PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill V Sealy Scirmmage Results?

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Anyone know how this one went?

Bassact
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
LH looked very good. controlled scrimmage LH 3-0 with a couple of int that would have scored. Live qrt Sealy 4 LH 3. LH had a long TD called back and fumbled into the endzone once. Going 1's against 1's LH controlled the field for the most part. O is looking better than it has in several years. 1st D looks solid, secondary needs some work but they are holding their own. several kids going both ways, when LH start rotating the youth shows up quick. The young guys are gonna have to learn fast and on the fly. If not LH could be in trouble come the 4th qrt.
Seals-Jones is a man among boys. Sealy's main back is very good as well, just wasn't getting much help from the o-line.
LH stays healthy and a few younger guys step up it could very well be the best year LH has had sense 08.. Don't think we're at that groups level but we're putting up a better showing that the last 2-3 years. But it is way early. I have faith duncan will take care of the D issues. Only time will tell if the O can finally find some consistency over the long haul.

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 12:16 PM
LH looked very good. controlled scrimmage LH 3-0 with a couple of int that would have scored. Live qrt Sealy 4 LH 3. LH had a long TD called back and fumbled into the endzone once. Going 1's against 1's LH controlled the field for the most part. O is looking better than it has in several years. 1st D looks solid, secondary needs some work but they are holding their own. several kids going both ways, when LH start rotating the youth shows up quick. The young guys are gonna have to learn fast and on the fly. If not LH could be in trouble come the 4th qrt.
Seals-Jones is a man among boys. Sealy's main back is very good as well, just wasn't getting much help from the o-line.
LH stays healthy and a few younger guys step up it could very well be the best year LH has had sense 08.. Don't think we're at that groups level but we're putting up a better showing that the last 2-3 years. But it is way early. I have faith duncan will take care of the D issues. Only time will tell if the O can finally find some consistency over the long haul.

Sounds Like the High Energy LH Offense Days may be coming back, cant wait.

Manso/V8
08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Is LH still running the slot t?

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Is LH still running the slot t?

Yes still running the Slot and love it. Even with about 27 seniors on this team, there are sitll Sophs playing and are key. As the Sophs develop they will be good leaders for the 2 classes behind them. The current 10th, 9th, and 8th graders are real good and some of the most dedicated and hardest working kids I have seen, when they pool on Varsity, well you will see.

Manso/V8
08-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Is this the first year that LH and Sealy have scrimmaged? I just find it interesting that Sealy traveled to Bastrop for a scrimmage.
It just might have something to do with them looking for a slot t opponent to scrimmage, since Bellville runs the slot t now and they are
a major district rival. I think Coach Mitchell had plenty as a DC and HC at Sinton before he came to Sealy. He had the Tigers pretty
well coached up for our game last year.

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Is this the first year that LH and Sealy have scrimmaged? I just find it interesting that Sealy traveled to Bastrop for a scrimmage.
It just might have something to do with them looking for a slot t opponent to scrimmage, since Bellville runs the slot t now and they are
a major district rival. I think Coach Mitchell had plenty as a DC and HC at Sinton before he came to Sealy. He had the Tigers pretty

I believe they did last year as well.

Bassact
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM

This was the 3rd year.. After home & home I guess meeting Bastrop was better for both teams.. I know if was better for me.. The scrimmage in sealy last year was miserable hot & humid. Not to mention driving 2+ hors for a scrimmage is rediculous.

lv2937
08-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes still running the Slot and love it. Even with about 27 seniors on this team, there are sitll Sophs playing and are key. As the Sophs develop they will be good leaders for the 2 classes behind them. The current 10th, 9th, and 8th graders are real good and some of the most dedicated and hardest working kids I have seen, when they pool on Varsity, well you will see.

Didnt last years Burnet 7th , 8th, and 9th graders run all over the Panthers?

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 04:45 PM

It's going to be fun watching the Wimberley-Liberty Hill game in a few weeks! Should we pick up the rivalry at 3-3...or start a new one at 0-0? Wait a minute...my superior math tells me either way will be the same! LOL

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 06:28 PM

Last years Burnet 7th grade A team beat LH, not by running them over, Burnet knew their system much better than LH knew theirs and came up with some big plays. The physical match ups LH won with out a doubt, Burnet ran their system much better than LH. 7th A's only 2 losses were to Burnet and Lampasas (Also it was the only loss for 7th B).

Last years Burnet 8th grade A team had 1 super stud, Foster, and some good players. However, I believe the last years LH 8th has a better over all football group, if Burnets Foster went to varsity then the 9th grade game will be interesting this year.

Last years LH 9th lost their 5(i think) best players from 8th grade, 1 to varsity (a super stud), some to Basketball, and 1 to Burnet. (this game was a beating)

Last year LH 7th graders started the tack season loosing to burnet and lampasas, But by the District meet, 7th grade Boys and Girls cleaned house and took District (This goes back to their work ethic). I believe this years 8th and 9th grade games will show this as well.

Only time will tell, though, I think we will see some really good Varsity games between LH and Burnet over the next several years for sure.

LHPfactory
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
It's going to be fun watching the Wimberley-Liberty Hill game in a few weeks! Should we pick up the rivalry at 3-3...or start a new one at 0-0? Wait a minute...my superior math tells me either way will be the same! LOL

Yeah, i will get plenty football that week. My 8th grader will be playing in Wimberley on Thurs 09/27/12 @5:30(Should Be A team again, if not he will have to move out :)JK
I will of course be at the Varsity Game the next night 9/28, cant miss this one, its been 2 long years thanks to UIL and Devine.
Then Saturday 9/29 I will be coaching my 6th graders team against Blanco.

And Wimbo, I think we should start this one over with LH-1 and Wimb-0 ............................ :) Hey you can write Wimb0 with a zero in it.......:stirpot:

ogg
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM

Liberty Hill and Wimberley----------- a Centex classic!

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, i will get plenty football that week. My 8th grader will be playing in Wimberley on Thurs 09/27/12 @5:30(Should Be A team again, if not he will have to move out :)JK
I will of course be at the Varsity Game the next night 9/28, cant miss this one, its been 2 long years thanks to UIL and Devine.
Then Saturday 9/29 I will be coaching my 6th graders team against Blanco.

And Wimbo, I think we should start this one over with LH-1 and Wimb-0 ............................ :) Hey you can write Wimb0 with a zero in it.......:stirpot:

Good idea..Wimb0 versus the Pantless!!