PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 0 GotW: La Vega Vs. Palestine

Yoe_09
08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
La Vega Vs. Palestine is the Region III GOTW. Thoughts? Predictions?

Ville-D
08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
La Vega by 34

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2012, 10:28 PM
La Vega by 34

I don't know if La Vega will win by 34, but I think that they will pull out the w.

regaleagle
08-28-2012, 12:10 AM
SHHHHHHUUUUUUUUSH. I'ma gonna give a vote to Palestine. Yep, I sure am. :stirpot:

easttexas3a
08-28-2012, 10:05 AM
LA Vega beat Palestine 35-20 last year in the first round of the playoffs. Both teams bring back 15 plus starters. No reason to believe it will not be a competitive game considering it is in Palestine.

I think Palestine can pull off the upset. I could see LA Vega winning big, but it would be more of the 35-14 variety, not by 34 :O

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
WOW! This should be one of the better 3A games this week and no one is talking about it.. SMH!

easttexas3a
08-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I guess I will take a shot at breaking it down since I saw this game in the playoffs last year.

Palestine will have a couple of big issues to pull off the upset.

#1 they must find a passing game. When they played last year, Palestine could not throw the ball much, had a 3rd string qb playing for the better part of the year and that area of offense never got going the way it needed to get going.

#2 they must get La Vega's offense off the field when given the oppurtunity. Last year on 4th and 10 Palestine gave up a 30 yard touchdown pass at the very beginning of the game. In the 4th quarter when it was 21-14 La Vega, Palestine gave up a 30 yard run on 3rd and 9. Worst part about it.....they had Gober(sp?) in the backfield.

#3 they must get the young o-line to gel. They are only returning two offensive lineman, and the 3 they lost were all 1rst string all district.

For La Vega

#1 Do not turn the ball over. Can not allow for there to be a big interception or fumble early in the game on the road.

#2 Limit penalties. Have to be disciplined and keep the penalties, especially the big ones to a minimal.

#3 Do not allow Palestine to get the run game going and force them to pass. La Vega shut down Palestine last year for a half. Coming out of halftime though, they gave up nearly 200 yards that second half, and most of it was on the ground.

The fact this game is in Palestine, and that it is opening night, leads me to believe anything could happen from a La Vega big win, to Palestine firmly putting themselves on the map.

HEMOTOXIC
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I guess I will take a shot at breaking it down since I saw this game in the playoffs last year.

Palestine will have a couple of big issues to pull off the upset.

#1 they must find a passing game. When they played last year, Palestine could not throw the ball much, had a 3rd string qb playing for the better part of the year and that area of offense never got going the way it needed to get going.

#2 they must get La Vega's offense off the field when given the oppurtunity. Last year on 4th and 10 Palestine gave up a 30 yard touchdown pass at the very beginning of the game. In the 4th quarter when it was 21-14 La Vega, Palestine gave up a 30 yard run on 3rd and 9. Worst part about it.....they had Gober(sp?) in the backfield.

#3 they must get the young o-line to gel. They are only returning two offensive lineman, and the 3 they lost were all 1rst string all district.

For La Vega

#1 Do not turn the ball over. Can not allow for there to be a big interception or fumble early in the game on the road.

#2 Limit penalties. Have to be disciplined and keep the penalties, especially the big ones to a minimal.

#3 Do not allow Palestine to get the run game going and force them to pass. La Vega shut down Palestine last year for a half. Coming out of halftime though, they gave up nearly 200 yards that second half, and most of it was on the ground.

The fact this game is in Palestine, and that it is opening night, leads me to believe anything could happen from a La Vega big win, to Palestine firmly putting themselves on the map.

Good Stuff..

Now if can get some La Vega folks to join.

Rattler
08-30-2012, 12:55 PM
La Vega by 10

Roughneck93
08-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I'll go with La Vega by 14.

Saggy Aggie
08-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I'll go with La Vega by 14.

I'll take LV by 21. I expect big things from them this year.

I was real impressed with LV against Chill last year. They SHOULD win this game fairly decisively.