PDA

View Full Version : Two Forum Haters/One Forum Lovers

slpybear the bullfan
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL, well, I needed a thread title guaranteed to get your attention.

I read a few threads every year or so bemoaning the structure of the forum, with multiple forums for different things. I hear it described sometimes as a leading cause of the board being dead.

Personally, I think that is not the reason. But if you want to see a "one-forum-for-everything" view, I suggest clicking on the "new posts" link at the top left of the forums. This spits out a multipage listing of all the threads where someone posted since your last visit.

Presto! One forum for you again.

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2012, 03:32 PM
or how about just one forum since so many are asking for it

Ranger Mom
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL, well, I needed a thread title guaranteed to get your attention.

I read a few threads every year or so bemoaning the structure of the forum, with multiple forums for different things. I hear it described sometimes as a leading cause of the board being dead.

Personally, I think that is not the reason. But if you want to see a "one-forum-for-everything" view, I suggest clicking on the "new posts" link at the top left of the forums. This spits out a multipage listing of all the threads where someone posted since your last visit.

Presto! One forum for you again.

We've always that option....it's just not the same!!!

slpybear the bullfan
08-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Move it back to one forum for all. But that ain't gonna bring back the "Good Ole Days."

Pretty sure facebook, twitter, texting and social media blew up the reasons that many people used to hang out on IBBs and chat rooms. That is what we see on many of the boards I frequent/have frequented.

BwdLion73
08-20-2012, 06:43 PM
"Good Ole days" That reminds me when I started my career over 30 years ago as a 20 something goober. I would hear the old timers or veterans say "things arent like they used to be". but I was having a blast!

After 10 years or so I started hearing some of my generation saying "things arent like they used to be" but I was still going and blowing and enjoying myself.

After 20 years and many funerals saying goodbye to old timers I watched as I became "One of them"
I would go to training seminars at the usual party places on the coast and watch the young un's act like I used to and make fools of themselves. They would put up with me and make comments about how long I had lasted.

It took 30 years of experience but as I sat watching I decided "Things arent like they used to be....and they never were....."These are the good old days!

Enjoy the site, make it what you will....I retired last month after 34 plus years and said goodbye.

Txbroadcaster
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Move it back to one forum for all. But that ain't gonna bring back the "Good Ole Days."

Pretty sure facebook, twitter, texting and social media blew up the reasons that many people used to hang out on IBBs and chat rooms. That is what we see on many of the boards I frequent/have frequented.

to an extent yes FB has made a small dent..but I go on more than a few boards that are as busy now as they were 6-7 years ago....things changed here when it stopped being a place to come and have a blast and talk football and other stuff.rules got to be way to big of a deal and the powers that be stopped listening to the users to an extent

Old Tiger
08-20-2012, 10:10 PM
to an extent yes FB has made a small dent..but I go on more than a few boards that are as busy now as they were 6-7 years ago....things changed here when it stopped being a place to come and have a blast and talk football and other stuff.rules got to be way to big of a deal and the powers that be stopped listening to the users to an extent
Truff