PDA

View Full Version : Carthage & Stephenville both go down tonight...

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Stephenville is confirmed and I just saw Carthage went down on FNR app?!?!?

In other news, some teams looked REALLY good:

Navasota
Alvarado
Bellville

Some teams won big, but have some cleaning up to do like WC.

What happened to wimberley?!?!?

Chapel hill and argyle both got blown out...

Ill think of more stuff to post in a minute.

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM

In other news, some teams looked REALLY good:

Navasota
Alvarado
Bellville

Some teams won big, but have some cleaning up to do like WC.

Chapel hill got blown out...

Ill think of more stuff to post in a minute.

La Vega & Palestine just went to OT.

poisoned10
08-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Why you play the games.

I read that Carthage had 7 turnovers tonight.

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
La Vega 24
Palestine 23, Final OT

toddg
08-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Why you play the games.

Exactly!

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Damn!!

Ville-D
08-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Why you play the games.

We had 3 to 5 (don't remember) turn overs.

Last one was the back breaker. 2 min left down 20-17 we intercepted a pass and had the ball at about the 30 to start the all-redeeming final drive to win the game. 1 penalty, 1 sack, another penalty, then a pick 6 to an LB later and it was church.

hollywood
08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
I'll tell you now boys and girls.. First game gitters can get the best of teams. Even teams that will be solid as contenders later in the season. I've watched a lot of HS football and Monterrey Tech is good! Not your house hold name in football programs I know. But they have one of the most fundamentaly sound defenses I've seen in a while. Next weeks games will tell us a lot with Aledo/Sville and Monterrey Tech/Highland Park games.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm by no means writing stephenville off but maybe this is a wake up call.

I think it's clear after tonight that navasota and LM are the two teams operating at the highest level right now.

Alvarado, Sville, WC, LV, Carthage, and maybe bellville after their performance will all be there battling too.

Several other teams took care of business like WOS and CS as well

ccmom
08-31-2012, 11:54 PM

I think it's clear after tonight that navasota and LM are the two teams operating at the highest level right now.

Alvarado, Sville, WC, LV, Carthage, and maybe bellville after their performance will all be there battling too.
Several other teams took care of business like WOS and CS as well. Wylie handled themselves pretty darn well, too! :wave:

I'm so happy the season is finally here!!

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 12:02 AM
. Wylie handled themselves pretty darn well, too! :wave:

I'm so happy the season is finally here!!True that.

Sorry for the omission CCmom.

Wylie definitely shocked me. Good to see the bulldogs performing well again.

bobcat4life
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
The Stephenville score really suprised me. Did they just not show up ready to play or is Monterrey really that good?

toddg
09-01-2012, 12:46 AM
I'll tell you now boys and girls.. First game gitters can get the best of teams. Even teams that will be solid as contenders later in the season. I've watched a lot of HS football and Monterrey Tech is good! Not your house hold name in football programs I know. But they have one of the most fundamentaly sound defenses I've seen in a while. Next weeks games will tell us a lot with Aledo/Sville and Monterrey Tech/Highland Park games.

i dont buy the first game jitters thing Hollywood..maybe overconfidence..or maybe the "wild rams" are that good..we'll know after the next 2 weeks if they are..i know Aledo kicked the "silver spoons" out of HP last night..

Ville-D
09-01-2012, 12:47 AM
The Stephenville score really suprised me. Did they just not show up ready to play or is Monterrey really that good?

Both.

Sville
09-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Another shocker to me was Allen shutting out SLC 24-0. The Dragons coming off a SC with one of top QBs in the state returning.

toddg
09-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Another shocker to me was Allen shutting out SLC 24-0. The Dragons coming off a SC with one of top QBs in the state returning.

me too!

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Awww. Too bad, so sad! (Not!) Go Temple. ;)

1971Coogs
09-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Several other teams took care of business like WOS and CS as wellLa Marque is definitely not operating at it's highest level. Like Stephenville, La Marque had way too many turnovers and also too many bonehead penalties. The defense could have had a shut-out, but one of scores by Ball High was a fumble they picked up and ran in for a score.

Offense is a brand new unit, with All World Tim Wright 4-year starter (RB),Twin Towers Kendall Hill and Brian Allen (receivers) and 4-year starter (QB) Emmanuel Williams all off to college. It will take possibly till mid-season for the offense to find it's own identity and chemistry. I do like the size of our offensive line. It's the biggest I've seen since possibly the '05 or '06 teams.

ctown81
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Looks like the same ol Carthage to me. They rarely get their act together until week 4, so I'm still looking forward to another run.

toddg
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like the same ol Carthage to me. They rarely get their act together until week 4, so I'm still looking forward to another run.

your right...why is that?

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 10:21 AM
La Marque is definitely not operating at it's highest level. Like Stephenville, La Marque had way too many turnovers and also too many bonehead penalties. The defense could have had a shut-out, but one of scores by Ball High was a fumble they picked up and ran in for a score.

Offense is a brand new unit, with All World Tim Wright 4-year starter (RB),Twin Towers Kendall Hill and Brian Allen (receivers) and 4-year starter (QB) Emmanuel Williams all off to college. It will take possibly till mid-season for the offense to find it's own identity and chemistry. I do like the size of our offensive line. It's the biggest I've seen since possibly the '05 or '06 teams.
I realize LM can play much better, but the fact is, they played like garbage and still stomped ball.

wimbo_pro
09-01-2012, 10:41 AM

We won, but apparently struggled. Had QB injured, but reports are he will be ok. Lots of work to do.

cowboyandchrist
09-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Why you play the games.

You are right Carthage had seven turn overs, but here is the rest of the story. I will give Jacksonville credit first off by saying they have an outstanding Q/B and a desent football team. Carthage giant O line got their rear ends handed to them and the all world DT got blocked by one man on many plays. Don't get me wrong, Carthage is the real deal and will be there in the end, but Friday night was terrible. The Defence played great against the run, but the secondary got lit up. We had the game won with less than two minutes left in the game when we intercepted a pass and instead of just falling down, the player tried to run the ball back carrying it like a loaf of bread. Holding the ball out like Michael vick and a Jacksonville player comes up from behind and slaps the ball out of his hand. Next play Jacksonville throws TD pass. The game started out 14 to 0 Jacksonville in the first quarter. Carthage could of won this game going away, but seven turn overs will beat anybody. I can promise you the players will watch the game film and know they got beat and how they got beat. I believe the next game they play will be a huge improvement. This team could be better than any Carthage team in the past, but they need to find some leaders that will hold the team accountable. Coach S is one of the best high school coaches in the state and he will improve this team, but the players need to stop reading the news clippings and know they can and will get beat again if they play like they did Friday night.

Old Tiger
09-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Stephenville is a disgrace to their country

defense51
09-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Dang

Gone Fishing
09-02-2012, 10:36 AM
.What happened to wimberley?!?!?

Llano has some very good players and looks like new coach has all the players and the community buying into new program. I wish them good luck, I like Llano and a couple of their best players

Wimberley's new QB was playing great with only one mistake in the first half, played with a rib injury that happened early in the game. Has a nice long TD run and a nice TD pass. They would not let him come back out after half . The back up is a soph and had never seen varsity speed. I think Llano just pinned their ears back after they realized starter was out.

One of the top DL and Ol players got so dehydrated that emergency personel worked on him in the locker room and he never returned out of the locker room.

One of the top senor LB's has been out and has 3 more weeks before he can play. Thats a big loss right now and he plays O also.

Not excuses, every one can have injuries and early problems, My biggest Point is Llano is pretty darn good, may not have enough good players in all, but have several really really good players.IMO that district better watch out for them, they will come to play and may darkhorse that district. I hope so. I really like #3, #87 and #22

varsity parent
09-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Dang! Why so harsh?

wimbo_pro
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM

???? Surely you jest....

Ville-D
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Funny