PDA

View Full Version : Infested with deer!

Cam
08-21-2012, 03:15 PM
On any given night, you can walk out my front porch and shine a spot light, and you'll see anywhere from 10 to 20 pairs of glowin' eyes staring at you. Darn deer like camping out on my yard...babies everywhere....lots of twins......the neighbor feeds them so I guess they're waiting for sunrise to feast on his offerings....The deer are getting mighty bold for sure.....I've got two labs...my dogs usually spook the deer anytime they get near the hurricane fence that separates them....but the other day, a daring adult doe challenged my dogs....NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!....This doe ran up against the fence trying to attack my dogs. Course, my dogs were mad as hell and tried desparately to engage....This went on for about 1 minute with neither backing down....the doe finally took off.....deer are dangerous and can kick and gorge!......my neighbor has them feeding off his hand....I keep waiting for the day the paramedics will be looking for one of his testicles in his frontyard!! ... :helpme:

....anybody need some venison?.....

ogg
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
On any given night, you can walk out my front porch and shine a spot light, and you'll see anywhere from 10 to 20 pairs of glowin' eyes staring at you. Darn deer like camping out on my yard...babies everywhere....lots of twins......the neighbor feeds them so I guess they're waiting for sunrise to feast on his offerings....The deer are getting mighty bold for sure.....I've got two labs...my dogs usually spook the deer anytime they get near the hurricane fence that separates them....but the other day, a daring adult doe challenged my dogs....NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!....This doe ran up against the fence trying to attack my dogs. Course, my dogs were mad as hell and tried desparately to engage....This went on for about 1 minute with neither backing down....the doe finally took off.....deer are dangerous and can kick and gorge!......my neighbor has them feeding off his hand....I keep waiting for the day the paramedics will be looking for one of his testicles in his frontyard!! ... :helpme:

....anybody need some venison?.....

We have alot more deer this year in Wimberley. One was on my back patio eating dog food last week.

wimbo_pro
08-21-2012, 06:52 PM
We have alot more deer this year in Wimberley. One was on my back patio eating dog food last week.

No kidding, OGG. They definitely will eat meat...especially during the drought. I would put out shredded chicken and they would eat it. They look a lot better this summer than last!

ogg
08-21-2012, 08:03 PM
No kidding, OGG. They definitely will eat meat...especially during the drought. I would put out shredded chicken and they would eat it. They look a lot better this summer than last!

yeah, between your chicken and my dog food they look better.:)

wimbo_pro
08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
They drink beer too....light beer, but beer nonetheless.

ogg
08-21-2012, 08:24 PM
They drink beer too....light beer, but beer nonetheless.

That explains the increase incidents of deer fatalities on RR 12, DUI, deer under the influence.

rb585
08-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Every mama doe I've seen has two fawns with her. That's unusual.

regaleagle
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Actually it's not. After seasons of drought, it's not unusual to see more offspring from wildlife to make up for the die-off caused by the sparse conditions. Nature has a way of regenerating itself even in wildlife.

BaseballUmp
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I'll be in the LH/Burnet/Lampasas area in the morning and I better see some damn deer

Tejastrue
08-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Had a new family of turkeys make their way back and forth here the last few weeks (8 total counting ma and pa). They like to abuse my bird feeder and bird bath. I occasionally throw scraps out to the foxes only to find out the deer are like a garbage disposal. They'll eat just about anything. Lol. FYI...they won't touch the fountain grass and texas sage but will chew up a thorny rose bush. Gotta love it.

1st and goal
08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Cam, be glad your dogs are fenced. A big doe will do a number to a dog if she thinks her fawns are in danger.

Here's a beatdown on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JgtT9uKWdA

jason
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
this one is better

warning - bad language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWlar279UiE

Cam
08-22-2012, 09:49 AM

funny you mention that...these deer eat our cats food and drink his water....next thing ya know they'll be knockin' on our door wanting to join us for dinner........

Cam
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Had a new family of turkeys make their way back and forth here the last few weeks (8 total counting ma and pa). They like to abuse my bird feeder and bird bath. I occasionally throw scraps out to the foxes only to find out the deer are like a garbage disposal. They'll eat just about anything. Lol. FYI...they won't touch the fountain grass and texas sage but will chew up a thorny rose bush. Gotta love it.

We got quite a few turkeys as well.....for a while, raised a baby chick that showed up in the front yard.....darn bird was actually pretty cool...followed us everywhere and hung out with us in the garden eatin' bugs and stuff. Whenever we'd be diggin', this little guy would be right there lookin' for the worms....unfortunately, the bird developed that curled toe problem and died...I was lookin' forward to seeing him/her grow up......:bigcry:

1st and goal
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
this one is better

warning - bad language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWlar279UiE

same vid.....you're warped!

Cam
08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I'll be in the LH/Burnet/Lampasas area in the morning and I better see some damn deer

damn deer?....actually, where I live, that would be Buchanan Dam deer.......

Phil C
08-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh Deer. :(

Blue42
08-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Man the last time I played golf in Wimberley I almost hit a deer with my golf ball and I’m not that good of a golfer, there were lots of them around the greens, that was a great day.

Cam
08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Man the last time I played golf in Wimberley I almost hit a deer with my golf ball and I’m not that good of a golfer, there were lots of them around the greens, that was a great day.

....was that deer on an adjacent hole?....:p

Blue42
08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Good one!

greendawg84
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM

Bet when your oldest gets home for Christman break they will be dead Buchanan Dam deer ! :p

slpybear the bullfan
08-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Cam, let me know what weekend after Sep 29th is good and I will be happy to come stick a few of them for you with my bow!

BaseballUmp
08-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Well right as I got into Burnet this morning, it started pouring down so I didn't see anything

Cam
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Well right as I got into Burnet this morning, it started pouring down so I didn't see anything

....too bad....now you're thinkin' we're just a bunch of liars!.....come to my place and we'll show you our pets.....and some of their relatives in our big freezer!!....