PDA

View Full Version : La grange Lockhart Scrimmage

Pudlugger
08-23-2012, 07:04 PM
The scrimmage is in La Grange this Friday night right? What time will the varsity play?

zebrablue2
08-23-2012, 07:59 PM
The scrimmage is in La Grange this Friday night right? What time will the varsity play?

Good to see you back PUD! I wish the best to the Leps this year, hope it sends you all playoff bound...

hookandladder
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome back Pud, Scrimmage for Varsity starts at 7pm. From my understanding there will be a live scrimmage for 3 quarters after a short controlled scrimmage, if we pick up from where will left off last week we should be fun to watch. Just FYI- We will be Tailgating at Marble Falls next Friday, so mark your calendar to be there. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
08-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome back Pud, Scrimmage for Varsity starts at 7pm. From my understanding there will be a live scrimmage for 3 quarters after a short controlled scrimmage, if we pick up from where will left off last week we should be fun to watch. Just FYI- We will be Tailgating at Marble Falls next Friday, so mark your calendar to be there. Go Leps.

Thanks Zebrablue2 and Hook. It is great to be back following the LG Leopards again this year. We have a great bunch of seniors this season with the leadership and talent to turn some heads. I am looking forward to the Marble Falls game and will see you at the tailgate. Go Leps!

hookandladder
08-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Good overall scrimmage for the Leps, pretty much dominated for the first 2 live quarters. Our No.2 starters played the entire 3rd quarter, Lockhart only suited up 30 players. After 2 quarters La Grange 4 and Lockhart 1, LG also scored in controlled scrimmage in first 6 plays. Overall good tuneup for next week, now we have to pla 4 quarters.

Pudlugger
08-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I was very impressed with the Leps last night. Very few miscues evident and the first teams seemed to be well disciplined and well co-ordinated on both sides of the ball. Our running game is going to be very strong this year with at least three very fast break away ball carriers. The passing game will be equally effective with Vinklarek's strong arm, excellent situational awareness, ability to tuck and run for first downs and of course our seasoned offensive line making it all possible. Coach Kates took the pressure off the Lions midway in the 2nd quarter when we were up 35-7 and let the rest of the bench get some looks. The depth of a 4a team was apparent as the Lions 2nd team was very strong against our subs, getting them back in the game with three straight tds. The Lep backups will improve as the season progresses. Overall this is the best Lep football team since '09 in my opinion. Expectations will definitely be going up this year. Our opening game against 4a Marble Falls will be very telling. Coach Dodge will have his boys ready for his debut as the new 4a coach in this Hill Country retirement community. Let's go get them Leps and make a statement.

hookandladder
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I was very impressed with the Leps last night. Very few miscues evident and the first teams seemed to be well disciplined and well co-ordinated on both sides of the ball. Our running game is going to be very strong this year with at least three very fast break away ball carriers. The passing game will be equally effective with Vinklarek's strong arm, excellent situational awareness, ability to tuck and run for first downs and of course our seasoned offensive line making it all possible. Coach Kates took the pressure off the Lions midway in the 2nd quarter when we were up 35-7 and let the rest of the bench get some looks. The depth of a 4a team was apparent as the Lions 2nd team was very strong against our subs, getting them back in the game with three straight tds. The Lep backups will improve as the season progresses. Overall this is the best Lep football team since '09 in my opinion. Expectations will definitely be going up this year. Our opening game against 4a Marble Falls will be very telling. Coach Dodge will have his boys ready for his debut as the new 4a coach in this Hill Country retirement community. Let's go get them Leps and make a statement.

Have to agree , ready for next Friday now. Lockhart only suited up 30 players , so they did not have 1st and 2nd teams mostly just changed out a couple players back and forth. Will be a long year for them guys in 4A, lived there for a number of years and the kids are hard workers so hopefully their hard work will gather them some wins. Good Luck to the Loins.