PDA

View Full Version : Bellville @ Caldwell

Manso/V8
08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
The Bellville Brahmas open their season against the Caldwell Hornets on Friday.
The Brahmas have a year under their belt with the slot t offense and a staunch defensive scheme that Coach Rowe brought to Bellville as the new Head Coach in 2011
The Hornets had a down year in 2011 but reports indicate they are improved this year with a new Head Coach and will be running the spread.
Anybody have comments or info about the game or the teams? I have noticed noticed any Caldwell posters on the board this year.

Yoe_09
08-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Caldwell is going to be in major rebuilding mode. They have some potential on defense, but from what I saw in their last scrimmage, there really isn't too much on the offensive side. Bellville should win this one comfortably.

OLE'BULL
08-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I am not forseeing any problems for the Brahmas tomorrow night, but crazier things have happened. It will be good to see how the bulls measure up against a team in "rebuilding mode". If we can go out and dominate all 3 aspects of the game, that should be a good measuring stick for the season. 38-10 Brahmas. Lets start the season off firing on all cylinders and put a fantastic game together!!! Cant wait for tomorrow night!!!

Saggy Aggie
08-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Bellville by a lot.

Brahmas are gonna be good this year.

buff4ever
08-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I am surprised bellville re-schedule this game. It will be ugly for caldwell.

Bellville sux :)

Roughneck93
08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Bellville wins big.

The Bull #40
08-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I believe Bellville will be pretty solid this year. Our district is a tough one, but nothing would make me happier than seeing us beat the snot out of the Hornets on their home field on opening week. That being said, I think the Hornets' change of offense will show and our running backs will light up the scoreboard. 35-0 BRAHMAS. Rowe has the players believing in themselves and that can lead to a dangerous Bellville team throughout the season.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Manso/V8
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM

I ate a buffalo burger for lunch.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I am surprised bellville re-schedule this game. It will be ugly for caldwell.

You coming to the Subway Game of the Week (Bellville vs Giddings)?

1st and goal
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
You coming to the Subway Game of the Week (Bellville vs Giddings)?

Yep, planning on it myself. Believe it or not, it's my 1st trip to the pasture.

I think you guys will handle Caldwell.

Manso/V8
08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Yep, planning on it myself. Believe it or not, it's my 1st trip to the pasture.

I think you guys will handle Caldwell.

Wear some boots, you actually have to walk through a pasture and a feedlot to get to the visitor stands.

rancher
08-31-2012, 08:44 AM
How did JV and Fresh. come out last night?

Red Bull
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Bellville JV/ FR beat Caldwell JV / FR 53-0 last night. It could have been much, much worse from what I heard.

Bellville varsity wins big tonight 45-14.

StangEm
08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Who does Bellville have running QB this year? The Parker kid is a Junior this year right?

YTBulldogs
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Wear some boots, you actually have to walk through a pasture and a feedlot to get to the visitor stands.

LOL. Good luck Bellville. I see a strong performance here and a 17 point victory for Bellville.

Manso/V8
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Who does Bellville have running QB this year? The Parker kid is a Junior this year right?

The starting QB is Kyle Fuchs, a senior. He was the starter his sophomore year and slated to start last year, but was injured in the second scrimmage and missed the whole seson.
The Parker kid who played RB last year is a junior. His older brother who played CB last year graduated in the spring.

Football DAD
08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I'll be listening tonite. I think they're test will be Giddings?

rancher
08-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Bellville 77 Caldwell 15

In what I observed, Caldwell is just a bad team with a lack of talent and discipline. Bellville scored at will and could have hung 100 on the hornets. Bellville offense was on a roll with speed and a good passing attack. I was impressed with the QB play. My concern is the defensive line play for Bellville as they are not as quick and athletic as last year. Will see next week with better competition how good the bulls are.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Bellville by a lot.

Brahmas are gonna be good this year.

Damn, I mean I obviously said the brahmas were gonna dominate but 77-15?!?!?

Holy crap

bobcat04
09-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Dang Caldwell has fallen from the ranks the last couple years. Must be a bad down cycle since they have their 3rd coach in as many years.

Yoe_09
09-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Well, I am not too surprised to see this. Caldwell is hurting in the talent department as well. I wonder what their 7th & 8th grade have.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Congrats Bellville. From what I seen when we scrimmaged ya'll---your very talented and damn sure well coached. Get'em the rest of the way Bellville.

Manso/V8
09-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Bellville was up 7-0 ten seconds in to the game after Caldwell fumbled the kick off and we punched it in twice, first play was a TD called back by a holding penalty, second play was a scamper for a TD. It kind of went downhill after that for the Hornets. Caldwell would go 3 and out, with mostly incomplete passes (in to a stiff wind) out of the spread, and the Brahmas would answer with a TD on the ground and in the air in 2-3 plays. I think it was something like 35-0 at the end of the hour long 1st quarter. Bellville pulled their starters after the first series in the 3rd quarter and the second, third, and fourth string players finished it out scoring 20 and giving up 15. It wasn't like we were trying to run the score up, are two starting RB's didn't play, and we wouldn't even drop someone back for a punt return. The Brahmas looked good, but we have things to work on.

The Bull #40
09-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I was proud of the Brahmas last night, they played well and played hard even though they were playing what looked like an 8th grade B team. Caldwell also looked like they didnt have many backups so they must be having trouble getting kids to come out for football which is a sad thing to see. I wish them the best of luck rebuilding their program. On another note, we didn't have our best two running backs playing so I am excited to see how we play next week. One thing that worries me is the players getting big heads from the easy win and then getting complacent. I hope Rowe doesn't let that happen. Good win Bulls!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Tejastrue
09-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Wow..the Refugio of 3A Lol..Congrats on the big win.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Recently reading about how teams looked in their scrimmages, we easily forget the importance of special teams. Having a kicker that can boom kicks out of the end zone or a punter that pins the opponent deep in their own side of the field, gives your team a big advantage. Don't forget the deep snapper that routinely delivers a perfect ball back to the punter or holder. Bellville appears very strong in all these areas, including dangerous returners that can take it to the house. The Bulls even have a player that specializes in blocking kicks, I believe he got 5 last season.

Manso/V8
09-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Chron.com version of the game boxscore

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=149629&TeamID=168&SearchType=Teams

rancher
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Chron.com version of the game boxscore

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=149629&TeamID=168&SearchType=Teams

As I stated earlier, Bellville looks very week on the D-line and that will be their downfall when they go up against teams with a strong O-line. On offense they look to be stronger than last year. The QB play impressed me with his passing. He is tall, seems somewhat mobile and throws a good pass. I was not aware that Parker and Nunn did not play are they expected to return soon?

Manso/V8
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
As I stated earlier, Bellville looks very week on the D-line and that will be their downfall when they go up against teams with a strong O-line. On offense they look to be stronger than last year. The QB play impressed me with his passing. He is tall, seems somewhat mobile and throws a good pass. I was not aware that Parker and Nunn did not play are they expected to return soon?
I agree that the DL is not as quick as last year, it is going to be tough to match the level of last year. I wouldn't say it is very weak, the first team shut out the Hornets and we have the tools to be much better. Rowe addressed that topic in The Bellville Times article last week. He said "Last year we were very athletic up front. We may not have always played it correctly, but we were athletic enough to still make plays and be disruptive. We're still going to have some good kids up front, be we need to be a little more sound this year in our technique." The version we saw on Friday is not what we will likely see the rest of the year. Since Nunn was out, #5 was at FB, instead of DT/DE on Friday. He's as strong and quick as Ross and Green last year and will be a force on the DL. Rowe also said the starting quick guard and #43 will play at DE as well. Rowe will find the right combo and put players in the spots where they can best contribute. I agree the offense is stronger this year. The kids have a year of experience with the slot t, Fuchs at QB adds a lot of upside to the passing game, he’s got a good arm, knows how to read, and his mobility and confidence will continue to improve. The speed backs FB/RB/HB should be smarter, strong, faster this year. Parker and Nunn were expected to play Friday, but suppose they held them out to be on the safe side in recovering from what I think are ankle tweaks. The kids that started at FB/RB did a great job, so if Parker and Nunn are as good or better, it will be very interesting! The Times article also said Parker will also see some playing time in the defensive secondary.

Bull's-eye
09-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I noticed that the DL did a good job of maintaining their lanes, not allowing the QB to get out of the pocket. Last season, our quick tackles did a lot of shooting the gaps & being disruptive. Sometimes this can be very productive, but other times this can lead to giving up a big play. It's very possible that our d-line play was more by design, stay in your lanes & force the QB to beat you with his arm.

Manso/V8
09-04-2012, 12:19 AM
The DL got away with that last year because the MLB was so quick. The MLB we have this year isn't as quick, but more fundamentally sound. We have as much or more quickness at the OLB's, and definitely will have more speed in the secondary, especially if Parker is back there.

Red Bull
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow that was an ugly game. Who knows what Bellville actually has or doesn't have at this time. They looked very, very good but Caldwell looked very, very bad. I sure hope Kinkaid is more of a test this week as I expect the will be.

Go Bulls!

MJMbrahmas10
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Back on the board!
Looks to be a great season in store. Will do my best to make some games. Any word on parker and nunns injury? Amd what is injured. I find it spectacular that the bulls scored 77 without their 2 bes players

regaleagle
09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Sounds like Belleville wasted a week scheduling this game. Should've tried for a more competitive opponent this year, considering the likely paths of each team this season.

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Bell by 'bunch

Manso/V8
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Sounds like Belleville wasted a week scheduling this game. Should've tried for a more competitive opponent this year, considering the likely paths of each team this season.

Bellville vs. Caldwell has been a long-standing traditional series, maybe even dating back to the 1930's? Some years we have been district foes, some years not. A lot of our non-district games are scheduled in pairs, one home, one away, so I think this one may have already been on the schedule. The series had been pretty competitive over the decades until the last three years, 2010 - Caldwell ran roughshod over Bellville 28-0; 2011-Bellville surprised everyone with a 63-14 win; 2012- Bellville won 77-15, we had not expected to win by that margin. Going in to the game, everyone thought Caldwell was going to be stronger than last year. The Hornets have their third head coach in as many years, and their participation numbers are down, I counted 28 or 29 on varsity. I doubt we will play them next year, or the year after. After the new coach has a chance to build the program back up, it will be a better game.