PDA

View Full Version : Columbus @ Gonzales (tonight's scrimmage)

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Like to see how new Cardinals Coach Sike's has them kid's going in Columbus. Willing to bet, discipline will be paramount, and actions of the past not tolerated, knowing Coach Sikes as I do. Great hire IMO in the off-season. GZ, and all that boat-load of talent Coach Lock as returning, should be a great test for Columbus.

hookandladder
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Like to see how new Cardinals Coach Sike's has them kid's going in Columbus. Willing to bet, discipline will be paramount, and actions of the past not tolerated, knowing Coach Sikes as I do. Great hire IMO in the off-season. GZ, and all that boat-load of talent Coach Lock as returning, should be a great test for Columbus.

Pretty sure his last name is Sines, also from rumors I am hearing it may be a short marriage if you know what I mean.

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
It's Sine folks..and no S at the end.:wave:

Lombardi
08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Columbus has an abundance of speed.I am sure Coach Sine will get them rolling. GZ has a few good players returning.. They lost some very good ones to graduation also. Should be a very competitive scrimmage.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes, Sine--a one time HC with our neighbors in Flatonia. Previously at Sonora. Typo, sorry. Ya'll knew who I meant. :speech:

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 11:06 AM
From what I'm hearing, GZ is "Lock and loaded" this year. Looking to repeat as district champs. He has them rolling for sure past few years. Solid group of seniors. Yes, very entertaining scrimmage tonight.

bigcat8
08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I've known Coach Lock for a long time and I'll bet you didn't hear that from him. He has always been very tight lipped about his teams.
From what I'm hearing, GZ is "Lock and loaded" this year. Looking to repeat as district champs. He has them rolling for sure past few years. Solid group of seniors. Yes, very entertaining scrimmage tonight.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I've known Coach Lock for a long time and I'll bet you didn't hear that from him. He has always been very tight lipped about his teams.

Don't have to hear it from him bigcat8, we've felt it first hand and know what's returning. Lost a couple players from that remarkable team last year, but---they have those spot's secured with just as talented kid's. And that 2011 team was tremendous. Not sure anything I posted is out of line here. Big supporter of GZ 9 week's out of ten. I'd expect them to be looking to repeat. But, of course it didn't come from Lock. This group of seniors and ours grew up together and played many of year's of ball against one another from pee wee till now and have become great friends. Trust me, GZ will be and have earned the top billing in the district this year. Great athletes over there. "The Diesel" will be a beast.

zebrablue2
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Pretty sure his last name is Sines, also from rumors I am hearing it may be a short marriage if you know what I mean.

Really, on the short marriage.:evillol: Please tell us what you mean??? Sine is a damn good football coach...

hookandladder
08-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Really, on the short marriage.:evillol: Please tell us what you mean??? Sine is a damn good football coach...

I have nothing but good to say about Coach Sines , just heard his discipline has not gone over to well there. Coach Sines could turn that program around however the commitment has to be from the top down, wish nothing but the best for Coach Sines except when we play them.

hookandladder
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM

I am somewhat surprised but pretty sure he does visit this board at times, normally that does not happen by most coaches however maybe it is someone acting like him. These days you never know.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I know one thing, Columbus looked very good tonight against a solid GZ team. Better be in shape to face that hurry up offense. 80/20 pass oriented.

Controlled portion #1's:
Columbus-1
GZ-0

Controlled portion #2's:
GZ-1
Columbus-0

2 quarters game situation:
Columbus-13
GZ-7

Very impressed with both teams. Diesel (GZ RB) took one 80 yards, first play of game situation. Sine appeared to have those kid's fired up over there. Dern sure a change from last year.

Lombardi
08-23-2012, 10:25 PM
saw where GZ had 4 starters not suited up- one being the FS . He makes a HUGE difference.
I know one thing, Columbus looked very good tonight against a solid GZ team. Better be in shape to face that hurry up offense. 80/20 pass oriented.

Controlled portion #1's:
Columbus-1
GZ-0

Controlled portion #2's:
GZ-1
Columbus-0

2 quarters game situation:
Columbus-13
GZ-7

Very impressed with both teams. Diesel (GZ RB) took one 80 yards, first play of game situation. Sine appeared to have those kid's fired up over there. Dern sure a change from last year.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 10:32 PM
saw where GZ had 4 starters not suited up- one being the FS . He makes a HUGE difference.

I think both teams had some players out. CJ looked in mid-season form for GZ, and #56 from Columbus looked very solid.

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Damn! 3-1 Columbus????

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Damn! 3-1 Columbus????

No, 3-2. But, both team's had some starters out. I know we will have our hands full next week versus the revamped Cardinals I assure you, in Columbus.

Manso/V8
08-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Sounds like Columbus is back better than expected by some. That will make our district even more competitive. We are going to need to tighten up our pass defense!

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Kid's and community buy into Coach Sine program, they'll be a worthy opponent each week Manso. Big improvement from Edna scrimmage to this one.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
GZ is as advertized too. OL big, quick and great foot work. The "Diesel" is one of the state's best RB IMO, and with that OL, he'll have massive lanes to stride through. He makes it look easy. Be forewarned, don't let him outside cornerbacks. Hillman throws a nice catchable ball. Apaches #11, (another RB) I heard is a freshman, and he is going to be a force. He did fumble his first carry after gaining about 20 yards near GZ sideline and Coach Lock took him to the side, spoke with him, and he came back with a solid performance after that.

BigGreen61
08-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Went to the scrimmage last night GZ did not show to much they could'nt stop the pass . But it's to early to talk because if you don't show up on friday in this district you will be going home with L . I thank It's going to be a darkhorse in the bottom 3 of this district that is going to win it all

44INAROW
08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I hope you're right.. -

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Went to the scrimmage last night GZ did not show to much they could'nt stop the pass . But it's to early to talk because if you don't show up on friday in this district you will be going home with L . I thank It's going to be a darkhorse in the bottom 3 of this district that is going to win it all

Don't be fooled Clem. I think some of that successful passing against GZ has to go to a revamped Columbus offense. The spread ran right, creates them openings. GZ is the real deal----again, in my book.

Put it on East tonight and best to Caleb and his Cuero-mates.

tiorey
08-24-2012, 11:55 AM

This is true. That FS is a difference maker.

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2012, 12:07 PM
No, 3-2. But, both team's had some starters out. I know we will have our hands full next week versus the revamped Cardinals I assure you, in Columbus.
Yep, i definitely cant count... smh