PDA

View Full Version : Getting account activated

Slick50
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I know a couple of friends of mine have been waiting 5 or 6 days to get their accounts activated were they can post, does it usually take this long?

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
I know a couple of friends of mine have been waiting 5 or 6 days to get their accounts activated were they can post, does it usually take this long?

It didn't take that long for me.

Old Tiger
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM

Another reason why we need more active moderators/administrators...

Old Green
08-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I know a couple of friends of mine have been waiting 5 or 6 days to get their accounts activated were they can post, does it usually take this long?Slick50, I check 3 or 4 times a day for new accounts. We usually get one or two a day. Tell them it may be cause they were trying to register with a free email account , which the security we have kicks thm out. They must register with an email address povided by their ISP provider or a work email address. Free email accounts are yahoo, gmail, hotmail, or any of the ones that you just sign up for.

Lion70
08-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Another reason why we need more active moderators/administrators...

I am up for that job lol.

oldtownag
08-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Slick50, I check 3 or 4 times a day for new accounts. We usually get one or two a day. Tell them it may be cause they were trying to register with a free email account , which the security we have kicks thm out. They must register with an email address povided by their ISP provider or a work email address. Free email accounts are yahoo, gmail, hotmail, or any of the ones that you just sign up for.

You guys do know that about 1/2 the world uses gmail, yahoo, & hotmail accounts. In fact, both my email addresses including my work email are gmail accounts. They just don't end with a ".gmail". Excluding those accounts doesn't really add to any security.

jason
08-30-2012, 08:45 AM
banning the free accounts has nothing to do with security, that was implemented to prevent people who were banned from creating new accounts (probably 6-8 years ago).
allowing those accounts now might help stop the recession this site has been in the past couple of years.

just curious - other than the administrator, are there any true IT people on the staff?

Slick50
08-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Slick50, I check 3 or 4 times a day for new accounts. We usually get one or two a day. Tell them it may be cause they were trying to register with a free email account , which the security we have kicks thm out. They must register with an email address povided by their ISP provider or a work email address. Free email accounts are yahoo, gmail, hotmail, or any of the ones that you just sign up for.
One of them used their att.net email address. Will this work?

Old Green
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
One of them used their att.net email address. Will this work?Yes. And tell the other one to email me.

This discusion is now Closed.