PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs New Boston Scrimmage

poisoned10
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
I haven't been here for the entire scrimmage, but Gilmer's defense has looked pretty good tonight.

Gilmer's secondary has been right in their man's face and as soon as the ball gets to the receiver, they are getting hit.

Offense is going to need some work. Barr looked good passing, especially deep. There was a bit of a problem with the QB holding on to the ball when it was snapped.

As far as I know, Gilmer's defense didn't allow any points while Gilmer scored 4 times and turned the ball over twice inside the 10 yard line and had another TD called back.

Overall, Gilmer seemed to be much improved from last week but they still have a ways to go before they can beat Atlanta.

Aesculus gilmus
08-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I haven't been here for the entire scrimmage, but Gilmer's defense has looked pretty good tonight.

Gilmer's secondary has been right in their man's face and as soon as the ball gets to the receiver, they are getting hit.

Offense is going to need some work. Barr looked good passing, especially deep. There was a bit of a problem with the QB holding on to the ball when it was snapped.

As far as I know, Gilmer's defense didn't allow any points while Gilmer scored 4 times and turned the ball over twice inside the 10 yard line and had another TD called back.

Overall, Gilmer seemed to be much improved from last week but they still have a ways to go before they can beat Atlanta.

That is a good analysis. I was there also. I love the fact that the Big Play Offense is back. This team may be able to hang 60 or more on some teams. However, the difficult schedule makes that unlikely except in the case of one or two games I can think of.

waterboy
08-24-2012, 08:16 AM
I went, and I must say, after last week's scrimmage I was a little worried. But, after watching them play tonight I came away with the impression that they got their heads straight. We have a LOT of inexperience on this year's team, BUT there are more good athletes than I've seen on a Buckeye team in several years. They are still a little smallish, but they are fast. The overall team speed is impressive. The defense played lights out tonight. The offense has a ways to go, but they showed signs of being able to move the ball very well, especially with Tanner Barr as QB, and have a little better big play capability than they had last year. As much as I hate to lose Barr on defense, he is most definitely the most polished of the QBs I saw play. Once he settled down and didn't drop snaps, he made several good reads and good throws. He has better touch on his throws than Parrish, in my opinion. The problems I saw on offense are definitely fixable, and one of those was tucking the ball. Overall I say the Buckeyes will be just fine, especially once the starters settle into their positions.

buckeyebob
08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
and empty the benches this early in the season...whow!...this should be a fun year.

Buckeye80
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
The defense looked very good against a (very large for 2A) New Boston OL. That RB is a beast and should make some noise in 2A this year. Overall, New Boston is gonna be a damn good team!
Offensively, I saw signs of life. Tanner is hands down the better QB at this point. He actually reads the defense instead of throwing to a spot he picked before the snap. I agree with the assessment on speed. I haven't seen a Buckeye team with this much speed since '07. We definitely have some absolute burners this year. And apparently, we will need them against Michael Irving Jr. (blah blah blah)
I know I know. We have no chance to beat Prestonwood, or Atlanta, or Daingerfield, or (Spring Hill anyone???). Somebody change the record already. This song is getting old. I hate to say that the Buckeyes will be just fine this year, as usual. Sorry everyone.