PDA

View Full Version : Sinton (1-0) @ Yoakum (1-0)

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Should be a great game with a good crowd for Yoakum's home opener. Already excited for it. Safe travels to my friends from Sinton.

Sinton is coming off a 48-22 victory over Tuloso Midway
Yoakum held off Columbus for a 27-25 win

sinfan75
09-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Yea this should be a good match up.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Watched Sinton a few times already on HUDL and that #10 amazes me each time. Read's very well if to pull it, or give it out of shotgun. And, when he runs, he is smooth and makes some ankle breaking cuts. Throws it well too. I see they don't KO deep, and I'm sure they will not against us with Ratley back there.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 01:47 PM
P4S, you making the trip to Yoakum? Be nice to see you again, and fellow Pirate fan's.

pirate4state
09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Will be a good test for us. I predict a very close game. Go Pirates!

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
How about a Halftime meet and greet at the flag pool? Or, along the fence, around the track at the flag pool end if your access to the track is locked?

Ranger354
09-01-2012, 08:05 PM
This ought to be a good match up. Be interesting to see how the Sinton LBs do. They seem to give up a little ground early but got there stride as the game went on.

YTB,
Any suggestions on where to eat in Yokum or Cuero before the game.?

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Sure, there is a good steak house called Weitings. Great chicken fry with all the fixings if you don't want a steak. But, the sirloin steak is to die for. The owner/main cook was at a Cuero establishment before coming home to operate his own business. On my way to Refugio last Friday, I seen that place in Cuero is now closed down. That place was always packed when we visited it.

Couple solid Mexican Resturants downtown area. One called Mi Terra and other LaCabana (awesome rita's, if you like one before heading to Bulldog Stadium).

Another place is called H&H Cafe, and they announced they will now be open after all home games, if you desire to grub after the game. And the food there is very good.

These are my fav local eatery's. Enjoy, and most importantly, safe travels.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2012, 08:57 PM
This ought to be a good match up. Be interesting to see how the Sinton LBs do. They seem to give up a little ground early but got there stride as the game went on.

YTB,
Any suggestions on where to eat in Yokum or Cuero before the game.?they'll be ok once they mix in some run blitz, defensive tackles need some help in the early going. Offensively Sinton scores on all its possessions with except one when the rb fumbled after a big run.

Handson is looking sharp so far after two scrimmages and one game. Nice experience line with some good young recievers to go with the experience rb, Sinton offense is going to put some big points this season.

Sinton 34 Yoakum 28

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
they'll be ok once they mix in some run blitz, defensive tackles need some help in the early going. Offensively Sinton scores on all its possessions with except one when the rb fumbled after a big run.

Handson is looking sharp so far after two scrimmages and one game. Nice experience line with some good young recievers to go with the experience rb, Sinton offense is going to put some big points this season.

Sinton 34 Yoakum 28

I'll post my predicted score after a few more HUDL breakdowns of Sinton and see a few Dog practices. Thus far, on video, Pirates look very talented. D O G H O U S E will be packed I know and should be the Region Game of the Week IMO.

Blue42
09-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Sure, there is a good steak house called Weitings. Great chicken fry with all the fixings if you don't want a steak. But, the sirloin steak is to die for. The owner/main cook was at a Cuero establishment before coming home to operate his own business. On my way to Refugio last Friday, I seen that place in Cuero is now closed down. That place was always packed when we visited it.

Couple solid Mexican Resturants downtown area. One called Mi Terra and other LaCabana (awesome rita's, if you like one before heading to Bulldog Stadium).

Another place is called H&H Cafe, and they announced they will now be open after all home games, if you desire to grub after the game. And the food there is very good.

These are my fav local eatery's. Enjoy, and most importantly, safe travels.

Weitings is a great place to eat and you will not leave hungry.

Ranger354
09-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the food menu. The Wife and I will be riding with some folks early and we always try and eat before the games.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Sinton highlights vs TM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arbmti7g-kE

YTBulldogs
09-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the food menu. The Wife and I will be riding with some folks early and we always try and eat before the games.

No problem Ranger. Have a safe trip and let's hope for an entertaining game. I suspect we will. Sure wish my son would of had a chance to play on ya'lls amazing field just once.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Sinton highlights vs TM

Very well coached bunch, and #10 still makes me scratch my head. Two headed monster. Throws a good ball and to me, a more dangerous runner with tremendous readability to give the ball or keep it. Yoakum will have it's hand full for sure. But, so glad we increased our strength of schedule though. Including some tuffy's in our scrimmages. We will need to know our teams ability for sure heading into one of the state's best districts IMO. No Friday's off this season. Love it.

Ranger354
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I only find Weitings in Halletsville... Don't see one in Yoakum on the Internet ...

buff4ever
09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I expect this will be a close game. So I will pick yoakum our district foe. Go get em bulldogs.

FmrPirate14
09-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Should be a heck of a game..Former All State Sinton Pirate Ryan Ueckert is now coaching at Yoakum. Like to see how the Pirate faithful are gonna like that

pirate4state
09-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Sfia please clear out your inbox

YTBulldogs
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I only find Weitings in Halletsville... Don't see one in Yoakum on the Internet ...

It's a new opening, about 2 months old. The address is 614 Irvine Street. Phone # 361-293-6868. Enjoy!!!!

Ranger354
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
It's a new opening, about 2 months old. The address is 614 Irvine Street. Phone # 361-293-6868. Enjoy!!!!

Great thanks!!!!

FireGraig
09-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll take Sinton in a shoot out. I don't put too much stock in the "close" T-M game. Sinton's offense should be hard to stop this year.

Johnny Utah
09-02-2012, 04:55 PM
TM is no powerhouse!! Glad to see the Pirates stomp them. Yoakum is very well coached and so is Sinton. Should be a great game.

Vrabird
09-02-2012, 09:52 PM
If Sinton's offense can keep the ball out of Yoakem's hands and score plenty of points they will come home with a victory. The defense needs to tighten up a bit to win this game.

YTBulldogs
09-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Should be a heck of a game..Former All State Sinton Pirate Ryan Ueckert is now coaching at Yoakum. Like to see how the Pirate faithful are gonna like that

Great addition here and we love him. Awesome inspiration to the kids. Several newbies onboard this year. Ex-players from Bellville, Bandera and Cuero on staff now. They have the youngsters motivated for sure. Sometimes, new blood is all it takes.

ogg
09-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Yoakum should cruse this game.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Yoakum should cruse this game.

Trust me, this will be no cruise. Sinton DL has some great quickness, and their QB is top notch. More dangerous running the ball. OL gives him time to find a crossing WR based on what I seen of them on HUDL. Today, Yoakum had a descent practice and it was instilled numerous times by the coaches, Sinton is the real deal and they better execute better than they did last week in Columbus. Our new rookie QB, learned a lot vs. Columbus, and is back on track it appears after getting that first game jitters out of the way. He had them deer in the headlights look last week. He looked sharp today, and knows the game is a lot faster then his JV year. He'll be ok. Appears our secondary will play total zone coverage this week to help stop those passes over the middle. Sinton WR's have tremendous speed too, so--man to man, out the window they said. They are good at curl routes, then finding the soft spot. We'll have our hand's full when Sinton has the ball.

On Offense, if our OL makes and maintains their blocks, we should have some success moving the ball. Of course, when you fumble 5 times, losing three of them like against Columbus, that don't help you be successful regardless the blocking.

Still not sure of my predicted score. Will say I see more impressive actions by Sinton each time I watch them on HUDL. Well coached for sure. You stand around watching, your gonna be eating dirt. As, you should.

29-3aFAN
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
What's the word on Hights foot? How is it coming along?

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 12:32 PM
What's the word on Hights foot? How is it coming along?

Still out, hopefully return by district. Or, a possible season ending surgery (in 2 weeks) if swelling don't go down. What an exciting athlete (only a sophomore) to have go down, huh?

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Great thanks!!!!

Ranger, as you come from Cuero to Yoakum on 77A, just about a mile South of Yoakum, there will be a veer off towards the right. I think it's Loop 51. Take it, and it turns into Irvine Street about a mile on down. Come to the first stop light, and go through that light and Weitings Steakhouse will be the "reddish" colored building on your left, just past that light. I've been told, they will have several Friday Night Football Specials to pick from.

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Ranger, check your private messages. Spread the word via PM's to other Sinton fan's that might like to eat at Weitings prior to game.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Sinton offensive stats against Tuloso Midway from maxprep
Total yards
546 yds
Rushing
304 yds
Passing
242 yds

Passing
Tyler Handson 12 for 20, 242 yds, 1 td
Rushing
Keith Garcia 7 carries, 142 yds and 3 tds
Tyler Handson 12 carries, 134 yds and 2 tds
John Guzman 2 carries, 28 yards
Recieving
Derek Shedd 3 rec 68 yds 1 td
Eloy Estrada 3 rec 65 yds
Nick Zepeca 4 rec 57 yds
Tyler Kolb 2 rec 55 yds

SintonFan
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Sinton highlights vs TM

Won't let me watch. Says the video is private. :(

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Sinton offensive stats against Tuloso Midway from maxprep
Total yards
546 yds
Rushing
304 yds
Passing
242 yds

Passing
Tyler Handson 12 for 20, 242 yds, 1 td
Rushing
Keith Garcia 7 carries, 142 yds and 3 tds
Tyler Handson 12 carries, 134 yds and 2 tds
John Guzman 2 carries, 28 yards
Recieving
Derek Shedd 3 rec 68 yds 1 td
Eloy Estrada 3 rec 65 yds
Nick Zepeca 4 rec 57 yds
Tyler Kolb 2 rec 55 yds

Very, very impressive. :clap: Padilla might want to up his margin:

DISTRICT 26
Wimberley over Giddings by 1
Gonzales over Bastrop(4A) by 16
Marble Falls(4A) over Smithville by 4
Cuero over Victoria West(4A) by 20
Sinton over Yoakum by 9

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Very, very impressive. :clap: Padilla might want to up his margin:

DISTRICT 26
Wimberley over Giddings by 1
Gonzales over Bastrop(4A) by 16
Marble Falls(4A) over Smithville by 4
Cuero over Victoria West(4A) by 20
Sinton over Yoakum by 9He's not trusting our defense. sinton did give up a opening kickoff returned for a td and a last second td at the end of the game to ruin the win margin for last week. :)

It's going to be a long drive for me from Corpus, hope i make it in time. How's the stadium seating in visitor side?

YTBulldogs
09-03-2012, 11:34 PM
He's not trusting our defense. sinton did give up a opening kickoff returned for a td and a last second td at the end of the game to ruin the win margin for last week. :)

It's going to be a long drive for me from Corpus, hope i make it in time. How's the stadium seating in visitor side?

Good.

Ranger354
09-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the directions and info on food. We generally leave early to be at the field a hour or so before game time. So it just depends what time we get away from Sinton and if everyone wants to eat before or after the game. We need to leave town by 3:30 or so to get it all done before the game, so we shall see! Maybe a Whatabuger on the way home!!!!

Phil C
09-04-2012, 12:13 PM
About 20 years ago I passed through Yoakum on my way to Sinton on a late summer day. Across the high school on a vacant lot I saw a group of teams that had boys and girls, blacks, whites and hispanic playing touch football. I only saw them briefly as I passed on by on my way home. They would all probably be in their mid 30s now. I always wonder what happened to them. Maybe they stayed and worked in Yoakum, maybe they moved away to work, some may have gone to college. I guess sometimes mystery must be endured as we go through life.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Phil, I'm sure some stayed here and some moved away. Maybe their kid's will be playing this Friday against your talented Pirates?

BigGreen61
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
YTB no predictions yet bud? You scared? All that talent you say yal got over there. Iam taking sinton by 2td until yoakum fix there QB struggles

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Just one more stat on Sinton, since going 1-9 in Tom Allen 1st season, the Pirates are 38-2 in regular season since 2008.

Looking forward to a good exciting game against Yoakum.

FireGraig
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
More I think about it, Sinton by 14. Garcia is a stud! Handson is vastly improved, and Sinton tends to only get better week to week.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
YTB no predictions yet bud? You scared? All that talent you say yal got over there. Iam taking sinton by 2td until yoakum fix there QB struggles

I counted your prediction already against us BG61. If you read my post's, I said I wanted to see our practices before making my prediction. I'll make one tomorrow night cause I base a lot on our Weds practices. Monday and Tuesday have been solid, lot's of hustle and I think a productive game plan is coming together. Sinton is solid. Sinton is no Victoria West or South, whoever ya'll are playing, for sure. LOL. We have our hands full for our home opener. Hermes will be fine getting his first varsity game under his belt. But, we fumble 5 times like we did against Columbus, we don't stand a chance. Hermes actually played a descent game, except one fumble.

Ranger354
09-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Since I haven't seen Yoakum play I say they make a game of it. This may be one of those crazy games that ends up with the last one with the ball wins... Then again maybe not! The Sinton D performed well last week and will get better. if the Offense is hitting on all cylinders.... Look Out!

YTBulldogs
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I know one thing Ranger, #10 will get his yardage for Sinton. Tremendous QB IMO and the offensive revolves around him, period. Yoakum must prevent the long play, and it appears we will be using a safety/CB blitz nearly every play (something we added to contain this guy) on him to try and control him, and make him throw before sitting up. He'll pick you apart if given time for sure. Thus, our LB, which we are blessed with quick fast ones, better pick up the vacated secondary player spot who is blitzing.

Yoakum offense, I think will be able to move the ball. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like last week, we can sustain some long drives. We are not a strike fast type offense. The OL is still a work in process and some who started last week, might find themselves on the bench or play time reduced if they don't step up like they are capable of doing. This team, when all is said and done, will go as far as that line takes them. They are talented, just got to get that nasty attitude instilled and take it to the defense.

BG61 mentioned our QB issues. We have no issues here. Zero. Junior Chase Hermes is our QB, and he is a quality young QB, who had them first varsity game jitters last week and at time forgot his proper throwing mechanics. Plus, some of our talented WR's dropped some balls for him to, which didn't help. Bottom line, we stunk last week, and still won against a above average football team, even with 5 fumbles.

I see Yoakum clicking this Friday at home. We have speed, 5 or 6 ball carriers we use a game, 4 quality WR's and a super fast defensive unit. If you kick to our return men, it could be returned for a TD. Very aggressive in setting up return lanes this year and taking advantage of those skilled players we have back deep. I see those corner/safety blitzes getting to the QB for some sacks or forcing him to make some errant throws. Close game,

Yoakum wins, 28-21.

regaleagle
09-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I'd like to see the Yoakum Bulldogs win this one. I'm kinda partial to that neck o' the woods since I grew up down the road in Goliad and we used to play em all the time. Besides, my cousin is the pastor of the Baptist Church there, his kids played there, and YT would be in football heaven if they win this one.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd like to see the Yoakum Bulldogs win this one. I'm kinda partial to that neck o' the woods since I grew up down the road in Goliad and we used to play em all the time. Besides, my cousin is the pastor of the Baptist Church there, his kids played there, and YT would be in football heaven if they win this one.

Thanks regal, truth be known, I'd be in heaven if they just played to their potential, win or lose here. But, a win against a premiere talented program like Sinton would be awesome. We'll have to earn it, that's for sure.

txsportswriter
09-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm going with YT on this one... 28-21 Yoakum... Don't agree with the 0 issues at QB however. Hermes has mechanical issues and still needs to prove himself in a varsity game. Needs to be more consistent. No doubt he looks good in practice, but practices and games are very different. But, I do think he can get better. He has shown signs of excellence. I think he needs to relax and just play the game. I think he over analyzes things and just tries to hard. He has some great receivers to work with and sometimes, great receivers can make a QB look great. He also needs to learn to become more of a leader. I don't care what grade you're in, if you're the QB, you need to be a leader. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we can get average play from our OL and QB, we'll win a lot of games. If either or both of those struggle and can't get the job done, then we'll be in for a long season. I do believe that Hermes will get it going after a few games and the OL will gel as the season progresses. The Herald-Times Crystal Ball predicted a 9-1 season for the Bulldogs and that could become a reality if we decide to get after it and play up to our potential, but I see more of a 7-3 season myself. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

bigcat8
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Good news for y'all YTB. he also picked the vic city boys by 2 td's at GZ. Good luck to the dawgs!

pirate4state
09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Well it's Wednesday and I still think the Pirates will win a close game! :D :wave:

Not looking forward to the drive :sleeping:

sinfan75
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Sinton don't play teams from the north very good. So I gotta go with Yoakum 28-17.

Just jokin! Sinton 35-21

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Sinton don't play teams from the north very good. So I gotta go with Yoakum 28-17.

Just jokin! Sinton 35-21 WHEW! almost got me :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I know one thing Ranger, #10 will get his yardage for Sinton. Tremendous QB IMO and the offensive revolves around him, period. Yoakum must prevent the long play, and it appears we will be using a safety/CB blitz nearly every play (something we added to contain this guy) on him to try and control him, and make him throw before sitting up. He'll pick you apart if given time for sure. Thus, our LB, which we are blessed with quick fast ones, better pick up the vacated secondary player spot who is blitzing.

Yoakum offense, I think will be able to move the ball. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like last week, we can sustain some long drives. We are not a strike fast type offense. The OL is still a work in process and some who started last week, might find themselves on the bench or play time reduced if they don't step up like they are capable of doing. This team, when all is said and done, will go as far as that line takes them. They are talented, just got to get that nasty attitude instilled and take it to the defense.

BG61 mentioned our QB issues. We have no issues here. Zero. Junior Chase Hermes is our QB, and he is a quality young QB, who had them first varsity game jitters last week and at time forgot his proper throwing mechanics. Plus, some of our talented WR's dropped some balls for him to, which didn't help. Bottom line, we stunk last week, and still won against a above average football team, even with 5 fumbles.

I see Yoakum clicking this Friday at home. We have speed, 5 or 6 ball carriers we use a game, 4 quality WR's and a super fast defensive unit. If you kick to our return men, it could be returned for a TD. Very aggressive in setting up return lanes this year and taking advantage of those skilled players we have back deep. I see those corner/safety blitzes getting to the QB for some sacks or forcing him to make some errant throws. Close game,

Yoakum wins, 28-21.Could be another big game by Keith Garcia. Kickoff return,punt return, rb or on defense he's a threat to score when he has the ball :)

YTBulldogs
09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Boy you got that right SF in Austin. All week at practice, coaches drilled into kickers/punters head---STAY AWAY FROM GARCIA!!!!! Kick the damn thing OOB if you have to. But, you know kids, we'll punt or kick it to him on accident, and we'll pay for it.

Yes, returns in this game will be the most exciting "IF" they occur by either team.

Be safe on the drive up Sinton. See ya Friday.

YTBulldogs
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Well it's Wednesday and I still think the Pirates will win a close game! :D :wave:

Not looking forward to the drive :sleeping:
Drive ain't that bad. 1 1/2 hrs, couple Whatburgers if ya need a ice cream, pee break, and your here. I loved my journey to Sinton last year for the Devine/Wharton game. Great community that certainly has pride in their team.

Must once again give an "that-a-boy" credit to the Sinton folks that hosted that game. Most friendly, helpful bunch at all the playoff games I attended all the way to Dallas and the state games. Great job!!!!

YTBulldogs
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Good news for y'all YTB. he also picked the vic city boys by 2 td's at GZ. Good luck to the dawgs!

I think Clem's back on the booze.:vrycnfsd:

GZ will destroy Victoria, even if they had one school.

YTBulldogs
09-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm going with YT on this one... 28-21 Yoakum... Don't agree with the 0 issues at QB however. Hermes has mechanical issues and still needs to prove himself in a varsity game. Needs to be more consistent. No doubt he looks good in practice, but practices and games are very different. But, I do think he can get better. He has shown signs of excellence. I think he needs to relax and just play the game. I think he over analyzes things and just tries to hard. He has some great receivers to work with and sometimes, great receivers can make a QB look great. He also needs to learn to become more of a leader. I don't care what grade you're in, if you're the QB, you need to be a leader. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we can get average play from our OL and QB, we'll win a lot of games. If either or both of those struggle and can't get the job done, then we'll be in for a long season. I do believe that Hermes will get it going after a few games and the OL will gel as the season progresses. The Herald-Times Crystal Ball predicted a 9-1 season for the Bulldogs and that could become a reality if we decide to get after it and play up to our potential, but I see more of a 7-3 season myself. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

Chase is my man. He'll be fine. And, I'd let him carry (and tell him to hang onto it) the first play of the game. He loves contact, and it will relax him. He is a solid reader too, to give or not the rock to the RB's. Hell, it's his 2nd varsity game. I think those feet work mechanics return, but--that throwing (shot putting it) I don't know about. That might take a while. Bad habits are hard to break. No picks last week, Chase will be fine. Yes, he needs to lead that offense. I agree 100%. Seniors will not, so--the young QB needs to.

garciap77
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Go Pirates!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/crazy_frog_pirate.gif

pirate4state
09-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks!

I'm sure we'll he able to say the same.
Drive ain't that bad. 1 1/2 hrs, couple Whatburgers if ya need a ice cream, pee break, and your here. I loved my journey to Sinton last year for the Devine/Wharton game. Great community that certainly has pride in their team.

Must once again give an "that-a-boy" credit to the Sinton folks that hosted that game. Most friendly, helpful bunch at all the playoff games I attended all the way to Dallas and the state games. Great job!!!!

YTBulldogs
09-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Bad part about our stadium P4S (besides no field turf like ya'lls:weeping:), is the restroom facilities on the visitors side. Finally got running water this year. Kidding:D. Kinda small and not as nice as the home side. But, your more than welcome to use the home side if need be.

Can't wait for this one. :1popcorn:

BigGreen61
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I think Clem's back on the booze.:vrycnfsd:

GZ will destroy Victoria, even if they had one school.
YTB Iam a non drinker. But all you do is get on here & blow hot air to get info to take back to ur coaches. It's not going to help ur team this year I can gurarantee that.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2012, 09:02 AM
YTB Iam a non drinker. But all you do is get on here & blow hot air to get info to take back to ur coaches. It's not going to help ur team this year I can gurarantee that.

LOL. Like we don't have scout coaches and they need me to garner info. We ain't that backwoods over here in Yoakum.:tisk: Like I said, we got running water now in the visitors restroom at the D O G H O U S E.

Not sure about the hot air comment too. Show me where I have slammed a team? Especially your Gobbler's over the year's I've been on 3ADL? Show me one? It's called having respect, unlike you.

1st and goal
09-06-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm thinking this game is going to come down to the wire. The winner will be the team that is best conditioned to the heat and has the least amount of players playing both sides of the ball.

pancho villa
09-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking this game is going to come down to the wire. The winner will be the team that is best conditioned to the heat and has the least amount of players playing both sides of the ball.

No it's not! It is going to be the team that scores the most points. What do they teach y'all down there?

pancho villa
09-06-2012, 09:34 AM

You are an Aggie arn't you.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2012, 09:54 AM
M&G Sinton-Yoakum Game

Will be at half-time. Along fence, down by flag pole, opposite the scoreboard end. See ya there!!!!

txsportswriter
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Y'all crack me up!!!!!!!

lol. Like we don't have scout coaches and they need me to garner info. We ain't that backwoods over here in yoakum.:tisk: Like i said, we got running water now in the visitors restroom at the d o g h o u s e.

Not sure about the hot air comment too. Show me where i have slammed a team? Especially your gobbler's over the year's i've been on 3adl? Show me one? It's called having respect, unlike you.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Ranger, I sent you the info (PM) and my cell# should you need further assistance when ya'll arrive to set-up. Safe travels.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Y'all crack me up!!!!!!!

Kid's:inlove:

pirate4state
09-06-2012, 11:56 AM
M&G Sinton-Yoakum Game

Will be at half-time. Along fence, down by flag pole, opposite the scoreboard end. See ya there!!!!

My M&G days are over, but yall have fun! :wave:

FmrPirate14
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Sinton 35
Yoakum 21

Goodluck to both teams

29-3aFAN
09-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Sinton 35
Yoakum 21

Goodluck to both teams

Thats my prediction too. Hope its wrong and goes the other way.

garza0
09-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Im going for Yoakum!

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
I'll take Yoakum by 7

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
You are an Aggie arn't you.

Aggie Fan yes, and I know good Tex/Mex food when I see it...Ain't you supposed to be eating a dam big taquito about right now?

Phil C
09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Sinton 22 Yoakum 20 in a good close game. Yoakum scores last and goes for 2 points to send the game to OT but the Sinton defense holds. Sorry I can't make the game but hopefully next year I can meet some of the Yoakum friends at the Meet and Greet in Sinton.

BigGreen61
09-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Kid's:inlove:
Kids Really! I Think you miss throwing ur yellow flag bud. Good luck until yal play is us

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Kids Really! I Think you miss throwing ur yellow flag bud. Good luck until yal play is us

Yes I miss calling on Friday's for sure BG61. But, the past 2 years watching Jake is priceless and the most fun I've had ever. Calling Thursday's still keep's that officiating fix going. Good luck to your Gob's as well tonight. Look for your son (one of the best OL'ers in state IMO). I see ya'll winning BIG.

RiverRat19
09-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Pirates by single digits... Could be a high scoring affair (50+ points) as both sides have dudes who can go on O...

SintonFan
09-07-2012, 11:03 AM
No prediction. But I bet it's gonna be a good game. Any word on webcasts or radio stations that might carry the game?

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
No prediction. But I bet it's gonna be a good game. Any word on webcasts or radio stations that might carry the game?

Yoakum to air it on:

http://tunein.com/radio/Texas-Thunder-Radio-925-s26647/

Suppose to.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Go Pirates!!!!!!

garciap77
09-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Go Pirates!!!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/thpirateshipsmilies.gif

Good Luck!!!

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Lord it's hot today. 103 degrees currently at 4:15PM. Thank goodness we are playing on grass. I liked to died yesterday calling three games on LaVernia field turf. Dog's are in shape, but--not surprised to see players going out with cramps on both sides.

Epicpirates
09-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I look for the Pirates to take this one. Lots of shining stars last week, so good luck trying to figure out who to zero in on. Our boys are even better in the second half! Go Pirates! :clap:

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I look for the Pirates to take this one. Lots of shining stars last week, so good luck trying to figure out who to zero in on. Our boys are even better in the second half! Go Pirates! :clap:

Ya'll sure do have star's all over the field. I'll give you that. Great team.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Having 7-8 returners on both sides of the ball sure is nice, huh?

txsportswriter
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Thats my prediction too. Hope its wrong and goes the other way.

COME ON DC!!!! We'll change your view on the 'Dogs tonight :)

txsportswriter
09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Yoakum to air it on:

http://tunein.com/radio/Texas-Thunder-Radio-925-s26647/

Suppose to.

NO SIR... Texas Thunder only covers out of town Yoakum games. Sorry folks. Unless Sinton has a radio station covering the game.

txsportswriter
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
T-minus 2 hours until kickoff. Sure hope the Yoakum faithful pack the house tonight. I predicted a score of 28-21 the other day with Yoakum winning and have since changed that prognostication since dissecting the Sinton video more and getting a better pulse from the Bulldog players during the week. Everyone may be shocked at this one, but I see the 'Dogs pulling it out 41-20. The offense will be clicking tonight and our defense will be tenacious. Not to mention the great field position our special teams will give us. Of course, we're talking about 16-18 year old young men here, so anything is possible. Let's just hope I'm not eating crow after this one. GO BULLDOGS!!!! PROVE ME RIGHT!!!!!

RELENTLESS!!!!!
FINISH!!!!!

SintonFan
09-07-2012, 06:28 PM
T-minus 2 hours until kickoff. Sure hope the Yoakum faithful pack the house tonight. I predicted a score of 28-21 the other day with Yoakum winning and have since changed that prognostication since dissecting the Sinton video more and getting a better pulse from the Bulldog players during the week. Everyone may be shocked at this one, but I see the 'Dogs pulling it out 41-20. The offense will be clicking tonight and our defense will be tenacious. Not to mention the great field position our special teams will give us. Of course, we're talking about 16-18 year old young men here, so anything is possible. Let's just hope I'm not eating crow after this one. GO BULLDOGS!!!! PROVE ME RIGHT!!!!!

RELENTLESS!!!!!
FINISH!!!!!

I may not like that prediction, but I like your Spirit. ;)

GO PIRATES!!!!

FmrPirate14
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
7-7 with 2 min left in the 1st

FireGraig
09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Keep the updates coming! Should be a good one.

FmrPirate14
09-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Sinton scores again and D holds Sintons ball again on the 12

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2012, 08:14 PM
End of 1st
Sinton 13 Yoakum 7

Handson with a long td pass to Shedd

Yoakum goes 3 and punt and Sinton at their own 26 after a 1st down

FmrPirate14
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Yoakum missed field goal

FmrPirate14
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Yoakum scores! 14-13

FmrPirate14
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Halftime 14-13 Yoakum on top

sinfan75
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Update?

sinfan75
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
21-13 Yoakum 3rd Qtr

sinfan75
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Yoakum 34
Sinton 20
Final

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Final:

Yoakum 34
Sinton 20

Great win Dogs, still have some improvements to do. Yoakum ran the ball very well. OL did an outstanding job all night. We must stop turning it over. Set up 2 of the Pirates TD's. Good luck Sinton. You have a solid, very respectful club.

Guess you can say we threw it well too, with a couple long TD passes. Hermes regrouped and had a great game at QB.

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Congrats Yoakum!

regaleagle
09-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Good night for the Yoakum Bulldogs!!! Sounds like your Bulldogs are for real, YT.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Good night for the Yoakum Bulldogs!!! Sounds like your Bulldogs are for real, YT.

They are coming around. Each week, better than the prior.

44INAROW
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
They are coming around. Each week, better than the prior.

Congrats to the Bulldogs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Good showing by the Bulldogs against a tough Sinton team. District 26 is going to be a test for every team every week.

29-3aFAN
09-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Hell of a game Dogs!!

SintonFan
09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Final:

Yoakum 34
Sinton 20

Great win Dogs, still have some improvements to do. Yoakum ran the ball very well. OL did an outstanding job all night. We must stop turning it over. Set up 2 of the Pirates TD's. Good luck Sinton. You have a solid, very respectful club.

Guess you can say we threw it well too, with a couple long TD passes. Hermes regrouped and had a great game at QB.

Was it 34-20 or 34-13?
No matter. Yall won convincingly.
Seems your team is pretty good and getting better. Congratulations Yoakum on the win!
Pirates... what is the deal with "Bulldogs" beating us regularly?
Again, no matter. lol
Get better Pirates, each and every week, and kick some A$$!!!

txsportswriter
09-08-2012, 12:04 AM
I may not like that prediction, but I like your Spirit. ;)

GO PIRATES!!!!

I almost nailed it. If we wouldn't have went into victory formation inside the 10-yard line in the last minute, I would have had it (41-20) right on the money.... No crow tonight! Way to go Dogs!
Hallettsville will be tough next week and it looks like District 26-3A is going to be VERY salty this year!

SintonFan
09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I almost nailed it. If we wouldn't have went into victory formation inside the 10-yard line in the last minute, I would have had it (41-20) right on the money.... No crow tonight! Way to go Dogs!
Hallettsville will be tough next week and it looks like District 26-3A is going to be VERY salty this year!

You might have noticed I didn't predict a score. Still, good win by Yoakum. :)

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Congrats Dogs. Agree on salty district.

pirate4state
09-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Very disappointing showing tonight. We are certainly capable of playing a lot better.

Yoakum even with miscues played well and will give plenty of teams fits.

Congrats on a well fought game. Very friendly gate people. Love it when everyone can act civil.

Our guys got a very rude wake up call. It could turn out to be just what we needed. Still sucks ;-)

SintonFan
09-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Very disappointing showing tonight. We are certainly capable of playing a lot better.

Yoakum even with miscues played well and will give plenty of teams fits.

Congrats on a well fought game. Very friendly gate people. Love it when everyone can act civil.

Our guys got a very rude wake up call. It could turn out to be just what we needed. Still sucks ;-)

Better sooner than later. ;)

Ranger354
09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I would like to see the stats. Never seen so many over thrown balls by a Sinton QB. that little swing pass to the flat worked well for the Bull dogs. And very solid running up the middle. Sinton seemed out of it from the get go. One of Sinton's top players sitting on the sideline as well????? Still don't know what that was about? It was a good game and all of the Yoakum folks were very nice! Thanks again for the hospitality. darn nice steak at Weitings too!!!

txsportswriter
09-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Final Stats in this one....
Sinton 13 0 0 7 -- 20
Yoakum 7 7 13 7 -- 34

• Sinton 1st 11:50 Roland Rodriguez, 24-yd fumble return Baldemar Martinez EPK 7-0
• Yoakum 1st 2:02 Myron Hights, 7-yd run Reagan Jacobs EPK 7-7
• Sinton 1st 0:16 Derek Shedd, 49-yd pass from Tyler Handson EPK no good 13-7
• Yoakum 2nd 3:48 Terrance Hall, 12-yd run Jacobs EPK 14-13
• Yoakum 3rd 7:10 TJ Hights, 69-yd pass from Chase Hermes Jacobs EPK 21-13
• Yoakum 3rd 2:38 Keith Ratley, 70-yd pass from Hermes EPK no good 27-13
• Yoakum 4th 7:21 Ratley, 23-yd pass from Hermes Jacobs EPK 34-13
• Sinton 4th 3:17 John Gabriel Garcia, 1-yd run Garcia EPK 20-34

YOAKUM SINTON
21 First Downs 17
42-228 Rushes/Yds 29-127
216 Passing Yds 163
7-16-0 Comp/Att/Int 9-30-1
58-444 Total Plays/Yds 59-290
2-2 Fumbles/Lost 3-2
2-54 Punts/Yds 4-114
12-106 Penalties/Yds 6-37

Yoakum Individual Statistics
RUSHING: Chase Hermes, 11-77; Myron Hights, 9-53 (1 TD); Reagan Jacobs, 7-36; Terrance Hall, 6-28 (1 TD); Blake McCracken, 4-19; Braden Drozd, 2-6; Devante Price, 2-5; Timmy Blakeney, 1-4.
PASSING: Hermes, 7-16-216-0 (3 TDs)
RECEIVING: TJ Hights, 4-119 (1 TD); Keith Ratley, 2-93 (2 TDs); Jacobs, 1-4.
KICKOFF RETURNS: Ratley, 1-14; Blakeney, 1-12.
PUNT RETURNS: Blakeney, 1-10; Ratley, 1-7.
INTERCEPTION: Braden Drozd (6 yd return)
FUMBLE RECOVERIES: Drozd, Rico Perry

Sinton Individual Statistics
RUSHING: Tyler Handson, 16-65; John Gabriel Guzman, 10-48; Nick Zepeda, 2-11; Tyler Kolb, 1-3.
PASSING: Handson, 9-30-163-1 (1 TD)
RECEIVING: Derek Shedd, 2-76; Guzman, 3-38; Eloy Estrada, 2-23; Zepeda, 1-19; Kolb, 1-7.
KICKOFF RETURNS: Shedd, 2-24; Colton Cohea, 1-15; Chris Rios, 1-10; C.J. Zepeda, 1-2.
PUNT RETURNS: None.
FUMBLE RECOVERIES: Roland Rodriguez (23 yd TD return); Andrew Mercier.

Sinton (1-1) at Rio Hondo (1-1) next week
Yoakum (2-0) hosts Hallettsville (2-0) next week

buff4ever
09-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Good job bulldogs, nice win. I posted a thread saying our district is 10-2 so far, I think that's awesome stuff.

Ranger354
09-08-2012, 01:45 AM
While down in the endzone you could see a significant crown on the field for drainage purposes. I wonder what the difference in elevation is from the middle of that field to each side line. Looked like three feet difference in height. The old Texas Stadium (cowboys) had a crown on it like that for drainage. Used to give the opossing QBs heck. 9 of 30 with a pick. Not one of Tyler's better nights for sure. But those young men never gave up.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Garcia was out for this game, hopefully he returns next week, might had change this game a bit early on with him in there offensviely. Sinton hasn't been able stop the running game between the tackles so far in two games so an area that hopefully improves through out the season. Rest of the unit shows some speed but have to give credit to Yoakum with some good play calling and their players executing it. Sinton struggled to stop them consistantly to force some punts.

Yoakum can clean up their turnovers at times on offense, they have a pretty good offensive unit to make some noise in their distrcit. QB made a great throw i think it was in the 4th qtr that i didn't think he could throw it that deep and threw a strike to reciever on stride. Good potential in Yoakum's team to be a solid group this season.

YTBulldogs
09-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I would like to see the stats. Never seen so many over thrown balls by a Sinton QB. that little swing pass to the flat worked well for the Bull dogs. And very solid running up the middle. Sinton seemed out of it from the get go. One of Sinton's top players sitting on the sideline as well????? Still don't know what that was about? It was a good game and all of the Yoakum folks were very nice! Thanks again for the hospitality. darn nice steak at Weitings too!!!

Glad you liked Weitings Ranger. Pleasure meeting you too. Sinton will bounce back quickly. Great looking athletes there for sure. Yes, the middle of your "D" was a targeted area. I see ya'll getting that shored up. Credit to Dogs OL, they were determined to finish off drives tonight.