PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer-Whitehouse scrimmage

orange machine
08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Looks like Whithouse controlled the scrimmage scoring 5 touchdowns to Gilmers 1.

regaleagle
08-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Sounds like Glimmer has some work to do on defense. I know Whitehouse is 4A, but that sounds kinda one-sided compared to other years.

orange machine
08-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Whitehouse is a decent 4a, but Gilmer should be better than that score. It is only a scrimmage though and Gilmer has a great coach that will get them ready.

orange machine
08-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Well after reading the comments on smoaky it sounds like Gilmer looked really bad.

defense51
08-18-2012, 01:48 AM
It's only a scrimmage, good programs tend to get it together when the games count. My opinion is that scrimmages help the coaches assess new players and offensive and defensive schemes more than the team as a whole.

Aesculus gilmus
08-18-2012, 05:36 AM
It's only a scrimmage, good programs tend to get it together when the games count. My opinion is that scrimmages help the coaches assess new players and offensive and defensive schemes more than the team as a whole.

I wasn't there, but I know that the Whitehouse coach is fighting for his job. He has a lot of community support because he has established a winning program where there was not much of one before. His players may be more fired up than usual because of this rallying-around-the-leader effect.

The Buckeyes are in transition. It feels like 2010 to me. That team started slow, but went three rounds deep. If this one gets off to a slow start, I won't be surprised. I've heard Txbroadcaster in one of his Sideline to Sideline shows over the summer basically predict that.

buckeyebob
08-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Whitehouse did look good...this was a very typical Gilmer 1st scrimmage. Last years group looked even worse. Everyone will be graded this weekend and Monday will start the work for New Boston's trip to Buckeyeland on Thursday.