbus ,sorry bro Lagrange gets the w this week.

Snotbubbles
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
LaGrange corrects all wrongs, and all things back on track in LepLand, with a 44-14 thumping of Columbus.

Pudlugger
09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
LaGrange corrects all wrongs, and all things back on track in LepLand, with a 44-14 thumping of Columbus.

Let's pray your prescient predictions prosper.:clap::wave::iagree:

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
LaGrange rolls

hookandladder
09-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I heard LG had a few injuries against Marble Falls.

Only injuries that I have heard of as of Monday was cramping , if you want to call that injuries. Maybe a bump or bruise here and there but no major injuries, we were without 2 players for last weeks game and one will be back this week.

LHS 2SONS
09-05-2012, 02:39 PM
We were without 3 players for injury reasons and one player for disciplne reasons. I know of one of the injury players will be out for at least 6 more weeks.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Pulling for the Leps!

LG by 17.

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Two good coaches going head to head this Friday, should be a very high scoring game. Leps by 7!!!

Pudlugger
09-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Two good coaches going head to head this Friday, should be a very high scoring game. Leps by 7!!!

I agree it will be a high scoring game . The winner will be the team with fewer turnovers. Go Leps!

1st and goal
09-06-2012, 09:11 AM
I think Lagrange will pull it out in the 4th quarter with a 10 point victory.

LHS 2SONS
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I work with a few guys from Columbus, i sure hope we win.

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
This is going to be a shootout. 42-34 Leps

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I say if the leps don't turn the ball over and play like a single unit and throw 3 td's and rush for 2 td's and sack columbus's qb 3 times and cause columbus to turn it over 2 or more times we will be able to show everybody what we are cabable of if we are playing to our potential.

In all seriousness, I still believe LG wins this game by 10 or more. Just got to pick on old pud, hadn't messed with him yet this year.

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I say if the leps don't turn the ball over and play like a single unit and throw 3 td's and rush for 2 td's and sack columbus's qb 3 times and cause columbus to turn it over 2 or more times we will be able to show everybody what we are cabable of if we are playing to our potential.

In all seriousness, I still believe LG wins this game by 10 or more. Just got to pick on old pud, hadn't messed with him yet this year.

I'm gratified that you are once again looking forward to my prescient analysis of Lep football. Go Leps score more points than Columbus and you will win the game!:)

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm gratified that you are once again looking forward to my prescient analysis of Lep football. Go Leps score more points than Columbus and you will win the game!:)

Your post generally make me smile, thanx,

good luck tonight.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Best wishes H&L and your very talented son and his Lep-mates against Columbus. Sine will have them Cardinals fired up, and the best part is what his team does after the game, win or lose. Class act Columbus. Keep it up.

LG 35
CC 30

I still see CC throwing the ball 85-90% like they did on us. Once their timing get's down with this new offense, they will be a force IMO.

hookandladder
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Well it is our first home game again, also Parents Night. It is hard to beleive this will be my third and last Parents night, never would have thought time would go by so fast. For all you guys with underclassmen enjoy your time with your son, I know we have had a blast Tailgating and just watching our boys grow up. For all you guys in my shoes , enjoy the year. After this year 3Adownlow will only be a good memory for talking a little smack and having fun, here's hoping to a good Leps season. A cold one for sure.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
score?

hookandladder
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
score?

46-7 La Grange, no contest.

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 10:47 PM
46-7 Leps. Great play by both offense and defense tonight. The Cardinals had no answer to our running game especially #3 Fillmore who raked up some serious yardage tonight. The play calling was nothing fancy just some straight ahead running plays mixed with some short pass routes. Except for the short field we gave the Cardinals in the first quarter from a low snap on a punt attempt the defense pretty much shut down the Columbus offense plus a pick 6 in the fourth quarter.Go Leps beat Brookshire.

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Way to go LG!

bobcat04
09-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Way to go LG!

Wow! Surprise with all the hype that Columbus had with new hire. Thought it would be a lot closer. Good rebound win for leps

zebrablue2
09-08-2012, 12:21 AM
46-7 Leps. Great play by both offense and defense tonight. The Cardinals had no answer to our running game especially #3 Fillmore who raked up some serious yardage tonight. The play calling was nothing fancy just some straight ahead running plays mixed with some short pass routes. Except for the short field we gave the Cardinals in the first quarter from a low snap on a punt attempt the defense pretty much shut down the Columbus offense plus a pick 6 in the fourth quarter.Go Leps beat Brookshire.

:eek: Damn, congrats to the LEPS!!!

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty much thinking our district is gonna be a slobberknocker.
Congrats Leps, Pudd, and H&L too!

buff4ever
09-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Great game leps, this year is going to be fun to watch.

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Wow! Surprise with all the hype that Columbus had with new hire. Thought it would be a lot closer. Good rebound win for leps

New hire is a hell of a high school coach, just not much to work with. Also one of their best RB is out for the year, Columbus is not an easy place to make changes. Good Luck to Coach Sines.

Pudlugger
09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
The Lep ground game was very impressive. I would like to see the stats for rushing yardage. #3 Fillmore must have had close to 200 yards rushing last night. I know the coach doesn't want to show too much from the play book this early in the season and with #3 pounding the rock up the middle there is no need to. Go Leps!

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 10:34 AM
The Lep ground game was very impressive. I would like to see the stats for rushing yardage. #3 Fillmore must have had close to 200 yards rushing last night. I know the coach doesn't want to show too much from the play book this early in the season and with #3 pounding the rock up the middle there is no need to. Go Leps!

As reported on radio this morning Filmore had around 250, not a bad night also makes a big difference him playing only RB. We had a couple players back this week on defense and gave us realy good depth on the front line, also a change at CB looked good. Coaches filling holes, that is what Pre District games are for.

Football DAD
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes, I know that. Columbus has been up and down for years. I thought this coach would be able to shack up that team. It's still early in the season.

Pudlugger
09-08-2012, 11:15 AM
As reported on radio this morning Filmore had around 250, not a bad night also makes a big difference him playing only RB. We had a couple players back this week on defense and gave us realy good depth on the front line, also a change at CB looked good. Coaches filling holes, that is what Pre District games are for.

Over 250 yards rushing! That is spectacular. The Leps have several excellent running backs this year. I thought #10 did a good job covering Cardinal wr #12 last night. Our defense was stout with the front 4 putting up an aggressive pass rush. The cards tried to take advantage with the screen pass which only worked the first couple of times. After that the lbs stayed home and shut it down. The secondary had some problems with coverage and fortunately many open Cardinal receivers were over thrown or simply dropped the ball. We will need to tighten up our coverage of the long ball before district. Overall a much improved showing from last week when we literally dropped the ball. One final note, what's up with the needless unsportsmanlike conduct penalties? We need to not do that. Hope the coaches make a point about that this morning at film.

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes, I know that. Columbus has been up and down for years. I thought this coach would be able to shack up that team. It's still early in the season.

The District that they are in this yearit will not be pretty for them, also their JV and Freshman teams were below avaerage so Coach Sines has a lot of work to do if he stays around.

Watcher
09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
You are right hook. The district Columbus is in won't be pretty for them, but this district would definitely not be pretty for La Grange either. In your mind, everybody is below average, except your image of yourself.

Pudlugger
09-09-2012, 06:15 AM
District 26 will be every bit as difficult as 25. There will be no easy games this season in our district. La Grange is an improving program with some fine young players and dedicated coaches. We here in Leopard land are very positive about our program and look forward to a successful season. It is a sign of success to have the support of the fans and the community. Go Leps!

hookandladder
09-09-2012, 08:51 AM
You are right hook. The district Columbus is in won't be pretty for them, but this district would definitely not be pretty for La Grange either. In your mind, everybody is below average, except your image of yourself.

We went thru those same growing pains our first two or three in the spread system, just stating the facts that it is very hard to compete right away with that offense. Columbus District has some good teams but as Pud stated it is no tougher then our District, Good Luck with your Cards.