PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside/Taft Scrimmage

99IHSMustang
08-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Hoping to hear whether or not there has been some improvement from last weeks Offense. If anyone is planning on attending tonight can you give a breakdown? Thanks

MustangFootball
08-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Complete turn around from last week! The offense was clicking the defense was stout, it look as if the Mustangs could score on every play if they wanted to....it was like a first down every play. I know it was just Taft but I talk to a friend of mine at work and he told me that Taft pitch a shutout last week against Mathis and West Oso....,the defense played great pitch a shutout tonight!!! Not sure what the final score was tonite might have been 6-0....., Marquis was an animal out there. Them Taft boys weren't ready for him. All in all it was a good scrimmage, hopefully they can keep up the intensity going into next weeks big game!!!

99IHSMustang
08-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Complete turn around from last week! The offense was clicking the defense was stout, it look as if the Mustangs could score on every play if they wanted to....it was like a first down every play. I know it was just Taft but I talk to a friend of mine at work and he told me that Taft pitch a shutout last week against Mathis and West Oso....,the defense played great pitch a shutout tonight!!! Not sure what the final score was tonite might have been 6-0....., Marquis was an animal out there. Them Taft boys weren't ready for him. All in all it was a good scrimmage, hopefully they can keep up the intensity going into next weeks big game!!!

Sounds like they are definietly heading in the right direction. According to the Mustangs facebook page Ingleside scored 5 times. Looking forward to watching them play Refugio next week. Someone mentioned Ingleside is running some new defensive schemes. Did they run them last night? Were there any force turnovers?

MustangFootball
08-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Sounds like they are definietly heading in the right direction. According to the Mustangs facebook page Ingleside scored 5 times. Looking forward to watching them play Refugio next week. Someone mentioned Ingleside is running some new defensive schemes. Did they run them last night? Were there any force turnovers?
Yes I mention last week that Ingleside was running a new defense this year, they looked really good last night, I think they only had one maybe two INT's but they were in positions to make a couple more but they drop them....they definetly won the battle in the trenches getting to the QB and interrupting the hand off causing the fumble and recovery, they also caused another fumble down field.