PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Sealy Scrimmage

HEMOTOXIC
08-15-2012, 07:06 PM
The scrimmage has been changed from Saturday to Friday, August 17.

JV/Frosh will start @ 6p
Varsity will start @ 7:30p

millcreek
08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Just wondering if you have a core group coming back. This should be an interesting scrimmage.

OldBison75
08-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Navasota did not lose too much from last year. Almost all of the skill positions are back with the line the major loser of starters. There is varsity experience at every position though and a great group of JV and Freshman that can make a contribution. I personally think Navasota will be a much better team this year than last. We shall see.

HEMOTOXIC
08-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Navasota did not lose too much from last year. Almost all of the skill positions are back with the line the major loser of starters. There is varsity experience at every position though and a great group of JV and Freshman that can make a contribution. I personally think Navasota will be a much better team this year than last. We shall see.

I couldn't agree more. What I'm hearing is that the line is doing just fine. But as you stated, we shall see.

Manso/V8
08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I think Sealy returns quite a few on offense.

HEMOTOXIC
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Navasota 4 Sealy 0

Not a bad showing for either team. No live quarters played. Both 1st team defenses look really good tonight. Ricky Seals Jones played both reciever and qb on offense.

Navasota 1st vs Sealy 1st, Navasota 1-0
Navaosta 2nd vs Sealy 2nd, Navasota 3-0

It will be interesting to see how Sealy handles the QB postion. Will they continue to use both QB's?

Navasota's Baker (QB) seemed to be a little rusty as he over threw his receivers several times. The offensive line for Navasota gave up 2-3 sacks, but overall, I think that they will be ok by the time district rolls around.

Manso/V8
08-19-2012, 09:52 PM
How did RSJ look at WR? Did they get him the ball?

HEMOTOXIC
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
How did RSJ look at WR? Did they get him the ball?

I personally like him playing the QB position. On defense, he had several hard hits.

HEMOTOXIC
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Recap from the www.navasotaexaminer.com
http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/eedition/page_4c61aa83-258b-5724-95aa-6d6cbf7f2fe4.html#page_12a

BY SCOTT MCDONALD
Examiner publisher
Coaches don’t count points in scrimmages — only touchdowns. So by that math, Navasota won, 6-0, in last Friday’s scrimmage at Sealy. That’s six touchdowns to zero. Despite what looked like an excellent performance by the Rattlers, coaches were able to shoot holes in what was otherwise a flawless game. “We had dropped passes and missed blocks, we missed a few tackles, dropped would be interceptions and our quarterback got sacked a couple of times,” Navasota coach Lee Fedora said. “But I was pleased with our effort. We were flying around the field.” Navasota got two touchdowns from its first team offense on just three drives. The first drive stalled inside the 10-yard line because the Rattlers had reached their play limit. The second-team offense scored four touchdowns— most of them on drives of less than five plays.
The defense may have been even more impressive than the offense.
“Our 1’s stopped them and we were hitting them hard,” Fedora said. “We had a few missed tackles and dropped a couple of interceptions that probably would have been touchdowns, but I was glad to see us flying around out
there.” The offensive line has been a work in progress, and Fedora
said he saw some things he liked in the Sealy scrimmage— other than starting quarterback Kadarius Baker getting sacked. But he said the real test will probably be this Friday at home in the Montgomery scrimmage. “Last year they threw a lot of blitz packages at us, so if they do that, we need to learn
to pick them up,” Fedora said. “We don’t prepare for a scrimmage, we’ll start preparing for Willis next week. But maybe we’ll see some things we can learn from.”

Rattler rosters
Fedora said the varsity roster has 40 players — including 10 sophomores — and the JV roster has 51 players. Fedora said there “about six kids on
the bubble” between staying on JV and moving up to varsity. The coach said sometimes it benefits a player more to stay down and play JV to get repetitions rather than to dress varsity and not see much playing time.
Of the 10 sophomores on varsity, Fedora said most of them are skill-position players.

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 04:27 PM
ouch!

6-0

Thats a thorough ass whoopin.

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2012, 04:34 PM
ouch!

6-0

Thats a thorough ass whoopin.

I counted as 4-0; atleast 1 that I didn't count (5-0) was called back. I am not sure how I missed that other td.

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
I counted as 4-0; atleast 1 that I didn't count (5-0) was called back. I am not sure how I missed that other td.

Either way, with a 4-0 score and missed opportunities on INTs and a drive stalling inside the 10 because of play limits.

Theres just no other way to describe that scrimmage than Sealy just getting spanked

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Either way, with a 4-0 score and missed opportunities on INTs and a drive stalling inside the 10 because of play limits.

Theres just no other way to describe that scrimmage than Sealy just getting spanked

True. It was fun seeing the boys back on the field. By the time district and the playoffs roll around, this Rattler team should be very SALTY!

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
True. It was fun seeing the boys back on the field. By the time district and the playoffs roll around, this Rattler team should be very SALTY! Whats the likelihood that NV goes D1?

Hoping for this NV/WC match up we always wanna see

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Whats the likelihood that NV goes D1?

Hoping for this NV/WC match up we always wanna see

Well, it all depends on what Taylor does. They are the only school that is larger than Navasota, besides College Station, who is not playing varsity this year. But, I still think that Madisonville will shock some teams this year. I predict Navasota, Rockdale, and Madisonville to present D18. That prediction will send the Rattlers to D1. Hopefully, I am wrong!

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 05:02 PM
LOL, i wanna play NV, just not in the playoffs. C'mon Taylor lol

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2012, 05:07 PM
LOL, i wanna play NV, just not in the playoffs. C'mon Taylor lol

Hey, I have seen WC on film, we don't won't any part of them, especially in the playoffs. But, in the event that it does happen, we definitely would have to play at the Berry Center. I tell ya Navasota going D1 would mean, La Vega, Carthage, then WC.

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2012, 05:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, WC will get Yates and then WOS/Coldspring Winner....

Then whoever comes out of NV/LV/Carthage. Thats gonna be brutal.

Then the week after that... we'll get the region 4 representative.

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2012, 05:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, WC will get Yates and then WOS/Coldspring Winner....

Then whoever comes out of NV/LV/Carthage. Thats gonna be brutal.

Then the week after that... we'll get the region 4 representative.

Yeah, Reg III is definitely going to be tough for both division I & II.