PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Liberty Hill

hookandladder
08-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Live Scrimmage LH-3 La Grange 2

La Grange starters on offense and defense played two series in 2nd quarter, Good scrimmage for both teams.

hookandladder
08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Live Scrimmage LH-3 La Grange 2

La Grange starters on offense and defense played two series in 2nd quarter, Good scrimmage for both teams.

Where are all the LH fans, what did you guys think about the scrimmage. Was the drive that long, it was definitely a long drive for us last year. Give us some feedback.

LHPfactory
08-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I would have gone but I was coaching my 6th graders scrimmage in Lampasas. So I'm not much help.

panfan
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Where are all the LH fans, what did you guys think about the scrimmage. Was the drive that long, it was definitely a long drive for us last year. Give us some feedback.

I went to see my boy play. In the 2 qrt scrimmage, LH scored 3 times, and Lagrange scored twice as reported above. LH scored on two long runs, and one sustained drive. LH did the usual, up the gut, left right, then broke free and it was off to the races. The last drive by LH was a good sutained effort to move the ball down the field. Lagrange defense was tough, and tied up the middle, but we were able to string together enough yards to keep moving the ball. Lagrange offense looked good, and moved the ball well. Will be a force to be reconned with. Certainly showed LH where we need to improve. Overall, good scrimmage by both teams. There were a few penalties, but not too many. Both teams apparently are shaking off the rust and finding their groove, but LH was able to put togther one more drive than Lagrange. In a 4 qrt game, would have been real close this early in the season. It was nice to see LH against another team to see how our boys would react. Overall, was pleased with what we saw but know we have some work to do to get ready for Sealy and Giddings.

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it, since we were moving the youngest son into the dorm. :weeping:

We did get a text update from one of our son's friends that said "we won". lol Gotta love the details! :D

hookandladder
08-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I went to see my boy play. In the 2 qrt scrimmage, LH scored 3 times, and Lagrange scored twice as reported above. LH scored on two long runs, and one sustained drive. LH did the usual, up the gut, left right, then broke free and it was off to the races. The last drive by LH was a good sutained effort to move the ball down the field. Lagrange defense was tough, and tied up the middle, but we were able to string together enough yards to keep moving the ball. Lagrange offense looked good, and moved the ball well. Will be a force to be reconned with. Certainly showed LH where we need to improve. Overall, good scrimmage by both teams. There were a few penalties, but not too many. Both teams apparently are shaking off the rust and finding their groove, but LH was able to put togther one more drive than Lagrange. In a 4 qrt game, would have been real close this early in the season. It was nice to see LH against another team to see how our boys would react. Overall, was pleased with what we saw but know we have some work to do to get ready for Sealy and Giddings.

Thought it was a good first scrimmage for both teams, LH 's last two scores came against our 2nd team defense. Our starters on both sides came out when the score was 2-1 La Grange in the middle of the second quarter, the one long drive for LH was the last drive of the game against our 2nd D. LH,s other two scores came on 2- 70 yards runs on the very first play, No.17 for LH is the real deal he will be a good player at the next level. For not game planning for the Wing T offense, I thought our D did a great job. Our ofense started a little slow however once we settled down we move the ball very well, our offense can give the D many different looks without changing personal. Overall Good Scrimmage, need to get in better shape.

Bassact
08-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Thought it was a good first scrimmage for both teams, LH 's last two scores came against our 2nd team defense. Our starters on both sides came out when the score was 2-1 La Grange in the middle of the second quarter, the one long drive for LH was the last drive of the game against our 2nd D. LH,s other two scores came on 2- 70 yards runs on the very first play, No.17 for LH is the real deal he will be a good player at the next level. For not game planning for the Wing T offense, I thought our D did a great job. Our ofense started a little slow however once we settled down we move the ball very well, our offense can give the D many different looks without changing personal. Overall Good Scrimmage, need to get in better shape.

For the first scrimmage I thought both teams looked good. Not a lot of penalties and minimal obvious execusion problems. LH 1st D only played the 1st controlled portion, after that a lot of rotating in and out with several key starters taking minimal snaps the rest of the way throughout the scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 4 starters weren't suited up due to injury.
Evidently Coach Vance didn't like he saw. Gave the boys a pretty good tongue lashing afterward for lack of disipline and not knowing what their assignments were. Their was a lot of arm tackling going on so i'm sure they'll hear about it when they watch the film.
For the first time in a couple of years the LH offense actually looked ahead of the defense.
LaGrange QB looked good once he settled down after the first controlled session. He kept a lot of plays a live scrambling around and throws pretty accurately on the move.

YTBulldogs
08-20-2012, 09:42 AM
LG QB is a great athlete, awesome attitude and will lead this talented LG team. Play's a mean 1b and can smack some out of sight dingers too boot. Good luck H&L and son.:2thumbsup