PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmages fri or sat in mckinney (or north) area

purring kitty
08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Anybody know of scrimmages being held on Friday, August 24 or Saturday, August 25 in the McKinney area or points north?

orange machine
08-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Argyle and Prosper in Argyle friday night you want to go???

purring kitty
08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a date.

Gsquared
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
It's a date.

Oh thats hot.

regaleagle
08-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, they've kinda been our most competitive rival over the years, and with each school named the EAGLES it doesn't make things any better between the two schools. Let's just say it won't be your "normal" scrimmage and leave it at that. Things may get a little testy on the field Friday nite. Just part of the history I guess.

Tejastrue
08-21-2012, 09:51 PM
It's a date.

Question..is there really a "North Texas" in North Texas? I'm sure you get that line all of the time. Lol..

regaleagle
08-21-2012, 09:53 PM
In fact, if you wanna see the frosh and JV scrimmages too, they get started @ 5:30. The varsity is set to begin @ 7 pm.

regaleagle
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
After being down here in McAllen/Mission all summer, I can tell you that Argyle is DEFINITELY North Texas, lol. It takes me 3 hrs to get to 183 from Argyle, but from McAllen I reckon it's about 8 hrs....allowing for a stop somewhere down the line. 'Course, just about everything is North Texas from here, huh?

Tejastrue
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
After being down here in McAllen/Mission all summer, I can tell you that Argyle is DEFINITELY North Texas, lol. It takes me 3 hrs to get to 183 from Argyle, but from McAllen I reckon it's about 8 hrs....allowing for a stop somewhere down the line. 'Course, just about everything is North Texas from here, huh?

Regal, you are always welcome in Wimberley if you feel the need to stop off along the way. The only requirement is that you make a small donation to our 2011 SC monument. :wave: Yes..our district is that poor....

http://texanboosterclub.com/

regaleagle
08-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Well golly shucks, TT. That's an awful nice gesture you made there regarding such a highly regarded symbol. I think I'll hafta pass at this point, but I do appreciate the invite just the same. You know, I helped build those first houses over there in Woodcreek back in the 70's when I was working in the summer while attending college at San Marcos. Yeah, I worked for ol' man Stokes of Stokes Construction back then....used to hafta sweep off his balcony at least once a week, too. He took a shinin' to this country boy from Goliad, I guess. And now here I am about 35 yrs. later gettin' invited back to those early roots. Ain't life funny. And I'm an Argyllian now, ha ha. Heck, back then Wimberley and Argyle weren't even a speck on the map. Now look at us!!! Just Golly.