PDA

View Full Version : Week 0 La Grange @ Marble Falls

Pudlugger
08-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Marble falls will be under the command of the legendary Coach Todd Dodge and no doubt he will have his boys poised and ready to debut as winners. The Leps look to be very strong this season and from the two scrimmages so far they appear to be ready to play ball. I don't know that much about the Mustangs except what is written in DCTF. They have a new system running a spread offense. The Lep D should be able to defense the spread well with their strong pass rush up front, solid linebackers and speed in the secondary. The balanced Lep offense should put up some good numbers on the board if they can avoid turnovers and penalties. The 3 hour bus ride could be a factor but at least they are traveling in a chartered bus with AC instead of the big Yellow Twinkies. This year the Leps seem much better prepared to play solid 48 minutes of football and if they do their chances of winning are good.

Leps by 14

ogg
08-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Marble falls will be under the command of the legendary Coach Todd Dodge and no doubt he will have his boys poised and ready to debut as winners. The Leps look to be very strong this season and from the two scrimmages so far they appear to be ready to play ball. I don't know that much about the Mustangs except what is written in DCTF. They have a new system running a spread offense. The Lep D should be able to defense the spread well with their strong pass rush up front, solid linebackers and speed in the secondary. The balanced Lep offense should put up some good numbers on the board if they can avoid turnovers and penalties. The 3 hour bus ride could be a factor but at least they are traveling in a chartered bus with AC instead of the big Yellow Twinkies. This year the Leps seem much better prepared to play solid 48 minutes of football and if they do their chances of winning are good.

Leps by 14

La Grange by 3 in a low scoring contest.

OldBison75
08-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I think this will be an overall good matchup. I am picking LaGrange by a narrow margin mainly because Marble Falls is in a whole new system that is very complicated to make the timing and flow of the game work in their favor. I believe Marble Falls will be pretty tough after a few games, but LaGrange is pretty good now.

Gone Fishing
08-25-2012, 01:58 PM
4A always beats 3A teams...LOL... 'm taking MF in a low scoring game.

Pudlugger
08-25-2012, 05:26 PM
4A always beats 3A teams...LOL... 'm taking MF in a low scoring game.

Win or lose after what I've seen of the Leps so far it will not be a low scoring game. The Leps will put up 20+ points. It will be up to the D to get the win.

Roughneck93
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm going with LG in a close game.

zebrablue2
08-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Gonna go with the Leps by 6 in overtime. Good luck to coach Kates and his staff this season. Make those playoffs!!!

Bosqueville
08-25-2012, 07:48 PM
LG by 1

Snotbubbles
08-26-2012, 09:38 AM
This isn't Lockheart, MF by 20+. Been hearing the MF community/kids/staff have been awaiting this one for some time. Close for a half, then that potent MF spread "O" will tire out the LG defense. If a depleted Lockheart club can score on LG, MF should be able to name their score here. 50-28'ish MF in this opener. Dodge I hear is very excited to be back in HS ball. Watch out!!!!!!!!

hookandladder
08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
This isn't Lockheart, MF by 20+. Been hearing the MF community/kids/staff have been awaiting this one for some time. Close for a half, then that potent MF spread "O" will tire out the LG defense. If a depleted Lockheart club can score on LG, MF should be able to name their score here. 50-28'ish MF in this opener. Dodge I hear is very excited to be back in HS ball. Watch out!!!!!!!!

Yes Lockhart did score on our No.2 and 3 team defense, conditioning will be a factor and it was definitely a factor last year against Lockhart. What did MF do last year, did they make the playoffs. Heard Brownwood played them well in their scrimmage, there has been very little info. on MF so yes the 4A team will be hard to beat. We will show up and be better prepared for our first game, conditioning has stepped up this year also out of our 42 players on Varsitythere were only a couple players that were not at every summer workout. Ready for Friday, we welcome the challenge of playing a good 4A team. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Pudlugger
08-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey Snot, MaxPreps has LG ranked 333 in state overall. MF is 443. I'll take their opinion over yours thank you very much. The Leps have been waiting all summer to get a shot at a Todd Dodge coached MF football team. FYI, in the Lockhart scrimmage, our first team put up 35 points against Lockhart's 7 scoring on all but their first possession. At that point Coach Kates put in the 2nd and 3rd teams. It was just mid second quarter so for the last 1 and 1/2 quarters the Lep subs were playing against mostly the Lockhart starters who only then had success in moving the football. I have to say our offense looks powerful this year and they will be raking up some good numbers if they continue in the direction they are headed in now. Our defense has been sharpening their skills defending the run against two slot t teams and now must change gears to defend against the Spread. These boys are familiar with the spread after coming up from the ranks running it under Coach Walker so they should do well. Incidentally, this is the fastest Lep football team since 2000 with several backs running 4.4-4.6 40s. Go Leps.

buff4ever
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I think LG will win this game, even though no one really knows what to expect from MF. Unless TD brought in some athletes with him, LG should win this game.

Bassact
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
LG takes this one.. MF doesn't know how to win yet.

hookandladder
08-27-2012, 03:51 PM
As I stated earlier not much info. on MF , Texas football has them picked last in their District. Their returning starters look to have size however speed looks to be slow compared to other 4A teams. We had good size last year with not much speed and we ran out of gas after the first half, this year we still have good size however our Juniors and Sophomore have very good speed. It will be interesting to see if our speed can take advantage of MF's bigger slower team, our pass rush will need to put pressure on their QB. Is it Friday yet.

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Give me La Grange 35-14.

Bassact
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
As I stated earlier not much info. on MF , Texas football has them picked last in their District. Their returning starters look to have size however speed looks to be slow compared to other 4A teams. We had good size last year with not much speed and we ran out of gas after the first half, this year we still have good size however our Juniors and Sophomore have very good speed. It will be interesting to see if our speed can take advantage of MF's bigger slower team, our pass rush will need to put pressure on their QB. Is it Friday yet.

Where was all the LG speed when they scrimmaged LH? I know LH doesn't have any burners and it looked pretty evenly matched in the speed department.

hookandladder
08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Where was all the LG speed when they scrimmaged LH? I know LH doesn't have any burners and it looked pretty evenly matched in the speed department.

They were there , LH just played better D against our run with our base plays. Our passing game was clicking so just passed more, I would say that is where LH is lacking in the pass defense. We do have more speed at RB then we have had in a number of years, time we tell. You guys have one that has good speed (17) , if not for his speed you guys may have never scored. Just saying, he is a very good player.

Bassact
08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
LH pass D has been the weak link, to much fancy stuff ( cover2, and banjo) for whatever reason the kids struggle with all the switching around in the secondary. But then again, LH only has 1 player that can man up.. Pass rush unually bails them out.
Either way LG welcomes back Dogg with a L

hookandladder
08-28-2012, 06:15 AM
LH pass D has been the weak link, to much fancy stuff ( cover2, and banjo) for whatever reason the kids struggle with all the switching around in the secondary. But then again, LH only has 1 player that can man up.. Pass rush unually bails them out.
Either way LG welcomes back Dogg with a L

LH always has good hard working kids, reminds me of LG. With good coaching these kids will fight to the bitter end, Good Luck to LH this year.

toddg
08-28-2012, 06:42 AM
TD was 79-1 his last 5 years in HS football..he knows how to win..best "game day" coach out there..MF wins by atleast 2 tds.

Pudlugger
08-28-2012, 01:15 PM
TD was 79-1 his last 5 years in HS football..he knows how to win..best "game day" coach out there..MF wins by atleast 2 tds.

Undoubtedly Coach Dodge will have his crew ready. Talent wise MF has a ways to go to rival SLC in those halcyon days of 79-1 records. One player stands out though. They have a 6'6" TE who might be a problem for the Lep secondary. Hopefully they have been planning for this and will avoid a mismatch situation. First games are always a crap shoot but I have a good feeling about this team. I think they are way ahead of where they were in game one last year. They learned how to play to win in district putting together three straight wins at the close of the season after losing two squeakers to Giddings and Navasota by a combined total of 4 points. If they carry over this momentum Friday look out MF the Leps are coming to town.

toddg
08-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Undoubtedly Coach Dodge will have his crew ready. Talent wise MF has a ways to go to rival SLC in those halcyon days of 79-1 records. One player stands out though. They have a 6'6" TE who might be a problem for the Lep secondary. Hopefully they have been planning for this and will avoid a mismatch situation. First games are always a crap shoot but I have a good feeling about this team. I think they are way ahead of where they were in game one last year. They learned how to play to win in district putting together three straight wins at the close of the season after losing two squeakers to Giddings and Navasota by a combined total of 4 points. If they carry over this momentum Friday look out MF the Leps are coming to town.

honestly i just dont know a lot about La Grange other than "they have lots of pretty girlsa" but yes i noticed the close game with Navasota last year..im probably underestimating ya'll somewhat from lack of knowledge..TD will relentlessly look for the mismatch..he's had big TE types before. and will utilize that size in the seam..and he has had an offseason to develope some players..the WRs will be marathoners for sure..and the D will be aggressive..should be a great season opener!

hookandladder
08-28-2012, 02:39 PM
honestly i just dont know a lot about La Grange other than "they have lots of pretty girlsa" but yes i noticed the close game with Navasota last year..im probably underestimating ya'll somewhat from lack of knowledge..TD will relentlessly look for the mismatch..he's had big TE types before. and will utilize that size in the seam..and he has had an offseason to develope some players..the WRs will be marathoners for sure..and the D will be aggressive..should be a great season opener!

I was told the big TE was moved to the OL, Dogde said his QB cannot throw to him without a good OL to protect the QB. If true that is one less target for them to throw to, moving to spread is not easy we experienced growing pain for 2 years. I know his knowleadge will be a big plus however you still have to have the athlete's to run this offense, our game plan is easy ball control offense and keep their O off the field. We just have to carry out the plan, time will tell.

1st and goal
08-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd like for LG to win but I don't know snot about MFalls except that Dodge is coach. Wondering about MFall's talent? I know they have a infamous history against Burnet. Someone hung a dead horse head on MF's flagpole a long time ago.

Cam
08-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I was told the big TE was moved to the OL, Dogde said his QB cannot throw to him without a good OL to protect the QB. If true that is one less target for them to throw to, moving to spread is not easy we experienced growing pain for 2 years. I know his knowleadge will be a big plus however you still have to have the athlete's to run this offense, our game plan is easy ball control offense and keep their O off the field. We just have to carry out the plan, time will tell.

you are correct...the 6'6" is now at tackle....MF not there yet but they do have some nice players......I thought BW handled them pretty good in scrimmage...MF does have a nice RB...big strong runner who likes to run over folks.....

Cam
08-28-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd like for LG to win but I don't know snot about MFalls except that Dodge is coach. Wondering about MFall's talent? I know they have a infamous history against Burnet. Someone hung a dead horse head on MF's flagpole a long time ago.

.....I'm pretty sure Greendawg had something to do with that horse head deal.....but he'll never admit it!!.....

1st and goal
08-28-2012, 04:33 PM
.....I'm pretty sure Greendawg had something to do with that horse head deal.....but he'll never admit it!!.....
I think it was done back when the godfather movies were popular.

Cam
08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
I think it was done back when the godfather movies were popular.

....yep....sounds about like the right time frame when he was in high school!......break out the investigation I say.......

1st and goal
08-28-2012, 04:41 PM
....yep....sounds about like the right time frame when he was in high school!......break out the investigation I say.......

I know what he'll say..."I didn't do it but I know who did"....whatayabet?

Pudlugger
08-29-2012, 07:39 AM
:hijacktd:

Hook says the game plan will be ball control. To me that means a lot of running plays. I bet we get a look at some of our receivers as well. The Lep offense looks very balanced this year.

hookandladder
08-29-2012, 11:21 AM
:hijacktd:

Hook says the game plan will be ball control. To me that means a lot of running plays. I bet we get a look at some of our receivers as well. The Lep offense looks very balanced this year.

I am sure we will be throwing it also, just gonna take whatever they give us. I was able to watch MF last night on Hudl, they do have some kids that will get after you. They looked to be big up front however secondary seems a little suspect, Brownwood passed on them pretty well and BW's QB was nothing special. The LOS is where it all starts, we will need to block well against. They will definitely out number us as for as players, so keeping our D off the field will be a must. Tailgate is ready to Roll.

Pudlugger
08-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I am sure we will be throwing it also, just gonna take whatever they give us. I was able to watch MF last night on Hudl, they do have some kids that will get after you. They looked to be big up front however secondary seems a little suspect, Brownwood passed on them pretty well and BW's QB was nothing special. The LOS is where it all starts, we will need to block well against. They will definitely out number us as for as players, so keeping our D off the field will be a must. Tailgate is ready to Roll.

You nailed it Hook. Our O line has their work cut out for them. Fortunately they have the size and experience to get it done. When will the big fella be suiting up? Is his foot healed?

hookandladder
08-29-2012, 12:46 PM
You nailed it Hook. Our O line has their work cut out for them. Fortunately they have the size and experience to get it done. When will the big fella be suiting up? Is his foot healed?

I have not heard any offical word on his return however I think he may suit up Friday, more OL help is always a big plus.

Pudlugger
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
I bet the coaches spent some time on special teams especially punting and fielding punts and kickoffs. Special teams are so important to the overall success of a football team. We have the speed and the blocking to put together some big returns this year. Our place kicker made all his extra points looking sharp. Looks like Qb Vinklarek has the punting job down pat. I think it is smart to put the sure hands guy to receive those deep snaps and Logan can really get his foot into the ball. I look forward to the opening kickoff in two days.

LHS 2SONS
08-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Taking the travel trailer to the deer lease Friday morning, filling feeders, cooking steaks for lunch, then taking a nap, then head to Marble Falls (only 12 miles from the deer lease) for the tailgate at 5:30 and then watch La Grange whip up on Marble Falls. Can't get any better than that!!!

My last son is a senior, waiting for him to get released (had a distal ulna fracture the first day of pads) so i can enjoy the season with all of the other Senior Dads. This is a special group just like the class of 2010 that went to the state semi's, what a ride and hope this year will be the same.

GO LEPS, HAVE A GREAT SEASON, GATA

Pudlugger
08-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Great to have you back on the board LHS. We are looking forward to this year's senior class making some real progress in getting the Leps back in contention for district and beyond. I hope your son heals fast so he can get back out on the field and play hard nosed defense again this season. See you at the tailgate.

WC/LG92
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Leps will beat MF by 6

I hope to beat the County Fair tomorrow night by 6 brews

Snotbubble's 'Week 0 M. Falls Backing' ---> Disqualified, Null...:tisk: Void

LHdog
08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
The Marble Falls QB (transfer from Salado) can throw darts. He is a talented passer. If he has any receivers and an OL that can protect him, look out! I just don't have a feel for the overall talent level for the Mustangs. I say MF by 7 based on home field.

Pudlugger
08-31-2012, 07:11 AM
OK Leps today is the big day we've all been waiting for. GAME DAY! Put on your game faces and focus on one thing, doing what your coaches taught you and doing it well. Let's start this season off right with a win. Good luck tonight. Play well and enjoy each moment and each play of the game.

greendawg84
08-31-2012, 08:43 AM

Yes , I have heard about that myth....... thats all I gotta say bout that. Oh and it was painted green.......:rolleyes:

gameface
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes , I have heard about that myth....... thats all I gotta say bout that. Oh and it was painted green.......:rolleyes:Leps have a clear game plan with GAMEFACE ON!

espn1
08-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Wow! Dodge and company hung 56 on the Leps!

cdlvj
09-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Wow! Dodge and company hung 56 on the Leps!

What is the story of transfers? Thought you had to sit out a year?? Sounds like a ringer to me.

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Very surprised here after some awesome hype I been hearing. Hang in LG.

hookandladder
09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Very even teams even if score did not reflect it, 42-36 in 4th quarter with about 5 minutes remaining. The difference in this game was 3 TO's by LG and zero by MF, neither D could stop the other offense. Marble Falls offense was very good ,their recevier No.8 was a total mismatch for us at 6'5" he could run and catch with the best of them. MF played a perfect game on offense, did not turn the bal over and made some highlight catches for TD's. You have to give Coach Dodge a lot of credit on the play calling, Also their QB (A Transfer) was spot on all night. The kid put the ball on the money all night. The Leps will be fine, we pretty much ran the ball at will .The OL dominated for most all of last night and our RB's ran hard and hit the holes well, our special teams play also was very solid from top to bottom even returned a kickoff for a TD. With Todd Dodge now coaching MF they will be a team on the rise, Overall I was very please with our first game. On to next week, No District championship is won in the first game of the year.

Pudlugger
09-01-2012, 08:08 AM
This was a tough loss for the Leps but like many dark clouds there was a silver lining. First what the Leps did well:
1. Running game was outstanding putting 4 tds up. #3 was terrific gaining around 200 yards rushing and 3 tds. The mustangs even with their huge size up front could not stop the running game last night.
2. Special teams play was very impressive with #5 making an 80 yard return in the first quarter and going 2 for 2 on two point conversions. Kick off and punt return coverage was tight as well.
3. Only one or two illegal procedure penalties indicating the Leps are performing well as a unit.
4. Strong O line with the Leps controlling the line of scrimmage for the most part.

What they need to work on:
1. Pass coverage. The Mustangs made it look too easy last night. Their qb and receivers, especially #8 were phenomenal however and the Leps had no answer for their flawless execution. We need to adjust for mismatches as Dodge's brain trust saw a weakness and went at it all night long.
2. Turnovers: The Leps gave up 2 fumbles and an interception all giving the Mustangs a short field leading to 3 scores. The ball control strategy which had been working with a strong rushing game was rendered null and void by turnovers.
3. What's up with the passing game? Why didn't we throw to #9 our best receiver more than 2 or 3 times? Only one post route with a dropped ball? Common guys you can do better. The o line did a good job defending the pass rush but we didn't find the open receivers.

In summary the Leps played a good game against a very impressive offensive machine last night. They lost the game mostly due to turnovers which took them out of their game plan- ball control. Overall not a bad performance considering the quality of the opponent. Once they tighten up their pass defense and cure the turnover bug they will be getting the wins.

BTW where was #25 last night? We could have used him on defense. Hopefully the Leps will be 100% before district play. They have with some key players unsuited up recovering from injuries now.

olddawggreen
09-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Dang Snot, 56-36, I might neet to get you to buy a few lottery tickets for me this week. (: Good call!

olddawggreen
09-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Ah the memories!

Snotbubbles
09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
This isn't Lockheart, MF by 20+. Been hearing the MF community/kids/staff have been awaiting this one for some time. Close for a half, then that potent MF spread "O" will tire out the LG defense. If a depleted Lockheart club can score on LG, MF should be able to name their score here. 50'ish-28'ish MF in this opener. Dodge I hear is very excited to be back in HS ball. Watch out!!!!!!!!

About what I thought. No knock on LG, just that Dodge is about the best HS coach in the country. Don't feel bad LG, my Canes appear headed for a long season themselves.

hookandladder
09-01-2012, 11:53 AM
About what I thought. No knock on LG, just that Dodge is about the best HS coach in the country. Don't feel bad LG, my Canes appear headed for a long season themselves.

So you think because we got beat by a decent 4A team with a great Coach that are season will be a long one, we were within one score with 5 minutes left in the game and with one stop from our D we could have pulled this one out. We are not hanging our heads from this one , MF will be in a lot of games this year with Dodge directing that offense. MF played a perfect game last night , our turnovers is what beat us and they can be corrected.

bobcat04
09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I think this weeks game against Columbus will give us an idea how good Lagrange will be this year. I hear Columbus will throw the ball a lot and MF had success doing that. Be interesting game between two 0-1 teams.

Snotbubbles
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Hey Snot, MaxPreps has LG ranked 333 in state overall. MF is 443. I'll take their opinion over yours thank you very much.

What's Max Preps know Pudly? :tisk:

hookandladder
09-01-2012, 01:20 PM
What's Max Preps know Pudly? :tisk:

Max Preps knows they are very even teams, that's what they know. Snots.

Snotbubbles
09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Max Preps knows they are very even teams, that's what they know. Snots.

Hooker, getting drummed by 3 TD's is not even in my book.:rolleyes:

YTBulldogs
09-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Not sure what the enrollments of both schools are, but--I think I heard LG is suiting up over 40 for varsity. Maybe more than what MF had? Man, what a luxury to have. LaGrange is fine and trust me, they are for real.

Pudlugger
09-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Not sure what the enrollments of both schools are, but--I think I heard LG is suiting up over 40 for varsity. Maybe more than what MF had? Man, what a luxury to have. LaGrange is fine and trust me, they are for real.

Thanks for the vote of confidence YT. Actually, MF had over 50 suited up last night. Also, they had about 2500+ fans show up almost to capacity on the home team side. It is apparent that having Dodge as the new coach has energized the community and the team. BTW that move in qb from Salado (now 2a) was terrific as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. They also had a 6'6" 280 lb nose guard who transferred in from a local private school where he was qb on a 6 man team. He was injured in the second half. Hope he will be alright as he was a very solid player. DCTF had this team in last place in their district but that was written before these move ins. I would not be surprised if they make the playoffs. They play Smithville away next week which will be a real interesting game. The Tiger D might hold them of fewer points than did the Leps depending on turnovers but the Mustangs can score quickly and often. .Boy coach Dodge sure is lucky to get these move ins.

WC/LG92
09-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Snottie, Snots....

Hey boss...gotta eat crow for my post on you picking MF over LG. I had hopes that Todd Dodge would take a little longer to get those boys prepped and ready. Wish I could have seen the game...at county fair last night here in LG grabbing updates via Twitter and such...good call tho. :clap:

cdlvj
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence YT. Actually, MF had over 50 suited up last night. Also, they had about 2500+ fans show up almost to capacity on the home team side. It is apparent that having Dodge as the new coach has energized the community and the team. BTW that move in qb from Salado (now 2a) was terrific as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. They also had a 6'6" 280 lb nose guard who transferred in from a local private school where he was qb on a 6 man team. He was injured in the second half. Hope he will be alright as he was a very solid player. DCTF had this team in last place in their district but that was written before these move ins. I would not be surprised if they make the playoffs. They play Smithville away next week which will be a real interesting game. The Tiger D might hold them of fewer points than did the Leps depending on turnovers but the Mustangs can score quickly and often. .Boy coach Dodge sure is lucky to get these move ins.

What do you mean lucky? That was all planned by Coach Dodge.

hookandladder
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Also their best receiver ( No. 8 ) did not play football last year, he decided to play this year after Dodge became the HC. We had 5 players who played both sides of the ball for a good number of plays, that is not uncommon for a 3A team however when playing a large 4A team it will become a major factor in the 4th quarter. I think the two turnovers before half were the turning point in this game, we were dominating them offensively and could have been easily up by three score at the half. Turnovers were part of the lost however your D has to stop them at least a couple times each half, with the type of offense we run we will not be able to out score a successful Spread Offense.

Cam
09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
.....Marble Falls....bathroom stalls....writing on walls......bad calls......swhetty balls.....Celtic Gauls...no runnin' in halls.....whatever!....Burnet will beat their cross town rival horsies like they usually do!!...and I don't care if Dodge, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota is coachin' them!...:taunt:

Pudlugger
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
.....Marble Falls....bathroom stalls....writing on walls......bad calls......swhetty balls.....Celtic Gauls...no runnin' in halls.....whatever!....Burnet will beat their cross town rival horsies like they usually do!!...and I don't care if Dodge, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota is coachin' them!...:taunt:

Now that there is funny.

Pudlugger
09-04-2012, 12:00 PM
What do you mean lucky? That was all planned by Coach Dodge.

Apparently the sarcasm was a bit too well concealed in my comment.

hookandladder
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM

You care to put a little wager on that game, just for fun off course.

Cam
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
You care to put a little wager on that game, just for fun off course.

Sure! ...I've seen both teams play now...and I'll take Coach Jones and his Dawgs...I think both teams will score alot of points on each other......And history has shown: Burnet rules MF!

hookandladder
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Sure! ...I've seen both teams play now...and I'll take Coach Jones and his Dawgs...I think both teams will score alot of points on each other......And history has shown: Burnet rules MF!

Sounds good, hit me the week of.

cdlvj
09-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Also their best receiver ( No. 8 ) did not play football last year, he decided to play this year after Dodge became the HC. We had 5 players who played both sides of the ball for a good number of plays, that is not uncommon for a 3A team however when playing a large 4A team it will become a major factor in the 4th quarter. I think the two turnovers before half were the turning point in this game, we were dominating them offensively and could have been easily up by three score at the half. Turnovers were part of the lost however your D has to stop them at least a couple times each half, with the type of offense we run we will not be able to out score a successful Spread Offense.

No. 8 is a basketball player, and had absolutely no interest in playing football. Coach Dodge convinced him to tryout and play.

Pudlugger
09-04-2012, 05:06 PM
No. 8 is a basketball player, and had absolutely no interest in playing football. Coach Dodge convinced him to tryout and play.

He sure is a natural then. He has great hands and his vertical jump is well over 3 feet. Our db had him covered in the back of the endzone and the ball was thrown so high he didn't try to deflect it. #8 just jumped up and brought it down getting a foot inside to make the play and score the td. He no doubt will get some attention from the D1 recruiters. Unless he is as good at BB as he is a wr his fortunes lie in football. Smithville has some excellent dbs so maybe they can stop him if they can put someone with some height against him. The Leps had no answer really.