PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside Mustangs

99IHSMustang
08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Just curious if anyone has seen them or has an opinion on how they might fare this year. I know the RB (Marquise) and QB (Tristen) played very well last year, but anything in the way of WR's and DB's stepping up to replace the ones lost to graduation?

pirate4state
08-15-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.kristv.com/news/hs-football-preview-ingleside-mustangs/

oh and by the way ... Ingleside sux! :D :wave:

MUSTANG69
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Just curious if anyone has seen them or has an opinion on how they might fare this year. I know the RB (Marquise) and QB (Tristen) played very well last year, but anything in the way of WR's and DB's stepping up to replace the ones lost to graduation?

I keep hearing lots of speed but young and inexperienced. The Shugart kid is the exception. He is a senior and has lots of speed. He had a problem with hanging onto the ball last year. If the coaches can fix that he will be a big threat becasue of his speed. I heard the Gross kid went to visit in Nebraska this summer and decided to stay. I don't know if that is true. I hope not. He is a sophomore and would be the backup to Barrajas at QB and probably would be a starting receiver.

99IHSMustang
08-15-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.kristv.com/news/hs-football-preview-ingleside-mustangs/

oh and by the way ... Ingleside sux! :D :wave:

Well... that is not very nice.

MustangFootball
08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I keep hearing lots of speed but young and inexperienced. The Shugart kid is the exception. He is a senior and has lots of speed. He had a problem with hanging onto the ball last year. If the coaches can fix that he will be a big threat becasue of his speed. I heard the Gross kid went to visit in Nebraska this summer and decided to stay. I don't know if that is true. I hope not. He is a sophomore and would be the backup to Barrajas at QB and probably would be a starting receiver.It's true Jalen went to Nabraska, man what a shame cause he was a damn good athletic kid....he would have made things interesting as a back up QB in certain packages, and would have been a good target for Barajas. I truely believe Ingleside will be just fine with a good part of the line coming back, with Tristan and Marquis doing their thing. They also have a big target with Terrance at wide receiver, that dude is fast.

99IHSMustang
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I keep hearing lots of speed but young and inexperienced. The Shugart kid is the exception. He is a senior and has lots of speed. He had a problem with hanging onto the ball last year. If the coaches can fix that he will be a big threat becasue of his speed. I heard the Gross kid went to visit in Nebraska this summer and decided to stay. I don't know if that is true. I hope not. He is a sophomore and would be the backup to Barrajas at QB and probably would be a starting receiver.

Hopefully they can take advantage of that speed to match up to some of the quicker teams. It is going to be interesting to watch them against Refugio because according to what was reported on KRISTV.com they have speed everywhere.

99IHSMustang
08-15-2012, 04:43 PM
It's true Jalen went to Nabraska, man what a shame cause he was a damn good athletic kid....he would have made things interesting as a back up QB in certain packages, and would have been a good target for Barajas. I truely believe Ingleside will be just fine with a good part of the line coming back, with Tristan and Marquis doing their thing. They also have a big target with Terrance at wide receiver, that dude is fast.

What about size? Ingleside hasn't had much size on the O-line or D-Line the last couple of seasons. Any big boys coming up from JV?

MustangFootball
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
What about size? Ingleside hasn't had much size on the O-line or D-Line the last couple of seasons. Any big boys coming up from JV?

It might be the same again this year, they do have a couple of big guys coming back on the o-line from what I can tell.... But I'll have a better assessment of the team after Friday night, they scrimmage kingsville here in Ingleside. I have yet to see the team year.

MustangFootball
08-15-2012, 11:08 PM
http://m.facebook.com/InglesideMustangFootballTeam

Here is a really good link to a page with a lot of good info on how the mustangs are doing, it also has some pretty good pics....I'm not sure if the link is gonna work, but if not just follow the path.

99IHSMustang
08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
http://m.facebook.com/InglesideMustangFootballTeam

Here is a really good link to a page with a lot of good info on how the mustangs are doing, it also has some pretty good pics....I'm not sure if the link is gonna work, but if not just follow the path.

Nice, thanks MF.

Phil C
08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Go Mustangs! Beat Refugio!

MUSTANG69
08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Go Mustangs! Beat Refugio!

Even though I am not one the Refugio haters on here I can't think of anything better than to start the season with a win over Refugio.

99IHSMustang
08-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Even though I am not one the Refugio haters on here I can't think of anything better than to start the season with a win over Refugio.

Refugio sounds pretty solid again this year. I am sure there may be more people in the Coastal Bend that would like to see Refugio "fans" be brought down a notch with a loss to start the season.

MustangFootball
08-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I can't wait for this game!!! This could definetly set the tone for another great season.

MUSTANG69
08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I can't wait for this game!!! This could definetly set the tone for another great season.

I think this may be a high scoring shootout. That is probably the only scenario where Ingleside could win. I don't think you stop Refugio's offense. You just have to outscore them.

99IHSMustang
08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Any of you guys planning on attending the scrimmage tonight to see how the Mustangs are coming along?

MUSTANG69
08-17-2012, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=99IHSMustang;1685143]Any of you guys planning on attending the scrimmage tonight to see how the Mustangs are coming along?[/QUOTE

I won't be there. Have previous plans.

MustangFootball
08-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Went to the game last night, the mustangs definetly need work primarily on the offensive line and getting in sync with the receivers. If I'm not mistakin the score was 6-2 (Ingleside)though out the first and second stringers....if im not mistakin the defense had 3 or 4 picks, and 2 force fumbles. Right now it's fair to say that the defense is ahead of the offense at this point......on the ground Marquis was as exciting as always, I look for him to have a huge year.

99IHSMustang
08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Went to the game last night, the mustangs definetly need work primarily on the offensive line and getting in sync with the receivers. If I'm not mistakin the score was 6-2 (Ingleside)though out the first and second stringers....if im not mistakin the defense had 3 or 4 picks, and 2 force fumbles. Right now it's fair to say that the defense is ahead of the offense at this point......on the ground Marquis was as exciting as always, I look for him to have a huge year.

Marquis is a good RB. Doe anyone know if there are any schools scouting him? I imagine not at the D1 level because of his size, but he is an exciting RB to watch. How did Tristen look? I believe the coaches will have the boys ready by the time the first game rolls around.

MustangFootball
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Marquis is a good RB. Doe anyone know if there are any schools scouting him? I imagine not at the D1 level because of his size, but he is an exciting RB to watch. How did Tristen look? I believe the coaches will have the boys ready by the time the first game rolls around.

Don't know if any schools are looking at him and your probly right his size has a lot to do with that, but boy is he exciting to watch....and Tristan looked good once again, I just think he needs up get in sync with his receivers, I saw some glimpses of some possible targets at wide-out.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Don't know if any schools are looking at him and your probly right his size has a lot to do with that, but boy is he exciting to watch....and Tristan looked good once again, I just think he needs up get in sync with his receivers, I saw some glimpses of some possible targets at wide-out.how did the sinton tranfer look? Davila

MustangFootball
08-19-2012, 01:42 PM
how did the sinton tranfer look? Davila

From what I saw he looked alright I was looking out for him to see how he would do, but it was hard cause their practice numbers weren't the same as their game jerseys but I heard his name a few time from player and parent giving him props when he made good plays, I finally saw he was number 80 and I saw him make a pretty good tackle from a LB position if I remember correctly, I hear we have another transfer from Sinton as well.... I believe his name is Brandon Hesseltine not sure if that's true but I hear he's been practicing.... If he was at the scrimmage I didn't see him.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2012, 01:51 PM
From what I saw he looked alright I was looking out for him to see how he would do, but it was hard cause their practice numbers weren't the same as their game jerseys but I heard his name a few time from player and parent giving him props when he made good plays, I finally saw he was number 80 and I saw him make a pretty good tackle from a LB position if I remember correctly, I hear we have another transfer from Sinton as well.... I believe his name is Brandon Hesseltine not sure if that's true but I hear he's been practicing.... If he was at the scrimmage I didn't see him.i was mentioning his name but edited it, wanted to make sure it was true. Ingleside got a good one he will be a big target for Barajas. Think he just moved very recently.

99IHSMustang
08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
i was mentioning his name but edited it, wanted to make sure it was true. Ingleside got a good one he will be a big target for Barajas. Think he just moved very recently.

What grade are these tranfers in?

MustangFootball
08-19-2012, 04:14 PM
i was mentioning his name but edited it, wanted to make sure it was true. Ingleside got a good one he will be a big target for Barajas. Think he just moved very recently.

Yeah I heard he was practicing with the team but like I said wont really know till the season starts.

MustangFootball
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
What grade are these tranfers in?Rudy's a senior he was playing last Friday in the scrimmage, I see him in town all the time. He's a pretty good size kid really passionate about football any time I've ever been in his dads restaurant he's always talking football. I hear the Hesseltine kid is a sophomore or junior. Not really sure.