PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales vs. Victoria East

Gontex
08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Apaches lead 8-0 with about 2 minutes to go. Where did that new freshman running back come from?

Gontex
08-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Apaches lead 8-0 with about 2 minutes to go. Where did that new freshman running back come from?

Should have said 2 minutes to go in the first half. Apaches on Titan's 10 yard line. Playing in a light rain.

Gontex
08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Apaches 14-0 with 20 seconds to go in the first half.

Gontex
08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Apaches 14 Titans 6 at end of 3rd.

Gontex
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
20-6 Apaches with 9 minutes to go.

Gontex
08-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Apaches 27-6 with about a minute to play. Johnson has rushed for 214 yards tonight.

Gontex
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Final 27-6, Apaches

Old Green
08-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Congrats Gonzales:cheerl:

fire_it_up
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Very impressed with the Apaches tonight! Way to go Tribe!:2thumbsup

29-3aFAN
09-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Congrats apaches

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Another one I predicted very close, 21-7. Congrats GZ and here's to another fine season for your talented Apaches.

Lombardi
09-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Was very impressed with Gonzales tonight. Lopez is the real deal! the apache defense was very strong tonight. OL was physical and that little back can flat get it!!!! Congrats to Gonzo!

Tejastrue
09-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Congrats Apaches!!

Gontex
09-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Was very impressed with Gonzales tonight. Lopez is the real deal! the apache defense was very strong tonight. OL was physical and that little back can flat get it!!!! Congrats to Gonzo!

Defense was salty tonight. East broke a couple of plays, but could only take it to the house one time. Too many procedural penalties though for the Apaches. Coach will have them working on those timing issues I am sure. Apaches have another strong test on the road next week when they go to play Bastrop. Bears lost to a 5A group last night. Apaches open with 3 straight 4A teams. BTW, has anybody heard from Snotty? Houston took it on the chin last night.

fire_it_up
09-01-2012, 09:57 AM
You know we won't hear from Snotbubbles unless Sam is winning. That's how he rolls. Give him a few weeks.:wave:

Snotbubbles
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I'm here. Yes, we stunk and will stink all year. Was trying to inspire them early, but this team don't stand a chance. No wonder people were banging on our door to play us this year. I see a 2-8 season. Congrats Gonzales on your big win.

garciap77
09-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Congrats Apaches!!

fire_it_up
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm here. Yes, we stunk and will stink all year. Was trying to inspire them early, but this team don't stand a chance. No wonder people were banging on our door to play us this year. I see a 2-8 season. Congrats Gonzales on your big win.

Sorry about the loss. Hopefully, they'll improve every week (except for the week y'all play us, of course)!

Gontex
09-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Hey dude, it's good to hear from you again. Hope your Hurricane can do some improving this year. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

1st and goal
09-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Defense was salty tonight. East broke a couple of plays, but could only take it to the house one time. Too many procedural penalties though for the Apaches. Coach will have them working on those timing issues I am sure. Apaches have another strong test on the road next week when they go to play Bastrop. Bears lost to a 5A group last night. Apaches open with 3 straight 4A teams. BTW, has anybody heard from Snotty? Houston took it on the chin last night.

You guys should handle Bastrop, it'll be interesting to see how Bastrop responds to their butt whipping they took last night.

Snotbubbles
09-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey dude, it's good to hear from you again. Hope your Hurricane can do some improving this year. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Hey Gontex, nice to hear from you too. Nice win bud. Man, we are pitiful this year. LOL. No excuses, but when you lose four or five D1 prospects---hard to replace. Seriously, we might win 2, 3 games this year (and, 1 of them will not be against your Apaches. GZ can name their margin on this club). Still being so down this year, we might be one of those 2-8, 3-7 teams that make the playoffs thanks to being in the weakest district in the state. That's the sad part of Texas HS playoff's. Awwww, this will be a looooong year for my Hurricanes. :weeping:

Gontex
09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Hey Gontex, nice to hear from you too. Nice win bud. Man, we are pitiful this year. LOL. No excuses, but when you lose four or five D1 prospects---hard to replace. Seriously, we might win 2, 3 games this year (and, 1 of them will not be against your Apaches. GZ can name their margin on this club). Still being so down this year, we might be one of those 2-8, 3-7 teams that make the playoffs thanks to being in the weakest district in the state. That's the sad part of Texas HS playoff's. Awwww, this will be a looooong year for my Hurricanes. :weeping:

Apaches are in a really tough district. I mean when you are in a district that DCTF picks Cuero to finish last, you know you are in for some doozies. Giddings, LaGrange and Smithville are all really good programs. Dawgs are strong this year and it looks like Cuero is vastly improved with a new qb and coach. It's amazing how much the right man can do with turning a program around.

44INAROW
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Nice post Gontex.... Will be fun to see how things play out for sure.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

warpath
09-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow, how about the crowd at the reservation last night. The Apache Nation was huge last night .Gotta give props to VE also.. The titans filled their side up . Great atmosphere for high school football!

Gontex
09-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Wow, how about the crowd at the reservation last night. The Apache Nation was huge last night .Gotta give props to VE also.. The titans filled their side up . Great atmosphere for high school football!

I was wondering how Titan fans would follow. What was the estimated (or actual for that matter) attendance? Apache nation is hungry for another run at the district championship this year.