PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wimberley Fans, Just Realized.....

LHPfactory
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I just realized that the last time yall won a State Championship (2005) that Liberty Hill answered with 2 (2006 + 2007), lets hope history repeats itself......:wave:

wimbo_pro
08-29-2012, 07:05 AM
I just realized that the last time yall won a State Championship (2005) that Liberty Hill answered with 2 (2006 + 2007), lets hope history repeats itself......:wave:

Ha!! Well, I tell ya what...You make it to the play offs and wind your way through a tough Region 1...and you'll get my support in the final game, except if you're playing us!!!

Gone Fishing
08-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Ha!! Well, I tell ya what...You make it to the play offs and wind your way through a tough Region 1...and you'll get my support in the final game, except if you're playing us!!!

Yep, good luck this year. Also that same year WT beat both the DI state champion and the DII state champion in the regular season. LH and Texarkana Euyla. Pretty neat feat if you can't win it yourself...Just saying

LHPfactory
08-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Yep, good luck this year. Also that same year WT beat both the DI state champion and the DII state champion in the regular season. LH and Texarkana Euyla. Pretty neat feat if you can't win it yourself...Just saying

I know its early to be thinking of such things, but the subject of this thread just came to me as I started thinking about zero week, but beating Giddings is all that matters this week.

That 2006 game in Wimberley was a hell of a game ... 48-44 Wimberley as I recall, lead changed hands several times and went to the wire With the Texans scoring the go ahead with around a minute on the clock, thanks to a huge kick off return by Buse to set up the final TD. Hopefully this years match up has energy like that, but with LH coming out on top. The latter part of the 4th quarter was:

- Wimberley Up
- LH up
- Wimberley Up
- LH with ball and little to no time, game over.... WT wins :flaming:

Gone Fishing
08-29-2012, 08:34 AM
I know its early to be thinking of such things, but the subject of this thread just came to me as I started thinking about zero week, but beating Giddings is all that matters this week.

That 2006 game in Wimberley was a hell of a game ... 48-44 Wimberley as I recall, lead changed hands several times and went to the wire With the Texans scoring the go ahead with around a minute on the clock, thanks to a huge kick off return by Buse to set up the final TD. Hopefully this years match up has energy like that, but with LH coming out on top. The latter part of the 4th quarter was:

- Wimberley Up
- LH up
- Wimberley Up
- LH with ball and little to no time, game over.... WT wins :flaming:

Yeah I remember it well to.. WT are very simular to that 06 team. lost a bunch of seniors, but have a bunch of great players returnering and a new QB. Should be fun..I don't mind if yall win as long as we get to win State!!! LOL

wimbo_pro
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Finally we get to meet when we are both strong again, like in 06 (well, maybe not THAT strong on both sides...we shall see!)!

LHPfactory
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
LH is young, but I believe we are all anticipating that they will good. I believe this years team will be a much better team in week 5 than they are in week zero, Dont think they are near where the 06 team was at this time, but we will know more on friday, and alot more when they face Wimberley.

Yes, I remember everyone counted Wimberley out after the big loss to Giddings at zero week of 2006, but that just caused them to evaluate and correct, and become one of the state's top 5 that year with out a doubt. I am sure 2012 Texans will be a contender this year with deep play experience and a good core back, at this point LH is the under dog for the Sept 28th game.

ogg
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Heck, I remember the 2009 game where LH won 27-25 went down to the wire. Wimberley scored all it points in the second half.

Hater
08-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Haha....ya, 2005 was a decent Wimberley team.. We (Columbia) played them in the second round that year, kept it close for about the first 4 minutes.

wimbo_pro
08-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Haha....ya, 2005 was a decent Wimberley team.. We (Columbia) played them in the second round that year, kept it close for about the first 4 minutes.

But that was a riveting 4 minutes!!

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Heck, I remember the 2009 game where LH won 27-25 went down to the wire. Wimberley scored all it points in the second half.

Entertaining game. We had them reeling in that 2nd half. I'd just soon forget that last play though going for the tie. I tried to call for a mulligan but no one would listen. Still had a nice run that year.

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Feel the same way Wimbo. Good luck this year LHP!

neck_06
08-29-2012, 01:21 PM
But that was a riveting 4 minutes!!

Haha, there were some memorable moments in that one.....couple good, more than a couple bad. :-/

LHPfactory
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Feel the same way Wimbo. Good luck this year LHP!

Thanks, yall also, the play offs will be full of teams like Alvarado, Celina, La Marque in DII this year, it will be a tough road from I /II and III/IV... The last team standing will likely be a Battered Champ.

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Welcome to the Downlow and appreciate the fact your first post related to Wimberley. Now tell us..who do you hate? :thinking:

Old Tiger
08-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Not likely...I don't see the talent in place like they had in 2005.

LHPfactory
08-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Not likely...I don't see the talent in place like they had in 2005.

You missed the point, I was saying that since LH won 2 after Wimberley's 1 in 2005,
LH is due for 2 more since Wimberley won another in 2011...... :confused:

Hater
08-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the Downlow and appreciate the fact your first post related to Wimberley. Now tell us..who do you hate? :thinking:

Wimberley folk.

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!! :clap: Would not have expected any other response. Go Texans!!

ogg
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Wimberley folk.

Lost Owl.

Hater
08-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Lost Owl.

That's no good, they can be sneaky little buggers. Hope you find him.

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Lost Owl.

That's no good, they can be sneaky little buggers. Hope you find him.

I think you got the little owl pegged.. ogg. The dumbass has already changed his location. That's okay..once a DA always a DA..LOL..

Hater
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
The dumbass

Well that certainly is not a nice word.

Tejastrue
08-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry..I did not mean to be so Hater-ful...let's try intellectually challenged..ass

rb585
08-30-2012, 07:34 AM

Was it even four minutes? I remember forcing a punt, scoring a TD on a TE streak route on our first offensive play, recovering a fumble on the kickoff, then scoring on our second play.

I also remember turning to wife at halftime and saying, "I have never in my life seen a team that I was rooting for, at any level, in any sport, play a better game than this."

wimbo_pro
08-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Wimberley folk.

Translation?

I hate the fact Wimberley not only beat us like we were pancake batter, but they went on to win State TWICE.

ogg
08-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Translation?

I hate the fact Wimberley not only beat us like we were pancake batter, but they went on to win State TWICE.

Hahahaha

Hater
08-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Translation?

Haha, actually, you're wrong....I'm a HUGE fan of pancake batter. That stuff is freaking great. Winning state twice? Ya, might be a tad jealous there.

Was it even four minutes? I remember forcing a punt, scoring a TD on a TE streak route on our first offensive play, recovering a fumble on the kickoff, then scoring on our second play.

I also remember turning to wife at halftime and saying, "I have never in my life seen a team that I was rooting for, at any level, in any sport, play a better game than this."

Actuallly, I think you guys got the ball first and scored on the first play (TE dump and he outran our whole team....which was concerning). Then we fumbled on the second play from scrimmage and you guys scored a couple plays later......so ya, maybe it was like 3 minutes. I remember it pretty well.....hard to erase an a$$-stomping like that from your memory.

Cam
08-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I think you got the little owl pegged.. ogg. The dumbass has already changed his location. That's okay..once a DA always a DA..LOL..

He's a District Attorney??.....dang....:vrycnfsd:

Tejastrue
08-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I guess that could make me in contempt if indeed it was an erroneous statement. I'm beginning to 'not' dislike the Hater. The jury is still out though. Lol..

wimbo_pro
08-30-2012, 12:57 PM

Ha!!!!

wimbo_pro
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM

Ha!!!!

wimbo_pro
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
What the heck??? This phone app...I dunno.