PDA

View Full Version : Lampasas vs Smithville

holcomb2012
08-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Lampasas begins it's quest to rebound after last year's disappointing playoff loss. Will Lampasas start the season out on a winning note with a very young team?

Bosqueville
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Badgers by 18

cookiemonster
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Holcomb 2012 congrats on your tennis success!!!!!

ogg
08-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Smithville by 14

hookandladder
08-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Smithville returns most all starters on D, if you do not block their MLB your offense is going to struggle against them. Smithville's offense will determine how their season goes, they have some RB;s however finding someone to throw the ball at QB will be a must. I am taking Smithville by a TD.

holcomb2012
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Holcomb 2012 congrats on your tennis success!!!!!

Thank you!

jrhernandez7
08-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Smithville looked very impressive in there last scrimmage against 4a Bastrop. The tigers pretty much handled the 4a bears fairly easy. Punching it in a few times by putting together nice drives & not allowing one score the entire scrimmage on D.
If Smithville comes out focused it should be a two score win for the tigers. The Toll from the long bus trip is the only concern I have.

Pudlugger
08-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Smithville by 20.

cookiemonster
08-29-2012, 11:14 PM
The Badgers are still loaded with talent and should dominate the Tigers. New coach will get his first big win at home with many more to come this season.

YTBulldogs
08-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Smithville looked very impressive in there last scrimmage against 4a Bastrop. The tigers pretty much handled the 4a bears fairly easy. Punching it in a few times by putting together nice drives & not allowing one score the entire scrimmage on D.
If Smithville comes out focused it should be a two score win for the tigers. The Toll from the long bus trip is the only concern I have.

JR, is that talented S'ville RB from last year, back again this year? Dude was a monster as I recall. I like Smithville myself here, even if they had to walk to the game.

jrhernandez7
08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
JR, is that talented S'ville RB from last year, back again this year? Dude was a monster as I recall. I like Smithville myself here, even if they had to walk to the game.

Yes , yes he is. He also has 27 senior buddys back from last years team including 16 returning starters. High expectations in Smithville!

YTBulldogs
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Yes , yes he is. He also has 27 senior buddys back from last years team including 16 returning starters. High expectations in Smithville!
Wow, SV is loaded and an exciting season forthcoming I predict.

duckhunter
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
The Badgers are still loaded with talent and should dominate the Tigers. New coach will get his first big win at home with many more to come this season.

This game will be huge for Smithville. New coach + high expectations= a sign of what might be to come for this year. It will be interesting to see what will happen if they lose this game. Will they push through, or lay down the rest of this year? Should be a good game. I expect their defense to keep them in all their games this year. It will be intersting to see if they can manage to scrape up enough points to put them over the top?

This district is going to be fun. I still predict my buffs to get revenge though this year. The tigers might be good, but not good enough

holcomb2012
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Lampasas freshman pick up the win over Smithville 32-8. Good job Badgers!

jrhernandez7
08-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Smithville up 14-0 @ half but its anybodys game

jrhernandez7
08-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Smithville escapes lampasas 14-7 in a nail biter..Smithville has to clean up the penaltys . We will take the W. On to Marble falls for the home opener next week in smithville.

jrhernandez7
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
This was a under the radar game, with two playoff teams from last year with high expectations for this year. I was really impressed by lampasas o-line. They hustle out of the huddle every time & come off the ball low & fast. They really pushed our boys, but have to give my tigers credit for really fighting them the whole game. Smithville offense showed big play potential but need more consistency. If the tiger offense can get better every week with there D we should be in good shape come district.
Marble falls will be a huge test but our team & fans will be pumped for the home opener. Smithville loves the underdog role!