PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 0 GotW: Liberty Hill Vs. Giddings

1st and goal
08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh the smack talk of this matchup only a few years ago....

Don't know what the panthers are bringing but Giddings graduated 26. Can G town reload fast enough to keep pace with LH??? FWIW, our JV last year was FAST and they lost one game which I heard they shoulda coulda won. Multiple TDs called back. I guess we must have been holding every play according to the zebras. Anyway, The JV looked good last year when we scrimmaged Wimbo while the varsity suffered to their varsity. I'm thinking Wimbo lost a bunch of their hosses too. All this conjecture is just for comparison purposes as Giddings plays Wimbo the week after in preseason.

I remember (in the past)by about the 3rd or 4th time we played LH, our defense was well enough coached/practiced against the slot T and could actually stop them and get the ball back.

Happy to see on the Austin news that LH is finally getting new facilities. Hopefully the stadium will be done if we get to play you there next year.

If anyone would like to meet and greet behind the north end goal I would enjoy meeting you (if but for a few minutes since I have young kids in the stands).

Where are all the LH and Giddings posters?

panfan
08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh the smack talk of this matchup only a few years ago....Where are all the LH and Giddings posters?

I think we are all lying low in quiet anticipation of what we have. Young group mixed with a fair number of returning varisty players. Overall, probably bigger and faster than last year, but.... Who the hell knows at this point. Let us get through La Grange Scrimmage, and then Sealy and then we can start blowing smoke, beating the drums or whatever. Either way, at this early stage - I think the LH Giddings game will be close, and can go either way.

panfan
08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
BTW - the school and the stadium are suppose to be ready for next school year.

Old Tiger
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Hopefully there will not be a fight again.

gtownfan
08-15-2012, 10:19 AM

I hope the stadium will be ready too. Would be an honor for the Buffs to play the first regular season game there.

Any links that show what it will look like or what the plans are?

panfan
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I hope the stadium will be ready too. Would be an honor for the Buffs to play the first regular season game there.

Any links that show what it will look like or what the plans are?

http://lhisd.huckabee-inc.com/lhhs.html Unfortunately, I haven't found anything on this site that shows the layout of the stadium or mock ups. The site pictures show about where it will be relative to the school. My son and daughter are looking forward to it, as they will get to enjoy their last two years of HS at the new school and facilities.

I remember that fight, saw it just recently on you tube again for some reason. I just tell my boy, knock their jock in the dirt, help them up, then go back and do it again, and again. Whoever it is can mouth all they want, just keep knocking the snot out of them each and every play. Before long, won't be no mouthin' off. If more of the boys would take that approach, wouldn't be no fights at all. They would be too tired!! Looking forward to a high powered game against Giddings.

Old Tiger
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khSIsXBmuls

greendawg84
08-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I think we are all lying low in quiet anticipation of what we have. Young group mixed with a fair number of returning varisty players. Overall, probably bigger and faster than last year, but.... Who the hell knows at this point. Let us get through La Grange Scrimmage, and then Sealy and then we can start blowing smoke, beating the drums or whatever. Either way, at this early stage - I think the LH Giddings game will be close, and can go either way.

panfan, didnt know you was still around ! Looking forward to some jabs later on in the year !

panfan
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
panfan, didnt know you was still around ! Looking forward to some jabs later on in the year !

yep - still here. Looking forward to it.

1st and goal
08-15-2012, 04:04 PM

Similar approach for us from my perspective too. Not much cannon fodder yet.

1st and goal
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Who does LH scrimmage this year?

panfan
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Who does LH scrimmage this year?

La Grange this weekend there. Next week - Sealy.

1st and goal
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Would that Lagrange scrimmage be this Friday night at 7:30? If so, I might try to make that.

panfan
08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Would that Lagrange scrimmage be this Friday night at 7:30? If so, I might try to make that.

No sir. Saturday at 10:00 in the am. Ought to be a good one to get the season started. Who does Gidding scrimmage?

1st and goal
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
No sir. Saturday at 10:00 in the am. Ought to be a good one to get the season started. Who does Gidding scrimmage?

I was hoping it was Friday evening...I'm booked Saturday....unless I can hire a stunt double. :) I would have liked to see hook and ladder's son.

Giddings at Lampassas scrimmage Aug 17 7:30pm
Bryan Rudder at Giddings scrimmage Aug 23 7:30pm

gtownfan
08-16-2012, 10:30 AM

Giddings scrimmages Lampasas in Lampasas tomorrow night at 7:30.

panfan
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
we may run out and take a look at both teams!

Cam
08-16-2012, 12:50 PM
we may run out and take a look at both teams!

nah....come see Burnet whoop up on Somerset tomorrow in Burnet....it's closer for ya.....

hookandladder
08-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I was hoping it was Friday evening...I'm booked Saturday....unless I can hire a stunt double. :) I would have liked to see hook and ladder's son.

Giddings at Lampassas scrimmage Aug 17 7:30pm
Bryan Rudder at Giddings scrimmage Aug 23 7:30pm

If we show as much offense as last year in our scrimmage with LH , you will not miss much. I know we are picked 4th in District however if we can gell as a team we have some talent to do well, I would say this year all players are on board with the new coaching staff. This is their team and our Senior group is 100% all in, looking forward to this last year of sports for my son. Been a good ride, now just looking for a little longer season.

greendawg84
08-16-2012, 03:14 PM
nah....come see Burnet whoop up on Somerset tomorrow in Burnet....it's closer for ya.....

And we got a hell of a lot nicer field......

BEAST
08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
And we got a hell of a lot nicer field......

Havent been to Burnet in a while. Is yalls still real grass?

BEAST

panfan
08-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Might just have to do that

Cam
08-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Havent been to Burnet in a while. Is yalls still real grass?

BEAST

yep!

panfan
08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Giddings scrimmages Lampasas in Lampasas tomorrow night at 7:30.

Is it at the old Downtown stadium in Lampasas or at the newer HS stadium south of town??

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Is it at the old Downtown stadium in Lampasas or at the newer HS stadium south of town??
I don't know about scrimmages, but I'd bet it's the same as games - none at the new HS stadium because of lack of stands.

panfan
08-18-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't know about scrimmages, but I'd bet it's the same as games - none at the new HS stadium because of lack of stands.

It was at the old fields. Giddings had a lot of penalties. Giddings also moved the ball well, and pretty much shut Lampasas down. Two big ol boys in the middle. One looked to do more than the other, but the fact that these two brick walls was there created enough up the middle issues that it wasn't an easy ride up the gut. One was going both ways and you could tell he got tired. Both teams looked good for early in the season, Giddings just looked better, athletically. Lampasas seemed to execute their plays better. Given time, Giddings will be a force once they work out the early season issues.

Off to see LH and La Grange.

1st and goal
08-18-2012, 07:40 AM
It was at the old fields. Giddings had a lot of penalties. Giddings also moved the ball well, and pretty much shut Lampasas down. Two big ol boys in the middle. One looked to do more than the other, but the fact that these two brick walls was there created enough up the middle issues that it wasn't an easy ride up the gut. One was going both ways and you could tell he got tired. Both teams looked good for early in the season, Giddings just looked better, athletically. Lampasas seemed to execute their plays better. Given time, Giddings will be a force once they work out the early season issues.

Thanks for the report. Last year, the Buffs looked tired and cramped up in the heat early on. Too many video games and not enough loading hay. :)

Z's daddy
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM

I was at the game as well. I wanted to see the RB from Giddings again. He is a beast. A penalty negated a long TD run in the first series. Too many dropped passes by the WRs. Penalties and missed opportunities hurt the Buffs, but I believe they will be a tough team to beat now that they are running the spread. Plenty of speed to go around, and now with running lanes opened up by spreading out the defense, I am sure big 28 will have a monster season. From what I gather, he is a super young man as well. Polite and humble based on what I have seen the last couple of years.

Lampasas looked pretty good as well. Good overall team defense and got after the QB. Felt that Lampasas was excuting pretty well except for a couple of fumbles in Buffs territory including one in the redzone. Other than that, I felt the teams got a good sense of where they are and seemed to be pretty evenly matched. Hated to see that it was called due to lightning during Giddings second series, and Lampasas only getting one time on offense. Safety first though.

In the sub varsity games, Lampasas JV prevailed 2-0, but there is a couple of kids on the Giddings side that really turned some heads. Seemed to be playing at a different speed than the rest of the team. Lampasas Freshman won 1-0. Again i felt that both teams were evenly matched, but it seemed that Lampasas was just a little more ready to play on this day. No doubt Giddings program will be good again this year. Good luck to both teams this year.

1st and goal
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks Z. #28 has verbally committed to U of H. I'm anxious to see his speed and power this year but it takes a whole team.

Giddings scrimmages Bryan Rudder 4A this week for our final preseason prep. I've heard that Rudder has some big linemen. Planning on going. I think it's on Thursday at 7:30 (according to an schedule I found posted back in February). Somebody please correct time and date if it is wrong.

1st and goal
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Padilla poll has LH to win by 2. I think whoever has the fewer mistakes wins, its early in the season.

hookandladder
08-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Padilla poll has LH to win by 2. I think whoever has the fewer mistakes wins, its early in the season.

LH's defense seemed very suspect , in our live quarters we pretty much moved the ball at will. We were able to run or throw it and for the first time in many years this team was sucking air on defense, just have never seem a LH team that is not in decent shape early in the year. I have heard a couple OL players did not come out this year for Giddings however that may have decided to come out, if OL blocks just a little the Glenn kid could have a field day against them. I say Giddings by a TD.

Bassact
08-22-2012, 06:43 AM
LH's defense seemed very suspect , in our live quarters we pretty much moved the ball at will. We were able to run or throw it and for the first time in many years this team was sucking air on defense, just have never seem a LH team that is not in decent shape early in the year. I have heard a couple OL players did not come out this year for Giddings however that may have decided to come out, if OL blocks just a little the Glenn kid could have a field day against them. I say Giddings by a TD.

Agree if LH leaves the same groups on D that they played against LG it could be a very long season without some major improvements. I suspect this was more of an evaluation than what we will see come game day against giddings. With 2 starters on the D line not suited up and several key secondary players rotating with the offense and getting minimal time on D it was really hard to get a good feel of what LH will be doing on on either side of the ball. In 3 years this was the most rotating and moving around of players I've seen.
I'm sure Vance has a plan and will have it lined out within the next few weeks.

wimbo_pro
08-22-2012, 07:56 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? We gotta travel to that cow pasture again???? STILL not ready???? GEEEZZZZ!!!!

wimbo_pro
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Oh...forgot the reason I actually came to comment on this thread...LOL.

Liberty Hill's has always had a bit of a suspect defense...except in the years of their back-to-backers. That's the reason they were champions then...and in my opinion...the ONLY reason. LH always is tough to stop on offense and will put up points, its just that when they dominate you with thier defense as well, its just too much to handle.

Bassact
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh...forgot the reason I actually came to comment on this thread...LOL.

Liberty Hill's has always had a bit of a suspect defense...except in the years of their back-to-backers. That's the reason they were champions then...and in my opinion...the ONLY reason. LH always is tough to stop on offense and will put up points, its just that when they dominate you with thier defense as well, its just too much to handle.

Maybe that was true before and the championship runs. But the last couple of years it's been all defense for LH. The offense has been average at best only averaging around 250 yards a game with an interception are 2 thrown in for good measure.
With any kind of consistant offense LH would have been very tough out for anyone.

1st and goal
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Must be too hard to talk smack this early in the season...:1popcorn::stirpot::tongue:

LHdog
08-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I am going to Liberty Hill this afternoon to watch the Sealy scrimmage. I should have a better feel for what the Panthers are about afterward.

Bassact
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I am going to Liberty Hill this afternoon to watch the Sealy scrimmage. I should have a better feel for what the Panthers are about afterward.

LH Sealy scrimmage is in Bastrop. Fresh/JV at 5, varsity starts at 6

Manso/V8
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Must be too hard to talk smack this early in the season...:1popcorn::stirpot::tongue:

I know Joe is coming back, but what about the rest of the Buffalo line-up, what can we expect?

LHdog
08-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Bastrop is too far to drive so we ate at the Dahlia Cafe. It was good.

buff4ever
08-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Well, it is finally here. Let's play some football.

This game will be interesting. Giddings has lots of talent back at many postitions, and is replacing many starters with new faces at many positions as well (especially defense).

Surely we will se some growing pains with the new offensive changes, but I look for giddings to pull this one out in a tough one with a very good LH.

Bassact
08-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm going with the Panthers in a close one. Both teams have a lot of new faces on the field. LH D has been the heart of the team the last few years. LH D keeps it close and the O wears giddings down to win in the end. In the 2 scrimmages LH has had a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball. 1st O is looking really good, D looks good when the 1's are on the field but that puts several playing both ways.
ready fro Friday night.. It's been a long off season!

Tejastrue
08-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Just looking at Giddings schedule...brutal..you guys will have been tested come district. To both teams..best of luck on this game and the rest of the season except when we play and then it's just "hoping for a clean and injury free game". lol

Yoe_09
08-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Liberty Hill Vs. Giddings is the Region IV GOTW. Thoughts? Predictions?

1st and goal
08-28-2012, 10:27 AM
It will be close. Penalties and mistakes will decide.

If we can hold onto the ball and limit illegal procedures, I think Giddings offensive strengths will give them a 3 point differential. 34-31 Buffs.

1st and goal
08-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Just looking at Giddings schedule...brutal..you guys will have been tested come district. To both teams..best of luck on this game and the rest of the season except when we play and then it's just "hoping for a clean and injury free game". lol

I would say outside the district of doom, we have one of the toughest preseason schedules in the state.

buff4ever
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
homer post coming.

I would say between our predistrict schedule (very tough) and our district schedule, maybe second toughest in the region, we have one of the tougher overall schedules. Not the, but one of the tougher.

I can't wait for Friday

Manso/V8
08-28-2012, 08:25 PM
homer post coming.

I would say between our predistrict schedule (very tough) and our district schedule, maybe second toughest in the region, we have one of the tougher overall schedules. Not the, but one of the tougher.

I can't wait for Friday

Who has a tougher overall schedule?

buff4ever
08-29-2012, 09:02 AM
It's Wed. people, let's get it going a little.

LHPM, where are you?

panfan
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
It's Wed. people, let's get it going a little.

LHPM, where are you?

I'm not LHPM, but it'll have to do for now. I went to the La Grange scrimmage, saw the Sealy scrimmage on film, and went to see Giddings vs Lampasas scrimmage. Giddings has some athletes, fast and a big ol' bull of a running back, and two interior defensive fellas that spanned gaurd to gaurd. They also, at least during the Lampasas scrimmage, were not very disciplined, seemed to tire, and dropped a lot of passes. Ok, so it was early, and now is now. LH during their scrimmages had their fair share of issues, but looked crisper. I think we have a few things up our sleeve this year as well that we didn't have last year. So, while Giddings will have quick strike capability, penalties and an early season offense that has not come together yet, will cost them. LH will control the ball offensively, take a lot of time off the clock, and our defense, will hold their own, while giving up the occasional big pass play. THE PANFAN HAS SPOKEN!!!! LH by a TD.

hookandladder
08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm not LHPM, but it'll have to do for now. I went to the La Grange scrimmage, saw the Sealy scrimmage on film, and went to see Giddings vs Lampasas scrimmage. Giddings has some athletes, fast and a big ol' bull of a running back, and two interior defensive fellas that spanned gaurd to gaurd. They also, at least during the Lampasas scrimmage, were not very disciplined, seemed to tire, and dropped a lot of passes. Ok, so it was early, and now is now. LH during their scrimmages had their fair share of issues, but looked crisper. I think we have a few things up our sleeve this year as well that we didn't have last year. So, while Giddings will have quick strike capability, penalties and an early season offense that has not come together yet, will cost them. LH will control the ball offensively, take a lot of time off the clock, and our defense, will hold their own, while giving up the occasional big pass play. THE PANFAN HAS SPOKEN!!!! LH by a TD.

Good sound reply, I feel if Giddings does not have a number of penalties and mental mistakes on offense they win this game by a TD. Should be a great game, Good Luck to both teams.

panfan
08-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Good sound reply, I feel if Giddings does not have a number of penalties and mental mistakes on offense they win this game by a TD. Should be a great game, Good Luck to both teams.

Yep - good luck to both teams and for 4 quarters of injury free ball.

Bassact
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Everyone is being way to nice.. this is boring.. So lets have some fun!
LH rolls by 10.. Giddings big back gets his but LH plays the starting DB's unlike in the scrimmages and shutsdown the pass. LH fullbacks hammer the middle until the big boys are begging to come off the field while the young Soph. finish it off while getting some real game experience.

buff4ever
08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Much better, now get yalls butt on over here for a whippin' in G-Town

Buff42
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Hopefully there will not be a fight again.

I doubtvery seriously that there will be a fight. The new Giddings staff will have all the players gather in the middle of the field for a joint prayer after the game (which is a pretty classy move move IMO). Also, IMO, there is more emphasis on sportsmanship and touchy feely stuff than on balls to the wall, win at any cost mentality around these parts these days. Strength and conditioning seems to be less of a focus than it used to be, that's for sure.

Before anyone piles on, I'm not saying the kids weren't taught sportsmanship and respect by the previous staff- in fact I think it's quite the opposite- I don't think the previous staff got enough credit for the discipline and respect the kids had and were taught. I'm doing a really poor job of saying that it's a fine line for a high school coach to walk in order to have nice, respecful athletes that still have the ability to be mean SOBs once they buckle up the chinstrap and IMO we're a little off the line to the side of being nice guys this year.

I was hugely disappointed in the fight during that playoff game- I'm not pointing any fingers, there is enough blame to go around between both teams and it was probably the worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen. I hope it's never repeated, but at the same time, there is a certain tough guy mentaility (swagger?) that the Buffs seem to be missing these days.

All this made sense in my head. Not sure it's any better than Chinese once I wrote it though. :vrycnfsd:

1st and goal
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I was gonna write about some swagger I saw at a preseason game last year but I did not see it re-occur at any other game so it must have been "handled".

That being said, I did not see the scrimmage against Lampasses but I was told we looked night and day better against Bryan Rudder. I'm still holding to my Giddings by at least at least 3 points. One thing I'm worried about is, if your slot T breaks through the line and gets into the secondary...I'm worried that our safety is gonna lay the wood to your big backs.

Actually, 2 years ago, after playing numerous games against versions of the slot T, our D learned how to control it. But those guys are gone and the new guys are gonna have to learn quick.

Bassact
08-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Their won't be any fighting.. At least i hope not. Only fighting out of a LH team Ive seen over the last couple of years was during a JV game and that individual is no longer playing football.
Don't be worried about your safety, the LH backs probably average 175 soaking wet. The question is can he catch them after they pop thru the line and he has to stop turn around and start chasing them.
Seriously I think it'll be a great opener.. Main things I'm looking for - LH eliminating the little mistakes, last couple of years penalties at the worste possible times have killed them and stopped a lot of game ending drives or kept drives alive that have cost them a couple of games. Fumbles - LH backs are notorious for having fumblitis early in the season. Special teams - Will LH finally attemp to return a punt? LH D has been solid and forced a lot of punts only to have the return man let the ball bounce costing LH a ton of yards in field possition and giving the advantage back to the opponent.
And the best part of HS football - all the kids competing hard, having fun with no injuries..

1st and goal
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Their won't be any fighting.. At least i hope not. Only fighting out of a LH team Ive seen over the last couple of years was during a JV game and that individual is no longer playing football.
Don't be worried about your safety, the LH backs probably average 175 soaking wet. The question is can he catch them after they pop thru the line and he has to stop turn around and start chasing them.
Seriously I think it'll be a great opener.. Main things I'm looking for - LH eliminating the little mistakes, last couple of years penalties at the worste possible times have killed them and stopped a lot of game ending drives or kept drives alive that have cost them a couple of games. Fumbles - LH backs are notorious for having fumblitis early in the season. Special teams - Will LH finally attemp to return a punt? LH D has been solid and forced a lot of punts only to have the return man let the ball bounce costing LH a ton of yards in field possition and giving the advantage back to the opponent.
And the best part of HS football - all the kids competing hard, having fun with no injuries..

Good post. Siimilar "ituses" or gremlins (if you will) take their toll on the Buffs.

I will be praying for an injury free game during our "silent time".

Rattler
08-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Lh by 7

OldBison75
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Okay guys, I am gonna go out on the limb and make a bold statement. I believe that this year will be a big year for Liberty Hill. I believe the slot-t will be humming and they will give most everybody all they can handle. If they can keep away from the dropped balls by the running backs, Liberty Hill wins this game by 14. If they don't, it will be a dogfight. I believe the LH defense will be really good this year and the offense is catching up fast.

Buff42
08-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I hope this is a good, tough, close game. I pick Giddings by 4 in a late 4th quarter come from behind win.

I hope it's a great year for both teams. 3A football is better when both Giddings and Liberty Hill are good.

Manso/V8
08-29-2012, 08:09 PM

You've just about convinced me to pick Giddings in the one......still on the fence though.

regaleagle
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I really didn't know who to pick in this one, so I abstained until tonite(Wed.) to read more and hear more about both squads. Guess what....I still don't know who to pick. I'm gonna give my vote to Giddings in this one, just because of that big ol' back I'm hearing about and the way they run their offense. I'm sure it will be a rock-em sock-em game.

Gone Fishing
08-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Im going with LH because if their crazing running machine is back to form, most defenses don't know how to stop it.. Notice I said "most defenses"...

1st and goal
08-29-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm anxious to see our star running back play, how they use him and how they spread it around to keep the defenses honest...but I want to see the rest of the team perform up to his level. It will be gratifying to see defenses key on him on a fake handoff, and then watch to see what happens. I haven't seen him play this year yet, but he looks like he's really strengthened up all over. Maybe 20 lbs worth.

Last year in preseason, it looked like he was running gassers. Maybe because he was getting so many yards. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2012, 05:22 AM
If anyone would like to meet and greet behind the north end goal I would enjoy meeting you (if but for a few minutes since I have young kids in the stands).

I'll be there. I'm not skeered. :p

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2012, 05:24 AM
LH rolls by 10...
I've got your 10 and raise you by 3. :D

garciap77
08-30-2012, 07:48 AM
I've got your 10 and raise you by 3. :D

I got your 13 and raise you by 7!:)

YTBulldogs
08-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Giddings by 21, 38-17.

LHdog
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Liberty Hill tends to struggle offensively against teams with big defensive tackles and Giddings has them. Also the Giddings RB is D1 material if his grades as good. I have to give the edge to the Buffs with home field advantage. 21-14 Buffalos.

panfan
08-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Liberty Hill tends to struggle offensively against teams with big defensive tackles and Giddings has them. Also the Giddings RB is D1 material if his grades as good. I have to give the edge to the Buffs with home field advantage. 21-14 Buffalos.

Yeah they were big, but one of them was pushed around quite a bit, and in fact put on his keester several times. Yes he took up a large portion of the middle, but quick, tough linemen, which Lampasas had, move the kid. The other kid was quicker and more athletiic. He was also going both ways and clearly got tired. Like I said before, LH will execute, which will be the difference in the game. Giddings may well just have more talent, but talent without execution...... We all know how that goes. LH by 7

1st and goal
08-30-2012, 11:40 AM
A well oiled slot T with a good O line is a thing of beauty. However, I will buy all the oil on the shelves between LH and Giddings so that you guys might rust up a bit...

buff4ever
08-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah they were big, but one of them was pushed around quite a bit, and in fact put on his keester several times. Yes he took up a large portion of the middle, but quick, tough linemen, which Lampasas had, move the kid. The other kid was quicker and more athletiic. He was also going both ways and clearly got tired. Like I said before, LH will execute, which will be the difference in the game. Giddings may well just have more talent, but talent without execution...... We all know how that goes. LH by 7

Are you claiming that Giddings will not execute here. Or is that your wish, since you fear we have more talent, that we will become like many of your opponents and not execute? The problem for most of your opponents isn't that they don't execute offensively, it is that their defense can't execute well enough against your well executed offense. That will be the key to a Buff victory is for the defense to make quick stops and get the ball back in our skilled players hands. If we allow LH to burn up the clock and limit our positions, 14 or 21 may be enough. If we get the ball the normal amount of times then I don't even think that 21 will be enough.

Roughneck93
08-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Still on the fence with this game. Gonna think about a little longer.

panfan
08-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't fear ya'll have more talent - said may have more talent. I did not claim the Buffs would not execute, just made a general observation - talent without execution...... Buffs may well come out, execute their offense and their defense perfectly, but because I'm a homer, I will stay LH by 7. Penalties seem to be plagueing the Buffs though, and that is part of executing. Like always, team with fewest penalites and turnovers will likely take this one. Off to see the JV - Go Panthers!.

Buff42
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Freshman and JV scores anybody?

buff4ever
08-30-2012, 08:08 PM
That is funny, we have a holding call on a called back 70 yard TD in a SCRIMMAGE, now we are plagued with penalties before the first game. I like your style panfan.

So have yall fumbled yet during one of yor scrimmages so I can say yall are plagued with fumblitis?

Buff42
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
That's good stuff right there.......

1st and goal
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Been waiting for tomorrow since last November....Didn't think it was ever gonna get here.

LET'S ROLL BUFFS!!!

buff4ever
08-30-2012, 09:56 PM
The buff freshman won 52 - 28 and the panther jv won 30 something to 30 something, heard jv Game was a very good game.

panfan
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
That is funny, we have a holding call on a called back 70 yard TD in a SCRIMMAGE, now we are plagued with penalties before the first game. I like your style panfan.

So have yall fumbled yet during one of yor scrimmages so I can say yall are plagued with fumblitis?

Good stuff right there. Looking forward to the game, ought to be a real battle.

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2012, 04:56 AM
The buff freshman won 52 - 28 and the panther jv won 30 something to 30 something, heard jv Game was a very good game.

I never saw the final of either because I was in the concession stand. I know our JV had 37, but there was a kid's head in the way, so didn't see Buffs score.

panfan
08-31-2012, 09:15 AM

It was a very good game, 37-34. Lh struck first witha long drive and TD, then Buffs came back and scored quick. LH defense did its job, but Buffs quick screen pass was effective. it went back and forth. LH had a little more than a TD lead in the fourth, then committed some costly penalties that put the Buffs in scoring position, and well, they scored. That made it a 3 point game. Buffs went for an onside kick, but LH recovered, then ran the time out.

Good, respectable showing for both teams. Go LH!

Super_R
08-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Come on with the come on!

1st and goal
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Come on with the come on!

Super_R, I know from history that nobody can bring it like you. In fact, I've been wondering where you, LHHex, LH dog, and all your peeps have been hiding. I gotta feeling tonight's game might be similar to the JV game,,,except that GIDDINGS WILL WIN!!!

1 thang I can guarantee, ITS GONNA BE HOTTTT!

LHPfactory
08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Giddings must have a good freshman group, the current LH freshmen class has always been good.... Wonder what's up with that?

1st and goal
08-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Y'all drive safe now, ya hear? (only old peeps that knew who Jed Clampett was will get this)

Super_R
08-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Super_R, I know from history that nobody can bring it like you. In fact, I've been wondering where you, LHHex, LH dog, and all your peeps have been hiding. I gotta feeling tonight's game might be similar to the JV game,,,except that GIDDINGS WILL WIN!!!

1 thang I can guarantee, ITS GONNA BE HOTTTT!

I don't know much about us...yet. I'll be on top of things after tonight. I know we've had some big plays thus far against some good teams. We have one of the fastest players that has come through LH running the ball. And possibly one of the best double threat since Perrin at QB.

Only time will tell

Bassact
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Giddings must have a good freshman group, the current LH freshmen class has always been good.... Wonder what's up with that?

A lot of the Freshman are on JV.. We have a ton a Soph on varsity and they will be filling vacated skill positions. This will be a very young LH team. Even with 12 returning starters from what we've seen in the scrimmages they have been moved from their "normal" position that they had been playing the last couple of years.

1st and goal
08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Anyone know if this is on the radio or net cast?

1st and goal
08-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Final score LH 29 Giddings 17

A painful game for Buff fans to watch. The Panthers are a well coached, disciplined, in shape group of atheletes.

Giddings was up 10-0 and then messed up receiving a punt, and back to back fumbles on returning kickoffs changed the score really quik to LH 14-Buffs 10 After turning over the ball again on a run play, we were lucky just before the half to stop another sure TD by LH when our guy intercepted Lh on the 4 yd line.

The Panthers ran their ball control game plan effectively in the 2nd half. They were busy pounding out their running game at a hurry up pace and our guys were laying all over the field cramping up. Yes, we had a few shiny spots here and there, but if I could, I would give game balls to most every player for LH. Their defense for the most part stayed on assignments and their D line was in our backfield multiple times sacking or hurrying our QB. #5 on offense gets an extra game ball. The rest of the O did a great job. The Panthers look like a team that is already tuned up for district.

The Buffs have plenty of talent. They need more practice and I wish they were in better shape or play less on both sides of the ball. They did this last year for the first 4 weeks or so too (cramping up).

I hope everyone gets home safe and LHPM, it was good to meet and greet you again!

I'm debating on crow a la mode or buffalo crow. Maybe both. Or maybe some humble crow pie.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

gtownfan
08-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Sorry, that was not the final!

In the final 2 minutes, Giddings scored a long TD, recovered an on-side kick and then scored on a 4o yard TD pass and made the 2, to go up 32 to 29.

Thanks to a long run by the Panthers and a 15 yards penalty, the Panthers were on the buffs 20 with a minute left. They ended up missing a 45 yard field goal that was just wide left (it was long enough).

Buffs kneel on the ball to run the clock out and win 32 to 29.

buff4ever
08-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Sorry 1st and goal left early, that was a heck of a game. Giddings scored twice including recovering a onside kick after the first to win 32 - 29.

LH has a very good football team, and I expect they will do very well. Giddings was cramping, as we had a lot of players going both ways. LH had some kids cramping as well, but not as many. Giddings boys showed no quit abd hopefully this win will help them as we move in to another tough week with wimberley.

Great game LH, safe trip home.

panfan
09-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Sorry 1st and goal left early, that was a heck of a game. Giddings scored twice including recovering a onside kick after the first to win 32 - 29.

LH has a very good football team, and I expect they will do very well. Giddings was cramping, as we had a lot of players going both ways. LH had some kids cramping as well, but not as many. Giddings boys showed no quit abd hopefully this win will help them as we move in to another tough week with wimberley.

Great game LH, safe trip home.

Damn, that was a good game. I think we counted our chickens a bit too early. Like I said early, Buffs had quickstrike capability and it showed there in the last 2 minutes. That on side kick muff on our part and recovery by your guys was the nail in the coffin. Both teams played hard, Good game Buffs, and good luck with rest of season.

regaleagle
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow, what an ending. I was confused about the score from what I saw posted on Fox and what this thread was saying. Thanks for the clarification and the description of the exciting ending. Just Wow!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Ugh (and wow!)!!!!! Congrats, Giddings. IMO,Giddings #28 has some of the best moves I have seen in a number of years.

It was an epic finish and touch to watch from our side. I was pleased with how we did, overall, and look forward to watching this Panther team grow & improve each week. We should be firing on all cylinders come district!

First & goal - it was great to visit with you again! Sucks for you that you had to leave early. :p

1st and goal
09-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I stand TOTALLY corrected and sorry for the preliminary report.

I had to leave early as my 3 small children were all falling asleep.

All I can say is WOW. And, it's amazing what can happen in 2 minutes.

LHPfactory
09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Giddings looks to be very talented this year. LH handed Giddings a$$ to them, then handed them the game. This reminded me of the 2006 LH @ Cuero game, this is the best LH team I have seen since those days. The high intensity is back, if this group responds correctly to this loss, opponents better watch out.

Was Giddings struggling that hard to keep up with LH or were they faking the cramps to slow the 4 headed monster down? It just seemed like at least a dozen times there was a Giddings kid down when LH was on offense.
Yes I said 4 headed, Wells is looking to be the best QB we have had, and only a soph.
Any way, Congrats to Giddings, The Giddings vs Wimberley game should be a good one.

LHPfactory
09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Giddings looks to be very talented this year. LH handed Giddings a$$ to them, then handed them the game. This reminded me of the 2006 LH @ Cuero game, this is the best LH team I have seen since those days. The high intensity is back, if this group responds correctly to this loss, opponents better watch out.

Was Giddings struggling that hard to keep up with LH or were they faking the cramps to slow the 4 headed monster down? It just seemed like at least a dozen times there was a Giddings kid down when LH was on offense.
Yes I said 4 headed, Wells is looking to be the best QB we have had, and only a soph.
Any way, Congrats to Giddings, The Giddings vs Wimberley game should be a good one.

I didnt meat to sound negative on Giddings, both teams played lights out, and it was a very exciting game. Giddings did what needed to be done to win, and I bet after those last two possessoins by Giddings the total game yards for both were close. I believe both LH and Giddings will have very good teams this year. Wimberley better be ready for week 1, you have a worthy opponent.

Is that QB Alan Dock's (from the 2006 team) little brother, if so thats a football family for sure.