PDA

View Full Version : Refugio @ Ingleside

99IHSMustang
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Alright, let’s get this one started. Sounds like Refugio has pretty much replaced the seniors that they lost last year and once again sound pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Ingleside has lost the twin combo of the McHugh brothers, but have also have found suitable replacements. From the reports from scrimmages that I have read AP and Yoakum had little to no success moving the ball on the ground, but Yoakum fared better on the pass game. Refugio looked sharp offensively against both opponents. The first string didn't score on AP and scored 3 times versus Yoakum. The scrimmages that Ingleside played in went well for them also. They held Kingsville to two scores and scored 5 offensively. The defense completely shut down Taft and once again scored 5 times.

Home field advantage may help the Mustangs in this one. It is a game that IMO will be much closer than most expect. I like the Mustangs by 7. Ingleside has always been a balanced team offensively and I think they will expose the secondary if that is their weakest link. I don't expect this to be a low scoring game.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Alright, let’s get this one started. Sounds like Refugio has pretty much replaced the seniors that they lost last year and once again sound pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Ingleside has lost the twin combo of the McHugh brothers, but have also have found suitable replacements. From the reports from scrimmages that I have read AP and Yoakum had little to no success moving the ball on the ground, but Yoakum fared better on the pass game. Refugio looked sharp offensively against both opponents. The first string didn't score on AP and scored 3 times versus Yoakum. The scrimmages that Ingleside played in went well for them also. They held Kingsville to two scores and scored 5 offensively. The defense completely shut down Taft and once again scored 5 times.

Home field advantage may help the Mustangs in this one. It is a game that IMO will be much closer than most expect. I like the Mustangs by 7. Ingleside has always been a balanced team offensively and I think they will expose the secondary if that is their weakest link. I don't expect this to be a low scoring game.Difference in the game for Ingleside is if they have a line that can push them around offensively then should be a scoring spree. Refugio will score several times in this game, it's going to come down if Ingleside can be more explosive.

99IHSMustang
08-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Difference in the game for Ingleside is if they have a line that can push them around offensively then should be a scoring spree. Refugio will score several times in this game, it's going to come down if Ingleside can be more explosive.

From what I have heard, Ingleside does not have a big offensive line.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2012, 01:06 PM
would had like to seen this game, but i'll be checking in to see updates. Anybody doing updates?

99IHSMustang
08-27-2012, 01:11 PM
would had like to seen this game, but i'll be checking in to see updates. Anybody doing updates?

I plan on being there and possibly posting qtr to qtr, but the caller times has begun for the last 2 season posting update on their live chat feed during Fridays.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I plan on being there and possibly posting qtr to qtr, but the caller times has begun for the last 2 season posting update on their live chat feed during Fridays.yea but sometimes its easier to follow here. I'll be checking the scores here and at halftime i'll check in on the caller times. good luck to the Mustangs, great matchup to start the season.

MUSTANG69
08-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Home field advantage may help the Mustangs in this one. It is a game that IMO will be much closer than most expect. I like the Mustangs by 7. Ingleside has always been a balanced team offensively and I think they will expose the secondary if that is their weakest link. I don't expect this to be a low scoring game.

I think this could be a very high scoring shootout but I have heard Ingleside's defense looks pretty good at this point. If they can slow Refugio down and the offense can take advantage of Refugio's secondary then maybe we come out on top. Also I don't think Refugio saw a running back like Marquise Barolle in their two scrimmages.

99IHSMustang
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I think this could be a very high scoring shootout but I have heard Ingleside's defense looks pretty good at this point. If they can slow Refugio down and the offense can take advantage of Refugio's secondary then maybe we come out on top. Also I don't think Refugio saw a running back like Marquise Barolle in their two scrimmages.

Ingleside will be a little under the radar this year, but that could very well change after Friday night. AP had a good running back, but their offensive is completely different that Ingleside's. I believe Marquise is going to open a couple of eyes and cause some fits on Friday.

MustangFootball
08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Ingleside lost more than the Mchuges, they also lost WR /CB Barajas, Tristan's brother and Russo a 6-3 DE plus many other starters to graduation, but this year they are playing more as a team....they looked really good in both their scrimmages. I don't believe that Refugio has played a team that is equally as explosive as they are an make u defend they whole field. This should be a good game and good test for both teams.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2012, 06:07 AM
I see a HIGH scoring affair here. That QB from Refugio throws a pretty ball and can sling it deep even in a stiff breeze. Amazing arm this kid has. But, they can be thrown on as well. I see something like 50-48 here. A shoot-out.

MUSTANG69
08-28-2012, 10:33 AM
I see a HIGH scoring affair here. That QB from Refugio throws a pretty ball and can sling it deep even in a stiff breeze. Amazing arm this kid has. But, they can be thrown on as well. I see something like 50-48 here. A shoot-out.

One of the local sports show hosts said that Refugio would have 60 pts. midway thru the 3rd qtr. I think he might be a little off. Maybe he thinks Ingleside is like one of those schools in Refugio's district.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Its actually 50 points by 3rd qtr

YTBulldogs
08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
They are good, but--don't see them scoring 70, 80+ points here. Just don't see that. Maybe against Banquette?

MUSTANG69
08-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Its actually 50 points by 3rd qtr

I think your prediction might be a little high also.:)

99IHSMustang
08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
One of the local sports show hosts said that Refugio would have 60 pts. midway thru the 3rd qtr. I think he might be a little off. Maybe he thinks Ingleside is like one of those schools in Refugio's district.

I wonder what would be said if Ingleside wins. That it was a fluke... lol

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Its actually 50 points by 3rd qtrthat was not prediction that was the local radio sports dude that said 50 and not 60 points. Come on mustang69 get it right! A bet is on the line for that ex pirate lol! If Ingleside gives up less than 50 he loses the bet and don't remember the rest of the bet. Talk hosts are ex pirates from Rockport and Sinton.

99IHSMustang
08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
that was not prediction that was the local radio sports dude that said 50 and not 60 points. Come on mustang69 get it right! A bet is on the line for that ex pirate lol! If Ingleside gives up less than 50 he loses the bet and don't remember the rest of the bet. Talk hosts are ex pirates from Rockport and Sinton.

Figures... Either way that sounds crazy. I can't see that happening.

MUSTANG69
08-28-2012, 03:10 PM
that was not prediction that was the local radio sports dude that said 50 and not 60 points. Come on mustang69 get it right! A bet is on the line for that ex pirate lol! If Ingleside gives up less than 50 he loses the bet and don't remember the rest of the bet. Talk hosts are ex pirates from Rockport and Sinton.

Now you are making sense. Your post appeared to be a prediction. Is the talk host that said 50 a Sinton Pirate or R-F Pirate?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Now you are making sense. Your post appeared to be a prediction. Is the talk host that said 50 a Sinton Pirate or R-F Pirate?
i think it was the one from Sinton.

I actually was going to pick Ingleside to win later in the week but i'll put it right now.

Ingleside 41 Refugio 32

I have Refugio going for 2 points a few times and not making some.

MUSTANG69
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM

I actually was going to pick Ingleside to win later in the week but i'll put it right now.

Ingleside 41 Refugio 32

I hope you are right. I think a whole lot depends on how well the Mustangs young receivers performs.

99IHSMustang
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Ingleside 41 Refugio 32

Well you are one of the very few and I hope we are both right.

MustangFootball
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I hope they don't beat us 99-6........lmao, these guys just don't have a clue!

Ranger354
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
First game of the year is always hard to pick. Sure thought Sinton would have done better against Hondo last year, but they didn't.

Refugio lost a couple of play makers as well as Ingelside. But I still think Refugio takes this one. At least by 2 TDs.

Just my opinion.

Phil C
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Ingleside wins 20 to 14.

pirate4state
08-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I wish this game could end in a tie. :)

99IHSMustang
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I wish this game could end in a tie. :)

That would be no good, but I can see the humor in that. :)

YTBulldogs
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Ingleside wins 20 to 14.

That would be something holding this talented, powerful, quick striking offense to only 14 points Phil. Just not sure IS can. I see a shoot-out here. Last team with the ball wins.

Eagle 1
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
I think Refugio will score at least 32 points, so Ingleside better be able to score at least that.

sinfan75
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm goin with Refugio 49-28.

MustangFootball
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I think the mustangs are gonna do what they always do, come out and play hard despite their opponent. I feel really good about this game, I think the Mustangs will win this game and win convincingly....I'm not talking about a blow out cause that's just absurd but without leaving any doubt who the better team is that night.... Let's hope this game doesn't come down to an extra point cause Ingleside does not have a kicker, I mean he's not very good, that might be our biggest weakness.

99IHSMustang
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I think the mustangs are gonna do what they always do, come out and play hard despite their opponent. I feel really good about this game, I think the Mustangs will win this game and win convincingly....I'm not talking about a blow out cause that's just absurd but without leaving any doubt who the better team is that night.... Let's hope this game doesn't come down to an extra point cause Ingleside does not have a kicker, I mean he's not very good, that might be our biggest weakness.

I hope you are right MF. Does Ingleside have many players going both ways?

MustangFootball
08-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah they have a few, but Hesseltine is good at rotating his players in and out to give starters a break. But primarily he has his offense and defense.

raider red 2000
08-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Should be fun to watch. I will be there wearing black and orange :)

29-3aFAN
08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Refugio 55-28

sinfan75
08-30-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the mustangs are gonna do what they always do, come out and play hard despite their opponent. I feel really good about this game, I think the Mustangs will win this game and win convincingly....I'm not talking about a blow out cause that's just absurd but without leaving any doubt who the better team is that night.... Let's hope this game doesn't come down to an extra point cause Ingleside does not have a kicker, I mean he's not very good, that might be our biggest weakness. I laugh because you base your prediction on scrimmages. This Refugio team is loaded with returning starters.... From a state championship team!!! You think their secondary is weak? You'll see! If ya'll pull it off maybe 30aaa gettin back to the way it used to be.... one of the strongest in the state.

raider red 2000
08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Refugio wins both sub varsity games. I don't recall the score of the first one, refugio by 2 td's i think. 2nd game 19-13.

MustangFootball
08-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I laugh because you base your prediction on scrimmages. This Refugio team is loaded with returning starters.... From a state championship team!!! You think their secondary is weak? You'll see! If ya'll pull it off maybe 30aaa gettin back to the way it used to be.... one of the strongest in the state.

I'm not basing my prediction on any scrimmage, I could careless who Refugio has coming back, they still have to stop our high power and explosive offense. I don't think our district gets the respect it deserves. It's a battle every week come district play. I don't think anyone in Ingleside is looking at this game as an impossible game to win. I think everyone is expecting to win!!!

raider red 2000
08-30-2012, 11:02 PM
When was the last time ingleside won a playoff game??? (not talkin trash, serious question)

99IHSMustang
08-30-2012, 11:37 PM
When was the last time ingleside won a playoff game??? (not talkin trash, serious question)

I think it was in 09 when they played Cuero in 3rd rd

FmrPirate14
08-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Ingleside by 10!

pancho villa
08-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Going to be a lot of women dippen copenhagen at this game!!!

99IHSMustang
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Looking forward to tonights game. Good luck Mustangs.

raider red 2000
08-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Too many weapons for the bobcats. 55-27 late in the 4th

raider red 2000
08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
62-27 2:33 left.

sinfan75
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
About the point spread i was figurin.

Old Green
08-31-2012, 10:48 PM
62-27 2:33 left.Whoa!! I was thinking it would be closer than that.

sinfan75
08-31-2012, 10:48 PM
OUCH!! more than what I thought!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2012, 10:54 PM
OUCH!! more than what I thought!Alot of football fans wanted them to schedule a good team and they did and they're putting a whipping on ingleside. I didn't think they could beat Ingleside but i'm a believer now this is a impressive win.

Dub-C
08-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Whoa!! I was thinking it would be closer than that.

I didn't.

sinfan75
08-31-2012, 11:10 PM
you actually thought Ingleside would win? Seriously? LMAO!!!

29-3aFAN
09-01-2012, 12:10 AM
I was close with the 55-27 prediction. I watched the scrimmage against yoakum and could tell Refugio had a lot left in the tank from last year. They play a fast paced no huddle offense and the scrimmage slowed them down huddling. Not their style.

99IHSMustang
09-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Congrats to the Bobcats on a huge victory. They were very impressive to watch. I hope they do well on there goal back to the state championship.

raider red 2000
09-01-2012, 05:45 AM
What was up with the mustang fans booing when a bobcat was down injured (cramps)?

MustangFootball
09-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats to the bobcats on their big win.

FireGraig
09-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I didn't.
I second that. Ingleside is down this year in many areas & Refugio is still Refugio. I really thought that Silvas would have been the issue for a small Ingleside team. 500 yards passing proved me wrong. Luckily, no one in the district throws the ball.

Phil C
09-02-2012, 04:55 PM
That Refugio Coach was sure upset by a sign.

Eagle 1
09-02-2012, 05:06 PM
That Refugio Coach was sure upset by a sign.

????

Phil C
09-02-2012, 05:27 PM
????

I hope the link works.

http://www.kristv.com/videos/hs-football-1-refugio-62-ingleside-27/

MUSTANG69
09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
What was up with the mustang fans booing when a bobcat was down injured (cramps)?

There was no booing an injured player. There was plenty of booing of the referees by both sides. Very poor officiating in my opinion.

Eagle 1
09-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I hope the link works.

http://www.kristv.com/videos/hs-football-1-refugio-62-ingleside-27/

Well it worked, but I couldn't read the sign. Does anybody know what it said?

Hannibal
09-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Refugio's slogan for this year is "Leave No Doubt,". The sign at the stadium said "Leave Doubt". The coach, not Herring, took offense to the sign and let the players know about it.

Needless to say, No Doubt was left as to who the better team was.

raider red 2000
09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I saw the sign. I didn't think it wa that big of a deal. One of the RHS coaches after the game pointed it out.

If I am a betting person, I say that Ingleside makes the playoffs and might even win district. Possibly wins a couple of playoff games.

MustangFootball
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Ingleside got ate up on big plays down field, something we've been doing to teams for a while now but when the shoe was on the other foot we could defend it, Refugio is a great team...but no one that was at that game can't say they weren't in a dog fight every play.....that was a hard hitting game all the way to the end..... Another big factor was the conditioning it seemed like they were running in 3-4 players every play, where as Hesseltine was playing with his 11 longer. Anyone at that game will tell you Ingleside did not look as bad as the final score indicated, surely we have some issues to fix but we should be fine come district play.

FireGraig
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Refugio can make a lot of teams look bad. How I-side responds against George West this week will tell us what kind of chances they have in a tougher district. Sinton, OG, and Oso, will be a good challenge. Rockport is a big question mark after their injuries. We should get a better idea of Ingleside's toughness this week.

1st and goal
09-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Hate to see how fired up the Refugio coach gets when he knows he's off camera...These kids could join the Marines and think boot camp is almost a cakewalk...jk but almost.

MUSTANG69
09-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Ingleside got ate up on big plays down field, something we've been doing to teams for a while now but when the shoe was on the other foot we could defend it, Refugio is a great team...but no one that was at that game can't say they weren't in a dog fight every play.....that was a hard hitting game all the way to the end..... Another big factor was the conditioning it seemed like they were running in 3-4 players every play, where as Hesseltine was playing with his 11 longer. Anyone at that game will tell you Ingleside did not look as bad as the final score indicated, surely we have some issues to fix but we should be fine come district play.

Ingleside's biggest issue is pass defense. If you are getting beat on certain plays then make adjustments. Ingleside did NOT do thast against Refugio.

MustangFootball
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Ingleside's biggest issue is pass defense. If you are getting beat on certain plays then make adjustments. Ingleside did NOT do thast against Refugio.

Ingleside lost 3 expierienced players to gratudation and Refugio exposed that, but overall they were more conditioned and the better team. Ingleside will fix that as the season goes on they have plenty of capable players. If you ask me they need to rotate they players like Refugio more often instead of staying with their starter longer. Another thing I notice is they need to stretch the field more with WR #20 Terrance Robinson, he's our fastest player he's the anchor on our state qualifying relay team and also runs anchor for another relay team out of Houston, he's also our talles receiver. He used # 10 to stretch the field which was a senior who was fast but a smaller receiver. Why not use both as a deep threat.

FireGraig
09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Fast on the track doesn't always translate to fast inside of it. Some kids love to run, but don't like to get hit. #10 wasn't too physical of a player the last couple of years either, but he has improved. When it is 3rd and a 1/4 mile, Ingleside is set!

garza0
09-07-2012, 04:15 AM
It was a great game at Halftime, then Refugio just blew it open. Ingleside fumbled on their 1st drive in the 2nd half, Refugio recovered it... from there on Refugio had the momentum

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
That was me... and it was 50....

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Hate to see how fired up the Refugio coach gets when he knows he's off camera...These kids could join the Marines and think boot camp is almost a cakewalk...jk but almost.

The man lives intensity...

raider red 2000
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM

good to meet you there at the game. sorry we couldnt have scored enough early enough. All those TD's getting called back by the zebras didnt help you much

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
we met at the game? lol... enlighten me a bit...

raider red 2000
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
we met at the game? lol... enlighten me a bit...

it was early in the game on the RHS sideline. you and the rockport guy were chit chatting. I told you i knew of the 3aDL because I was a former wharton coach.

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
it was early in the game on the RHS sideline. you and the rockport guy were chit chatting. I told you i knew of the 3aDL because I was a former wharton coach.

it hit me a little while ago, my apologies. but yes, it was. make sure to tune into our show today at 4. 1440 AM

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
:) Had a feeling it was you but wasn't sure. I didnt think you had a chance on that bet, but Refugio almost back you up.

i usually start listening just before 5 pm so didnt get all the details on that bet.