PDA

View Full Version : Come on People!

Phil C
08-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I mean this People! This is 3A downlow sports thread . I reluctantly allowed for Tour de France and Olympics discussion since we needed to get by July and August.
But we are in the first week of 3A football season and that is utmost important. I could see discussion of some volleyball but by golly this is Texas and football is number 1 especially 3A High School Football. Yet I still see discussions on Lance Armstrong and the Dallas Cowboys and Aggies and even Vince Young for crying out loud. And some of you still even post Olympics news over an event that is over.
Come on People! Get with it! 3A Football. This is too important at this point and time. I am so ashamed of you all. I hope some of you will change your ways and show some progress for a change . So let's get with 3A football discussion.
Some people are just plain disgusting.

:flaming:

Gsquared
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I mean this People! This is 3A downlow sports thread . I reluctantly allowed for Tour de France and Olympics discussion since we needed to get by July and August.
But we are in the first week of 3A football season and that is utmost important. I could see discussion of some volleyball but by golly this is Texas and football is number 1 especially 3A High School Football. Yet I still see discussions on Lance Armstrong and the Dallas Cowboys and Aggies and even Vince Young for crying out loud. And some of you still even post Olympics news over an event that is over.
Come on People! Get with it! 3A Football. This is too important at this point and time. I am so ashamed of you all. I hope some of you will change your ways and show some progress for a change . So let's get with 3A football discussion.

I thought football started next week Phil. I was about to make a rugby post, glad I didnt.

Tejastrue
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4784246356246599&id=c4cc04b2b30d2811025eec1c5e1f86de

Ville-D
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Its all I have been talking about but nobody wants to talk Stephenville football with me... :weeping:

OldNavy
08-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Its all I have been talking about but nobody wants to talk Stephenville football with me... :weeping:
But, enough about me, why don't you talk about me?

Bullaholic
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
We're all weak and worthless, Phil......

Manso/V8
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4784246356246599&id=c4cc04b2b30d2811025eec1c5e1f86de

Heard a rumor that Wimberley was the subject of an upcoming documentary called Prozacville.
Perhaps this is a leaked promo?

OldBison75
08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Let's see---was it Barack Obama that said that Stephenville was really Brownwood Junior High? I can't remember where I heard that for sure, but Brownwood has some pretty good JH football teams.

Tejastrue
08-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Heard a rumor that Wimberley was the subject of an upcoming documentary called Prozacville.
Perhaps this is a leaked promo?

Could be..but it just seems that documentary name would be more fitting for those Ville schools...

Ville-D
08-27-2012, 08:15 PM
But, enough about me, why don't you talk about me?

Glad you get it.

Manso/V8
08-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Could be..but it just seems that documentary name would be more fitting for those Ville schools...

touché

OldNavy
08-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Glad you get it.
I get it and I like it. I remember when Celina came up after winning a 4th consecutive championship in 2A and the board was full of all their state records. Then several years later Brownwood moved down and the spent the next 3 or 4 years telling us all how they would dominate little ole' 3A. Oh, Liberty Hill had a never ending story of winning state championships with the slot T, then Carthage became the beast from the east, or is that Gilmer? Now Stephenville claims they are dominant. Don't know were Melissa is, coming off a state championship in 2A, and moving up. Perhaps they haven't discovered the internet yet. Then there are some really good teams waiting in he wings for a breakthrough season. Seems like no one told them it can't be done, so they want to line up and get it on. They are not ready to concede that the new move ins to 3A will dominate. There seems to be a lot of teams this year that have a chance at a great season, even Stephenville.

AP Panther Fan
08-29-2012, 11:02 AM

You and Lance have been in my thoughts and prayers. ;)