PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Fredericksburg

Cam
08-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Anyone know anything bout the Billies?...I have no clue so not sure what to expect.......

Tejastrue
08-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Ever see a battlin billie? Lol. Good head coach in his 2nd year. Largest school in our district. They'll be a lot better than their 2-8 of last year I think. They're kinda like us with most of the defense returning but questions on offense. No blazing runners or big power backs but very quick and the guys like to hit. Ya'll should have no problem. :D

Gone Fishing
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
IDk about that, Fred is my dark horse pick in our district this year.

Tejastrue
08-28-2012, 08:13 PM
That last line was some playful sarcasm GF...

Cam
08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Looks like Burnet will have their starting DT back after missing last weeks scrimmage. Not sure about our starting RG who's been out for 2 weeks with concussion he suffered at practice. I hope he's gonna be OK. He is one of the few seniors on this team and is the anchor of that O-line. Greendawg, you know anything about his status?

greendawg84
08-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Looks like Burnet will have their starting DT back after missing last weeks scrimmage. Not sure about our starting RG who's been out for 2 weeks with concussion he suffered at practice. I hope he's gonna be OK. He is one of the few seniors on this team and is the anchor of that O-line. Greendawg, you know anything about his status?

Have not heard anything yet on players.

Did hear that Coach Turner possibly broke his back this past weekend. He is still in the hospital as of last report , paralyzed on one side. So if you guys can send up a prayer for him that would be great! I will pass along any info I get.

Cam
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Have not heard anything yet on players.

Did hear that Coach Turner possibly broke his back this past weekend. He is still in the hospital as of last report , paralyzed on one side. So if you guys can send up a prayer for him that would be great! I will pass along any info I get.

yes this is very unfortunate. I heard he had surgery and was able to move his toes. I'm hearing this will be a multiple surgery ordeal for him. He's a good guy. My son has him as one of his teachers and I think he is going to help coach the 7th graders. Get well soon Coach!

Cam
08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Ever see a battlin billie? Lol. Good head coach in his 2nd year. Largest school in our district. They'll be a lot better than their 2-8 of last year I think. They're kinda like us with most of the defense returning but questions on offense. No blazing runners or big power backs but very quick and the guys like to hit. Ya'll should have no problem. :D

LOL!..No problem huh?..you mean kinda like Burnet holdin' the Texans to a big goose egg in last weeks two quarter live scrimmage!....hehehe......oh wait, but according to Wimb homers, that was only because they had their 5th and 6th stringers in there!...Coach Nelms would be ashamed of you!!..lol....Somebody on here said I was passionate about my team.....well, there is passion there...I got no dawg in this fight right now.....but I will defend the territory!......My true passion lies with my 7th grader and watching him grow into a student/athlete.....he is well on his way as he finished last year in the top 1% of his class! (if I may brag a little - in my family, we gots no dummies..well, except maybe for me!)....Now my boy wants to do it on the field....And I hope someday he'll have them nasty Texans eatin' his dust and those little rubber pellets they put on artificial turf these days!.........:taunt:

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, again, I was not there to see you guys play but y'all must have really put us in our place. I heard we didn't even get cake and ice cream afterwards. I don't recall Coach Nelms and staff ever putting too much emphasis on 'winning' a scrimmage. Take from it whatever you guys must. It's all about building confidence and lord knows a young team can use all of that they can get, especially this early. Congrats on your boy's success. I know you must be proud. If he is any kind of athlete and intelligent too..well to me..that's the most formidable type of player on the field. Now about those rubber pellets. If you saw anything down here it must have been the crickets and of course you've already had an encounter with at least one that we know of. :wave:Lol...

Gone Fishing
08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
That last line was some playful sarcasm GF...

Nope, I really do believe Fred is going to be good. (better than last few years) They had young players and now most should be seniors.

Tejastrue
08-29-2012, 07:07 PM
That last line of mine was some playful sarcasm GF...

See above...:wave:

Z's daddy
08-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Had not heard about Coach Turner. That is a tough blow for him and his family. He is a good coach and even better person. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. Will definitely keep him and his family in our prayers.

Cam
08-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, again, I was not there to see you guys play but y'all must have really put us in our place. I heard we didn't even get cake and ice cream afterwards. I don't recall Coach Nelms and staff ever putting too much emphasis on 'winning' a scrimmage. Take from it whatever you guys must. It's all about building confidence and lord knows a young team can use all of that they can get, especially this early. Congrats on your boy's success. I know you must be proud. If he is any kind of athlete and intelligent too..well to me..that's the most formidable type of player on the field. Now about those rubber pellets. If you saw anything down here it must have been the crickets and of course you've already had an encounter with at least one that we know of. :wave:Lol...

....I hear ya...Coach Jones probably feels the same..but I know he's thinking exactly what you said about building confidence...I've seen enough foosball to know the Texans are gonna have to be reckon with...AGAIN!...whats interesting is I went to the Marble Falls/Brownwood scrimmage and BW reminded me of Wimberley....BW is definitely flyin' under the radar right now but probably not for long....that D is nasty especially them LB's.....District 8-3A is going to be a battle for sure especially with Lampasas and that ugly purple jerseyed team there too!
Thanks about my boy. Yeah, I am proud! Saids his goal is to be valedictorian someday. Personally, I'd like to see him stick to baseball being a lefty and all...but we'll see....he loves that WR spot so far in practice....
...and let's keep the cricket thing quiet from now on, especially since his Yukon Cornelius was bigger than mine!...:eek:....

Cam
08-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Nope, I really do believe Fred is going to be good. (better than last few years) They had young players and now most should be seniors.

Burnet's pretty much had their way with them in the past...it might be Billy goat payback time!!....

Cam
08-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Had not heard about Coach Turner. That is a tough blow for him and his family. He is a good coach and even better person. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. Will definitely keep him and his family in our prayers.

He is a good guy for sure....Came to Burnet when my son was a freshman. Hope he's back soon!.....Heard it was a freak accident...He was swinging on one of them ropes that toss you onto the water. Rope broke and he landed on hard ground. I'll try to keep you posted on his condition.

LHdog
08-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Burnet will field its youngest varsity team in years (11 seniors playing) so the Sophs and Juniors must step up. I don't know anything about Fredericksburg so the game should be full of surprizes. Can't wait until kickoff.

greendawg84
08-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Burnet will field its youngest varsity team in years (11 seniors playing) so the Sophs and Juniors must step up. I don't know anything about Fredericksburg so the game should be full of surprizes. Can't wait until kickoff.

If my info is correct we will be starting 5 Sophmore's , thats the first time I can remember that happening .

Cam
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

Actually, I think we're down to 10 seniors. One of the boys can't play ball anymore due to injury from last year. Plus, I don't think all 10 seniors are starters....

ogg
08-30-2012, 10:50 AM

Young or not, I'll be surprised if Burnet drops this one.

Inmateboss
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
We played Burnet in 7on7, scrappy bunch of guys!!! Don't know anything about Fredricksberg, but I'll take Burnet for sure!!!