PDA

View Full Version : The Place to be Sunday Morning @4:30

dawgmeister
12-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Win, lose or draw, Burnet and its fans are gonna do things up right! After the game (and hopefully that big win) at Texas Stadium, we are all goin' out to eat together: I mean football, drill team, band, cheerleaders, parents... everybody. Figure we'll be eatin' around midnight (if we're lucky): just don't know where yet. Then we're gonna' get on those charter buses and head for Burnet. Look for the long train of lights headed south on I35.
When we get to the HS (around 5:00am) we're gonna' have a big breakfast bash with about 350 of our friends and family in the parking lot. We may even have some cots in the gym to rest up on after we get through eatin'. Everyone's invited to come out and take part in the big doin's, and maybe even have a bite to eat with us! Just another reason Burnet is the best place to be from! Everyone ought to do it this way! Wonder why they don't...? :cool:

southern_thunder
12-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Class act by a class town.

DawgMaw02
12-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Dawgmeister, I'm going to the game but would love to help when the caravan arrives back in Burnet. Who should I talk to? Just let me know!! :D :D :D

kaorder1999
12-09-2003, 11:01 PM
thats pretty cool

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
dawgmeister:
Win, lose or draw, Burnet and its fans are gonna do things up right! After the game (and hopefully that big win) at Texas Stadium, we are all goin' out to eat together: I mean football, drill team, band, cheerleaders, parents... everybody. Figure we'll be eatin' around midnight (if we're lucky): just don't know where yet. Then we're gonna' get on those charter buses and head for Burnet. Look for the long train of lights headed south on I35.
When we get to the HS (around 5:00am) we're gonna' have a big breakfast bash with about 350 of our friends and family in the parking lot. We may even have some cots in the gym to rest up on after we get through eatin'. Everyone's invited to come out and take part in the big doin's, and maybe even have a bite to eat with us! Just another reason Burnet is the best place to be from! Everyone ought to do it this way! Wonder why they don't...? :cool: Our Administrators are good. Aren't they?
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-059.gif

cm4444
12-10-2003, 01:35 AM
You guys are right Burnets a very classy town. They more than supports their athletes and have for years I wouldnt be suprized if the breakfast bash draws in way more than your 350 estimate Dawgmeister...I know I will be there. The town will be proud of them reguardless of the outcome but only one thing is gonna satisfy the Bulldogs...Their hearts are set on a state championship and I believe their gonna getter done this go around.. Ive seen film on Gainesville and they are good..very good..but dont see them knocking off the DAWGS!!!!!

pepboy
12-10-2003, 10:12 AM
sounds fun. I am going to try and make it as well!!

pepboy
12-10-2003, 10:27 AM
By the way... how much will it cost people to eat when they get there?

Phil C
12-10-2003, 10:34 AM
No matter what don't forget church and thank the Good Lord for traveling grace and blessings. Then take a well deserved rest the rest of the day.

dawgmeister
12-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Breakfast won't cost anything; the Sheriff's Dept. is getting everything donated. What we need now is a local minister to do a real "sunrise" service!

Phil C
12-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Great idea D!

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 03:36 PM
dawgmeister:
Breakfast won't cost anything; the Sheriff's Dept. is getting everything donated. What we need now is a local minister to do a real "sunrise" service!Now that would be awesome!!!

olddog73
12-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Coach Shipley's dad used to be the Church of Christ Minister, I heard he was now retired but since he will be there anyway, maybe he could still hold a sunrise service? Now that I think about it there will probably be others following the busses home that could do it too. That would be really great!

olddawggreen
12-10-2003, 08:02 PM
You guys may have to carry me around on one of those cots by the time we get back to Burnet, but I will be there! I may have to hook my tow chain from my bumper to the bumper of one of those charter busses for the trip south. wink :D

olddawggreen
12-11-2003, 10:01 AM
:)

pepboy
12-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Someone told me a guy by the name of Tim Denton is doing the sunrise service. Could be wrong that is just what I heard a while back. Let me know!

BIG19
12-11-2003, 11:52 AM
pepboy:
Someone told me a guy by the name of Tim Denton is doing the sunrise service. Could be wrong that is just what I heard a while back. Let me know!That would not surprise me. Heck, McGee's father could do it also. Either way it will be well worth the drive back after the game.

olddog73
12-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Tim Denton would be great!

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Last year, when our buses were about 10 miles from town, they were met with the fire trucks, police etc., that sounded their sirens, horns and escored them into town...talk about making a lump in your throat!! People were on the side of the road yelling and screaming, honking their horns, it was like a parade at night...the boys got to ride thru town several times, with the whole town lined up to greet them.....IT WAS FANTASITIC...something you won't forget, ever!!
I know I went thru town numerous times honking and screaming...it was a wild nite to say the least! Everyone was on a natural high for days!!