PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Melissa up set alert

orange machine
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Celina and Melissa will kick off tonight in Allen at 7:30 and the Bobcats need to stay grounded and remember they are playing a defending state title winner. After some of the big dogs went down last night Celina needs to be humble and leave it on the field because Melissa will be ready.

Bosqueville
09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Celina and Melissa will kick off tonight in Allen at 7:30 and the Bobcats need to stay grounded and remember they are playing a defending state title winner. After some of the big dogs went down last night Celina needs to be humble and leave it on the field because Melissa will be ready.

After last night it wouldn't surprise me! But really think Celina cruises.

JJWalker
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
After last night it wouldn't surprise me! But really think Celina cruises.

Melissa doesn't roll over and let the Bobcats rub their bird bellies. Nice stadium to play in.

garciap77
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Why are you guys playing girls?;)

P.S. Good luck!!! And beat them Cardinals!:cheerl:

hollywood
09-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Updates?

orange machine
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
3 - 0 Melissa
Celina is playing very flat. Celina already has like 6 penalties.

orange machine
09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Celina offense looks like they are in slow,motion.

toddg
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
the Celina broadcast guys are cracking me up!

toddg
09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
touchdown Melissa..10-0

hollywood
09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
the Celina broadcast guys are cracking me up!

What's the link?

lbjacj
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
What's the link?

Please post updates

toddg
09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
What's the link?

www.homeofthebobcats.com (http://www.homeofthebobcats.com)

orange machine
09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Celina has no answer they don't look good right now. Celina is running the spread this year and it looks bad. They need to get back to smash mouth.

hollywood
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM
www.homeofthebobcats.com (http://www.homeofthebobcats.com)

Awesome thanks!

toddg
09-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Celina has no answer they don't look good right now. Celina is running the spread this year and it looks bad. They need to get back to smash mouth.

when i think of Celina, i think smashmouth power run game..its weird hearing twins on both sides

garciap77
09-01-2012, 08:38 PM
touchdown Melissa..10-0

What the ............ :(

lbjacj
09-01-2012, 08:38 PM
score?

toddg
09-01-2012, 08:45 PM
score?

melissa 10
celina 0 halftime

CHS_89
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Totally unexpected. I thought Celina would be ready for this game and in good form. Lots of work to do! Hats off to Melissa. They have played a good game so far.

charlesrixey
09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Totally unexpected. I thought Celina would be ready for this game and in good form. Lots of work to do! Hats off to Melissa. They have played a good game so far.
Score update?

regaleagle
09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
The Celina broadcast team is really laid-back at this point. The game I'm hearing about sounds like Celina is very lethargic and mistake-prone, having problems in both the running and passing games. Just gave up a safety by downing the ball short on a pass from deep in their own end and now must punt it to Melissa. So far, not too impressive a showing for the Bobcats. Now 12-0 Melissa.

bobcat1
09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
13-12 Celina takes the lead. End of the 3rd.

regaleagle
09-01-2012, 10:05 PM
How did Celina score twice in so short a time? I posted only 7 mins. ago, and that's alot less on a game clock. Celina had to have scored twice in about 2-3 mins. LOL.

bobcat1
09-01-2012, 10:11 PM
When the safety happened, it was 10-7.

bobcat1
09-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Melissa scores a TD with 7 seconds left in the game. The put a drive together in the second half when they had to. Melissa up 18-13 and will win. Congrats to them for a great defensive game.

Bosqueville
09-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Wow!!

rb585
09-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Melissa 18-13 Final!

regaleagle
09-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Looks like Celina has some work to do just like alot of other teams, Argyle included. Didn't see the game, only listened off and on to it, so I have no other comments to make.

orange machine
09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Well I've never had an issue talking and I won't here. Celina ia trying to implement the spread and it was ugly. Celinas defense is good but the offense needs a ton of work.

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Tell us more about Melissa. I remember someone (someone who should know) commenting that they graduated the house last spring.

orange machine
09-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Melissa is got a decent team not real big and not much depth, but good enough to beat up Celina.

toddg
09-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Well I've never had an issue talking and I won't here. Celina ia trying to implement the spread and it was ugly. Celinas defense is good but the offense needs a ton of work.

thats what non-district is for..im sure they will get a handle on it.

CMETILT
09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Different head coach, same old terrible offensive play calling. Roll out pass left, Roll out pass right, QB draw, quick kick for 13 yards.. Absolutely awful. I don't think Elliot has any idea how to call plays. Flooding a zone with 3 receivers time after time, especially with a young QB, will only get you incompletions, turnovers, and penalties.

That was probably the worst offensive performance I've seen, for Celina, in the last 8 years.

Hey Bill, use your son's great talent by allowing him to drop back and throw passes across the middle. Give him more options that 1/4 of the field.

Great win for Melissa. Their QB and RB's are pretty good. They should do well this year.

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Different head coach, same old terrible offensive play calling. Roll out pass left, Roll out pass right, QB draw, quick kick for 13 yards.. Absolutely awful. I don't think Elliot has any idea how to call plays. Flooding a zone with 3 receivers time after time, especially with a young QB, will only get you incompletions, turnovers, and penalties.

That was probably the worst offensive performance I've seen, for Celina, in the last 8 years.

Hey Bill, use your son's great talent by allowing him to drop back and throw passes across the middle. Give him more options that 1/4 of the field.

Great win for Melissa. Their QB and RB's are pretty good. They should do well this year.

Oh, is this another new head coach with a QB son that has switched the offense to the spread to highlight the son's passing skills?
That seems to happen across the state.

orange machine
09-02-2012, 01:03 AM
I hate second guessing the coaches play calling, but tonight was pretty poor effort across the board on the offensive side. When Celina lined up and put the qb under the center and ran smash mouth football they would gain 4 or 5 yards a pop, but they kept abandoning it and lined back up in the spread.

On a positive note the defense played good I felt considering they where on the field all the time.

Some people wont agree, but the game coming out like it did could be a very good thing. The last few years Celina wasn't really challenged before the playoffs and I think it hurt them, but now they can see what they need to work on.

gomeangreen
09-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Did anyone think the terrible play calling would change when he became head coach. His play calling can be blamed for every loss over the last 4 years. Now switching to the spread to build a highlight film for his son-wow. Celina has some great kids but this will not be pretty. If they make playoffs it will be another quick exit

OldNavy
09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Didn't see the game but listened on the radio. Celina had 4th and goal inside the 10 twice and did not kick field goals. Do they not have a kicking game?

orange machine
09-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Give it time guys yes it was ugly, but everything will be OK just because they lost a pre district game is not the end of the world and doesn't mean they wont make deep run. Remember in 08 they lost 3 games before the playoffs and were state runner ups that year. Not to mention that year against prosper Celina only scored 7 points at the end of the game. They couldn't move the ball at all against prosper.

CHS_89
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Defense kept us in the game. Way too many mistakes and a LOT to work on offensively. It is wierd watching us line up in the spread. We have never been a finesse team. Not sure I understand why we are changing the Offense. Very ugly last night. But I still believe in the players and coaching staff.

orange machine
09-02-2012, 10:26 AM
The thing is if Celina just lines up and trys to pound the ball the defense will just line up 9 or 10 in the box and force Celina to throw the ball. So they might as well learn the spread and work on it now before district starts. Bill will get it fixed we have to remember he has a few state title rings as the offensive coordinator.

marler1972
09-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Give it time.

gomeangreen
09-02-2012, 12:41 PM
The thing is if Celina just lines up and trys to pound the ball the defense will just line up 9 or 10 in the box and force Celina to throw the ball. So they might as well learn the spread and work on it now before district starts. Bill will get it fixed we have to remember he has a few state title rings as the offensive coordinator.

Or maybe he is going to be exposed as a shirt tail rider I think of the saying sometimes the best worker is not always the best manager It will be interesting to watch

texas_wildcat
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
What happen
is Celina not going to be good or what

CMETILT
09-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Did anyone think the terrible play calling would change when he became head coach. His play calling can be blamed for every loss over the last 4 years. Now switching to the spread to build a highlight film for his son-wow. Celina has some great kids but this will not be pretty. If they make playoffs it will be another quick exit

..+1

CMETILT
09-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Didn't see the game but listened on the radio. Celina had 4th and goal inside the 10 twice and did not kick field goals. Do they not have a kicking game?

Apparently not. Instead of kicking field goals that would have been extra point distance, Elliot goes for it both times and each time, they fail. With the last one being costly as the QB took a 15 yard loss.

And when it's 4th and 7 on your own 40 yard line, why on God's green earth would you line up and quick kick? Especially with the 3 times they quick kicked, only one kick went further than 12 yards. Absolutely awful. And piss poor coaching.

CMETILT
09-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Huh? They've been running the same passing game for 5 years now. The reason it has seemed to work is that the teams they were playing were terrible. And it comes back to haunt them when they play teams with speed.

And most of the time last night, Melissa had 5 guys in the box....5. If you can't recognize this and adjust, as a coaching staff, you need to seriously consider another profession. What are the coaches in the press box looking at? Oh..they were probably eating the buffet that was set up in the Taj Mahal of high school football stadiums. I probably would have too. That place is impressive.

Celina will make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

regaleagle
09-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm of a different opinion. Celina has all the ingredients now to be a very viable playoff contender. It will take some work to get this spread offense off the ground....it doesn't happen overnite. Argyle has been running it for years, and the boyz learn it in grade school so that by the time they hit JV, they know it well. It requires recievers to find the open spaces, and the qb to know their routes. It spreads the D and opens up the running lanes. The qb should be a good passer and runner(Elliot) and be able to deliver the ball quickly. The Oline will have to learn schemes for blocking in this type of offense. Changing over will take some time, but in the end may pay big dividends for this Celina team by playoff time. They have the skill players to make it work and the D to compete deep. By Week 10 we will see how they play Argyle.

orange machine
09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Guys they will be fine we all know Celina can run the ball let the coaching staff try something new. Celina has to be more balanced, besides its just pre district contrary to popular belief Celina doesn't have to win every game. I would much rather Celina lose a game and actually see what they need to work on verse playing a bunch of teams that Celina beats up on and gets a false sense of how good they are.Celina still has some good competition that with challenge them in Liberty Christian, Liberty Eylau and Argyle.Ill give props to the coaching staff for sticking with game plan as ugly as it was verse changing things up. I have no doubt and neither should any other Celina fan if Celina would have stuck to running their normal offense of pounding the ball they would have won. I guess that's why I'm not worried. Think of it this way Celina can run the ball we know that, but how much tougher will they be when they can pound the ball plus throw and keep the defense off balance. Give um a chance to work on it.

Bosqueville
09-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Guys they will be fine we all know Celina can run the ball let the coaching staff try something new. Celina has to be more balanced, besides its just pre district contrary to popular belief Celina doesn't have to win every game. I would much rather Celina lose a game and actually see what they need to work on verse playing a bunch of teams that Celina beats up on and gets a false sense of how good they are.Celina still has some good competition that with challenge them in Liberty Christian, Liberty Eylau and Argyle.Ill give props to the coaching staff for sticking with game plan as ugly as it was verse changing things up. I have no doubt and neither should any other Celina fan if Celina would have stuck to running their normal offense of pounding the ball they would have won. I guess that's why I'm not worried. Think of it this way Celina can run the ball we know that, but how much tougher will they be when they can pound the ball plus throw and keep the defense off balance. Give um a chance to work on it.
:clap:

CMETILT
09-03-2012, 04:43 PM
It requires recievers to find the open spaces, and the qb to know their routes. It spreads the D and opens up the running lanes. The qb should be a good passer and runner(Elliot) and be able to deliver the ball quickly. The Oline will have to learn schemes for blocking in this type of offense. Changing over will take some time, but in the end may pay big dividends for this Celina team by playoff time. They have the skill players to make it work and the D to compete deep..

Spreading them out is all good and dandy. But if you roll out to one side EVERY single time, then spreading them out is useless. Why not drop straight back and open up the entire field? Makes it a lot harder to cover than simply trying to flood the zone on one side or the other. Case in point, not one single pass was thrown over the middle part of the field. Not one.

And one last suggestion...how about lining up in a regular punt formation and try punting the ball? I would be willing to bet you could punt it further than the 13 yards they averaged with the quick kicks from your own end of the field.

orange machine
09-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey I have an idea why don't you go to Bill first thing in the morning at the field house and tell him how to coach??? Then why don't you go grab a whistle and hit the field and coach them yourself??? You seem to know how to coach so well!

CelinaCatFan
09-03-2012, 07:05 PM
You're right OM. While sites, like this one, are built on arm chair quarterbacks (myself included lol), the coaches know what they are doing. That's why THEY are the coaches and WE are not. This will not be your typical season in Celina. The coaches, some in new positions, are working on a new offense and changing things up. I find it strange that, after one game, some are ready to pack up and go home. Seriously? Win, or lose, these are OUR kids in OUR community. While I like to win as much as any fan, I go to the games to support the kids and support my community.

I understand some are frustrated. But, I am excited by the challenge of our schedule and becoming a more balanced team. These are things that should benefit us, when the playoffs come. My main concern is injuries (as we saw in Saturday's game). Remember...Championships are not awarded after game one of the season.

ccmom
09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey I have an idea why don't you go to Bill first thing in the morning at the field house and tell him how to coach??? Then why don't you go grab a whistle and hit the field and coach them yourself??? You seem to know how to coach so well!

sandbagger
09-03-2012, 08:38 PM
What happen
is Celina not going to be good or what
They havent been that good for more than a few years. Over hyped and overrated. But sounds like the sky is falling now.

bobcat1
09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
They havent been that good for more than a few years. Over hyped and overrated. But sounds like the sky is falling now.
Still Green I see. :rolleyes:

CMETILT
09-04-2012, 06:52 AM

I tried that. They wouldn't let me. :)

orange machine
09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I tried that. They wouldn't let me. :)

Dang you I started wondering last night LOL....:stirpot: I guess I cant argue to much with you then!!!:vrycnfsd:

Robert Earl
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Several teams are successful with the one back offense. I know about 3000 saw the game Saturday that would agree Elliot has no idea what he is doing. Humility at it's best. I don't care what they run, but have a freaking idea about how to run it before he embarrasses the community. I mean embarrasses the community for yet another year. Who the heck gets in shotgun trips on their own 2 yard line and runs sprint out (to the left no doubt)? God love the kids of Celina for trying to overcome coaching.

NTFan
09-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Several teams are successful with the one back offense. I know about 3000 saw the game Saturday that would agree Elliot has no idea what he is doing. Humility at it's best. I don't care what they run, but have a freaking idea about how to run it before he embarrasses the community. I mean embarrasses the community for yet another year. Who the heck gets in shotgun trips on their own 2 yard line and runs sprint out (to the left no doubt)? God love the kids of Celina for trying to overcome coaching.

I wasn't at that game, but I can answer one question for you. You sprint out left bc you have a left handed QB. I would just about bet you the house that ole Bill and the Bobcats are back in the full house offense this week. He's about as competitive as anyone, and while he would presumably continue to work on the "spread", I would imagine that will take place after they are up 3-4 touchdowns on folks.

sandbagger
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I wasn't at that game, but I can answer one question for you. You sprint out left bc you have a left handed QB. I would just about bet you the house that ole Bill and the Bobcats are back in the full house offense this week. He's about as competitive as anyone, and while he would presumably continue to work on the "spread", I would imagine that will take place after they are up 3-4 touchdowns on folks.

The qb is gonna have a hard time puttin up those all important stats with full house backfield. I guess we will see whats more important fri.

No icon
You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options: