PDA

View Full Version : WC/Needville

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
WC comes off a dominant performance beating Bport 58-31 in a game where they led 44-17 at halftime.

Roughnecks could have made this one a little worse of they would've wanted to IMO.

Needville however is coming off a 35-7 loss to 2A Edna.

Im 100% sure this game will be over by halftime. Im expecting a score of like 60-14

Roughneck93
09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
This one will get ugly for Needville.

A lot of the youngsters/backups will get plenty of reps next Friday.

rancher
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Roughnecks will b---h slap the blue jays in a big way in this one. This will be another nail in the coffin of the Needville's head coach at the end of the season.

bobcat04
09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Needville still rebuilding, Roughnecks are for real! Will be over early but jays will play hard the entire game.

CTS
09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
In my opinion with the success West Columbia has enjoyed recently, they should have put together a more challenging non-district schedule. I think this could definitely hurt them come playoff time. I'm not saying go overboard and put down what LM did, but I think a couple of tough games against 4A teams would have served them well.

Just my opinion

WC/LG92
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
In my opinion with the success West Columbia has enjoyed recently, they should have put together a more challenging non-district schedule. I think this could definitely hurt them come playoff time. I'm not saying go overboard and put down what LM did, but I think a couple of tough games against 4A teams would have served them well.

Just my opinion

I'm sorry...I didn't know WC is facing "challenging non-district 4A teams" when they commence their play off run?

Texas City is your only good 4A team you're facing. Others...on the downfall.

...Need to be worried about that 8/4 Turnover Ratio.

...Need to be worried about that 5.1 Rush Ave. vs Texas City's newly installed Defense

"Just my opinion"

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Everyone said the same thing the last 2 years and the necks did just fine. The sweeny and LM games will prepare WC fine for the playoffs :)

CTS
09-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry...I didn't know WC is facing "challenging non-district 4A teams" when they commence their play off run?

Texas City is your only good 4A team you're facing. Others...on the downfall.

...Need to be worried about that 8/4 Turnover Ratio.

...Need to be worried about that 5.1 Rush Ave. vs Texas City's newly installed Defense

"Just my opinion"

Didn't know I would strike such a nerve. Easy tiger.

As soon as I'm asked to gameplan by the staff I'll get right on worrying about the newly installed defense at TC. Until then I'll sit back like you and enjoy the games week by week.

WC/LG92
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Didn't know I would strike such a nerve. Easy tiger.

As soon as I'm asked to gameplan by the staff I'll get right on worrying about the newly installed defense at TC. Until then I'll sit back like you and enjoy the games week by week.

Ha...people who qualify themselves...awesome. We don't need to know how you game plan...just say you're a coach or some assistant...or a great molder of young men (let's hope for the latter)

No nerves struck...and its a LEOPARD...not a Tiger boss.

CTS
09-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Ha...people who qualify themselves...awesome. We don't need to know how you game plan...just say you're a coach or some assistant...or a great molder of young men (let's hope for the latter)

No nerves struck...and its a LEOPARD...not a Tiger boss.

Just as awesome as some grand poster who qualifies and quantifies in an effort to compensate.

Right back at ya leopard. Might wanna hit up the helmet project and complete your awesome collection of helmets. Looks like you're missing one. You might wanna go on a grand hunt to find a replica of your junior high and pee wee helmets to complete your awesome collection.

It has been a true pleasure boss.

Roughneck93
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Game preview from The Facts...

Roughnecks focusing on less turnovers

By ALEX YBARRA | Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:00 am
WEST COLUMBIA — A team that knows its strengths and doesn’t drift from them, the Columbia Roughnecks might be headed for another strong season.
Columbia showed no signs of trouble in a 58-31 win over Brazosport last week, with the majority of its scoring coming by way of special teams and the running game. Floyd Bess carried the ball 19 times for 173 yards and two touchdowns, while quarterback Willis Johnson and running back Broderick Thomas combined for 152 yards and another three scores on 21 touches.
When it was all over, Columbia had 415 total yards.

It was a display that looked a lot like the Columbia of old, just substitute Johnson and Thomas for graduated seniors Treylon Johnican and Sean Flannel. It’s a good bet the formula of smashmouth football stays the same at Needville at 7:30 p.m. Friday.

But there’s still work to be done.

“I think offensively we moved the ball at times, obviously the biggest concern I had was the number of turnovers we had,” Columbia coach Randy Lynch said, referring to three first-half turnovers against Brazosport. “You just can’t turn the ball over because it will come back to get you.”

The Bluejays (0-1), now in District 25-3A, opened up the season with a 35-7 loss at Edna on Friday, rushing for a total of 191 yards, although it came on 47 carries, an average of 4.06 yards per attempt.

Needville quarterback Brent Buzek completed 3-of-6 passes for 18 yards with one interception. Although it might look worse, Needville trailed 7-0 late in the third quarter against Edna, so Lynch isn’t going to let his team overlook the Blue Jays.

“Needville is another challenge for us,” he said. “They’re a young team. They’re trying to find their identity.”

Columbia has done a good job of that, using all three phases of the game to dominate opponents. But there will be a small change on offense Friday, as the ’Necks will have Darius Bell and Johnson sharing the quarterback duties.

Special teams came up with several crucial touchdowns against the Exporters, including kickoff returns of 85 yards and 97 yards from Bess and LaMarquis Fields, respectively. That can alleviate some of the pressure on offense.

“Coach Jake Carr does such a great job with our kickoff return,” Lynch said. “The fact we returned two kickoffs and had a third one called back, we try to emphasize our special teams.”

An old district foe for Columbia (1-0), Needville went 1-9 last season and 1-3 in District 29-3A after head coach Ryan Roark departed for Angleton in the spring of 2011.

Since Roark’s been gone, Needville has gone 1-10 under coach Jamie Valentine, but this year’s team is more experienced, returning four starters on offense and nine on defense. It’s a defense that will have its hands full against Columbia come Friday, especially if Lynch gets his team to improve after a few mistakes against Brazosport.

“I believe the linemen grew up a little bit,” he said. “There were a few times we executed well, and obviously there’s some work to be that still needs to be done.”

http://thefacts.com/sports/article_c6cf2196-f7db-11e1-9952-001a4bcf887a.html

CTS
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Good post Roughneck. Great info.

Roughneck93
09-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Good post Roughneck. Great info.

:thumbsup: