PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys

Eagle 1
08-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Wow, I'm suprised there has been no talk of the Cowboys on here yet. (unless I missed the thread)
The defense looks much improved since the secondary has been revamped, but the offense on the other hand still seems to sucking hind tit. Any thoughts?

Eagle 1
08-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow....really?

Saggy Aggie
08-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Clearly it's Romo's fault

coach
08-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Wow, I'm suprised there has been no talk of the Cowboys on here yet. (unless I missed the thread)
The defense looks much improved since the secondary has been revamped, but the offense on the other hand still seems to sucking hind tit. Any thoughts?

I don't know what you mean by saying STILL sucking. They were pretty damn good last year. Remember that they are being hit pretty hard by the injury bug. Witten, miles, and costsa are all hurt. The defense has been rock solid. I was actually impressed with the o line in their last preseason game.

Trashman
08-20-2012, 09:48 AM
it's all Jerry Jones' fault.....

Macarthur
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't think it's any coincidence that the OL looked better. They had a week to work together and Arkin had played center exactly zero times in his life 2 days prior to the Raider game. They're getting Livings back this week and possibly Costa. I think the OL will be fine this year. Not great, but they will be good enough.

The defense will be much better now that they have some DBs that can actually be in the same zip code as the pass catchers. Many folks forget that they were 6th in the league last year in sacks. They can get to the passer, but you still have to have some guys that can cover. Many folks like to talk about pass rush as if it's the be all, end all. It is very important, but to be really good, you have to have some competent level of both.

buff4ever
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't think it's any coincidence that the OL looked better. They had a week to work together and Arkin had played center exactly zero times in his life 2 days prior to the Raider game. They're getting Livings back this week and possibly Costa. I think the OL will be fine this year. Not great, but they will be good enough.

The defense will be much better now that they have some DBs that can actually be in the same zip code as the pass catchers. Many folks forget that they were 6th in the league last year in sacks. They can get to the passer, but you still have to have some guys that can cover. Many folks like to talk about pass rush as if it's the be all, end all. It is very important, but to be really good, you have to have some competent level of both.

Since all that Romo has lacked in the past was DB's on defense, I am sure that he will be a Super Bowl Champion this year:1popcorn:

regaleagle
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
On a side note, congratulations to Cole Beasley from Prosper. Looks like he will be making the team. Minimum salary now at about $485,000 in the NFL, so that in itself is all the incentive a rookie should need to make the cut. Beasley is proving he can play in this league so far, despite his size.

Eagle 1
08-20-2012, 06:07 PM
On a side note, congratulations to Cole Beasley from Prosper. Looks like he will be making the team. Minimum salary now at about $485,000 in the NFL, so that in itself is all the incentive a rookie should need to make the cut. Beasley is proving he can play in this league so far, despite his size.

That's awesome, I like what I have seen of him.

Roughneck93
08-20-2012, 08:45 PM

Hoping he makes the roster. Now that Dez has joined the walking wounded, Cole should see more reps with the first teamers.

Did you happen to see him lose his lunch on Saturday? Apparently this is the norm for him.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/COLE-BEASLEY-PUKE.gif

Cam
08-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Hoping he makes the roster. Now that Dez has joined the walking wounded, Cole should see more reps with the first teamers.

Did you happen to see him lose his lunch on Saturday? Apparently this is the norm for him.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/COLE-BEASLEY-PUKE.gif

That's a good sign!.....The last free-agent WR who puked all the time and became a phenominal player for Dallas was the one and only DREW PEARSON!!......I remember him pukin' thru his facemask on national television on Monday Night Football.....brown yukey stuff was flyin' out everywhere...coulda sworn I saw a clam-shell come flyin' out!!! Howard Cosell had to excuse himself from the booth. :tmi:

Cam
08-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Maybe another reason Shipley wasn't signed was draft pick Danny Coale....He was tearing it up yesterday at practice against San Diego....caught around 5 nice balls......