PDA

View Full Version : Asst. Coaches with the most rings

Sville
08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
This topic came up amongst myself and some friends and we were talking about former Sville asst. and current Lake Travis asst. Coach Randall Edwards. Coach Edwards came to Sville in 1990 under Briles and won 4 titles here and went to LT with Coach Morris and has won 4 titles there for a total of 8. I was wondering if yall knew of any asst. coaches with more titles than 8? Pretty remarkable IMO.

toddg
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
This topic came up amongst myself and some friends and we were talking about former Sville asst. and current Lake Travis asst. Coach Randall Edwards. Coach Edwards came to Sville in 1990 under Briles and won 4 titles here and went to LT with Coach Morris and has won 4 titles there for a total of 8. I was wondering if yall knew of any asst. coaches with more titles than 8? Pretty remarkable IMO.

that is remarkable...i believe Coach Dixon 3 or 4 with Southlake and Katy maybe one in ennis not sure..

Old Dog
08-17-2012, 02:53 PM
In my thinking, many times the assistants are the heart and soul of good teams. One of my favorites was Coach Southall at Brownwood working for Gordon Wood.

When Burnet made it's 1991 state run, the OC and DC were absolutely a prime reason.......those two inspired their charges to produce higher than they ever thought possible.