PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs ALVARADO

texas_wildcat
08-15-2012, 06:09 PM
what time does it start and what does it cost to get in

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
what time does it start and what does it cost to get inIts set for 7 Pm in Alvarado. I don't think it cost anything. Not sure though.

regaleagle
08-15-2012, 11:03 PM
May be a precursor of things to come.

Gsquared
08-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Im ready

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Im ready
I mentioned you were coming to the players this week.. They are really excited that yall will be there at the game. A couple are wanting to meet yall. If we get there early we can try and go meet coach Dixon if youd like.

toddg
08-17-2012, 02:20 PM
23-7-2...Alvarado's overall record against Kennedale.

defense51
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
There's been some great games between these two teams. The game in 2010 was one on the best and most most exciting high school football games I've ever been to.

toddg
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM
There's been some great games between these two teams. The game in 2010 was one on the best and most most exciting high school football games I've ever been to.

we may be seeing one like it in the playoffs this year!

texas_wildcat
08-17-2012, 10:11 PM
anyone know how this game went today

mick5302
08-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Alvarado didnt look good against kennedales starting defense. They could only get something going with kennedales second or third stringers. Kennedale sat most of their starting defense the whole second live quarter. Alvarados RB is okay, nothing special. Alvarado is getting hype from last years players, not impressed.

texas_wildcat
08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
but how did kennedale look and if they kept score what would it had been

toddg
08-17-2012, 10:32 PM
both Alvarado and Kennedale starting offenses looked very good..both defenses looked ok..i see both being very good with another week.

Alvarado players i really liked..#16 is going to be a heck of a WR this year.
both TEs are monsters!
#14 plays "hard nose" corner..i like that!
the D-line is nasty mean
#18 plays QB very well and makes it look easy...talk about leader!
LBs look more athletic than last year
the Oline looks good, the safeties, RBs etc. look good as well

Kennedale looks like the real deal also..very good mis-direction coupled with really good RBs is tough to defense..i see the Wildcats making big noise in the playoffs this year!

the freshman teams did very well also..i liked what i saw from my kid.

toddg
08-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Alvarado didnt look good against kennedales starting defense. They could only get something going with kennedales second or third stringers. Kennedale sat most of their starting defense the whole second live quarter. Alvarados RB is okay, nothing special. Alvarado is getting hype from last years players, not impressed.

both teams were rotating players like crazy from the get go.. i dont know the Wildcat players..but the Indians were playing a mixed bag throughout..i thought both teams played well with just a week in pads.

texas_wildcat
08-17-2012, 10:43 PM
what would the score have been if it was a game

defense51
08-18-2012, 01:32 AM
The score of the two live quarters played was Kennedale 17 - Alvarado 16, I think. Our offense looke sluggish to me with a couple of bright spots. I thought the defense looked pretty good. Kennedale will be very good this year. That being said it's early and only two Weeks into practice so take that for what it's worth for both teams.

toddg
08-18-2012, 02:33 AM
The score of the two live quarters played was Kennedale 17 - Alvarado 16, I think. Our offense looke sluggish to me with a couple of bright spots. I thought the defense looked pretty good. Kennedale will be very good this year. That being said it's early and only two Weeks into practice so take that for what it's worth for both teams.

the D-Line looks better than last year!

defense51
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
We are definitely not where we were in December last year, but obviously that is expected. I think we're on the right track, we have an excellent coaching staff that will get these young men where they need to be when the games start to count. Kennedale is well coached and even in a down year last year went two rounds in the playoffs, except for last year they always play Alvarado tough. Both of these teams should make some noise in the playoffs. I like what I saw from the QB, he's not hesitant at all to take on an LB or DB head on. The d-line is young but looked good and will continue to improve. The o-line was missing our all-district guard (sevener) and didn't look as good as they should, the holes didn't seem to open up for the running game like you would want to see. Other than that it was a scrimmage and that's what theyre intended to be, a tool for seeing where you're at early.

garciap77
08-18-2012, 09:11 AM
the D-Line looks better than last year!
:eek::eek:

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Alvarado rotated 1st 2nd and 3rd string players on offense the entire time. Kennedale's D was "OK" your linebackers are very good. Alvarado moved the ball quite well the entire game. Mixing many things into play.

The only way Kennedale really moved the ball was on the outside. You have quick RB's. Alvarado didn't seem to have an answer for that. But I promise that will get better. Kennedale has no passing game to speak of. Never have. But that's what you get in a wing T formation.

Overall. Alvarado was the better team and more balanced. And with a tougher schedule than Kennedale has by far, we will be seasoned come playoff time. 1st scrimmage guys.. Both will do well.

Matthew328
08-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Alvarado with a tougher schedule???

You sure about that?

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Alvarado with a tougher schedule???

You sure about that?Absolutely! there are only 3 teams with a winning record from last yr. Wilmer Hutchins, Argyle and Texas High. The rest barely won a a game.. In their district 3 games were won total! Kennedales district is not good at all. Alvarado has 7 teams with winning records. And 5 teams in last yrs playoffs. So yes.. a much harder schedule.

Matthew328
08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Let's really analyze what we have here, because last year's results factor into things but look at the teams for 2012..

Week 0
Alvarado plays Bridgeport and Kennedale plays Crowley....edge to Kennedale...Bridgeport lost their QB to a transfer, that hurts them big time...Crowley is a 4A who brings back the house and is picked by most to make the playoffs...if Bridgeport & Crowley played, I'd take Crowley

Week 1
Alvarado plays Mexia who was a playoff team but was 2-9...Kennedale plays Mansfield Legacy who was 5A last year and finished 2-8....if Legacy played Mexia..Legacy would win...edge Kennedale

Week 2
Alvarado plays a really good FW Southwest squad who was a 4A playoff team..9-2 a year ago....Kennedale plays Wilmer-Hutchins who will be down this year...big edge to Alvarado

Week 3
Alvarado plays China Spring who didn't make the playoffs, but I expect the Cougars to be a pretty good team in 2012...Kennedale is playing state runner up Argyle...I don't expect Argyle to be what they were last year but I still think Argyle will be really good..edge Kennedale

Week 4
Alvarado plays Waco Connally, while Kennedale plays 4A playoff team Texas High....no question here edge Kennedale....

Week 5
Alvarado plays Decatur who was 10-1 last year, but should take a sizeable step back in 2012.......Kennedale has a bye

Week 6
Alvarado plays doormat Hillsboro, Kennedale plays Springtown who was 1-9 in 4A..but I expect Springtown to be WAY improved this year....edge Kennedale

Week 7
Alvarado plays Stephenvllle...Kennedale plays Diamond Hill...enough said

Week 8
Alvarado plays Glen Rose...Kennedale plays Castleberry....another big edge for Alvarado

Week 9
Alvarado has a bye...Kennedale plays another snoozefest vs. Lake Worth

Week 10
Alvarado gets a snoozer against Venus and Kennedale plays Mineral Wells who is an average 3A squad..edge Kennedale

Taking it week by week the edge goes to Kennedale overall...

If you look at the schedule as a whole...

Both teams have two really strong tests in Stephenville and FW Southwest...Kennedale has Argyle and Texas High....

Alvarado's next two toughest games are Bridgeport & China Spring...I'd say Kennedale's are Crowley and Mansfield Legacy...different types of tests with Kennedale going against much larger schools who should be improved in 2012, while Alvarado plays two proven 3A winners....but one should be down..trust me on Crowley, they are going to be VASTLY improved...

After that you've got Glen Rose, Decatur Mexia and Waco Connally for Alvarado...Kennedale has Wilmer-Hutchins, Springtown and Mineral Wells..kind of a push there but you can give an edge to AHS with Decatur being 10-1 a yea ago....

Botttom line the schedules are somewhat similar and I think both teams will be tested come playoff time...I could see these two possibly hooking up in late November in the D2 playoffs

toddg
08-18-2012, 10:50 PM
after reading your very detailed cross of schedules of Alvarado and Kennedale..im thinking of 3 very key games for Alvarado..FTWSouthwest, China Spring, and Glen Rose..apart from the obvious game with Stephenville, those 3 games will be interesting/telling challenges for the Indians..as the season progresses i will be watching these 3 leading up to our games with them.

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Let's really analyze what we have here, because last year's results factor into things but look at the teams for 2012..

Week 0
Alvarado plays Bridgeport and Kennedale plays Crowley....edge to Kennedale...Bridgeport lost their QB to a transfer, that hurts them big time...Crowley is a 4A who brings back the house and is picked by most to make the playoffs...if Bridgeport & Crowley played, I'd take Crowley

Week 1
Alvarado plays Mexia who was a playoff team but was 2-9...Kennedale plays Mansfield Legacy who was 5A last year and finished 2-8....if Legacy played Mexia..Legacy would win...edge Kennedale

Week 2
Alvarado plays a really good FW Southwest squad who was a 4A playoff team..9-2 a year ago....Kennedale plays Wilmer-Hutchins who will be down this year...big edge to Alvarado

Week 3
Alvarado plays China Spring who didn't make the playoffs, but I expect the Cougars to be a pretty good team in 2012...Kennedale is playing state runner up Argyle...I don't expect Argyle to be what they were last year but I still think Argyle will be really good..edge Kennedale

Week 4
Alvarado plays Waco Connally, while Kennedale plays 4A playoff team Texas High....no question here edge Kennedale....

Week 5
Alvarado plays Decatur who was 10-1 last year, but should take a sizeable step back in 2012.......Kennedale has a bye

Week 6
Alvarado plays doormat Hillsboro, Kennedale plays Springtown who was 1-9 in 4A..but I expect Springtown to be WAY improved this year....edge Kennedale

Week 7
Alvarado plays Stephenvllle...Kennedale plays Diamond Hill...enough said

Week 8
Alvarado plays Glen Rose...Kennedale plays Castleberry....another big edge for Alvarado

Week 9
Alvarado has a bye...Kennedale plays another snoozefest vs. Lake Worth

Week 10
Alvarado gets a snoozer against Venus and Kennedale plays Mineral Wells who is an average 3A squad..edge Kennedale

Taking it week by week the edge goes to Kennedale overall...

If you look at the schedule as a whole...

Both teams have two really strong tests in Stephenville and FW Southwest...Kennedale has Argyle and Texas High....

Alvarado's next two toughest games are Bridgeport & China Spring...I'd say Kennedale's are Crowley and Mansfield Legacy...different types of tests with Kennedale going against much larger schools who should be improved in 2012, while Alvarado plays two proven 3A winners....but one should be down..trust me on Crowley, they are going to be VASTLY improved...

After that you've got Glen Rose, Decatur Mexia and Waco Connally for Alvarado...Kennedale has Wilmer-Hutchins, Springtown and Mineral Wells..kind of a push there but you can give an edge to AHS with Decatur being 10-1 a yea ago....

Botttom line the schedules are somewhat similar and I think both teams will be tested come playoff time...I could see these two possibly hooking up in late November in the D2 playoffsVery good way of putting it.. and some of our games are really similar. But the item that sticks out in my head are overall records. Kennedale's opponents have a 36-64 overall regular season record last year. Alvarado's opponents have a 60-41 overall record. so one teams opponents have a winning record and one doesn't. Alvarado plus 19. Kennedale negative 28 wins.

texas_wildcat
08-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Lets jut put it this way. . . . . Last year was last year and this is a new year. . . . .just like there is no way yall will be as good as last years team but yall hope for the best.

COBRAFOOTBALL
08-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Lets jut put it this way. . . . . Last year was last year and this is a new year. . . . .just like there is no way yall will be as good as last years team but yall hope for the best.
I think we will be just fine..

Matthew328
08-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Very good way of putting it.. and some of our games are really similar. But the item that sticks out in my head are overall records. Kennedale's opponents have a 36-64 overall regular season record last year. Alvarado's opponents have a 60-41 overall record. so one teams opponents have a winning record and one doesn't. Alvarado plus 19. Kennedale negative 28 wins.

Some of those records in 2012 will be a lot different though...a lot of the teams Kennedale is playing will be vastly improved in 2012...that 1-9 Springtown had in 4A wont be there, Mansfield Legacy's 2-8 record in 5A will be better....Decatur's 10-1 record will probably decrease...I bet the two team's overall schedules by Week 10 will look very similar