PDA

View Full Version : Marlin/Rockdale Scrimmage

Yoe_09
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I will be bringing updates via Twitter of the Marlin/Rockdale scrimmage this evening starting at 7:45.

https://twitter.com/Josh_PrattTOC

Rabid Cougar
08-17-2012, 05:07 PM
No updates on Cameron/China Spring in the morning????

Yoe_09
08-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah. I just figured I'd post that one when I got back tonight.

Yoe_09
08-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, the varsity started quite a bit earlier than expected. I believe I missed the 1st series of the 1st team. Overall, it was 3-0 on scores for Rockdale after that. 2 for the 1st team and 1 for the second team. Rockdale looked good through the air. Brinkley was accurate with his passes, and WR Loth? impressed. I think you may see a few different RB's for Rockdale. Will David be getting a heavy load on offense this year? Skill positions all around look to be pretty solid. The main concern may be on the lines. Marlin looked really young. They only had about 24 or 25 suited out on varsity. The RB kind of stood out to me....not easy to take down. They will probably have quite a few going both ways.

Old Tiger
08-18-2012, 09:15 AM
The Rockdale defense was more impressive than their offense IMO. Saw mistakes by a 3rd year starting QB that shouldn't be made so that was rather disappointing to me. That Pelzel kid is massive and the David kid is a pure athlete at 6'3 220. But his technique was not impressive. Once he gets better technique the sky will be the limit for him.

Manso/V8
08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
The Rockdale defense was more impressive than their offense IMO. Saw mistakes by a 3rd year starting QB that shouldn't be made so that was rather disappointing to me. That Pelzel kid is massive and the David kid is a pure athlete at 6'3 220. But his technique was not impressive. Once he gets better technique the sky will be the limit for him.

I thought you were going to the Wimberley scrimmage??