last I saw was at 5:00-6:00-7:00 Fr/JV/V but I can't confirm

I think that is correct from what I heard too

Cam
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Why Thursday?

greendawg84
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Why Thursday?

Dunno why it is on thursday , odd for sure , but the Fresh and JV are at 5...... cant tell you about the Varsity would guess 6:30 or so .

Cam
08-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Dunno why it is on thursday , odd for sure , but the Fresh and JV are at 5...... cant tell you about the Varsity would guess 6:30 or so .

You goin' Greendawg?...I'll be heading over there from Austin round 4pm....

greendawg84
08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
You goin' Greendawg?...I'll be heading over there from Austin round 4pm....

Yep , should be there by 5 , dont know if the boss will let me stay to watch the varsity but we shall see.....

Gone Fishing
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Yep , should be there by 5 , dont know if the boss will let me stay to watch the varsity but we shall see.....

sounds like you need a new boss... LOL... Not watch the varsity ? How could you not watch the varsity ?

greendawg84
08-23-2012, 07:52 AM
sounds like you need a new boss... LOL... Not watch the varsity ? How could you not watch the varsity ?

Well I had this one for 26 years so I am kinda fond of her ! Also I only know what I hear and read but I think it is cheaper to keep her ! :p

Cam
08-23-2012, 09:48 AM

No way Greendawg could find another "boss" like the exotic-lookin' one he has now!!.....:p

Cam
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

.....wanna start some trouble tonight?.......just kiddin'...I'm gettin' too old for that......you go ahead!!

LHPfactory
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Why Thursday?

Alot of teams (incluing those you admire = LH) are scrimmaging on Thursday night. It gives the coaches the day after (friday) to make adjustments, fix exposed weaknesses, and be prepared early for the week zero practices.

Cam
08-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Alot of teams (incluing those you admire = LH) are scrimmaging on Thursday night. It gives the coaches the day after (friday) to make adjustments, fix exposed weaknesses, and be prepared early for the week zero practices.

Dang I never knew that....we'll see who's gonna be admiring who on Oct. 26!!....:taunt:

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
.....wanna start some trouble tonight?.......just kiddin'...I'm gettin' too old for that......you go ahead!!

:tisk: Now you know we don't allow trouble down here in these parts...we have a way of dealing with that sort of thing.

Cam
08-23-2012, 11:20 AM
:tisk: Now you know we don't allow trouble down here in these parts...we have a way of dealing with that sort of thing.

....almost sounds like a dare!.......

YTBulldogs
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Why Thursday?

So Nelms can go scout main reason I assume.

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
....almost sounds like a dare!.......

a double dare :taunt:

greendawg84
08-23-2012, 01:27 PM
a double dare :taunt:

Just dont call him Chicken !!!!!

Cam
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Just dont call him Chicken !!!!!

OK Greendawg...here's how it's gonna go down....you and I will meet on the 50 yd. line visitors side to coordinate the attack. Bring your Mattel Walkie Talkie with you!... BLEEDZGREEN will be on the roof of the building behind the home side of the stadium..In fact, he's already in place and texted me. He's bitchin' cause the hot roof is burnin' his belly pretty good.....He'll have his water balloon sling-shot at the ready....Guido, Rocko, Vinny (not my boy), Big Al, and just plain "Bill" will meet at the southwest corner of the home side bleachers. They'll have a giant bowl of pasta for anyone needing a good pasta hazing.....if things go wrong, make your way to the parking lot, avoid the pissed off women, and haul ass outta there!......Good luck men!!.....:evil:

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Not able to make this...any news?

wimbo_pro
08-23-2012, 10:47 PM

I was there from the start of the Varsity scrimmage. It is safe to say that Burnet performed below average for a 3A team at this point in the season...and Wimberley performed above average for a 3A team at this point in the season. End result....Domination by Wimberley over Burnet. I saw Wimberley score 4 times, Burnet 0. I left before it was over, so there might be more to it than this.

I am very impressed and very excited for the upcoming season. We had many shining moments, and a few not-so-shining moments. But overall, our offense looked good, strong in the running game, relatively solid in the passing game (including protecting the QB), good in line play. We have a few obvious things we need to fix (for example, snap was too high at least 10 times, other problems I would rather not mention), but its early, and those things can be fine tuned.

On defense...strong. The "Terrible 2's" (my nickname for what will surely be seen as our dominant linebacker crew of #32 and #52, Lambert and Mann) ruled the kingdom when they were both in. They are going to turn heads this year...mark it down.

Overall...an organized, well schooled display of August football. A tribute to Sir Nelms and the coaching crew....good work, men!!!

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Thank you sir. We all know what Mann can do but did not realize Lambert was following in big brother's footsteps. Can he play some QB also? Lol..

wimbo_pro
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Thank you sir. We all know what Mann can do but did not realize Lambert was following in big brother's footsteps. Can he play some QB also? Lol..

Ha! Dunno...but he is a solid, big and strong running back. He will knock people down, no doubt about it. He does not have blazing speed (he's a sophmore, right?), but he has good speed...and power. We are in good shape in that category.

Tejastrue
08-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Ha! Dunno...but he is a solid, big and strong running back. He will knock people down, no doubt about it. He does not have blazing speed (he's a sophmore, right?), but he has good speed...and power. We are in good shape in that category.

Yes..just a soph.. Sounds like a great complement to Kelly at FB. Looking forward to next week.

wimbo_pro
08-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Yes..just a soph.. Sounds like a great complement to Kelly at FB. Looking forward to next week.

Me too. It appears that we are in as good of shape as we could of hoped for, seeing how many we graduated. We will be just fine this year...and hopes of repeating are alive.

Cam
08-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow wimbo....what a serious case of homerism! Let's clarify a few things. Wimberley 1st unit scored 1 td against burnet 1st team. Nice run by 28! The 2nd team wimb offense scored 2 Tds against 2nd team burnet def.
In the 2nd part of live scrimmage with 2 12 minute quarters and 1st team units, wimb offense was held scoreless! Burnet qb lit up your secondary and wimb d stiffened at the wimb 3 yd line. Burnet kicked a field goal. Burnet d held off wimb offense as time expired. Not bad for a burnet team of 35 kids & only 10 seniors!
Looks to me like wimb has 2 nice backs. 34 is a beast & 28 is fast. Nice big o-line. Tough run defense. Secondary I think is ok. They probably won't see many qbs as accurate as burnets kiser. Bottom line: wimb won the first part of the scrimmage but burnet takes the 2 quarter timed scrimmage by a field goal and a nice shutout.
I will say it now. Coach jones is bringing back the excitement & district 8-3a will have a battle on their hands!
Oh, and FYI everybody: burnet frosh & jv whooped the texans!

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Looking forward to Wimbo's rebuttal. He had to have seen something that caused him to speak so one sided.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Cam and Wimbo see thing's differently here. Gotta love HS football. :2thumbsup

Starts for real next week. Time will tell. Good luck to both schools.

Cam
08-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Looking forward to Wimbo's rebuttal. He had to have seen something that caused him to speak so one sided.

Actually, don't think he saw much...said he left early...either that, or he was at the wrong scrimmage!!...LOL!

Look, it doesn't matter what we think. It's what the kids think. Did you happen to notice the Burnet squad jumpin' up and down as if they had just won a SC?.....That was cool!....What it shows is this groups' youthfullness, enthusiasm, and quite frankly the respect they have for a defending state champion!...Shutting out the Texans in the live timed two quarters was not an easy task......And watchin' Burnet QB operate was impressive..He is going to be the real deal...He's only 6'2" but only a Jr. with room to grow...His dad is 6'3" or 6'4".....Burnet is only beginning to find their way....Wimberley has been there and done that.....but DCTF has it all wrong....Burnet will not occupy the 5th spot in 8-3A!!.....but like I said, doesn't matter what I think......Good luck to Wimberley...they should make a deep run this season...

Cam
08-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Oh I forgot to mention.....I had a blast in your restrooms peeing in one of those horse troughs!.....There was this cricket trapped in there. Poor little fella! I was gonna scoop him out with a paper towel and give him life....but then I noticed he had a tiny Wimberley logo painted on his thorax and his wings were blue and red!!!.....Dang! That's what I call team loyalty!.....Anyway, I tried drownin' the little guy after that!!!.......:evil:

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Oh I forgot to mention.....I had a blast in your restrooms peeing in one of those horse troughs!.....There was this cricket trapped in there. Poor little fella! I was gonna scoop him out with a paper towel and give him life....but then I noticed he had a tiny Wimberley logo painted on his thorax and his wings were blue and red!!!.....Dang! That's what I call team loyalty!.....Anyway, I tried drownin' the little guy after that!!!.......:evil:

LOL.:tmi:

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM

LOL!! Leave our crickets outa this!!!

Well, I did say I left early...just after the run by #32 for a long TD. I stand by my over all assessment that Wimberley dominated the scrimmage. I didnt say complete domination, just controlled things on both sides of the ball. Sure we gave up some 1st downs, but that was about it. Later in the scrimmage...I cannot comment on. But when the starters were lined up against each other, without a doubt we held our ground on defense and moved the ball on offense.

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Admit it Cam..you tried to drown the little guy only after you realized his chirper was bigger than yours...:wave:

YTBulldogs
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Admit it Cam..you tried to drown the little guy only after you realized his chirper was bigger than yours...:wave:

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.:D:D:D

Didn't know a crickets Richard was called a chirper. LOL.

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Actually, don't think he saw much...said he left early...either that, or he was at the wrong scrimmage!!...LOL!

Look, it doesn't matter what we think. It's what the kids think. Did you happen to notice the Burnet squad jumpin' up and down as if they had just won a SC?.....That was cool!....What it shows is this groups' youthfullness, enthusiasm, and quite frankly the respect they have for a defending state champion!...Shutting out the Texans in the live timed two quarters was not an easy task......And watchin' Burnet QB operate was impressive..He is going to be the real deal...He's only 6'2" but only a Jr. with room to grow...His dad is 6'3" or 6'4".....Burnet is only beginning to find their way....Wimberley has been there and done that.....but DCTF has it all wrong....Burnet will not occupy the 5th spot in 8-3A!!.....but like I said, doesn't matter what I think......Good luck to Wimberley...they should make a deep run this season...

Well...like I said, I didnt see as much as you did, but we certainly dominated what I saw (I didnt even mention the pick that would have been for 6 if it were live ball). But all the Wimberley fans need to know is we look good, as good as could be expected. Some holes need to be plugged , some finer details need to be honed...but over all, we look good for August ball.

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM

Don't know how I passed over this....

I was not at the scrimmage Cam. I wished I'd been there but was mildly celebrating a double decade anniversary with the better half. It's much appreciated the enthusiasm you display for the kids. Best of luck to Burnet this year and here's to proving DCTF wrong.

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 09:30 PM
GF..you make this one?

ogg
08-24-2012, 09:33 PM

Burnet will win a lot of games this year, super QB play, good defense. Team looked well coached. For Wimberley two things surprised me. One was the number of center snaps high or over the head of Jones and two, probably more concerning, was the really poor pass receiving. Rbs, D looked really good, OL has some work to do but about par what I expected, , , think they have great potential. Jones did not disappoint.

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 09:51 PM
For our receivers..are you talking about the ability to make the catch ?? I know it's only a scrimmage..who would you compare their QB to with what we have seen the last couple of years?? Is he an Aune type? Cam is really high on him.

Gone Fishing
08-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Wow wimbo....what a serious case of homerism! Let's clarify a few things. Wimberley 1st unit scored 1 td against burnet 1st team. Nice run by 28! The 2nd team wimb offense scored 2 Tds against 2nd team burnet def.
In the 2nd part of live scrimmage with 2 12 minute quarters and 1st team units, wimb offense was held scoreless! Burnet qb lit up your secondary and wimb d stiffened at the wimb 3 yd line. Burnet kicked a field goal. Burnet d held off wimb offense as time expired. Not bad for a burnet team of 35 kids & only 10 seniors!
Looks to me like wimb has 2 nice backs. 34 is a beast & 28 is fast. Nice big o-line. Tough run defense. Secondary I think is ok. They probably won't see many qbs as accurate as burnets kiser. Bottom line: wimb won the first part of the scrimmage but burnet takes the 2 quarter timed scrimmage by a field goal and a nice shutout.
I will say it now. Coach jones is bringing back the excitement & district 8-3a will have a battle on their hands!
Oh, and FYI everybody: burnet frosh & jv whooped the texans!

Cam , sorry but you are Wrong! In the second quarter of the "real " scrimmage wimberley had its second team corners and safety in as well as most of the DL and LB's and in the "second" part of the second quarter of the "real" scrimmage Wimberley had their third team in at corners and safety. Your QB did not move it very well in the first quarter of the "real" scrimmage against our first team DB's and saftey at all ,and only moved it in the second quarter of the "real" scrimmage against second or third team corners and safetys. As soon as yall got inside the 5 or whatever at the end, we put the starting safety in and one of the starting corners leaving a third team corner in and we made yall look silly for 3 plays untill yall kicked the" big" FG. I know all of our players very well and kind of know what our coaches do in scrimmages and they sub everywhere all the time looking at players. I know yall need a boost and keeping your main players in most of the time (as far as I could see) it might help the mojo Burnet needs. Its kind of like 7 on 7, we really don't care about that, I will say the QB looked pretty good against second and third team Texan DB"s, but really don't see him doing anything that special to get yall out of your district. He is a sophmore, right? He could get much better in the next year as yall improve. Good luck, I like BHS more than anyone in your district, except Llano. Hope you found some good food while you were here...LOL

Gone Fishing
08-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Sorry I didn't read all the threads, but like I said he did most against second or third team players. He may be good down the road though. We only have 36 on varsity too so many were on the sidelines.

ogg
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
For our receivers..are you talking about the ability to make the catch ?? I know it's only a scrimmage..who would you compare their QB to with what we have seen the last couple of years?? Is he an Aune type? Cam is really high on him.

He should be.
He can rocket passes into tight places, checks off receivers well, pretty elusive QB when pressured. Don’t think he’s as good as Aune; However Aune had superior supporting players. Our receivers? Dropped a number of balls, quit on some routes, seem to lack aggression and focus.

Gone Fishing
08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
GF..you make this one?

Yes, I think I agree with Wimbo for the most part, but what arm chair qb's dont see is the simple fact that it is a scrimmage! We need to do something with our O line and some receivers need to step up or not!!!!. I personally can't stand slow route running and no aggressive down field blocking, drives me to fishing! LOL We all have to get used to many players going both ways this year, its just the way it is, and I tried to let Cam know that we had second and third team guys in there becuase we already know what the starters can and have to do, we just have to have some back ups to give them a breather sometime. For the most part, I am happy. WEEK 0 here we come..

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 10:33 PM
He should be.
He can rocket passes into tight places, checks off receivers well, pretty elusive QB when pressured. Don’t think he’s as good as Aune; However Aune had superior supporting players. Our receivers? Dropped a number of balls, quit on some routes, seem to lack aggression and focus.

Thanks ogg..we seen Aune as a Sr so who knows with this kid. Best of luck to him. As far as our receivers..I think that we'll get that straightened out one way or another. That won't fly under Nelms' realm.

Gone Fishing
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM

That QB is no Anue, thats funny! Anue was a D I recruit!! This guy looked kind of good against our second and third team db's and safety! He does have a year to get better though.

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Well yeah you're right! But the comparison isn't fair....that thing had a full blown erection!.....my Yukon Cornelius was in "chill mode"!!!....

Tejastrue
08-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Well yeah you're right! But the comparison isn't fair....that thing had a full blown erection!.....my Yukon Cornelius was in "chill mode"!!!....

It was probably 95* in there with at least 70% humidity but if that's your story.....

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 11:23 PM
****Pssst....Texan fans....we whooped em pretty good...don't let Cam confuse you!****

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Sir.....I am never wrong! But if we must argue, lets just look at all the options:
1) if you look at the scoring for the entire scrimmage (like I'm guessing most wimberley fans did), the texans scored 3 times to burnets 1 field goal. So, wimberley wins!!! You can't say the pic would've gone all the way. Our 2nd team qb is pretty fast & may have caught him. Or he would've tripped over the wall of coaches that were on the field!
2) if you look at 1st team scoring in 1st part of scrimmage, wimberley wins with one score to none.
3) if you look at live 2 quarter scrimmage burnet pitches a shutout and wins with a field goal.
Burnet hung with wimberley....admit it! And our qb would've lit up whatever db's wimberley had to offer!!....Our o-line did a nice job protecting him...without the services of our senior stud guard who suffered a concussion last week in practice.
Funny how some wimberley folks won't give a very young burnet team some credit for hanging' with ya! Hope we see y'all again!.....we ain't skeered!

ogg
08-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks ogg..we seen Aune as a Sr so who knows with this kid. Best of luck to him. As far as our receivers..I think that we'll get that straightened out one way or another. That won't fly under Nelms' realm.

That's why I've said before, Wimberley will be very very good by playoffs.

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Ok fine....I have a small peeper...is that what you wanted to hear?.....do you feel better now?....lol...

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Sir.....I am never wrong! But if we must argue, lets just look at all the options:
1) if you look at the scoring for the entire scrimmage (like I'm guessing most wimberley fans did), the texans scored 3 times to burnets 1 field goal. So, wimberley wins!!! You can't say the pic would've gone all the way. Our 2nd team qb is pretty fast & may have caught him. Or he would've tripped over the wall of coaches that were on the field!
2) if you look at 1st team scoring in 1st part of scrimmage, wimberley wins with one score to none.
3) if you look at live 2 quarter scrimmage burnet pitches a shutout and wins with a field goal.
Burnet hung with wimberley....admit it! And our qb would've lit up whatever db's wimberley had to offer!!....Our o-line did a nice job protecting him...without the services of our senior stud guard who suffered a concussion last week in practice.
Funny how some wimberley folks won't give a very young burnet team some credit for hanging' with ya! Hope we see y'all again!.....we ain't skeered!

Oh stop it!! I didnt say you guys were bad!! I said we dominated you...thats all!! I am sure you will be fine during the year, and have a good shot at doing better than what has been predicted. Not saying anything bad about Burnet at all. Just saying we had the upperhand during the scrimmage. If that is a win for you, then great! My point was/is...we looked as good as we could expect for August. If you are saying thats as good as you could expect for August...then more power to you! Good luck.

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Are you mad at me?....

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:50 PM

Cam
08-24-2012, 11:51 PM
This thread is starting to bore me...I'm outta here.....

wimbo_pro
08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you mad at me?....

Of course not!! You're one of the good guys here...and I admire your passion for your team. Don't take it personally!