PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass' offense...

big daddy russ
11-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Just thought I'd blow AP's horn a little. Here's some of their stats on the year through 12 games as compiled by myself...

Sr. RB Tommy Blake------- 2,020 rush yds... 26 TDs

Jr. RB Corey Hale-------- 755 rush yds... 8 TDs

Sr. QB John David Heard-- 1,166 pass yds... 12 pass TDs/ 3 Rush TDs

I haven't put everything together just yet, but I'll post everything when I get it together. They also had a receiver who was probably top-two in the district in both receptions and receiving yards.

big daddy russ
11-25-2002, 12:04 PM
Here's a little something extra...

Blake had 10 100-yard games, 4 of which went for over 200 yards. Twice he put up efforts surpassing the 289-yard mark, but he never quite reached 300.

Hale put up 5 100-yard efforts. Only once did AP's backfield go without at least one 100-yard rusher (week 1 vs. Rockport-Fulton). Four times, Aransas Pass had both Hale and Blake eclipse the 100-yard mark (week 5 vs. Boling, week 8 vs. Ingleside, week 10 vs. Taft, week 11 vs. Cotulla).

Heard had four 100-yard efforts in the passing game, two of which went for over 200 yards. Not that he had to do a whole lot with Blake and Hale lined up behind him.

Kakarot
11-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Blake and Hale are really good running backs. Blake is better though cause of his height and speed. HE was pretty hard to bring down.

Sinton94
11-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Congrats AP on a great season! Wish you could have made it further. You did our area proud and have nothing to be ashamed of!

ap_panther_84
11-26-2002, 05:58 PM
HEy Russ thanks for giving our team so props on the season.That game against Port isabel was my last high school game and to be honest it was one hell of a game. To any and all AP players that read this thanks for a great season and yall did a hell of a job.For all the seniors Tony,Jason,Tommy,Eric,Montey,Albert,John Heard,Ernie,Brian,Chris,Tyler,Brandon,Jon,Pumba,Jo sh thanks for sticking it out all 4 years we all have some good memories.Good luck in life.
Robert Scheibe #84

big daddy russ
11-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Scheibe, haha, what's up. Hey man, great season. You may have gone out earlier than you thought you would, but that was a great way to end a career. That's a game you're gonna be telling your kids about 30 years from now. Hey, you gonna be playing on Saturdays next year?

Kakarot
11-26-2002, 09:56 PM
yo 84 i was 33 i thhink i remember u lol u gave me a blind side hit on the kickoff do u remember that cause i remember seeing the number 80 SOMETHING but after that hit i got CRUNK lol. :p

ap_panther_84
11-27-2002, 05:19 PM
Hey kakrot i remember laying you out and that was a head on hit not a blindside you should look more. Sup Russ no I dont think I'll be playing on sauterdays not for awhile anyway cause I am off for the marines after this year. So are you gonna go to the track meets this year or what cause I am gonna be burning them hurdles up!!!

Big Tarp 74
11-27-2002, 06:59 PM
big daddy russ, I thought you all would like a picture of the Port Isabel and Aransas Pass game. Here is the link, have not got this site down as how to get an image to display.

www.texasteam.com (http://www.texasateam.com/football.htm) :D :D

Note just scroll down the page and you will see the image.

Happy Thankgiven to all!!

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 08:29 PM
I think Blake has prepared Sinton for Miller.Awesome runninback.

SintonFan
11-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to Aransas Pass on a nice season! I agree with the earlier mention "Yall represented the Coastal Bend well!" Good luck next year. :)