PDA

View Full Version : The 3a numbers disparity

toddg
08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
took my middle son to equipment issue for 7th grade football saturday..over 90 kids in 7th grd football, 85 in 8th grade football..one game on schedule where they will split into 3 teams..and we dont have Stephenville on the schedule? its nobody's fault but i hope next year our coaches communicate with Stephenville JH coaches and work something out...is this a major problem in 3a junior highs?

Matthew328
08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
JH leagues are always a bit weird

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Sinton jr high non district games are all against the Corpus Christi middle schools, not sure if it's to save on traveling or some of the non district opponents don't have enough for A and B teams.

Rabid Cougar
08-27-2012, 10:20 AM
took my middle son to equipment issue for 7th grade football saturday..over 90 kids in 7th grd football, 85 in 8th grade football..one game on schedule where they will split into 3 teams..and we dont have Stephenville on the schedule? its nobody's fault but i hope next year our coaches communicate with Stephenville JH coaches and work something out...is this a major problem in 3a junior highs?

For the larger 3A's that play a lot of smaller 3 A schools? Yes. There is a lot of playing the same teams two times.

MGAR
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Try being a 2A school that fields four teams at the high school level.

9th grade team this week already had to find a game. Playing a team they will be playing in a few weeks.