PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Somerset scrimmage

Cam
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Burnet Freshmen - 5 scores to Somerset's 3
Burnet JV - 3 scores to Somerset's 1
Burnet Varsity - 3 scores to Somerset's 2

Somerset should be pretty good this year. Not sure where they're predicted to finish. They have some good size. It's fun to watch Coach Detmer's kid play QB! He's looks like he might be 130 lbs soakin' wet!! But, he puts every bit of his body into his throws. Somerset has some nice backs. Especially the big kid who is a load!
Burnet junior QB Kiser is gonna be special if he keeps working hard.
Burnet freshman RB (and Junior Olympian) Brock Foster is fun to watch. He can fly. For sure a varsity prospect for next year.

LHdog
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I thought the Bulldogs looked pretty good for the first scrimmage. There are only 16 seniors on the team and not all of them are starters so we will seen a lot of juniors and sophs this year. I think they will be scrappy and will be competitive in most every game and may surprise a few people. Coach Jones has put together a capable staff and I am encouraged by what I saw.

Cam
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I thought the Bulldogs looked pretty good for the first scrimmage. There are only 16 seniors on the team and not all of them are starters so we will seen a lot of juniors and sophs this year. I think they will be scrappy and will be competitive in most every game and may surprise a few people. Coach Jones has put together a capable staff and I am encouraged by what I saw.

Actually I heard only 10 - 11 seniors on the 35 man roster. If this young team can compete well this season I like what the possibilities are for next year with the influx of good talent on the JV and freshmen squads.
Due to budget cuts I guess, Jones is going to have to go at it with fewer coaches than last season....