PDA

View Full Version : Monterrey, Mexico TONIGHT!!!

Cant wait to see what this team is like. Jackets by 21 :thinking:

My heart says 50 point Blowout.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Cant wait to see what this team is like. Jackets by 50 :thinking:

Didnt MT play the woodlands pretty close 2-3 years ago?

If this team is ANYTHING like that one, no way SHS wins by that much. BUT, i know nothing about the current MT team so...

Ville-D
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Didnt MT play the woodlands pretty close 2-3 years ago?

If this team is ANYTHING like that one, no way SHS wins by that much. BUT, i know nothing about the current MT team so...

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/schedule.aspx?schoolid=2b48e690-ba4c-4581-9eb9-0087ef786903&ssid=f28cd02d-9746-48e9-a74b-fffef375b19a

vs The Woodlands lost 56 - 32
vs Hannah won 35 - 7
vh Highland Park lost 46 - 7 (was 14-7 at half HP intercepted 3 times for TD's in 3rd)
vs Stony Point forefit -Cartel wouldn't let them play

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Okay not as close as I thought but still put up a respectable fight against a very good woodlands team.

I think Stephenville will win by 21.

regaleagle
08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds like at least this Monterrey team can do some damage. The Yellowjackets better not make a bunch of costly mistakes.

Matthew328
08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
13-0 Monterrey Tech right now

ronwx5x
08-31-2012, 08:31 PM
13-0 Monterrey Tech right now

Wow! Maybe the cartel sent some ringers.

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow! Maybe the cartel sent some ringers.
:1omg!:

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Dallas Huston just said on the Brownwood broadcast that these private schools that we are playing can and do have 5th year seniors... "but dont feel sorry for us, Montery Tech aint got no rules, they may have 8th year seniors"... :)

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow.

Is stephenville overrated? :O

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Dallas Huston just said on the Brownwood broadcast that these private schools that we are playing can and do have 5th year seniors... "but dont feel sorry for us, Montery Tech aint got no rules, they may have 8th year seniors"... :)

Good to see you posting! Are you at the game?

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Wow.

Is stephenville overrated? :O

Yo no se!;)

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Good to see you posting! Are you at the game?

No, at home with grandbaby... listening to on radio,

Miss you too my friend

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
No, at home with grandbaby... listening to on radio,

Miss you too my friend

We need to grab a couple of beers when we go play you guys!

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
We need to grab a couple of beers when we go play you guys!

I'm in!

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm in!

I'll PM you as week get closer to the game.

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:34 PM
I will be in vegas 15th thru 19th (wednesday before the wylie game) but I will be back in plenty of time for that cold beer

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I will be in vegas 15th thru 19th (wednesday before the wylie game) but I will be back in plenty of time for that cold beer
Why isn't anyone posting much about the Mexico vs Stephenville game?

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Why isn't anyone posting much about the Mexico vs Stephenville game?

Well I would assume the team that wants to talk about it does not spell good in english... of course that could mean either team is winning... lol (just kidding you ville guys)

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Hollywood just said on other thread that sville is now up 20-17

garciap77
08-31-2012, 09:57 PM

:2thumbsup

johnfx24
08-31-2012, 10:00 PM
correction Monterrey tech winning 27 -17.... yelllowjackets behind ...40 seconds left to the end of game

stephenville loses #1 ranking : (

garciap77
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM

You think Hollywood started hitting the bottle early tonight!;)

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 10:19 PM
You think Hollywood started hitting the bottle early tonight!;)

More than likely it was me... I went back and looked and his post just said "20-17 now, ville on a roll".... my bad! I guesss I should have read more and drank less... lol

garciap77
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
More than likely it was me... I went back and looked and his post just said "20-17 now, ville on a roll".... my bad! I guesss I should have read more and drank less... lol

LOL Hey! I thought Hollywood was from BW! or was it Early? LOL

jason
08-31-2012, 10:24 PM
stephenville played a terrible first half
the mexico team was good, ive been telling folks since it was scheduled that it wouldn't be a cake walk
never heard the stephenville crowd as quiet as they were tonight when it was 20-0
they were a class act all the way around - well coached, played hard
stephenville has work to do

Looking4number8
08-31-2012, 10:27 PM
LOL Hey! I thought Hollywood was from BW! or was it Early? LOL

He lives in sville now and kids go to there I think, gotta support your kids!! but... I heard some are thinking of filing treason charges on him...

garciap77
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
the mexico team was good, ive been telling folks since it was scheduled that it wouldn't be a cake walk
never heard the stephenville crowd as quiet as they were tonight when it was 20-0
I think they just stirred up the Beehive. Watch out 3A!!!

garciap77
08-31-2012, 10:30 PM
He lives in sville now and kids go to there I think, gotta support your kids!! but... I heard some are thinking of filing treason charges on him...
LOL Well at least he didn't move to Hobbs!;)

sotex
08-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Orale! Quien queire un tequila?

toddg
08-31-2012, 10:35 PM

they better work fast...they have Aledo next week..Aledo just got finished pounding HP 31-13

jason
08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
they better work fast...they have Aledo next week..Aledo just got finished pounding HP 31-13

that's gonna be an ass whippin
stephenville could be 1-4 going into their bye week, IF they can manage to be beat amarillo, ozen, or lavega

That team deserves for me to say I was wrong. They kicked our tails all night long. Our Crowd was bad and the team was the same. Dissapointed in the effort I saw tonight. There really wasent one bright spot that stood out for Stephenville. Ville will be ready come district and playoffs but its not going to get fixed in 1 week.

Ville-D
08-31-2012, 10:52 PM

+1

They were a lot better team than I expected. They played very good fundamental football. They have a great group of kids. They "hit us in the mouth" and never looked back.

We looked like we expected to walk on the field and be declared the winner. Our second half was much better. Stephenville has work to do.

vtskneb
08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
That team deserves for me to say I was wrong. They kicked our tails all night long. Our Crowd was bad and the team was the same. Dissapointed in the effort I saw tonight. There really wasent one bright spot that stood out for Stephenville. Ville will be ready come district and playoffs but its not going to get fixed in 1 week.

I thought the defense was above average especially considering the field position the offense put Tech in the first half. After replacing several multi year starters they were playing at a pretty good level. The offense looked as out of sync as I have ever seen a Stephenville offense look. Sloppy penalties and ball handling; an injury to boot. With the exception of last year, Stephenville's offense has trended upwards as the year went on so in the grand scheme of things it was frustrating but the Jackets did not lose anything but a little ego tonight (after the way they lolly gaged around the field in the first half nothing wrong with losing some of that). There will be plenty of chances this year to make that up.

sotex
08-31-2012, 10:59 PM
+1

They were a lot better team than I expected. They played very good fundamental football. They have a great group of kids. They "hit us in the mouth" and never looked back.

We looked like we expected to walk on the field and be declared the winner. Our second half was much better. Stephenville has work to do.

How many teams have had that same thought?

Bosqueville
08-31-2012, 11:00 PM
I thought the defense was above average especially considering the field position the offense put Tech in the first half. After replacing several multi year starters they were playing at a pretty good level. The offense looked as out of sysnc as I have ever seen a Stephenville offense look. Sloppy penalties and ball handling; an injury to boot. With the exception of last year, Stephenville's offense has trended upwards as the year went on so in the grand scheme of things it was frustrating but the Jackets did not lose anything but a little ego tonight (after the way they lolly gaged around the field in the first half nothing wrong with losing some of that). There will be plenty of chances this year to make that up.

I bet there will be some running involved Monday..

vtskneb
08-31-2012, 11:00 PM
How many teams have had that same thought?

What thought?

I thought the defense was above average especially considering the field position the offense put Tech in the first half. After replacing several multi year starters they were playing at a pretty good level. The offense looked as out of sysnc as I have ever seen a Stephenville offense look. Sloppy penalties and ball handling; an injury to boot. With the exception of last year, Stephenville's offense has trended upwards as the year went on so in the grand scheme of things it was frustrating but the Jackets did not lose anything but a little ego tonight (after the way they lolly gaged around the field in the first half nothing wrong with losing some of that). There will be plenty of chances this year to make that up.

Who got hurt?

vtskneb
08-31-2012, 11:03 PM
you don't get private messages

sotex
08-31-2012, 11:05 PM
"We looked like we expected to walk on the field and be declared the winner"

hollywood
08-31-2012, 11:07 PM
Lol @ LF#8 and GP77. Yeah, I've actually lived here longer than I ever lived in Bwd. It was still hard to swallow when I first put on a blue and gold shirt!

Ville-D
08-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Who got hurt?

Nick Pack (OL) - MCL
Preston Brown (CB) - Shoulder

Hopefully not too serious.

sotex
08-31-2012, 11:22 PM
you don't get private messages

you talkin to me?

Sville
08-31-2012, 11:51 PM
They were the better team and whooped us up front especially their DL vs our OL. They are a good football team. I thought our D played well considering how long they were on the field. The time of possession was 15 min for Sville and 33 min for MT. They prolly doubled us in plays ran and FORCED 3 TOs from the Jacket offense. We definitely didn't have a good night offensively and MT had a lot to do with that.

Here is my captain obvious statement, we are/were very overrated in the polls at this point in the season. The Barregos showed us where we need to get better at and we will have to in hurry or Aledo will beat us bad.

vtskneb
08-31-2012, 11:58 PM
you talkin to me?

no..

Saggy Aggie
09-01-2012, 12:05 AM
They were the better team and whooped us up front especially their DL vs our OL. They are a good football team. I thought our D played well considering how long they were on the field. The time of possession was 15 min for Sville and 33 min for MT. They prolly doubled us in plays ran and FORCED 3 TOs from the Jacket offense. We definitely didn't have a good night offensively and MT had a lot to do with that.

Here is my captain obvious statement, we are/were very overrated in the polls at this point in the season. The Barregos showed us where we need to get better at and we will have to in hurry or Aledo will beat us bad.

I can respect an honest opinion like that.

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 02:32 AM
I am not surprised.

mwrams
09-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Hey Ville? Come in a little too cocky did ya? I know the our Rams are bad, but....Mexico? Are you kidding me?!!!
Gotta luv it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
09-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Lol @ LF#8 and GP77. Yeah, I've actually lived here longer than I ever lived in Bwd. It was still hard to swallow when I first put on a blue and gold shirt!

It's all good! The real test will be Aledo! Good luck rest of season!! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Do ya think Stephenville still stays ranked #1? Hmmmmm....

garciap77
09-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Do ya think Stephenville still stays ranked #1? Hmmmmm....

No! I would put Alvarado as number!

Bosqueville
09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey Ville? Come in a little too cocky did ya? I know the our Rams are bad, but....Mexico? Are you kidding me?!!!

A Mineral Wells fan talking smack.. Now that's funny.

Mexico kicked some butt. Our team has to get back to basics.

Thats funny and deserved. Hey if we stink it up I will be the first to tell ya about it. Our blocking on special teams was horrid. The blocking on the O line was sub par. The QB was off most of the night. The receivers gave up and basically stopped playing the last of the game. The coaches are going to go NUTS when they watch the film.
The D wasent to bad but not up to the level of last year. The 7 on 7 mentality and practice without full contact showed up BIG TIME. I expect Moday they change the practice routine and go full pads and full contact.

OldBison75
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM
The Ville will be okay by district time and will still be a factor in the playoffs. This wake up call may be the best thing that could have happened to them. It is easy for a group of kids to get caught up in their own hype. This was a reality check for a lot of people. Football is a fickle sport, you don't win on reputation or last year, every game requires that you execute what you do--Stephenville did not. There are too many good athletes on that team to believe they won't get the kinks worked out and be contenders. Now the game for them is not the physical part, but correcting the mental part.

The Ville will be okay by district time and will still be a factor in the playoffs. This wake up call may be the best thing that could have happened to them. It is easy for a group of kids to get caught up in their own hype. This was a reality check for a lot of people. Football is a fickle sport, you don't win on reputation or last year, every game requires that you execute what you do--Stephenville did not. There are too many good athletes on that team to believe they won't get the kinks worked out and be contenders. Now the game for them is not the physical part, but correcting the mental part.

We needed a wake up call and we need a few more.

hollywood
09-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Stephenville would have whooped the crap out of Bridgeport too! Just sayin'

The physical part was not good. The mexican team kicked our tails and showed us what physical is. We were not ready and the kids who were willing to lay it on the line were few and far between. Coaches will get that fixed Monday im Sure.

OldBison75
09-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Ville, I am willing to bet that starting next week you will see a different team come out. There is too much talent and good coaching for the Ville to be down long. Now, during the week this week you may see some players around town that are dragging around after the workouts the coaches are gonna put them through this week.

Ville, I am willing to bet that starting next week you will see a different team come out. There is too much talent and good coaching for the Ville to be down long. Now, during the week this week you may see some players around town that are dragging around after the workouts the coaches are gonna put them through this week.

Hey there is no doubt they have the talent and they will be ok. Like I said earlier we need to get in full contact mentality.

toddg
09-01-2012, 11:49 AM

yeah...and if Stephenville brings the kind of game they played last nite to Alvarado..Alvarado will whoop the crap out of Stephenville! just sayin'
the Indians took care of business last nite, the Jackets didnt..get over it!

OldBison75
09-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Whatever you do, don't let the Stephenville loss against a team that nobody knew anything about be a basis for your whole judgement on how good the Ville is.

hollywood
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
yeah...and if Stephenville brings the kind of game they played last nite to Alvarado..Alvarado will whoop the crap out of Stephenville! just sayin'
the Indians took care of business last nite, the Jackets didnt..get over it!

No biggy. You are clueless. Bridgeport is WAY down. You have not seen Monterrey Tech. So you thoughts are just homerism thoughts.

ccmom
09-01-2012, 12:28 PM
No biggy. You are clueless. Bridgeport is WAY down. You have not seen Monterrey Tech. So you thoughts are just homerism thoughts.

Just out of curiosity...have you seen Bridgeport play?

toddg
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM

and your thoughts are not? i have not seen MT play, but i can look at stats and see sloppy play..

hollywood
09-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Just out of curiosity...have you seen Bridgeport play?

Not this years team. Word on the street is they are. Not taking anything away from Alvarado, but Bridgeport is young and rebuilding from my sources.

hollywood
09-01-2012, 12:39 PM
and your thoughts are not? i have not seen MT play, but i can look at stats and see sloppy play..

Sloppy, no doubt. As you know football too, mistakes and sloppy play happen to good teams. My opinion is Stephenville was a little overconfident and Monterrey was way better than many thought.

garciap77
09-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Are you sure???;) Just sayin';)

hollywood
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Are you sure???;) Just sayin';)

More so than the injuns whooping the Jackets!

garciap77
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Not this years team. Word on the street is they are. Not taking anything away from Alvarado, but Bridgeport is young and rebuilding from my sources.

Well, if you heard this @ the Whataburger in Early, then your sources might be-spot on!:evillol:

¡Qué paliza!;)

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Football is growing in popularity in Mexico, but soccer still rules by far. So, if the Monterrey Tecna football team is that good, I bet their soccer team is amazing.

rb585
09-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Whatever you do, don't let the Stephenville loss against a team that nobody knew anything about be a basis for your whole judgement on how good the Ville is.

:clap:

Cam
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I can respect an honest opinion like that.

Not bad for a bunch of "slow Mexicans" huh Sag?....lol.....

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 10:42 PM

From what the Stephenville posters said, it seems they came out flat, and made a lot of mistakes. So, you can certainly take that and use it as a basis for judgement of how good they are right now. That is not to say that they can't or won't improve and become the team they are capable of being, I think they will. I get the impression that their success last season, all the talk about how great they are, the drop to 3a and seemingly forgone conclusion that some have made that they are the automatic state champions, might have gone to the heads of these 16, 17, 18, and some likely soon to be 19 year old kids, maybe it has even impacted the coaches some. I had the chance to be around a couple of the key yellowjacket players earlier this year and frankly, was not impressed by their humility, but they are kids, big fish in a small pond, so they get a pass on that from me. This early loss may be the best thing for these kids, the team, and the wake up call they need to turn it around, even by next week. In these pre-district games, teams may play bigger and better teams, or smaller and less talented teams, so the final score is not always the most important thing, it is how you play, how you execute, and how you respond.

I won't have a dog in the Div. 1 fight, so I want Stephenville to be as good as they can be and shut down that annoying East Texas babble.

Go yellowjackets!

Cam
09-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Football is growing in popularity in Mexico, but soccer still rules by far. So, if the Monterrey Tecna football team is that good, I bet their soccer team is amazing.

...Most of them boys down there are poor...and tough as nails!.....I've been to Monterrey many times....blew my mind to see soccer fields and football fields with no grass...just dirt!!!....I remember as an 8 year old going there....I was at some plaza watchin' kids play stickball.....two kids about my age approached me wonderin' who I was...as soon as they found out I was from the good ol' USA, one of them wanted to fight me!!.....He put up his dukes and said "orale pinche cabron"!!......I bailed outta there scared as hell!!!.....cause even though I was only 8, I have always been a lover and not a fighter!....LOL....

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
...Most of them boys down there are poor...and tough as nails!.....I've been to Monterrey many times....blew my mind to see soccer fields and football fields with no grass...just dirt!!!....I remember as an 8 year old going there....I was at some plaza watchin' kids play stickball.....two kids about my age approached me wonderin' who I was...as soon as they found out I was from the good ol' USA, one of them wanted to fight me!!.....He put up his dukes and said "orale pinche cabron"!!......I bailed outta there scared as hell!!!.....cause even though I was only 8, I have always been a lover and not a fighter!....LOL....

Hay muchas pobres en y acerca de Monterrey pero no creo que los chicos que estudian en Tec de Monterrey son pobres!

toddg
09-01-2012, 11:23 PM

orale pinche cabron!!

Cam
09-01-2012, 11:36 PM
orale pinche cabron!!

...be careful toddg!....cause the older I get the less testosterone I have...which makes me a bit less of a lover...not by much, but just enough to make me crankier these days....damn low T I tell ya!!......Anyways, I'm always lookin' for a fight these days......you best go challenge someone else......"porque te pongo una chinga!!!"...:foul::crazy1:....I ain't one of them older dudes that gets all slow and fat and stuff.....plus, I gots a mean left hook!!........

mwrams
09-02-2012, 08:06 AM

Hey I live in Mineral Wells. I didn't say I was a fan there, Waco. I attended Tarleton. Now that's funny!

defense51
09-02-2012, 10:23 AM
...be careful toddg!....cause the older I get the less testosterone I have...which makes me a bit less of a lover...not by much, but just enough to make me crankier these days....damn low T I tell ya!!......Anyways, I'm always lookin' for a fight these days......you best go challenge someone else......"porque te pongo una chinga!!!"...:foul::crazy1:....I ain't one of them older dudes that gets all slow and fat and stuff.....plus, I gots a mean left hook!!........ We need a 3ADL translator, I can't habla Spanish and I feel I'm missing something important here. :ack!:

toddg
09-02-2012, 12:22 PM
...be careful toddg!....cause the older I get the less testosterone I have...which makes me a bit less of a lover...not by much, but just enough to make me crankier these days....damn low T I tell ya!!......Anyways, I'm always lookin' for a fight these days......you best go challenge someone else......"porque te pongo una chinga!!!"...:foul::crazy1:....I ain't one of them older dudes that gets all slow and fat and stuff.....plus, I gots a mean left hook!!........

i best stand clear...with my bipolarism and your mean left hook, you might get yourself hurt:evilgrin::crazy1::taunt:!

ogg
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey there is no doubt they have the talent and they will be ok. Like I said earlier we need to get in full contact mentality.

You probably already answered this. How old where these Mexico kids? 16,17,18 or 17,18,19? Or do we know?

Cam
09-02-2012, 10:13 PM
i best stand clear...with my bipolarism and your mean left hook, you might get yourself hurt:evilgrin::crazy1::taunt:!

....lol......you and me......we gots problems!.....

Cam
09-02-2012, 10:17 PM
You probably already answered this. How old where these Mexico kids? 16,17,18 or 17,18,19? Or do we know?

....hard to say....since they all have mustaches which makes them look older!.....:vrycnfsd:

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-02-2012, 10:20 PM
...be careful toddg!....cause the older I get the less testosterone I have...which makes me a bit less of a lover...not by much, but just enough to make me crankier these days....damn low T I tell ya!!......Anyways, I'm always lookin' for a fight these days......you best go challenge someone else......"porque te pongo una chinga!!!"...:foul::crazy1:....I ain't one of them older dudes that gets all slow and fat and stuff.....plus, I gots a mean left hook!!........Todd will take his clothes off and fight you naked. He will show the new and improved "helicopter" technique!

Cam
09-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Todd will take his clothes off and fight you naked. He will show the new and improved "helicopter" technique!

...no way ese.....I've seen my share of people fighting naked!!...and it ain't pretty!.....if Todd starts takin' his clothes off, I'm throwin' in the white towel!!...

Ville-D
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM

I'll find out for you

Manso/V8
09-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll find out for you
Find out how many 18 and 19 year old kids are on the yellowjackets too.

Ville-D
09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Find out how many 18 and 19 year old kids are on the yellowjackets too.

If you are interested then you should call the AD's office. Let me know if you need the number.

I'm sure we are just as legal as the Belleville boys. Funny that nobody is asking you that question about them. I guess irrelevance has its privileges.

;)

Manso/V8
09-03-2012, 12:26 AM
If you are interested then you should call the AD's office. Let me know if you need the number.

I'm sure we are just as legal as the Belleville boys. Funny that nobody is asking you that question about them. I guess irrelevance has its privileges.

;)

Certainly all the yellowjackets and Brahmas are legal, or they wouldn't be eligible to play. Someone made a comment earlier this year about kids in Celina being required to repeat
8th grade........I'm sure that is just a joke. LOL!! I hear there has been some grumbling about the Tec de Monterrey kids being a little older. I have also heard some talk on this board about people holding their kids back in school to give them an advantage on the football field. It is something I never really thought about, but I have noticed that the sons of football coaches are often a year older than everyone in their class. This must be more common than I realized. Here is a post from an earlier thread, I think it was called High School "Redshirting." Do you remember it?

What are your thoughts on starting a child to kindergarten a year late or holding them back before HS to get that extra year of school sports?

Personally, my 2 boys are 6 and 9 and both have summer birthdays and both were started late. We did it so they would not be the youngest in their class and to give them that extra year to mature. As an added benefit they will be one year older when they start to play HS sports. Looking back I would have loved to have an extra year of HS football.
Your thoughts?

Ville-D
09-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I don't have any problem with any parents decision to start a kid late in school. I'd do it just the same with my boys if I had to do it over again.

I do know that our QB and #1 WR were not held back. Too bad, I wish they were only JR's.

Manso/V8
09-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I don't have any problem with any parents decision to start a kid late in school. I'd do it just the same with my boys if I had to do it over again.

I do know that our QB and #1 WR were not held back. Too bad, I wish they were only JR's.

I don't have a problem with it either, as long as it is done for the right reasons, same goes for the Tec de Monterry kids.

I bet that your QB and WR are glad they weren't held back since they get to play on the college carpet next year!

I'll find out for you

The program from the game has most at 18 and as young as 16.

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 01:34 PM
If interested, Highlights are available on StephenvilleYellowJackets.com (http://goo.gl/EfY4E) in the Media section

BEAST
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Here is one I didnt know until last Friday, kids at All Saints can be 5th year Srs and are still ok to play. Meaning, we very well could have been playing kids 19+.

BEAST

toddg
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Here is one I didnt know until last Friday, kids at All Saints can be 5th year Srs and are still ok to play. Meaning, we very well could have been playing kids 19+.

BEAST

they must redshirt freshman...

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 02:12 PM
This reminds me of a movie I watched with my kids (bench warmers), check out the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGk5_EQ3JeM

Bosqueville
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Looked like MT actually had some fans there or were those Jacket fans?

hollywood
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Looked like MT actually had some fans there or were those Jacket fans?

For an international team.. they travel well! Crowd was mixed.. local hispanics, overflow home side, neutral fans, and rest were MT supporters. Remember MT is a very wealthy private prep school.

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
If interested, Highlights are available on StephenvilleYellowJackets.com (http://goo.gl/EfY4E) in the Media section

I must say after watching that video and compared to the Giddings/LH game I saw on friday night, also the LaMarque highlights (very good team speed), both Sville and Monterrey have poor team speed..... very slow compared to the Panthers or Buffs. Anyone else who was at the Giddings game watch the video and tell me if im wrong.....

hollywood
09-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I must say after watching that video and compared to the Giddings/LH game I saw on friday night, also the LaMarque highlights (very good team speed), both Sville and Monterrey have poor team speed..... very slow compared to the Panthers or Buffs. Anyone else who was at the Giddings game watch the video and tell me if im wrong.....

Does speed win games or is it execution, power and conditioning?

Ask LaMarque about speed vs execution, power and conditioning when they lost to Stephenville in not 1, not 2, but 3 state championship games.

;)

Manso/V8
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM

I hadn't watch those highlights yet, but I have noticed that some videos on youtube and other share sites, seem to be a little faster or slower than real time. I have only noticed this on highlights. I don't know if that is just my perception, done on purpose for time sake or illusion, or just something that happens when certain file formats are uploaded.

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Does speed win games or is it execution, power and conditioning?

Ask LaMarque about speed vs execution, power and conditioning when they lost to Stephenville in not 1, not 2, but 3 state championship games.

;)

No doubt execution is paramount for the sport, and Monterrey did do that very well.

You have entered a relm where iron man football is the norm, so conditioning is a big part of most successful programs at this level. LH has a large (numbers wise) squad, but they (Coach Vance and Crew) always hold conditioning as a top priority.

I know you have triumphed over LaMarque in the past, but at this point in the season I dont think Sville could line up against them, The outcome would be worse than the Monterrey game.

I was just making a comment on how slow you looked compared to the game I watched last friday, thats it, I know Sville is a fantastic program and will make adjustments and get much better, but what I saw on the film was lack of team speed coupled with poor execution.... not meant as an insult, just observation.

Sville
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
It is always hard to gauge speed on film. We are not near as fast as we were last year but still have plenty of go daddys.

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I hadn't watch those highlights yet, but I have noticed that some videos on youtube and other share sites, seem to be a little faster or slower than real time. I have only noticed this on highlights. I don't know if that is just my perception, done on purpose for time sake or illusion, or just something that happens when certain file formats are uploaded.

True, but a good judge is the football and the refs arms (when signaling td or what not), watch the snap and passes, that usually lets you know if its faster or slower than real time. Im not down on Sville and not insulting them, just an observation from that clip I watched. The D-backs were giving the Monterrey receivers to much space as well.