PDA

View Full Version : Donation Expirations and Inactive User cleanup

Administrator
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
If you are used to having the "Donating Members" forum available to you and you no longer see it, this means your donation has expired. I had to manually expire donations from the old version of vBulletin, and there were about 100 or so users who were expired. Donations are greatly appreciated, and this new version of vBulletin allows much better control and automatic expirations. I had written custom code for the old version to automatically expire donations when it was due.

Also, I will be deleting inactive users (those who haven't even visited the site in over 1 year) on September 1st, so if you know anyone who hasn't been on 3ADL recently, you may want to warn them. An E-Mail has been sent to everyone affected, but of course a majority may be old E-Mail addresses.

bigwood33
08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
I donated $200 on July 24th. Here is my transaction #, 5D741824R4745172P

rockdale80
08-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I donated too. Mine shouldnt be expired either. Not cool....

Administrator
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
I donated $200 on July 24th. Here is my transaction #, 5D741824R4745172P

Yep, sorry about that! There's only 3 current donations from the new system. I've fixed that for you. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and thanks for the donation!

Administrator
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I donated too. Mine shouldnt be expired either. Not cool....

When did you donate so I can look it back up? Was it via PayPal or check? Remember - I can only go off of what the OLD forum stated for the expiration date, and at that time, those donations were valid for 2 years, but they are now valid for 1 year (after the 2 years has expired). Give me details and I'll be more than happy to look it up.

rockdale80
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
I have donated more than once. First time was via Paypal and the secon was with a check around a year ago. I would have to go pull bank statements. I dont think its been two years since my first paypal.donation though....

rockdale80
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Paypal was in May of 2010. I will find the deposited check.

MUSTANG69
08-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I think it has been less than a year since I donated.

Manso/V8
08-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Are we supposed to subscribe or donate now?

Tejastrue
08-19-2012, 11:28 PM
My last donation was via paypal 11-27-2011. Should I still be able to view the donating members section?

bigwood33
08-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Are we supposed to subscribe or donate now?

The members of the Downlow are the financial support for the site. It is not a requirement, as some may be unable to contribute, but it is certainly appreciated. Without donations, the site goes away. The Admin can describe the monthly financial requirements but I usually contribute once of twice a year in an effort to be sure that the Admin doesn't have to dig into his own pocket.

Maroon87
08-20-2012, 09:01 AM
I donated on 3/6/2012 through PayPal.

Administrator
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
FYI -- I have downloaded 2 year history of PayPal donations, and will begin reinstating them and adding an additional month to each. Please bare with me, as I have to do this manually, and there are over 100 donations that I must go through. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused those who have recently donated. Please be aware that with the new Donation (or as it's officially called from vBulletin, Subscriptions), everything is automatic and it gives MUCH better control of record keeping. The old system was 100% coded by me, and when we upgraded the forum last year, any and all code that I had written was destroyed and incompatible with this version. This new version also allows for me to manually input the subscriptions that come in via check.

As I mentioned above, vBulletin officially calls this the "Subscription" system -- Please note, 3ADL does NOT require subscriptions. We are simply utilizing this feature for PayPal donations only. Donations are not a requirement either, but the board is 100% funded wholly by the members of 3ADL. The staff, administrators and every member of 3ADL thanks each of your contributions to keeping 3ADL alive for a long time, and continuing to be the best HS and most informative sports site for Texas 3A athletics.

If you donated prior to moving to the NEW software back in June 2011, your donation was valid for 2 years. Going forward from the new software, donations are valid for 1 year (giving extra access to features, which will be announced soon). If you donated between today's date in 2010 to June 1, 2011, and you do not see the donating members forum, please send me a PM with details, such as how you paid, email address associated with paypal payment, and estimated date of payment.