PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood/Godley scrimmage

Bosqueville
08-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Cancelled due to lightning. Have not heard if it will be played tomorrow.

ccmom
08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I thought I heard they played it? Ours was called early due to lightening, too but they got most of it in. Would have been nice to get some real rain out of all the thunder and lightening, but the cooler weather is nice!!

95mustang
08-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Cancelled due to lightning. Have not heard if it will be played tomorrow.

The scrimmage was played. It was delayed due to weather, but they got it in. I only got to watch the first part so I'm not sure how it turned out.

Bosqueville
08-18-2012, 07:45 AM
The scrimmage was played. It was delayed due to weather, but they got it in. I only got to watch the first part so I'm not sure how it turned out.
Sorry.. I was told it was cancelled by someone that went. I guess they left before the final decision.

BwdLion73
08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Well you could go to the new Brownwood Lions 'Facebook' site ... but all I could find was a post from a lady 12 hours ago wanting to know where she could find a Lions cap or visor. :bigcry::blush:

hollywood
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Anyone else get to watch Brownwood's scrimmage? Not much news about the outcome or how it went.

Only news I received is from someone who went and said there is a lot of things still to work on but a lot of potential as well. The coaching staff on hand is one of the best in the state, they said they'll earn their salary this year.
http://brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9380:brownwood-hits-the-field-in-first-scrimmage-of-season-photos-a-video&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

Bosqueville
08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Anyone else get to watch Brownwood's scrimmage? Not much news about the outcome or how it went.

Only news I received is from someone who went and said there is a lot of things still to work on but a lot of potential as well. The coaching staff on hand is one of the best in the state, they said they'll earn their salary this year.
http://brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9380:brownwood-hits-the-field-in-first-scrimmage-of-season-photos-a-video&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

Typical scrimmage report. Work still to be done. Also, Brownwood's starting RB sat our as a precaution.

BEAST
08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Typical scrimmage report. Work still to be done. Also, Brownwood's starting RB sat our as a precaution.

That, and I can tell you the offense was pretty basic. No flashes so to speak. Brownwood will be a good team by the time all is said and done this year.

BEAST

hollywood
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
That, and I can tell you the offense was pretty basic. No flashes so to speak. Brownwood will be a good team by the time all is said and done this year.

BEAST

That's what I'm thinking.

hollywood
08-21-2012, 03:43 PM
How'd the QB's look?